PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: THE VOICE: UPDATE FROM AMIT MOUDGIL AND FRANK DOUGAN

RSS Bot
10-11-2015, 03:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5849)

Carheenlea
10-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Good to hear of some positive work going on behind the scenes with our fans reps. These bulletins will be helpful in the future to relay back to supporters of the work that is going on, a lot of which often goes unreported.

3pm
10-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Positive update. Good stuff.

McD
10-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Great update, simple and clear, but full of info, keep up the good work guys :greengrin

PatHead
10-11-2015, 07:24 PM
This is the article that was in the programme this week against Dundee Utd.

Good to see feedback.

I would also like to see feedback about what happens at a board meeting and how they are received.

Well done to them both though.

Amit
10-11-2015, 07:32 PM
This is the article that was in the programme this week against Dundee Utd.

Good to see feedback.

I would also like to see feedback about what happens at a board meeting and how they are received.

Well done to them both though.

Hi Kevin,

I'm certain The Voice will continue to evolve.

[emoji106]

Cheers,

Amit

PatHead
10-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Hi Kevin,

I'm certain The Voice will continue to evolve.

[emoji106]

Cheers,

Amit

Good Amit.

Was just a suggestion.

Onwards and upwards.

Carheenlea
10-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Would board meetings be subject to confidentiality? I`ve never heard of minutes being available to view by shareholders or suchlike?

PatHead
10-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Would board meetings be subject to confidentiality? I`ve never heard of minutes being available to view by shareholders or suchlike?

?Not really the board minutes more the structure, how they were received, how suggestions were received etc

Amit
10-11-2015, 07:48 PM

Hi,

You are correct in that minutes of the board meeting are confidential as they contain sensitive information. However, I'll look into how we can evolve The Voice to help with this.

GGTTH [emoji106]

Cheers,

Amit

Carheenlea
10-11-2015, 07:48 PM
?Not really the board minutes more the structure, how they were received, how suggestions were received etc

Ah, got you now. Yes, that would be interesting to learn right enough.

GreenCastle
10-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks for update - 2 quick questions

1 - are we ever going to improve the food within the stands ? Still expensive and not a great choice.

2 - any plans to continue the branding in and around the stadium ? I have liked the recent signage and pictures into the stadium.

Since1875Hibs
10-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Enjoyed that read. Cheers folks.

Ross

Amit
10-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Thanks for update - 2 quick questions

1 - are we ever going to improve the food within the stands ? Still expensive and not a great choice.

2 - any plans to continue the branding in and around the stadium ? I have liked the recent signage and pictures into the stadium.

Hospitality is now 100% Hibs and we are working with our Kiosk supplier to improve service, quality and value. This is ongoing but hopeful we can get it right. So watch this space.

We are continuing to improve the look and feel of the stadium to try and make it feel more like home. The Working Together Group which focuses on Stadium improvements helped to drive the painted walls in the west and east stand as well as the sought after crest on the west. We are actively encouraging supporters to come forward and drive projects such as these. If there is anything you'd like to see, I would encourage you to get involved by attending the next WT meeting [emoji106]

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
10-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Hi,

You are correct in that minutes of the board meeting are confidential as they contain sensitive information. However, I'll look into how we can evolve The Voice to help with this.

GGTTH [emoji106]

Cheers,

Amit

Good point Amit, "corporate" typical boardroom activity by its nature was always going to be a tough one for a football fans rep on the board of something that is at the emotional centre of every fan they were elected to represent. Especially for the first reps.

Outside of football there is always going to be valid reasons why what's said in the boardroom has to stay in the boardroom, but I don't imagine there's many fans who bought into the current arrangement who thought there'd be a drip feed of what the board did and didn't want them to hear from the fans reps.

I hope we eventually get to a stage where the people the fans vote onto the board are able to communicate directly to the fans without there being anything that is deemed not for the fans attention (I guess that's utopia) otherwise we just get another board member behaving like a traditional board member albeit one who is undoubtedly a committed fan.

When Hibbies own the club, or a significant share the role of the fan on the board becomes a pleasure! - Buy shares, sign up to the current HSL model, it's the way forward.

GreenCastle
10-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Hospitality is now 100% Hibs and we are working with our Kiosk supplier to improve service, quality and value. This is ongoing but hopeful we can get it right. So watch this space.

We are continuing to improve the look and feel of the stadium to try and make it feel more like home. The Working Together Group which focuses on Stadium improvements helped to drive the painted walls in the west and east stand as well as the sought after crest on the west. We are actively encouraging supporters to come forward and drive projects such as these. If there is anything you'd like to see, I would encourage you to get involved by attending the next WT meeting [emoji106]

GGTTH

Thanks for quick reply and update.

Glad to hear the food kiosk's are being looked at - I still think these is so much room for improvement. This isn't my line of expertise but have visited other stadia and feel we can do better.

Have liked the painted walls etc inside the stands - hopefully more local artists are contacted and asked to do murals etc.

Cheers

Amit
10-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Good point Amit, "corporate" typical boardroom activity by its nature was always going to be a tough one for a football fans rep on the board of something that is at the emotional centre of every fan they were elected to represent. Especially for the first reps.

Outside of football there is always going to be valid reasons why what's said in the boardroom has to stay in the boardroom, but I don't imagine there's many fans who bought into the current arrangement who thought there'd be a drip feed of what the board did and didn't want them to hear from the fans reps.

I hope we eventually get to a stage where the people the fans vote onto the board are able to communicate directly to the fans without there being anything that is deemed not for the fans attention (I guess that's utopia) otherwise we just get another board member behaving like a traditional board member albeit one who is undoubtedly a committed fan.

When Hibbies own the club, or a significant share the role of the fan on the board becomes a pleasure! - Buy shares, sign up to the current HSL model, it's the way forward.

[emoji106]

There is something nice about seeing £18.75 on my bank statement every month! [emoji1]

Amit
10-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks for quick reply and update.

Glad to hear the food kiosk's are being looked at - I still think these is so much room for improvement. This isn't my line of expertise but have visited other stadia and feel we can do better.

Have liked the painted walls etc inside the stands - hopefully more local artists are contacted and asked to do murals etc.

Cheers

Agreed. There's always room for improvement [emoji106]

Bostonhibby
10-11-2015, 08:33 PM
[emoji106]

There is something nice about seeing £18.75 on my bank statement every month! [emoji1]

WTF????????? You get paid £18.75 a month. I blame Petrie :greengrin

Keep up the good work, slowly slowly catchee monkey!

GGTTH

Amit
10-11-2015, 08:36 PM
WTF????????? You get paid £18.75 a month. I blame Petrie :greengrin

Keep up the good work, slowly slowly catchee monkey!

GGTTH

Ha ha! Fell right into that one!

Thanks and will do!

Sir David Gray
10-11-2015, 09:02 PM
Another positive change happening at the club.

This type of thing just never used to happen before so it's great to this extra bit of communication coming from the club. :aok:

Alex Trager
10-11-2015, 09:14 PM

GGTTH

Hi Amit.

As previously discussed on occasion,
Baines at Stenhouse would be the choice of mines for pie supplies.
They sell them pretty cheap and are truly top notch.

They also have a variety.

It actually seems as though I am an employee but I can assure you am not :)

Amit
10-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Hi Amit.

[emoji106]

You must be on commission then [emoji6]

Alex Trager
10-11-2015, 09:16 PM
[emoji106]

You must be on commission then [emoji6]

25p per pie.

I am fairly confident they'd be well received throughout the ground.

Just a thought.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Hi Amit.

Sub contractor? if so do you do Pastry? Mince? or is it that unidentifiable but irresistible ingredient that we all crave after 6 pints that shifts the roof of the mouth and takes 24 hours to detect?:wink:

Ozyhibby
10-11-2015, 11:45 PM
I'd like to know what our chairman, who is also Vice-President of the SFA (he really is one success story after another) is doing to restore integrity and credibility to the game? Does he even report this work back to the board?
So far we have heard nothing from him on this while the organisiastion he runs sinks, just like his work at Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amit
11-11-2015, 12:02 AM
I'd like to know what our chairman, who is also Vice-President of the SFA (he really is one success story after another) is doing to restore integrity and credibility to the game? Does he even report this work back to the board?
So far we have heard nothing from him on this while the organisiastion he runs sinks, just like his work at Hibs.

Hi Ozy,

Our Non-Exec Chairman does provide an update on any SFA/SPFL matters at the board meeting.

I will need to check whether I can incorporate any of it in The Voice. Leave it with me [emoji106]

Thanks,

Amit

Ozyhibby
11-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Hi Ozy,

Our Non-Exec Chairman does provide an update on any SFA/SPFL matters at the board meeting.

I will need to check whether I can incorporate any of it in The Voice. Leave it with me [emoji106]

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks, that would be great.

147lothian
11-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the update Amit, Your doing exactly what you said you would do if elected, communicate with the fans, keep the good work!

Andy74
11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
One of the things Dempster made a point of saying about the fan rep plan was that we would then get a clear idea from our own people really what influence Rod Petrie has and whether he dominates the board proceedings.

So, how have you found that it works with Rod?

Peevemor
11-11-2015, 09:22 PM

So as (second) vice-president he "runs" the SFA? Wouldn't just be another excuse to have a pop would it? :rolleyes:

Amit
11-11-2015, 09:24 PM
One of the things Dempster made a point of saying about the fan rep plan was that we would then get a clear idea from our own people really what influence Rod Petrie has and whether he dominates the board proceedings.

So, how have you found that it works with Rod?

What I can say Andy is that everyone is behind Leeann and pushing in the same direction under her stewardship.

Also, when discussing matters every Board Member's opinion is heard and valued.

My own view is that no one individual exerts more influence than others on the Board. We are all strong characters in our own right. [emoji106]

Hope that helps.

GGTTH

Amit

Andy74
11-11-2015, 09:26 PM
What I can say Andy is that everyone is behind Leeann and pushing in the same direction under her stewardship.

Also, when discussing matters every Board Member's opinion is heard and valued.

My own view is that no one individual exerts more influence than others on the Board. We are all strong characters in our own right. [emoji106]

Hope that helps.

GGTTH

Amit

Thanks for that and good to hear.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2015, 09:28 PM
Great to read and see evidence of increased communication from the board to the fans.

Ozyhibby
11-11-2015, 09:44 PM
So as (second) vice-president he "runs" the SFA? Wouldn't just be another excuse to have a pop would it? :rolleyes:

I don't need an excuse.
I was just curious as to the job he is doing at the SFA?
I would like to know if my clubs representative to the SFA is pushing for a full investigation into the cheating that went on by certain clubs or he is trying sweep it under the carpet?
People keep saying he has no part in running Hibs now (nonsense IMHO) and that he is concentrating on his role at the SFA. It's not unreasonable to ask what that role might be?

Andy74
11-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't need an excuse.
I was just curious as to the job he is doing at the SFA?
I would like to know if my clubs representative to the SFA is pushing for a full investigation into the cheating that went on by certain clubs or he is trying sweep it under the carpet?
People keep saying he has no part in running Hibs now (nonsense IMHO) and that he is concentrating on his role at the SFA. It's not unreasonable to ask what that role might be?

Who has said he has no part? He is non exec Chairman.

Perhaps you are getting confused with people saying he is no longer running the club day to day. Though I'm sure you actually knew that.

Peevemor
11-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Who has said he has no part? He is non exec Chairman.

Perhaps you are getting confused with people saying he is no longer running the club day to day. Though I'm sure you actually knew that.

Exactly.

Also, RP was one of the first chairmen to publicly state his opposition to Sevco's trying to be elected directly into one of the top two leagues. He may have his faults but he's big on sporting integrity.

However, that doesn't stop some people polluting positive threads with disingenuous crap in order to have a cheap shot.

Ozyhibby
11-11-2015, 11:05 PM
Exactly.

Also, RP was one of the first chairmen to publicly state his opposition to Sevco's trying to be elected directly into one of the top two leagues. He may have his faults but he's big on sporting integrity.

However, that doesn't stop some people polluting positive threads with disingenuous crap in order to have a cheap shot.

Apologies, I just thought I would ask a meaningful question about where the club stood on an important issue.
I'll try fit in with the rest of thread now.

Amit, any chance of HP sauce instead of the cheap brown sauce at the kiosks?

That's the real important stuff right there.
[emoji6]

Weststandwanab
12-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Apologies, I just thought I would ask a meaningful question about where the club stood on an important issue.
I'll try fit in with the rest of thread now.

Amit, any chance of HP sauce instead of the cheap brown sauce at the kiosks?

That's the real important stuff right there.
[emoji6]

Ditto on the Brown Sauce !

Amit, many thanks for your assistance today as per e-mail, it is greatly appreciated by more than just myself.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
16-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Hi Ozy,

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,
How did you get on with your request?
Would be nice to know the clubs position on this.
Cheers

Amit
16-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Hi Amit,
How did you get on with your request?
Would be nice to know the clubs position on this.
Cheers

Hi Ozy,

Apologies, I don't have an update. I was having a think about this and it is probably more appropriate that I bring the topic up at the next Board Meeting with the full board present.

GGTTH

Amit

[emoji106]

Ozyhibby
16-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Cheers.
Keep up the good work.

jabis
16-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Cheers Amit
Thanks for the great work.