PDA

View Full Version : Anier

since90plustwo
11-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Speaking to one of my mates who was playing last night and said Anier is absolutely rubbish and can't believe we have signed him. Really hope it was a one off because he seemed certain he was out his depth at u20 level

matty_f
11-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Speaking to one of my mates who was playing last night and said Anier is absolutely rubbish and can't believe we have signed him. Really hope it was a one off because he seemed certain he was out his depth at u20 level

I reckon his first game back after injury is the best time to judge him.

Ozyhibby
11-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I was at the game last night and he looked poor but if it's his first game back then fair enough. Baffling signing though and I'm sure that's why Stubbs is so keen for a striker in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
11-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Carmichael played well though

Hibeewilly
11-11-2015, 10:59 PM
He will be released asap IMHO - January I thik.

hibsbollah
11-11-2015, 11:07 PM

We were all saying that about Amadou Konte when he first arrived too. And look how that turned out.

TheFamous1875
11-11-2015, 11:07 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alan-stubbs-has-high-hopes-for-henri-anier-at-hibs-1-3944704

worcesterhibby
11-11-2015, 11:12 PM
I know it must be a tough time for the doom and gloomers at the moment, but is this the best you guys can do ?? slagging off a guy who is playing his first game back for months ??

Out of his depth at scottish development league level ??

He has played for Estonia at U17, U19, U21, U23 level and has also played 23 times for the full International team scoring 6 goals in those 23 matches. He didn't do terribly well at UTD by all accounts (although he did score some decent goals) but to suggest that a guy that has represented his country at every level, including the senior side 23 times..isn't up to our u20's team it laughable..no one looks good when they are unfit (all right, George Best did..but then he was George Best). Let him get match fit and lets see if he can force his way into a side which already has 4 strikers ahead of him. he was ALWAYS only going to be cover, I suspect Stubbs was concerned that Farid was not going to recover from injury and that would have left us with just 3 forwards and Insall (who obviously is far from the finished article). The chance came to take a loan on an inexperienced International on the cheap and so it was worth a punt as back up...time will tell.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2015, 11:15 PM

Sounds like your mate might be clueless.

Definitely out of his depth at hibs.net level.

HappyAsHellas
11-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Stubbs reckons with one more development game he'll be ready to compete for a first team place - I'll listen to him as opposed to your mate if that's OK.

Andy74
11-11-2015, 11:39 PM

I remember Tam McManus telling me the same thing about David Zitelli after their first reserve outing together.

worcesterhibby
11-11-2015, 11:46 PM
I remember Tam McManus telling me the same thing about David Zitelli after their first reserve outing together.

:greengrin:greengrin that actually made me laugh

Bronson
11-11-2015, 11:47 PM
I thought he looked alright at Motherwell but Dundee Utd fans all absolutely slate him whenever he's mentioned. He's been dubbed 'Mr Prolific' by a section of their support in irony.

Have to say, it doesn't bode well. I'll reserve my judgement for when I see him in a hibs shirt, but I think he'll be gone in January I must admit.

Ozyhibby
12-11-2015, 12:00 AM
I know it must be a tough time for the doom and gloomers at the moment, but is this the best you guys can do ??

Have you forgot we are in the first Division?

worcesterhibby
12-11-2015, 12:22 AM
Have you forgot we are in the first Division?

J
jeez are we !! when did we get relegated again ?? I thought we were in the Championship

Halifaxhibby
12-11-2015, 12:24 AM
The guy is just no good enough sorry. Shame wi the injury but were no a charity club. Sometimes you have to be a bit ruthless!!!!

worcesterhibby
12-11-2015, 12:35 AM
The guy is just no good enough sorry. Shame wi the injury but were no a charity club. Sometimes you have to be a bit ruthless!!!!

Not good enough based on what ? His 65 minute appearance for the U20's...His 12 appearances for DU ?.. his 23 appearances for his country ? His 52 goals in 86 appearances for his Club side in the top league in Estonia ? His 9 goals for Motherwell in the league above the one we are playing in ? Or someones mate who doesn't like blokes with beards ?

It may very well turn out that he never becomes a regular first team player for Hibs...but if Stubbs is happy to give him a chance..I am too. I will trust the man who has steered us to our longest unbeaten run in recent memory

Halifaxhibby
12-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Sorry i didnt realise i was conversing with the players agent!. At this point in time. He is not good enough mate. Injury attitude etc. Is feruz the same?, he has credentials as well. I trust stubbo. U seem to be more clued up on the mighty estonian football so we'll just agree to disagree mate.

HappyAsHellas
12-11-2015, 12:53 AM
How do you know about his attitude? The injury side has been a bit of a let down, but given his track record he might well turn out to be a valuable asset this season. Then again, it might not work out, but why not wait and see instead of just slating the guy.

Halifaxhibby
12-11-2015, 01:08 AM
Not slating him mate. Seen him play several times and i dont think he's good enough. We have a wealth of forward talent now. With wages tight. I'd rather have cover for lewis and david than another nobody who is, in all honesty, 5th choice striker at best.

Steve20
12-11-2015, 07:05 AM
.but if Stubbs is happy to give him a chance..I am too. I will trust the man who has steered us to our longest unbeaten run in recent memory

In the second tier. Last month or so has been great to watch, but let's not pretend Stubbs is the best thing ever and can do no wrong. Long way to go before Stubbs can be talked in the same way as McLeish, Mowbray or even Collins. Getting us top of the second tier would be a starting point.

To his credit, Stubbs has made some fine signings this season. Anier is not one, however. And yes, I have seen enough of him to make that judgement.

Thecat23
12-11-2015, 07:31 AM
In the second tier. Last month or so has been great to watch, but let's not pretend Stubbs is the best thing ever and can do no wrong. Long way to go before Stubbs can be talked in the same way as McLeish, Mowbray or even Collins. Getting us top of the second tier would be a starting point.

To his credit, Stubbs has made some fine signings this season. Anier is not one, however. And yes, I have seen enough of him to make that judgement.

Stubbs has a bigger rebuildin job on his hands than any of the managers you mentioned. Mowbray was lucky that we had a fantastic youth system and the ones coming through.

To just dismiss Hibs unbeaten record because it's in the championship is ridiculous! Personally I think he's a breath of fresh air and better than Collins already. Man management far better and he's built his own side. Collins inherited Mowbrays team.

Anyway back to Anier, don't know anything about the lad, Utd supporting mate thinks he's horrific few others have said he's not very good but happy to wait. Be surprised if he's still with us after Jan imo. His goals for his country were against dross so I won't read much into that. If he does play I'll be right behind him and hope he does well, but Dom, James and Jason will be miles ahead of him in the pecker order.

3pm
12-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Stubbs has a bigger rebuildin job on his hands than any of the managers you mentioned. Mowbray was lucky that we had a fantastic youth system and the ones coming through.

To just dismiss Hibs unbeaten record because it's in the championship is ridiculous! Personally I think he's a breath of fresh air and better than Collins already. Man management far better and he's built his own side. Collins inherited Mowbrays team.

Anyway back to Anier, don't know anything about the lad, Utd supporting mate thinks he's horrific few others have said he's not very good but happy to wait. Be surprised if he's still with us after Jan imo. His goals for his country were against dross so I won't read much into that. If he does play I'll be right behind him and hope he does well, but Dom, James and Jason will be miles ahead of him in the pecker order.

And a fit Farid. And maybe even Boyle.

oneone73
12-11-2015, 07:51 AM

There's a pecker order? Wow, that's a close-knit squad!

Hibbyradge
12-11-2015, 08:07 AM
Stubbs rate him, but some boy's random mate reckons he's pants.

:hmm:

Decision made. Get him hunted.

IanM
12-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Regardless if he's 5th/6th choice the fact Stubbs has said he's pushing for a first team appearance will surely only keep the players wanting to stay in the squad on their toes.

That must be a good thing regardless of what others think

Thecat23
12-11-2015, 08:36 AM

😂 Just noticed why you meant. Not even going to edit it, I'll leave it that way!

Ronniekirk
12-11-2015, 08:43 AM
And a fit Farid. And maybe even Boyle.

Boyle is the player missing out at present ,been used sparingly and recently Feruz has been coming off the bench now he is fit
Stubbs has said he thinks Anier has a role to play so he must be seeing something in training that makes him think that , but like Feruz ,he would need game time ,and at present the team are getting us the results needed with Cummings, Keatings, and Malonga , but at some point one may pick up an injury so would be good to see others given more game time where possible to show what they can do
Carmichael came as part of a winning Queen of the South Team but yet hasn't managed to get into team either So it shows what a strong first team we have at present

As for Farid ,Stubbs has again gone public this week saying it will be the second half of season before we may see the best of him ,as he still needs to build up match sharpness and his muscle tone and strength .
I think it's clear at this stage we can't assume it will work out for Farid ,if it does great ,but if it doesn't he needs another Striker in January window
In making that statement he will have weighted up the contributions Boyle ,Anier and Feruz have made to date ,but also they can't play the role Farid can if fit ,hence us trying to get John Daly in but that fell through .
Stubbs won't want to loose key players in January but again you would assume they wil be starting to formulate thier position if a bidding war started for one of our players

I would still like the club to come out before the January window and confirm that unless they get an exceptional bid that is just too good to turn down ,there intention is to hold on to key players until the summer ,and not let a player going derail our promotion prospects .

interesting times ahead I have no doubt but the Board have shown a willingness to back Stubbs and can't see that changing ,

it's a good time to be a Hibee :flag:

JimBHibees
12-11-2015, 09:16 AM
I know it must be a tough time for the doom and gloomers at the moment, but is this the best you guys can do ?? slagging off a guy who is playing his first game back for months ??

He has played for Estonia at U17, U19, U21, U23 level and has also played 23 times for the full International team scoring 6 goals in those 23 matches. He didn't do terribly well at UTD by all accounts (although he did score some decent goals) but to suggest that a guy that has represented his country at every level, including the senior side 23 times..isn't up to our u20's team it laughable..no one looks good when they are unfit (all right, George Best did..but then he was George Best). Let him get match fit and lets see if he can force his way into a side which already has 4 strikers ahead of him. he was ALWAYS only going to be cover, I suspect Stubbs was concerned that Farid was not going to recover from injury and that would have left us with just 3 forwards and Insall (who obviously is far from the finished article). The chance came to take a loan on an inexperienced International on the cheap and so it was worth a punt as back up...time will tell.

Absolutely nailed it spot on. He has proven at Motherwell he can play at a league higher than we are currently playing at as well as being an international player so if AS wants him as an option and that is all he is dont see anything to be negative about. To be slating the boy after one game on an artificial pitch is laughable to be honest. Give him a few weeks to get fitter and then see where he is.

JimBHibees
12-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Not good enough based on what ? His 65 minute appearance for the U20's...His 12 appearances for DU ?.. his 23 appearances for his country ? His 52 goals in 86 appearances for his Club side in the top league in Estonia ? His 9 goals for Motherwell in the league above the one we are playing in ? Or someones mate who doesn't like blokes with beards ?

It may very well turn out that he never becomes a regular first team player for Hibs...but if Stubbs is happy to give him a chance..I am too. I will trust the man who has steered us to our longest unbeaten run in recent memory

You mean he's got a beard, thats it hes obviously rubbish. :greengrin

JimBHibees
12-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Sounds like you are gagging on us losing a game so you can pile in on Stubbs. The guy is doing a great job and to say otherwise on the back of winning 12 out of 13 including games against Aberdeen, United and Rangers is remarkable.

JimBHibees
12-11-2015, 09:24 AM

:faf::faf:

Sort of like a school line up smallest to largest. :greengrin

erin go bragh
12-11-2015, 09:26 AM

Agree 100% . Give the guy a chance . He looked a decent striker at Well .
Ill judge him when he is fit and up to speed .

Thecat23
12-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Sounds like you are gagging on us losing a game so you can pile in on Stubbs. The guy is doing a great job and to say otherwise on the back of winning 12 out of 13 including games against Aberdeen, United and Rangers is remarkable.

Exactly. Dons were unbeaten until we played them sitting top. Utd are poor but still a league above us. The Rangers were undefeated until they came to ER so all in all, he's talking nonsense imo.

scoopyboy
12-11-2015, 10:04 AM
If Anier does get his chance in the first team it's up to him to take it (the same as everyone else really). I hope he turns out to be sensationally good but if he isn't then it's not as if we're losing a lot of money over it.

As a by the way, I believe Dan Carmichael is going in for an operation soon.

since90plustwo
12-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Was just saying what I was told. Unfortunately he played on the maroon side the other night but asked what Hibs were like said whoever the Swedish boy was shocking. Was more the fact he marked him out as out worst player that surprised me. He said Carmichael was good aswell tho. Happy to be proved wrong with this one though!

Kato
12-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Was just saying what I was told.

Then you should be posting on the Parrot board.

oneone73
12-11-2015, 10:09 AM

Back in time for festive period I hope. We're going to need strength in depth.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 10:09 AM
If Anier does get his chance in the first team it's up to him to take it (the same as everyone else really). I hope he turns out to be sensationally good but if he isn't then it's not as if we're losing a lot of money over it.

Wondered if there was an ongoing problem with Carmichael, as he hasn't featured much. Played 90 mins on Tuesday, so must have flared up again

B.H.F.C
12-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Wondered if there was an ongoing problem with Carmichael, as he hasn't featured much. Played 90 mins on Tuesday, so must have flared up again

Yeah not had many minutes at all. He did well when he came on against Aberdeen but not shown much overall. Hopefully it's down to the fact that he's been struggling injury wise, as opposed to not being very good!

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 10:20 AM
Yeah not had many minutes at all. He did well when he came on against Aberdeen but not shown much overall. Hopefully it's down to the fact that he's been struggling injury wise, as opposed to not being very good!

Heard he'd had an injury when he joined us, so more of a long term problem

JimBHibees
12-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Was just saying what I was told. Unfortunately he played on the maroon side the other night but asked what Hibs were like said whoever the Swedish boy was shocking. Was more the fact he marked him out as out worst player that surprised me. He said Carmichael was good aswell tho. Happy to be proved wrong with this one though!

:faf::faf:

flash
12-11-2015, 11:20 AM

Not remarkable at all when you see who posted it.

Thecat23
12-11-2015, 11:57 AM

Nothing wrong with posting what someone who played in the game thought. Although he's not Swedish! For what it's worth everyone I know who's seen him play say he's poor.

But sometimes a player and club fit well and he might turn out to be pretty good if given the chance. Deep down though I have the feeling he will move on in Jan or if he stays he will play a very small role in our team.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2015, 11:58 AM
I thought he was pretty decent at Motherwell. Can't really recall him at Dundee Utd and have yet to see him play for Hibs.

I think I'll reserve judgement. Sadly it seems so many have made up their minds every mistake will be picked up on and he'll never really get a chance.

B.H.F.C
12-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Nothing wrong with posting what someone who played in the game thought. Although he's not Swedish! For what it's worth everyone I know who's seen him play say he's poor.

But sometimes a player and club fit well and he might turn out to be pretty good if given the chance. Deep down though I have the feeling he will move on in Jan or if he stays he will play a very small role in our team.

Think the problem is going to be getting a chance as much as anything. Same probably goes for Feruz. I'd expect at least one of them to be away in January unless we have an injury crisis again.

I know it's a long season but I don't think we will carry passengers for the sake of it.

Thecat23
12-11-2015, 12:08 PM
I thought he was pretty decent at Motherwell. Can't really recall him at Dundee Utd and have yet to see him play for Hibs.

I think I'll reserve judgement. Sadly it seems so many have made up their minds every mistake will be picked up on and he'll never really get a chance.

I hope not, I will defo wait and see what he's like before I make up my mind. I just feel with the strikers we have I doubt we will see much of him. The way the team are playing I can't see many getting on his back if he does play, good atmosphere around the place just now and I'd like more would rather lift his confidence than slag him off or boo him.

Golden Bear
12-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Ah well looks like it's time to move. Anier has had more than a fair chance to prove his worth to Hibernian FC and from what I hear, he's flunked it in his first game back after injury.

Who can we line up next for the hatchet?

:rolleyes:

Beefster
12-11-2015, 12:33 PM
Last month or so has been great to watch, but let's not pretend Stubbs is the best thing ever and can do no wrong. Long way to go before Stubbs can be talked in the same way as McLeish, Mowbray or even Collins.

None of which the post you replied to did so let's not be pretending that you're the world's greatest lover or that you're 14 feet tall.

J-C
12-11-2015, 01:06 PM

McLeish.., Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu, Yogi in a league with no real competition and won the league by 23 pts.
Mowbray...Golden generation, Boozy and a strike force of GOC/Riordan with 42 between them and still we finished 31 pts behind Celtic in 3rd. Goals for 64, against 57, every game a thriller and heart attack at the same time.
Collins...Took over Mowbray's team, won cup but lost the dressing room all in one with his poor man management, 2nd season very poor signings and went in the huff when he didn't get more cash from the board, failed everywhere he's went afterwards.

Stubbs...Took over a club in crisis, fans leaving at every turn, new era, new admin, new ideas, football good and his signings so far have been excellent, has an eye for a player. For me Stubbs has had the harder job to do, up against Hearts and Rangers and had to rebuild a whole new squad.

worcesterhibby
12-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Stubbs...Took over a club in crisis, fans leaving at every turn, new era, new admin, new ideas, football good and his signings so far have been excellent, has an eye for a player. For me Stubbs has had the harder job to do, up against Hearts and Rangers and had to rebuild a whole new squad.

Also worth noting that if we average the same number of points per game as we have in the last 12 league games, we will end up on 93 points, beating Hearts record tally of last season and bettering the total set by the Sauzee/Latapy Mcleish promotion side of 1998/99 by 4 points. We haven't done it yet of course, but the progress we have made is excellent.

KeithTheHibby
12-11-2015, 01:33 PM

Where about have you seen enough of him? As far as I can tell he hasn't played a single minute of first team action so you are talking out of your hole.

NAE NOOKIE
12-11-2015, 01:35 PM
McLeish.., Sauzee, Latapy, Mixu, Yogi in a league with no real competition and won the league by 23 pts.
Mowbray...Golden generation, Boozy and a strike force of GOC/Riordan with 42 between them and still we finished 31 pts behind Celtic in 3rd. Goals for 64, against 57, every game a thriller and heart attack at the same time.
Collins...Took over Mowbray's team, won cup but lost the dressing room all in one with his poor man management, 2nd season very poor signings and went in the huff when he didn't get more cash from the board, failed everywhere he's went afterwards.

This.

As for Anier, I don't think I can recall ever seeing him play, though I probably have. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play for us, but by the looks of it that might only happen if we suddenly have a striker crisis. I do feel sorry for Boyle and Carmichael who are both good players and have done well in their recent appearances in the team.

Islam Feruz ....... I think wee Islam will shortly be jumping into the Porche and zooming back down to that London. I'm sure there is an undoubted talent in there, but its testament to our team just now that he cant get a kick at the ball. Perhaps it would be better for him if he found another club who can give him a game. I hear Crewe are struggling and they have a great reputation of working with young players.

KeithTheHibby
12-11-2015, 01:37 PM

Correct.

Thecat23
12-11-2015, 01:50 PM
This.

As for Anier, I don't think I can recall ever seeing him play, though I probably have. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play for us, but by the looks of it that might only happen if we suddenly have a striker crisis. I do feel sorry for Boyle and Carmichael who are both good players and have done well in their recent appearances in the team.

Islam Feruz ....... I think wee Islam will shortly be jumping into the Porche and zooming back down to that London. I'm sure there is an undoubted talent in there, but its testament to our team just now that he cant get a kick at the ball. Perhaps it would be better for him if he found another club who can give him a game. I hear Crewe are struggling and they have a great reputation of working with young players.

Couldn't agree more with the Carmichael and Boyle comment. Both done well but can't get a sniff while the front three are on fire just now.

Feruz I think needs games, clearly Chelsea don't want him playing in development games but he won't get ahead of Jason, Dom or James so I think he should at least play a few to get match fit. If not then as you say he may well be heading back.

Diclonius
12-11-2015, 01:52 PM
The D&Gers must be running out of things to moan about if the only thing they can criticise is a guy who hasn't even played for us yet. :wink:

Borderhibbie76
12-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Not slating him mate. Seen him play several times and i dont think he's good enough. We have a wealth of forward talent now. With wages tight. I'd rather have cover for lewis and david than another nobody who is, in all honesty, 5th choice striker at best.
Another nobody?? Ru for real?? Gotta be our best squad currently since the golden generation...I also disagree with your slating of a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for us yet...like other I'll trust Stubbsy thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2015, 03:57 PM

Never mind the Swedish guy who ever he is, what about Anier the Estonian how did he play :greengrin