PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Opposition

mutley
09-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Had a wee peek on sickbag (I know, I know, and yes I feel dirty now) and on the semi draw thread, apart from rubbing their hands at the thought of possible cash coming their way, if we use the PBS, a few are drooling at a saints win -and say " st j will tear them apart, they will see what it's like to face a prem team" or words to that effect.
Have they lost the plot and forgot that we have already dispatched Aberdeen And Dundee UTD? Muppets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson
09-11-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure gate receipts for the match are split 50/50 between the 2 teams playing? They'll get some kind of income but nothing to get excited about. If they are drooling at that prospect then they clearly need the cash more than us.

As for St Johnstone 'tearing us apart', that just smacks of sour grapes and desperation. They're getting worried.

Jim44
09-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Had a wee peek on sickbag (I know, I know, and yes I feel dirty now) and on the semi draw thread, apart from rubbing their hands at the thought of possible cash coming their way, if we use the PBS, a few are drooling at a saints win -and say " st j will tear them apart, they will see what it's like to face a prem team" or words to that effect.
Have they lost the plot and forgot that we have already dispatched Aberdeen And Dundee UTD? Muppets

Saw that and thought the same. He even goes on to say that once we find out how far behind the Championship is in relation to the Premiership we will appreciate how wonderful the Jambos are to be lying in 2nd place. Deluded or what? :lolyam:

Thecat23
09-11-2015, 05:48 PM
I read it as well, it's hilarious! They are so deluded it's brilliant. The same Prem team who destroyed Hearts came to ER and lost 2-0. We then play Utd and it was 3 going on 10.

They think our squad isn't good enough as well 😂 McGinn is better than any player in their team. I'd take Nicholson & Walker out that whole squad the rest are bang average at best.

They are spewing we are in the semis so imagine them if we make the final! Kickback is actually very funny at times it really is.

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Could they be getting worried I wonder :greengrin

Beat top of the league Aberdeen and beat the unbeatable Zombies. Dundee Utd might be bottom of the league, but they were made to look every bit of it as we outplayed them from start to finish.

We are still outsiders for this cup and St Johnstone are to be respected, nobody is pretending they aren't capable of beating us .... but any Yam who thinks they will tear us a new one is displaying the usual delusion their fans are renowned for.

sleeping giant
09-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Haha what a thick clown :greengrin

Has nobody pulled him up over there ?

mutley
09-11-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm glad that it wasn't just me thinking that. They even go on to say the Celtic will hammer us in the final if we get there. I don't have an account over there (I just couldn't do it, not even pretending).
It's funny how to them it's only a Diddy cup once they are no longer in it !

Jim44
09-11-2015, 06:44 PM
I'm glad that it wasn't just me thinking that. They even go on to say the Celtic will hammer us in the final if we get there. I don't have an account over there (I just couldn't do it, not even pretending).
It's funny how to them it's only a Diddy cup once they are no longer in it !

Oh, I thought they hadn't entered this Diddy Cup competition. Did somebody knock them out in an earlier round?:bye:

Pretty Boy
09-11-2015, 06:49 PM
We played the team top of the Premiership in this cup, took the game to them and won 2-0.

They played the team top of the Premiership in this cup, sat in and played defensively and were beaten 2-1.

We have had anything but an easy draw this season, I include the semi final in that, we have advanced this far because we deserve it. They haven't.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-11-2015, 07:14 PM
We would skelp Hearts at present. Aberdeen destroyed them at Tynecastle and it was 0-3 at HT going on 10. A yam mate told me that evening that Aberdeen would embarrass us and show us the gulf between the leagues. 3 days later we comfortably beat them. Think that mate lost his facebook log in details as I never heard from him after that. They huffed and puffed to a 0-1 win over DUFC, only scoring due to a dodgy penalty(again). Two weeks later and it was night and day how we went about beating that same DUFC team.
McGinn is head and shoulders above anyone in their squad.
It's just like last season when they would slate us and we played them off the park in 3 of the 4 derbies. Difference this season is that we have found a bit more consistency. I would be lumping on if we were to play those clowns anytime soon. Shame we won't as they shat themselves against Celtic and played as if they were up against Bayern Munich.

leggeto
09-11-2015, 07:23 PM
We played the team top of the Premiership in this cup, took the game to them and won 2-0.

They played the team top of the Premiership in this cup, sat in and played defensively and were beaten 2-1.

We have had anything but an easy draw this season, I include the semi final in that, we have advanced this far because we deserve it. They haven't.

Not to be underestimated the saints,good team, but if we play like we did against the sheep and united we will be going to Hampden

Sir David Gray
09-11-2015, 09:45 PM
I have to admit, Hearts fans are actually quite amusing at times.

The draw is far from easy and certainly not a foregone conclusion as St Johnstone are a very good side but if we play like we did in the previous two rounds then I'm confident we can get to the final.

This match is nearly three months away though and a lot can happen in that time.

PS-How funny is it that Hearts keep getting Celtic in cup draws? :greengrin

Carheenlea
10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
I don`t care too much about what Hearts fans are getting excited about on their kickback thing, but as for teams getting torn apart, it`s a pity Hearts are not still in the competition, as I`d really fancy this Hibs team (on current form at least) to do exactly just that to them.