PDA

View Full Version : Question Hampden or Tynecastle?

Pages : [1] 2

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Semi Final preference.

You decide.

From a selfish point of view its Tynecastle for me as me and my brother will get tickets and I will have a bus pass by the time we play the game.

HH81
09-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Hampden for me. Easier to get there and if i want to bring a few from Yorkshire they can all get a ticket.

Pete
09-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Hampden. I can't vote though.

They spent years ignoring their main stand while the money was spent on trying to be a "big team".

Tynecastle should be bulldozed, not rewarded with matches like national semi finals.

HibeeDave
09-11-2015, 04:43 PM

They spent years ignoring their main stand while the money was spent on trying to be a "big team".

Tynecastle should be bulldozed, not rewarded with matches like national semi finals.

valid point :thumbsup:

hampden for me

Ozyhibby
09-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Pittodrie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mutley
09-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Hampden for me

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Voted Hampden, but only because I want everybody who fancies going to the game to get a ticket ... I certainly wont complain if its at the Asbestos Arena.

For those of you who want it to be at the Wongadome: If you all vote for Hampden and the SPFL see this poll coming out in favour of there, you can guarantee it'll be played at Tynecastle.

Super_JMcGinn
09-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Semi Final preference.

You decide.

From a selfish point of view its Tynecastle for me as me and my brother will get tickets and I will have a bus pass by the time we play the game.

Atmosphere at the last Tynecastle semi against St Johnstone was amazing, and for that reason I would prefer it played there.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Think off all the half season tickets we'll sell if it's Tynie :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Atmosphere at the last Tynecastle semi against St Johnstone was amazing, and for that reason I would prefer it played there.

:agree: I remember one of the locals hung his Hearts top or flag from his flat window on Gorgie Road thinking it would be safe. Little did he know that a Hibs fan would climb up and set it alight. WHOOSH.:greengrin

1987kev
09-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Many tickets did we sell for the Falkirk semi?

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Pittodrie

22,000 capacity .... Though its further to travel I wouldn't be against that ..... so long as its guaranteed to be a 3pm kick off.

Bronson
09-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Tynie for me. 5-10k fans might miss out on tickets, but a packed to the rafters tynie beats a half empty hampden for me.

Gmack7
09-11-2015, 04:58 PM
that's a valid point it would increase sales

lord bunberry
09-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Hampden for me as well

happiehibbie
09-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Tynie for me

SJNB Hibby
09-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Hampden for me
Small chance I could get over there, but it will be last minute, so better chance of a ticket
And I have a 100% record for Hibs at Hampden(OK only game I saw was beating QP 2-1 in round 2 the year after we won it)

happiehibbie
09-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Want a ticket for the game buy a season ticket. Glory hunters always moan about not getting a ticket

MyJo
09-11-2015, 05:13 PM
East End Park :greengrin

Keith_M
09-11-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't want to sit in their manky stands, with asbestos in the roof and broken toilets, or give them any money.

Keith_M
09-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Want a ticket for the game buy a season ticket. Glory hunters always moan about not getting a ticket

:faf:

Leithenhibby
09-11-2015, 05:20 PM

that's a valid point it would increase sales

:agree:

100 loyalty points if you sign up to HSL asap :wink:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Our club is going from strength to strength at the moment. Long may that continue :aok:

Hampden for me.......

SeanWilson
09-11-2015, 05:21 PM

I'm not sure we have any 'glory hunter' hibs fans.... 😏

Canon Hannan
09-11-2015, 05:25 PM
I can get tickets through contacts for Tynie but would rather pay and travel to Hampden. 20,000 Hibs supporters at the National Stadium is a great day out. We need to prepare for the final and play on the big park.

Stuarty27
09-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Got to be Tynie for the following:

1- Much less travel
2- We have a good record at Tynie in semi's
3- It will be basically a home game as we will fill 3 sides of the ground.
4- Better atmosphere than less than half full hampden.
5- Better going with 13,000 true supporting hibbys than some of the half wits we attract.

easty
09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Tynie for me. 5-10k fans might miss out on tickets, but a packed to the rafters tynie beats a half empty hampden for me.

Fans who want to be at the semi final shouldn't miss out. If Tynecastle isn't big enough then it should be at Hampden.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Hampden for me, can't vote on my phone

Malthibby
09-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Don't want to give Hearts a penny. Ainslie Park?

Scouse Hibee
09-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Tynie for me,well big enough for our core support.

MSK
09-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Hampden please, would rather not visit that ****hole at tynie

stantonsboots
09-11-2015, 05:40 PM
murrayfield :thumbsup:

Broken Gnome
09-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Almost certain that Tynecastle in 2007 barely sold out, if it even did. Would think 13,000 should suffice for those that really wanted one.

Thecat23
09-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Can't vote but Tynie for me.

Keith_M
09-11-2015, 05:44 PM
What about Murrayfield.

Make it pay at the gate and see how many we can get.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Almost certain that Tynecastle in 2007 barely sold out, if it even did. Would think 13,000 should suffice for those that really wanted one.

16,112. I think it was shown live on BBC1. I'm sure I recorded it and watched it when I came home.

Keith_M

Hibs sold out their allocation early and were then given extra tickets in the Main Stand as St J couldn't sell all theirs.

We had nearly 14,000 supporters and not an empy seat in the three stands we were in.

The officlal attendance was 16,112,

Viva_Palmeiras

1- Much less travel
5- Better going with 13,000 true supporting hibbys than some of the half wits we attract.

What's the secret of good comedy?

Keith_M
09-11-2015, 05:49 PM
What's the secret of...

timing

... good comedy?

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 05:50 PM

1- Much less travel

As far as I'm concerned anybody who is willing to get off their arse and travel 40 miles or more on a ( likely ) freezing January afternoon to back the team at Hampden can hardly be described as not being a 'true' Hibby. These are exactly the sort of folk we need to get back to ER on a regular basis and insulting them is hardly a good starting point if you ask me.

As for the 'half wits' bit ..... I have been to all but two of the matches Hibs have played at Hampden since the 1979 Scottish cup semi and never to the posh bits, I have seen the odd idiot, but IMO the problem, if you can even call it that, has been hugely exaggerated.

Thecat23
09-11-2015, 05:50 PM
16,112. I think it was shown live on BBC1. I'm sure I recorded it and watched it when I came home.

It was.. I watched it in Sportsters that night!

brog
09-11-2015, 05:51 PM

We sold out comfortably, think St J may have had a few tickets left. Crowd was over 16,000. Like others I hate the thought of giving them anything or attending their rancid stadium but it is a convenient option. Just a shame there's no other stadia in the area that fit the bill.

Keith_M
09-11-2015, 05:52 PM
We sold out comfortably, think St J may have had a few tickets left. Crowd was over 16,000. Like others I hate the thought of giving them anything or attending their rancid stadium but it is a convenient option. Just a shame there's no other stadia in the area that fit the bill.

There's another, much larger, stadium about 1/4 of a mile from the PBS.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 05:53 PM
It was.. I watched it in Sportsters that night!

:aok: Just remembered my brother borrowed the DVD that I made of the game. Might give him a phone call later. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Hampden for me, Don't want to give those ****bags any of our money, going there makes me feel physically sick...

:jamboak:

Ricky Bobby
09-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Tynie for me. Hibs support would have it rocking.

Broken Gnome
09-11-2015, 05:54 PM
You'd be wrong. Hibs sold out their allocation early and were then given extra tickets in the Main Stand as St J couldn't sell all theirs.

We had nearly 14,000 supporters and not an empy seat in the three stands we were in.

It would be the extra ones I'm thinking of. Not saying it wasn't all but full, but sure there were still tickets for sale in the days up to the game.

See, everyone's right. Lovely.

Thecat23
09-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Plus having Hibs songs blasting out if we did win would piss them right off 😁

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-11-2015, 05:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned anybody who is willing to get off their arse and travel 40 miles or more on a ( likely ) freezing January afternoon to back the team at Hampden can hardly be described as not being a 'true' Hibby. These are exactly the sort of folk we need to get back to ER on a regular basis and insulting them is hardly a good starting point if you ask me.

As for the 'half wits' bit ..... I have been to all but two of the matches Hibs have played at Hampden since the 1979 Scottish cup semi and never to the posh bits, I have seen the odd idiot, but IMO the problem, if you can even call it that, has been hugely exaggerated.

I get your sentiment, but i actually think creating some over-demand for Hibs tickets, as opposed to the over-supply we always have, would be a good way to increase supporters. The fear of missing something can be a powerful motivator to act early and purchase.

Plus, to be frank, i dont want those that turn up for big games to detract from a big occasion for those that do. A full house Tynie will be a far better atmosphere than having everyone traipse through to Hampden to accomodate a couple of thousand extra, to sit in a less than half empty stadium with rubbish atmosphere and where it doesnt look like a spectacle because of all the empty seats.

If people miss out on tickets, tough luck. It should be at Tynie.

Scouse Hibee
09-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I get your sentiment, but i actually think creating some over-demand for Hibs tickets, as opposed to the over-supply we always have, would be a good way to increase supporters. The fear of missing something can be a powerful motivator to act early and purchase.

Plus, to be frank, i dont want those that turn up for big games to detract from a big occasion for those that do. A full house Tynie will be a far better atmosphere than having everyone traipse through to Hampden to accomodate a couple of thousand extra, to sit in a less than half empty stadium with rubbish atmosphere and where it doesnt look like a spectacle because of all the empty seats.

Nailed it.

brog
09-11-2015, 06:02 PM
There's another, much larger, stadium about 1/4 of a mile from the PBS.

I know, but realistically that's just not going to happen.

Colr
09-11-2015, 06:05 PM
White Hart Lane.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 06:07 PM

:agree: if folk really want to see Hibs then they have plenty opportunities to do so between now and January.

erin go bragh
09-11-2015, 06:09 PM
As much as I hate the thought of them getting money from us , the PBS gets my vote as they will hate having us in their ends of the dump . Plus were undefeated in that dump in cup semi finals .

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Hibs sold out their allocation early and were then given extra tickets in the Main Stand as St J couldn't sell all theirs.

Does that not count as a "full house" ?:greengrin

Ryan91
09-11-2015, 06:20 PM
As much as I don't like the PBS, I would rather it be held there than at Hampden. It's a very tight ground and if we get 3 sides like we did in 07, the atmosphere would be something to behold and probably a bit intimidating for St J.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Hampden for me. If every fan that goes to the semi get a ticket for the final, should we make it through, that should generate a bigger crowd than 16,000?

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Does that not count as a "full house" ?:greengrin

That's true actually .... I had forgotten the magic properties of the PBS where 13,000 people can be transformed into 16,500. :witch:

RoYO!
09-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Id probably go as far to say that I wouldn't go if it was at tiny. Absolutely hate the place.

eastterrace
09-11-2015, 06:28 PM

couldnt have put any better myself, lets give it to the fans that actually go to the games , day trippers who cares about them no way im i wanting to travel through to hampden just so they can get a ticket.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Tynecastle for me.

I actually think a limited allocation of tickets would see us take more than if it was at Hampden. I've been at Hampden to see us beat Rangers with circa 8000 Hibbies there and lose to Ayr with less than that. There was only 21000 (total) at a SC semi final v Falkirk last season and barely more than that in 2013.

An allocation of 13000 or so at Tynecastle would cover ST holders and regular walk ups with about 4000 tickets to spare. We would be lucky to take more than that to Hampden imo.

Plus it means I won't have to worry about organising buses!

monarch
09-11-2015, 06:31 PM
As much as I don't like the PBS, I would rather it be held there than at Hampden. It's a very tight ground and if we get 3 sides like we did in 07, the atmosphere would be something to behold and probably a bit intimidating for St J.

Saints didn't look very intimidated when they hammered Sevco at Ibrox earlier in the season. Having said that I'd prefer the Wongadome purely for convenience purposes.

emerald green
09-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Neither because they are both s***holes, especially the PBS.

I would prefer Ibrox, but only if both semi-finals were played there.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2015, 06:38 PM

I wonder if there would be any merit in Ibrox but selling only the lower tiers first and only opening the upper if required?

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 06:41 PM

For a big part of the late 80s to the mid 90s the cost of going to ER was mostly out of the question for me and I was only able to make a few games a season and cup semis and finals .... I was still, if not more, of a rabid Hibs fan then as I am now, I would have been gutted if I had missed seeing Hibs in a semi final. There's got to be folk like that out there now, what about them?

emerald green
09-11-2015, 06:42 PM
I wonder if there would be any merit in Ibrox but selling only the lower tiers first and only opening the upper if required?

:agree: Far too sensible though.

erin go bragh
09-11-2015, 06:48 PM

Easier getting to Hampden from the East than Castle Greyskull .

Ronniekirk
09-11-2015, 06:51 PM

Not a bad shout as that's even closer for me than Hamden. But wherever it is I will be there ,Never missed a Semi no matter how poor we have been as a Team Remember deciding I wasn't going to the Rangers Semi we won on penalties and at the last minute jumping in the car and getting a ticket at one of the Portacabins.
Best last minute decision I ever made and for a small support that night we were fantastic
But like others have had my share of heartache The reply against Dunfermline must have been one of our smallest supports .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2015, 06:58 PM
i wonder if the organisers will see fit to help out the two clubs in scotland that cheated for success, dodged tax payments and went bust, by giving them each a semi-final game....Bigotbrox and the Asbestos-Wonga arena :hmmm:

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2015, 07:01 PM
i wonder if the organisers will see fit to help out the two clubs in scotland that cheated for success, dodged tax payments and went bust, by giving them each a semi-final game....Bigotbrox and the Asbestos-Wonga arena :hmmm:

Yeah that would give them both a financial lift.................

Ozyhibby
09-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Tynecastle would probably make more money for us as well. Hampden will cost more than Tynecastle to rent for the day for the same size crowd.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-11-2015, 07:08 PM
For a big part of the late 80s to the mid 90s the cost of going to ER was mostly out of the question for me and I was only able to make a few games a season and cup semis and finals .... I was still, if not more, of a rabid Hibs fan then as I am now, I would have been gutted if I had missed seeing Hibs in a semi final. There's got to be folk like that out there now, what about them?

Tough luck i'm afraid.

There will always be winners and losers in any scenario. Should 14,000 people be forced to travel to Glasgow, with all the cost implications that has, to view an inferior spectacle and atmosphere, to benefit those few folk who don't attend regularly but would be gutted to miss a semi?

The priority should be rewarding the core support, and giving them the most convenient, atmospheric spectacle possible. The people who miss out could instead use the cash and go to another Hibs game instead - plenty of free space at Easter Road most weeks...

GreenCastle
09-11-2015, 07:09 PM
PBS - small pitch and death trap main stand.

Though I still remember going there for the midweek semi final and making a hell of a noise and atmosphere.

Surely we want as many fans as possible at this game supporting Hibs ?

I would prefer lower tiers of Ibrox :agree:

Tinribs
09-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Tynie for the atmosphere i suppose, not too sure about the hospitality there though. Is there still pish raining down into the John Roberston suite from the bogs above? Avoid the buffet maybe :agree:

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Tynecastle would probably make more money for us as well. Hampden will cost more than Tynecastle to rent for the day for the same size crowd.

It would cost the same.

Clubs supplying the ground for neutral games get 20% of the gate money.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2015, 07:11 PM
I don't really care where it's played, i'm going to this one.

Squealing pig
09-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Stadium mk or Hampden for me

LancashireHibby
09-11-2015, 07:13 PM
It would cost the same.

So potentially financially better off at Hampden as long as it beats the 16,500 or so that would fit in to Tynie.

Hampden for me anyway. Mainly as it would mean no worries about getting a ticket

Tinribs
09-11-2015, 07:15 PM
It would cost the same.

Does that go for policing costs too? I would think that would cost a wee bit more through in Glasgow.

StevieBoyKdy
09-11-2015, 07:16 PM
As much as it would be easier for us fans to get to. A: Tynie is ****. B: tight pitch doesn't work for our passing game. C: if we get to final I want the squad to have had the experience of playing at Hampden in the round before just like Ross county had :)

hampden for me

leggeto
09-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Hampden for me but it will be the dump for sure

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Hamden Park. It's a *****hole but it's the home of Scottish Football and the National Stadium. Much more of a big game feel about trips to Hampden even if it's half full.

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2015, 07:19 PM
As much as it would be easier for us fans to get to. A: Tynie is ****. B: tight pitch doesn't work for our passing game. C: if we get to final I want the squad to have had the experience of playing at Hampden in the round before just like Ross county had :)

hampden for me

Ditto, Hampden for me............

Pretty Boy
09-11-2015, 07:21 PM

hampden for me

Have many in our squad not played at Hampden at least once before?

Off the top of my head Oxley, Gray, Hanlon, Fonatine, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGeough, Farid, Malonga, Cummings, McGreggor and McGinn have all played at Hampden on at least 1 occasion.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2015, 07:21 PM
The piggery for me. Better atmosphere, easier to get to, better view. Pity it's a hovel but who cares.

HibbyAndy
09-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Hampden.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Does that go for policing costs too? I would think that would cost a wee bit more through in Glasgow.

I think the host club pays the policing costs, although as I type that, I'm doubting myself.

I'll do the necessary. Watch this space.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2015, 07:32 PM
We should shut the west and the east if it's Hampden. I always wondered why they sold tickets for these areas, when the main areas weren't filled.
The south and the north between them can hold around 26,000, which will be more than enough, and will create a much better atmosphere with everyone close to the action

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Make of this what you will.

From here http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SFAPublications/SFAHandbook/12%20CupCompRules.pdf

When a match in any Round other than the Preliminary Round (if applicable), First,
Second, Third, Semi-Final and Final Rounds is played on a neutral ground:-

(1) A levy of 5% of the monies received from all admission charges to the
match shall be paid to the Association within three days of the date on
which the match is played.

(2) After payment of the levy foresaid, the club on whose ground the match is
played shall be paid a rental of 20% of the balance of the monies received
from all admission charges to the match.

(3) When the balance is sufficient, each competing club shall be entitled to
reimbursement of expenditure on travel, in terms of Rule 45.

(4) When the balance is insufficient, the sum available shall be divided between
them, in proportion to their expenditure on travel.

(5) Any surplus remaining after payment of travel expenses, shall be divided,
equally, between them.

The competing clubs shall be responsible, jointly, for payment of the match
expenses.

(e) The share of the receipts, or the guarantee, shall be paid, in cash, on the day of the
match, unless any agreement is made to the contrary.

(f) Competition levies taken by the Association in the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds
shall be retained in the Sponsorship Pool.

(g) The receipts from the Semi-Final matches in the Competition shall be pooled and
shall be deemed to include monies received from all admission charges to the
matches, radio and television fees, and any sums in respect of advertising within the
stadium specially for the occasion.

The Association shall retain 10% of the balance, after payment of the expenses of
the two matches and the clubs’ guarantees.

The remainder, after payment of the rental for the use of a ground or grounds, the
scale of which shall be determined by the Board, shall be divided, equally, among the
four clubs.

brog
09-11-2015, 07:46 PM

The main argument in favour of PBS is the convenience for the majority of our, & to a lesser extent Saints, fans. If we have to go to Glasgow it can only be to Hampden.

Darren1875
09-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Think hampden would suit hibs style of play better

Sir David Gray
09-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Tynecastle, I hate Hampden.

God Petrie
09-11-2015, 07:57 PM
I think it's a disgrace that a club with our facilities would be forced to play at a lesser venue in a showpiece game.

tamig
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM

I was thinking Tynecastle but you've persuaded me otherwise. I'm on my second boycott of that tip and this one has lasted about 10 years now. I don't miss it one bit and any money I don't have to give them makes me feel all the better for it.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Tynecastle for convenience, although it is a bit of a joke that they get given games like this when their stadium is such a mess. The biggest joke was two seasons ago when hearts v ICT was at ER but they put the sheep v saints game at the PBS. Both ties should have been at ER for the fact that it's a far superior stadium and we've actually spent money modernising it. Was no need for the Asbestos death trap to get awarded a tie that season.
Anyway, PBS for me with a wee Roseburn sesh beforehand

hibee-boys
09-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Hamden with a 3pm kick off please! With us playing St Johnstone it might encourage more families to come along, Hampden will ensure nobody misses out. And before someone rolls out the old 'it's ok because season ticket holders will get a ticket' nonsense just remember we are trying to encourage people back to Easter Road and if an enjoyable day out watching the hibs win a semi final reignites some lapsed fans passion for the club then it can only be a good thing.

Scouse Hibee
09-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Hamden with a 3pm kick off please! With us playing St Johnstone it might encourage more families to come along, Hampden will ensure nobody misses out. And before someone rolls out the old 'it's ok because season ticket holders will get a ticket' nonsense just remember we are trying to encourage people back to Easter Road and if an enjoyable day out watching the hibs win a semi final reignites some lapsed fans passion for the club then it can only be a good thing.

Day trippers are just that and admit as much.

happiehibbie
09-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Id probably go as far to say that I wouldn't go if it was at tiny. Absolutely hate the place.

Well one spare ticket [emoji106][emoji8][emoji1]

hfc rd
09-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Both grounds are garbage.

Forza Fred
09-11-2015, 09:51 PM
I won't be going for obvious reasons, but Tynecastle seemed the obvious choice, as it minimises disruption for Hibs supporters and gives a semblance of thought that a game in Edinburgh favours Hibs, to St Johnstone fans and board at least.

If they are worrying about playing in Edinburgh it's taking their minds off total focus on the game.

Most, but not all, of the arguments against Tynie seem to fall in the biting out nose off to spite our faces category.

Scouse Hibee
09-11-2015, 09:52 PM
If we can't agree on a ground let's just toss a coin for the tie.

seanshow
09-11-2015, 09:55 PM
The PBS for me, but we are all assuming the saints should come to Edinburgh or otherwise hold it at Hampden
......If you want to create a demand for tickets hold it the land of the Arabs, Tannadice with a 10k/4k split. :stirrer:

hfc rd
09-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Rugby Park? 13K/5K split?

Bigger ground than the PBS.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 10:02 PM

That's the worst suggestion yet. Assuming travelling from/to Edinburgh that's a 120 mile return journey and the travelling expense for the sake of an extra thousand supporters.

May as well do Hampden if not Tynecastle.

Radium
09-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Are we allowed to use Meadowbank?

Sir David Gray
09-11-2015, 10:15 PM

I can't imagine that even the SFA would have a team from Edinburgh and a team from Perth travelling all the way to Kilmarnock for a semi final.

Surely not!

erin go bragh
09-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Are we allowed to use Meadowbank?

Has a capacity of 16500 ( just checked ) didn't think it held that much .

seanshow
09-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Had a gander at the Saints forum and the majority who have posted about the league cup semi seem to prefer Tynecastle with a 5k ticket allocation and then hand back the ones they don't sell...some say 4k would be plenty.

Apparently they are confident on a victory based on -

'our squad will be decimated by injuries come january with confidence at rock bottom as Sevco streak away in the championship.'

'saints to win 2 nil with Craig & Spoony scoring.'

even more outlandish thinking :greengrin

' the draw is fixed to keep Celtic and Hibs apart'

B.H.F.C
09-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Would prefer Tynecastle. As long as it stays at 3 on the Saturday, that's the main thing for me though.

Notice Rangers are at home on the Saturday. Doubt the Polis will allow two games to be on in Glasgow on the same day so we might find ourselves at Tynecastle that day I'd guess.

DH1875
09-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Hampden for me. People need to remember the last semi against StJ was played during the week and was on telly. A Saturday at 3 o'clock and reckon we'll take 18k+ easy.

SteveHFC
09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Would prefer Tynecastle. As long as it stays at 3 on the Saturday, that's the main thing for me though.

Notice Rangers are at home on the Saturday. Doubt the Polis will allow two games to be on in Glasgow on the same day so we might find ourselves at Tynecastle that day I'd guess.

Means I can have my birthday night out on the same day of its at Tynecastle. :greengrin

tamig
09-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Has a capacity of 16500 ( just checked ) didn't think it held that much .

The main stand only holds about 8000 and I think you'd be toiling to get another 8000 into that little terracing that surrounds most of the rest of it.

Ozyhibby
09-11-2015, 11:17 PM
How many did we take to the semi last year at Hampden?

StevieBoyKdy
09-11-2015, 11:23 PM
How many did we take to the semi last year at Hampden?

GordonHFC
10-11-2015, 04:23 AM
Have refused to enter Gorgie Farm for 25 years for obvious reasons so Hampden fir me.

Diclonius
10-11-2015, 05:20 AM
Tynecastle. Easier to get there, better atmosphere and Hampden will be ****ing dead.

Ronniekirk
10-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Had a gander at the Saints forum and the majority who have posted about the league cup semi seem to prefer Tynecastle with a 5k ticket allocation and then hand back the ones they don't sell...some say 4k would be plenty.

Apparently they are confident on a victory based on -

'our squad will be decimated by injuries come january with confidence at rock bottom as Sevco streak away in the championship.'

'saints to win 2 nil with Craig & Spoony scoring.'

even more outlandish thinking :greengrin

' the draw is fixed to keep Celtic and Hibs apart'

Given how easily they beat Rangers they will be favourites .its only a couple of years since they won it ,surely they can muster more then 5 ,000 fans for Cup Semi that they are confident of winning
This will another good test for us and if we can beat a third team from the higher Leaugue it would Aldo give us confidence if we do end up in the play off ,not to mention give us mutch needed revenue to partly help off set losses we are probably running again this year A cup Final and a good run in the Scottish Cup are bonuses
Am hoping it also helps shift a few thousand Half Season Tickets .

The midweek attendance v Livi will be interesting Still on unbeaten run and scoring goals and loyalty points .

Since1875Hibs
10-11-2015, 07:34 AM
Anywhere but Hampden.

lyonhibs
10-11-2015, 07:36 AM

1- Much less travel

Have you ever been in the away end at Tynecastle, where there's just 3,500 tickets available and thus - using your warped logic - everyone in there is a extra extra extra true supporting Hibby??

Half wits would be generous to describe some of the states I've seen in the Roseburn at 12.15 on a Sunday.

Steve20
10-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Hampden. Don't like the place, but much better than that midden in Gorgie.

People care too much about non regulars turning up for semi finals and finals. So what? Some people seem to think because they go to every game that another person shouldn't be allowed to a certain one?

Get it at Hampden and if only 20k turn up, so be it.

Jim44
10-11-2015, 09:08 AM
IMHO, whether it's Leith Links or the Maracana Stadium, the best venue is the one which best suits the interests of the team.

Bill Milne
10-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Bigger Hibs support assured at the PBS.

Torto7062
10-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Hampden just because I wouldn't give THEM a bolt.....

And I hate Hampden as a stadium.....

Nobody's mentioned Tannadice 😉

jgl07
10-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Hampden just because I wouldn't give THEM a bolt.....

And I hate Hampden as a stadium.....

Nobody's mentioned Tannadice 
And rightly so.

A crap stadium with limited capacity and harder to get to than Glasgow.

erin go bragh
10-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Tynecastle. Easier to get there, better atmosphere and Hampden will be ****ing dead.

Well it was dead at half time when Fallirk were beating us 3-0 but if sure as hell came alive when we won 4-3 . If it's a Sarurday and throw in the way we are playing just now , I can see us taking 20k to Hampden .

Ross4356
10-11-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm not so sure all this talk of us easily selling out Tynie is justified, the last time we played the Saint's there, the attendance was 16,112. Also the so called big team never filled ER when they played ICT in Jan 2013 & Feb 2014, the attendance according to the BBC were only 16,336 & 12,762 respectively.

I think when it get's announced a Tyncastle everyone will easily get a ticket

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2015, 10:37 AM
BTW the so called big team never filled ER when they played ICT in Jan 2013 & Feb 2014, the attendance according to the BBC were only 16,336 & 12,762 respectively

Top tier of the West closed the first time and top tier of the south(possibly west as well) closed the second time. Yet obviously they banged on about how they sold out the East. Fannies.

We filled our ends last time we played St J, it was them that returned a few tickets if I remember correctly.

Ross4356
10-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Top tier of the West closed the first time and top tier of the south(possibly west as well) closed the second time. Yet obviously they banged on about how they sold out the East. Fannies.

We filled our ends last time we played St J, it was them that returned a few tickets if I remember correctly.

Why was the top tier of the West shut Dave? Are you no at School today?

SkintHibby
10-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Swinie for for me. Give the saintees the death trap stand.

CorrieHibs
10-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Tynie for me will be a better atmosphere than hampden.

PatHead
10-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Don't want to have it at Tynecastle for a number of reasons

1 Don't want to give them money
2 Don't want supporters who want to go to the game to miss out on a semi due to the size of the ground
3 St Johnstone might want more than one end and reduce our allocation further
4 I might catch something
5 Do not want any of our supporters to be put at risk sitting in the asbestos ridden stand which may collapse at any time.

Wish it could be Murrayfield but would settle for Hampden

JimBHibees
10-11-2015, 02:02 PM

Yep pretty sure Saints didnt completely sell out the roseburn stand.

JimBHibees
10-11-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm not so sure all this talk of us easily selling out Tynie is justified, the last time we played the Saint's there, the attendance was 16,112. Also the so called big team never filled ER when they played ICT in Jan 2013 & Feb 2014, the attendance according to the BBC were only 16,336 & 12,762 respectively.

I think when it get's announced a Tyncastle everyone will easily get a ticket

Pretty sure Hibs sold all the tickets they had. The game was on a Wednesday night and also live on TV. Saints returned some tickets as they didnt sell out the roseburn stand.

southsider
10-11-2015, 02:11 PM
How about ipox ? 90 minutes of FOOTBALL songs. That would be nice.

Canon Hannan
10-11-2015, 03:13 PM
How about ipox ? 90 minutes of FOOTBALL songs. That would be nice.

Hampden and close both ends. That would leave 26,000 quality viewing seats. Sell the South Stand top tier last.

Keith_M
10-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Bigger Hibs support assured at the PBS.

Not sure how you work that out, as we nornally take over 16-18k to SFs at Hampden but will be given a maximum allocation of 14k for the PBS.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Surely we want players to be accustomed to playing at Hampden prior to finals????

lucky
10-11-2015, 06:13 PM
I said on another thread, Saturday at 3pm then Hampden if it's Sunday lunchtime then the PBS

whiskyhibby
10-11-2015, 06:20 PM
Tynecastle for me, but Hampden is fine

SunshineOnLeith
10-11-2015, 06:38 PM
I said on another thread, Saturday at 3pm then Hampden if it's Sunday lunchtime then the PBS

This seems sensible. Would prefer Tynecastle either way but ok with Hampden for a decent kickoff time.

jgl07
10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Not sure how you work that out, as we nornally take over 16-18k to SFs at Hampden but will be given a maximum allocation of 14k for the PBS.
That is for the Scottish Cup.

Hibs certainly didn't take 16-18k to the Ayr League Cup semi-final in the Franck Sauzée era.

monktonharp
10-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Different days, now that the semi is at a w/end. the crowds should be bigger. It makes it a good day out,especially to win. If we end up on the Sunday with an early k.o that will see a very big hit on crowd numbers and if that is to happen I would be very happy to go to gorgie.

Speedy
10-11-2015, 06:59 PM
How many corporate tickets are there? (Assuming it's at tynie)

And how many does one of the ends hold?

ancient hibee
10-11-2015, 07:00 PM
The Celtic game will be first choice for TV so that will decide when it's played-we'll make up the numbers.

DH1875
10-11-2015, 07:26 PM
The Celtic game will be first choice for TV so that will decide when it's played-we'll make up the numbers.

Celtic game will be the Sunday TV game. Our game will be the Saturday game so hopefully a bumper crowd.

erin go bragh
10-11-2015, 07:35 PM
That is for the Scottish Cup.

Hibs certainly didn't take 16-18k to the Ayr League Cup semi-final in the Franck Sauzée era.

Maybe because it was a Tues night and one of the coldest nights I've been at the football . Baltic was an understatement .

GGTTH

Carheenlea
10-11-2015, 07:37 PM

You could probably squeeze 40 into The John Robertson Lounge (45 if they wheeled out the calor gas heaters)

Stuarty27
10-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Maybe because it was a Tues night and one of the coldest nights I've been at the football . Baltic was an understatement .

GGTTH

That was a bad day.. think Jarko Wiss shot is still travelling

Brooster
10-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Has to be the Saville Arena for me with each ST holder getting 2 each. No need to cater for the day tripper.

iwasthere1972
10-11-2015, 08:48 PM
You could probably squeeze 40 into The John Robertson Lounge (45 if they wheeled out the calor gas heaters)

:hilarious

Billy Whizz
10-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Has to be the Saville Arena for me with each ST holder getting 2 each. No need to cater for the day tripper.

ST holders won't get 2 each, good try though

Sir David Gray
10-11-2015, 10:36 PM

Corporate? At Tynecastle?

:hilarious That's funny!

southern hibby
11-11-2015, 08:45 AM
I've got a more novel way have the game over 2 legs home and away and that way no Jambo gets any of my money

Hamden for me lets get these players at Hampden loving it so they want to play there in a final

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
11-11-2015, 08:46 AM
I've got a more novel way have the game over 2 legs home and away and that way no Jambo gets any of my money

Hamden for me lets get these players at Hampden loving it so they want to play there in a final

GGTTH
Do they still play the English League cup semi finals, home and away?

LancashireHibby
11-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Do they still play the English League cup semi finals, home and away?
Yeah that still happens. Amazing that it's still the case considering it's not long since clubs were trying to scrap FA Cup replays because of fixture congestion.

Speedy
11-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Corporate? At Tynecastle?

:hilarious That's funny!

I know, very badly worded :greengrin

What I meant is how many are going to be taken up by the FA or anyone else that will reduce the allocation for the clubs.

e.g. 4000 Saints, 11000 Hibs, 2500 other?

GlasgowHibee
11-11-2015, 10:55 PM
It's going to be Tynecastle, not on TV.

Bristolhibby
12-11-2015, 08:33 AM

Sauce?

That's perfect for me BTW.

J

Geo_1875
12-11-2015, 09:52 AM

Saturday 3:00 pm?

GlasgowHibee
12-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Saturday 3:00 pm?

From what I've been told, yes.

RMQ1967
12-11-2015, 10:49 AM
Surely we want players to be accustomed to playing at Hampden prior to finals????

Agreed - we should play as many games as possible on the Hampden pitch. It's also much larger than the tynie surface which may suit us better (115m x 75m vs 100m x 64m).

Canon Hannan
12-11-2015, 06:19 PM
12,000 Supporters at *********** or 20,000 at Hampden? Hospitality and SFA will take up some Tynie tickets.

danhibees1875
12-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Are we not being presumptuous to assume we'll end up with a similar split to last time?

I've no idea what a typical st Johnstone attendance is but they'll have every right to half the allocation and it would be unfair to assume they'd just take 3k.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2015, 06:44 PM
Tynie would be perfect, short bus trip along for me.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 06:49 PM
Tynie would be perfect, short bus trip along for me.

Might even get the tram myself, haven't been on one yet

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Might even get the tram myself, haven't been on one yet

Hmmm a walk to the Gyle and jump on the tram never thought of that.

Wellbankhibby
12-11-2015, 07:10 PM
What about Dens Park, fair to us and Saints. Good for me too. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
12-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Hmmm a walk to the Gyle and jump on the tram never thought of that.

Off at murrayfield, and a wee walk to the ground/local refreshments

SteveHFC
12-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Anyone up for a party bus on the 3 if it's at Tynecastle.

Carheenlea
12-11-2015, 07:32 PM
What about Dens Park, fair to us and Saints. Good for me too. :thumbsup:

Capacity of only 11,000.

jgl07
12-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Yeah that still happens. Amazing that it's still the case considering it's not long since clubs were trying to scrap FA Cup replays because of fixture congestion.
Originally all rounds of the LC were over two rounds right through to the final.

Albanian Hibs
13-11-2015, 07:14 AM
Heard last night that its def Tynie on the Sat at 3pm. Hibs will get 12000 allocation.

lucky
13-11-2015, 08:15 AM
If it's the PBS 12000 tickets for us covers more than any home support we've had this season. 3676 is more than St.Johnstone normally get. Half ST could be a popular way of securing a ticket for a non TV game. A semi final on a Saturday at 3pm.

JimBHibees
13-11-2015, 08:20 AM
If it's the PBS 12000 tickets for us covers more than any home support we've had this season. 3676 is more than St.Johnstone normally get. Half ST could be a popular way of securing a ticket for a non TV game. A semi final on a Saturday at 3pm.

If this is right the demand will be huge for a semi final in Edinburgh on a Saturday at 3pm not on telly.

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2015, 08:39 AM
The Yams have had decades to replace that death trap of a main stand .... you know, instead of spending money on players they couldn't afford.

Now because of their failure to do so it looks like 4 or 5 thousand Hibs fans will miss the chance to support the team in a semi final, or even see the game at all considering it wont be on the telly .... bad enough rewarding the buggers for their failure to do the right thing without Hibs paying the price ..... again !!!

I was 50/50 about either venue, I'll get a ticket wherever the game takes place .... but the more I think about it the less I think it should be at the Asbestos arena.

GreenCastle
13-11-2015, 08:44 AM
The most important thing that matters is how we perform on the night and can we get to a final.

Will be interesting to see how the tickets are allocated via the Loyalty Points. It will obviously be 1 per person.

I am all for Hibs pushing half season tickets allowing fans to attend 2nd half of the season and getting loyalty points which may help them get a semi ticket.

Diclonius
13-11-2015, 08:48 AM
I wonder when we'll ever find out where it is?

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2015, 09:20 AM
If this is right the demand will be huge for a semi final in Edinburgh on a Saturday at 3pm not on telly.

Although our home gates thus far this season would suggest otherwise.....

JimBHibees
13-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Although our home gates thus far this season would suggest otherwise.....

Indeed but you just know every man and their dog will want to be at this.

scoopyboy
13-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Indeed but you just know every man and their dog will want to be at this.

I agree with you 100% Jim.

Question is why don't man and dog want to go to games at Easter Road?

JimBHibees
13-11-2015, 09:31 AM
I agree with you 100% Jim.

Question is why don't man and dog want to go to games at Easter Road?

Agree entirely, maybe between 3 and 5 is the time the dog wants to go for a walk. :greengrin

Mikey09
13-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Voted for Tynie. I may not get a ticket but taking everything into account, travel, atmosphere, pitch size would suit our diamond, blah blah blah... It would give Hibs the best chance of progressing to the final.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Anyone up for a party bus on the 3 if it's at Tynecastle.

The 26 is the party bus.

Obviously! https://media.giphy.com/media/Fg8dpGib2yCtO/giphy.gif

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2015, 09:53 AM
I wonder when we'll ever find out where it is?

Its bloody annoying.

You have to wait until Monday afternoon to hear the semi final draw, when everybody is at work and nobody can watch it.

They have known since the 28th of October that Celtic would be in the semi finals, so its Hampden or Ibrox for whoever they got and since the 4th of November what the full line up was. The other possibilities were.

Hibs v St Johnstone .... Hampden or Tynecastle
Hibs v Ross County ..... Hampden, Tynecastle or Pittodrie
St Johnstone v Ross County ... Tannadice or Dens park

9 days down the line and they still appear to have no idea where the Hibs v St Johnstone game will be played. Fitba fans have many qualities, but patience isn't one of them.

The 9th of November:

"Hello is that the BBC?"
"Yes"
"What semi do you want?"
"Celtic v Ross County please"
"Cool"

"Hello, is that Hibs?"
"Yes"
"Hampden or Tynecastle?"
"Hampden Please"
"Oh good, that's what St Johnstone said too"

How ****en difficult can it be :bitchy:

13-11-2015, 11:05 AM
As much is tynecastle is an absolute dump of a "stadium", i'd rather go there for this one. Pack all three sides like back in 2007 and it will practically be like a home game. Much better atmostphere than a half empty hampden.

Wellbankhibby
13-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Capacity of only 11,000.

Apologies I thought Dens capacity was much more than that.

Diclonius
13-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Its bloody annoying.

You have to wait until Monday afternoon to hear the semi final draw, when everybody is at work and nobody can watch it.

They have known since the 28th of October that Celtic would be in the semi finals, so its Hampden or Ibrox for whoever they got and since the 4th of November what the full line up was. The other possibilities were.

Hibs v St Johnstone .... Hampden or Tynecastle
Hibs v Ross County ..... Hampden, Tynecastle or Pittodrie
St Johnstone v Ross County ... Tannadice or Dens park

9 days down the line and they still appear to have no idea where the Hibs v St Johnstone game will be played. Fitba fans have many qualities, but patience isn't one of them.

The 9th of November:

"Hello is that the BBC?"
"Yes"
"What semi do you want?"
"Celtic v Ross County please"
"Cool"

"Hello, is that Hibs?"
"Yes"
"Hampden or Tynecastle?"
"Hampden Please"
"Oh good, that's what St Johnstone said too"

How ****en difficult can it be :bitchy:

I did a little research to find out when dates/venues were announced for the past few years' semi finals following the draw.

It takes about two weeks. Why?

scoopyboy
13-11-2015, 11:40 AM
Agree entirely, maybe between 3 and 5 is the time the dog wants to go for a walk. :greengrin

That would possibly add up, don't let the dog poo at Easter Road but no objections to doing it at Tynecastle. :greengrin:greengrin

SteveHFC
13-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Heard last night that its def Tynie on the Sat at 3pm. Hibs will get 12000 allocation.

That'll do me. Birthday night out that day too. :hyper

Gatecrasher
13-11-2015, 12:04 PM
We find out at 14:00 today

Take a look at @spfl's Tweet: https://twitter.com/spfl/status/665151711292559360?s=09

DH1875
13-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Hope its Hampden.

H18S NX
13-11-2015, 12:42 PM
I voted *********** simply because at my age the walk from the buses to hampden is too much for me now.

Hibby70
13-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Would imagine they're not both at Hampden considering the build up to an announcement.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2015, 12:43 PM
We find out at 14:00 today

Take a look at @spfl's Tweet: https://twitter.com/spfl/status/665151711292559360?s=09
Good spot

Spike Mandela
13-11-2015, 12:46 PM
What suits our style of play best, or indeed St Johnstone's? The tight park at Tynie or the wide open spaces of Hampden?

IWasThere2016
13-11-2015, 12:55 PM
The Piggery for this Glory Hunter :wink:

Loathe Dumpden.

Bristolhibby
13-11-2015, 12:57 PM
Tynie it is.

@spfl: League Cup semi-finals | @HibsOfficial v @St_Johnstone_FC | Sat 30 Jan, 3pm KO at Tynecastle #UtilitaFootball https://t.co/HUMzRBlICL

Gatecrasher
13-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Pish.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Happy with that. Easy for getting a drink before/after. No hassle with buses etc.

southsider
13-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Pish.

Don't they know the main stand is a death trap.

Salt N Sauzee
13-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Tynie it is.

@spfl: League Cup semi-finals | @HibsOfficial v @St_Johnstone_FC | Sat 30 Jan, 3pm KO at Tynecastle #UtilitaFootball https://t.co/HUMzRBlICL

Pleasing. Can't wait for that!

LancashireHibby
13-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Should be a good day out, assuming tickets are easy to come by.

Hibee87
13-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Who decides this? and why are the FANS not consulted.

at the beginning of the week I was told from a source within Hibs the game WOULD be played at hampden. To that end I assume Hibs have told the SFA we want it at hampden. Why then would they not allow it if the club has asked for it specifically, and if this is indeed the case I fully expect Hibs to release a statement saying as much 'we asked for hampden, we never got it' because to me that is nothing short of a joke. Ok people on here might have proffered Tynie, but if Hibs specifically askd for a venue why was it turned down?

13-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Pleased with that. Should be a brilliant atmostphere. We'll pack all three sides like in 2007.

lucky
13-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Going by the poll on here the PBS was the most popular venue so we can't complain it's there

Aldo
13-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Sorry but this is wrong.

Semi finals should both be played at a decent venue not this ***** hole.

Less than 17,000 at this game.

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2015, 01:11 PM

at the beginning of the week I was told from a source within Hibs the game WOULD be played at hampden. To that end I assume Hibs have told the SFA we want it at hampden. Why then would they not allow it if the club has asked for it specifically, and if this is indeed the case I fully expect Hibs to release a statement saying as much 'we asked for hampden, we never got it' because to me that is nothing short of a joke. Ok people on here might have proffered Tynie, but if Hibs specifically askd for a venue why was it turned down?

Maybe St Johnstone said they'd prefer Tynie. Maybe after looking at fan comments, Hibs decided they'd be fine with Tynecastle.

Thecat23
13-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Happy with that! 😃

Allant1981
13-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Tynie is a dump but i agree it shouldnt be at hampden, that should be for finals only imo, would maybe have picked ibrox or parkhead instead

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Sorry but this is wrong.

Semi finals should both be played at a decent venue not this ***** hole.

Less than 17,000 at this game.

Thing is, Hampden isn't a decent venue either.

Tynecastle holds 17,529 so maybe their will be just under 17,000, but it will still be a better atmosphere than a 1/3 full Hampden.

Gatecrasher
13-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Thing is, Hampden isn't a decent venue either.

Tynecastle holds 17,529 so maybe their will be just under 17,000, but it will still be a better atmosphere than a 1/3 full Hampden.
I have 2 main problems with it being held at tynie one is that it's a dump, 2 tickets will be hard to come by for some fans.

Hampden is a much nicer stadium where family tickets prices would have been ideal and everyone wanting to attend could this won't happen now.

Aldo
13-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Thing is, Hampden isn't a decent venue either. Tynecastle holds 17,529 so maybe their will be just under 17,000, but it will still be a better atmosphere than a 1/3 full Hampden.

Agree C but I hate the PBS more. Giving them money as well.

Allant1981
13-11-2015, 01:18 PM
I have 2 main problems with it being held at tynie one is that it's a dump, 2 tickets will be hard to come by for some fans.

Hampden is a much nicer stadium where family tickets prices would have been ideal and everyone wanting to attend could this won't happen now.

In all honesty do you think there would be over 20k hibs fans at hampden? If we get to the final yes but cant see it at the semi, i agree though tynie is a hole

Onceinawhile
13-11-2015, 01:20 PM
In all honesty do you think there would be over 20k hibs fans at hampden? If we get to the final yes but cant see it at the semi, i agree though tynie is a hole

There wasn't for the Scottish cup semi last year, so there wouldn't have been for this game either. I do expect demand to outstrip supply though.

Stevie Reid
13-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Absolutely delighted with this. Atmosphere will be superb, and will get a few beers beforehand as well.

IWasThere2016
The Piggery for this Glory Hunter :wink:

Loathe Dumpden.

A perfectly timed wink - 5 mins before the announcement :wink:

:gwa:

scoopyboy

Sack your source.

If the poll on this thread was consulted then it would have been Tynecastle anyway.

BH Hibs
13-11-2015, 01:24 PM

I'm sure someone said Huns are at home that day don't know if that was a factor

Hibby70
13-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Could help shift a few hundred more half season tickets I reckon.

Ozyhibby
13-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Be a good time to sign up for HSL and get those 100 extra loyalty points. Should be enough to secure a semi final ticket.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2015, 01:28 PM
There was 28,278 at Hampden against Aberdeen in 2012, and you'd imagine it was a fairly even split.
In 2013 there was 22,410 against Falkirk, and last season there was 21,227 against falkirk - youd imagine again that around 15,000 were Hibs fans. These were for Scottish cup semi's where we tend to get a better crowd than League cup games.

In 2007 there was 16,112 against St Johnstone at Tynecastle, so not a sell out. Ok, it was midweek, but still, if you want a ticket for this game, I really can't see any reason why you won't get it. We'll get at least 12,000 tickets you'd have thought, so all regular attendees this season plus an extra 3000

Hibbyradge
13-11-2015, 01:29 PM
A perfectly timed wink - 5 mins before the announcement :wink:

:gwa:

LOL.

You'd try claim to be itk if you said it might rain next week. :faf:

Gatecrasher
13-11-2015, 01:32 PM

Hibs are only going to get 12-13 thousand tickets considering we had about 15 thousand at hampden last year shows that we could bring well more than what's offered. There was over 20k in attendance v falkirk in total just 6 months ago. Their ground is a just to wee for games like this.

scoopyboy
13-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Be a good time to sign up for HSL and get those 100 extra loyalty points. Should be enough to secure a semi final ticket.

luvvin it

Pretty Boy
13-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Happy with that.

iwasthere1972
13-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Great news. Only takes me twenty minutes to get to and plenty choice of watering holes to choose from for a few pre match swallies.

Travelling expenses etc to get to Hampden or a few more pints of Stella. I know which one ticks the boxes for me.

Bring it on.

iwasthere1972
13-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Hibs are only going to get 12-13 thousand tickets considering we had about 15 thousand at hampden last year shows that we could bring well more than what's offered. There was over 20k in attendance v falkirk in total just 6 months ago. Their ground is a just to wee for games like this.

Just means that a couple of thousand glory hunters will have to do whatever they normally do on a Saturday afternoon. :tin hat:

lucky
13-11-2015, 01:43 PM
If you want a ticket buy a half ST. Yes some will struggle but regular fans will get them. Those who attend occasionally will will know that's the case.

Alex Trager
13-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Delighted with that.

Excellent location for us.
Excellent day and time also

GreenCastle
13-11-2015, 01:49 PM
There was 28,278 at Hampden against Aberdeen in 2012, and you'd imagine it was a fairly even split.
In 2013 there was 22,410 against Falkirk, and last season there was 21,227 against falkirk - youd imagine again that around 15,000 were Hibs fans. These were for Scottish cup semi's where we tend to get a better crowd than League cup games.

In 2007 there was 16,112 against St Johnstone at Tynecastle, so not a sell out. Ok, it was midweek, but still, if you want a ticket for this game, I really can't see any reason why you won't get it. We'll get at least 12,000 tickets you'd have thought, so all regular attendees this season plus an extra 3000

In 2007 we got 12,400 then an additional 300. The 3 Hibs ends were sold out - the Saints end wasn't. I remember being in the Wheatfield and seeing gaps in the Roseburn. - http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/roll/ed11/hibs_v_st_johnstone_cis_cup_semi_final__only_1500_ tickets_left_321080/index.shtml

It's a crap stadium with a horrible main stand - wooden / lack of basic facilities / no leg room / confusing seating arrangement and lack of aisles with a really small pitch.

The positives are that it will be the hardcore support at game, it's 3pm on a Saturday, we will make a lot of noise and Oxley may score from a goal kick as the pitch is small.

I never liked the thought of the yams being in my ST seat at ER so their fans won't be too happy with this so if it winds them up then so be it :greengrin

GreenCastle
13-11-2015, 01:52 PM

:top marks

Cue a 15 page thread about loyalty points for this game.

Makes it important for some fans to go to next few home games and increase loyalty points.

Plus Hibs should work out how many tickets will go to ST holders then work out how many half season tickets are guaranteed a semi ticket. For example first 200 half season tickets will get a semi ticket.

IWasThere2016
13-11-2015, 01:52 PM
LOL.

You'd try claim to be itk if you said it might rain next week. :faf:

You were slower than I expected :wink:

Bristolhibby
13-11-2015, 01:54 PM
Just means that a couple of thousand glory hunters will have to do whatever they normally do on a Saturday afternoon. :tin hat:

**** me. Never heard any Hibs fan ever be called a "glory hunter".

I'm coming up for this game. So what one should I come up for? A National Semi Final or Hibs v Alloa?

J

Bristolhibby
13-11-2015, 01:55 PM

:top marks

Cue a 15 page thread about loyalty points for this game.

Makes it important for some fans to go to next few home games and increase loyalty points.

Plus Hibs should work out how many tickets will go to ST holders then work out how many half season tickets are guaranteed a semi ticket. For example first 200 half season tickets will get a semi ticket.

Surely all ST holders, half and full will get a ticket, then points for the rest, until we hit a public sale.

J

B.H.F.C
13-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Personally I'm happy that that its at Tynecastle. Less hassle and better day out. Better atmosphere.

On the flip side it does seem a bit daft that people who want to go will probably miss out.

hibs0666
13-11-2015, 01:58 PM
I hate the smallness of the pitch and you would not get me in that death trap stand for love nor money.

iwasthere1972
13-11-2015, 01:58 PM
**** me. Never heard any Hibs fan ever be called a "glory hunter".

I'm coming up for this game. So what one should I come up for? A National Semi Final or Hibs v Alloa?

J

Calm down. Get yourself to both games. :aok:

Bristolhibby
13-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Calm down. Get yourself to both games. :aok:

Can't, I live in Wiltshire. It was the Glory Hunter phrase that I got fished in with.

I'm sure I'll be fine.

J

iwasthere1972
13-11-2015, 02:02 PM

I doubt it if Hibs had asked specifically for Hampden as there wouldn't be any financial gain to be made. The tie being at Tynecastle may see a scramble for half season tickets and that would obviously be good for the club.

GreenCastle
13-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Surely all ST holders, half and full will get a ticket, then points for the rest, until we hit a public sale.

J

You would assume so...also depends on pricing.

Though loyalty points will matter..especially if you want to avoid the death trap main stand.

If you had a season ticket last season, this season, have HSL shares and bought tickets to other games you will be in the first group to get seats for game.

Then it will be go down from there..

Can't see too many going public sale - also those with low points or no points and want to go would be wise to start getting their points tally up and that starts with HSL shares or getting a ticket for Tuesday's home match online or at ticket office (as pods don't take into account loyalty points).

FastEddieFelson
13-11-2015, 02:05 PM
really happy with this. tynecastle is a good stadium apart from the main stand. i imagine it will sell out, and it'll make for a brilliant atmosphere.

hibs0666
13-11-2015, 02:10 PM
really happy with this. tynecastle is a good stadium apart from the main stand. i imagine it will sell out, and it'll make for a brilliant atmosphere.

Disagree, it is a ramshackle, decrepit sh1itehole.

The_Exile
13-11-2015, 02:13 PM
As much as I hate to say it, I've always enjoyed games at Tynecastle, any stadium where you're close to the pitch like that and it's a cracking atmosphere with a full house and a big game. That main stand is something else though, doubt I'd go if I could only get tickets in that part of the ground, absolute shambles.

J-C
13-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Hate Tynecastle but it will save us all a lot of money in transport, better day out without all the hassle.

wookie70
13-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Mixed views for me. If there is a family section then I might be a bit happier. Mind you the family section at Hampden was more than a bit lively the last time I was there. From memory Hearts kids tickets are in the death trap stand and if that is the case I will be forced to go elsewhere as there is no way I am going to subject my kids to that **** hole. Taking kids is different to going with the lads. In days gone bye I would be delighted with the extra drinking time but I will have to wait to see what provisions they have for kids when they are announced.

My biggest disappointment is that a National Semi Final is awarded to a ground that is so poor and to a team that that have overspent to ridiculous extents on playing staff at the expense of their stadium.

CallumLaidlaw
13-11-2015, 02:16 PM
From the evening news -

The match will not be shown live on television and Hibs fans are expected to get a ticket allocation of roughly 13,000.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2015, 02:16 PM
You were slower than I expected :wink:

I was waiting to be seen in the Mazda garage when I read your post and I actually did laugh out loud.

Folk probably thought I'd received my bill. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
13-11-2015, 02:20 PM

If you had a season ticket last season, this season, have HSL shares and bought tickets to other games you will be in the first group to get seats for game.

Can't see too many going public sale - also those with low points or no points and want to go would be wise to start getting their points tally up and that starts with HSL shares or getting a ticket for Tuesday's home match online or at ticket office (as pods don't take into account loyalty points).

Loyalty points for HSL shares are awarded in February. They will have no effect on the semi-final distribution.

stoneyburn hibs
13-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Hibs should market something like a three game package puts you in the hat for a ticket.

SteveHFC
13-11-2015, 02:21 PM
From the evening news -

So the Gorgie stand, Wheatfield stand and the £51M main stand for us then.

Golden Bear
13-11-2015, 02:23 PM

If ever there's a one sided viewpoint then it's this one!

Perhaps "the fans" were consulted and St Johnstone opted for Tynie or maybe your inside source was simply talking absolute nonsense.