PDA

View Full Version : Malonga

biggineurope
09-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Looking for thoughts:

1) Does Dom. Malonga seem selfish too you with what is now repeated " If I can't take the penalty, then I'm spitting the dummy" attitude.

2) Can this attitude have potential to cause unrest within the squad.

I think that he has a chip on his shoulder in respect of the first question, I think he has difficulty with the fact there is no 'I' in team.

As for the second question, although there is potential for unrest, I think Davie Gray is more than man enough to handle the situation and as he has shown 'sort it'.

Your Thoughts?

Liam89
09-11-2015, 02:46 PM
I think you're overthinking it.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2015, 02:48 PM
I think Malonga has a fantastic attitude generally. Always wants the ball and his team mates appear to like him. His apology to Keatings on Saturday evening suggests to me he's very much a team player.

Saturday was a wee bit daft but probably understandable given he hasn't scored in a few weeks. It will be long forgotten by the squad now and should be by the fans as well.

.Sean.
09-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Some Hibs supporters just need SOMETHING to moan about or nitpick even when things are going well :rolleyes:

Callum_62
09-11-2015, 02:51 PM
I want our strikers to want to score

Plus, he apologised over social media to James Keatings

Lastly, our front 3 are looking pretty dynamic - more than happy with the 3 of them

Golden Bear
09-11-2015, 02:51 PM
I think you're overthinking it.

I agree. It was a storm in a tea cup. What's past is past.

mutley
09-11-2015, 02:59 PM
I think Dom had a wee hissy fit, as he wanted to take the penalty and get on the score sheet. Keats got his hat-trick, we won the game comfortably, and Dom apologised to Keats via Twitter.
All is well, done. dusted. And forgotten about.
Onto the next game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
09-11-2015, 03:00 PM
I agree. It was a storm in a tea cup. What's past is past.

I liked Stubbs' view on the matter .............. 'I leave it to them to sort it out, as long as the ball hits the net........... ' or words to that effect.

Steve20
09-11-2015, 03:10 PM
He was out of order at the weekend going in the huff. However, he apologised, seems popular among the players and the whole thing should be forgotten about now.

dmc1875
09-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Dnt think he was out of order he might have been the second choice penalty taker after Cummings and the lad is working his socks off, playing well and just needs a goal.

Storm in a tea cup as has been said already. Forgotten about and he even publicly
apologised.

J-C
09-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Looked like he was desperate to get on the score sheet and forgot Keatings was on a hat trick. 2nd year here and probably better English helping him to blend in more with the squad.

Thecat23
09-11-2015, 03:18 PM
He just wanted to score a goal. Went onto social media to say sorry that shows he's big enough to admit when he's wrong. Happens up and down the country all the time!

Big Dom is well liked and a good lad!

09-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Its great to see he's passionate and desperate to score but the way he acted after the penalty wasn't on. I'm sure Stubbs will have had a word with him and he's apologised to keatings so hopefully thats an end to it. Hopefully he can use that attitude to work hard and get scoring again.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Yep he's playing well but needs a goal.

Saturdays nonsense has all been dealt with.

Kojock
09-11-2015, 03:24 PM
I really like Dom, think he is the most naturally gifted footballer we have. He let himself down on Saturday, he didn't take up a position for any potential rebound from the pen then refused to congratulate Keatings. However I have no doubt he has learned from it and everyone has moved on. The togetherness of the squad is brilliant to see.

lucky
09-11-2015, 03:39 PM
I like the fact he wanted to take the pen. Shows he's hungry for success. I've been critical of him in the past but in recent weeks he's played very well and linking play superbly.

eastmainsmsh
09-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Think we should bring back konte when Dom goes

FromTheCapital
09-11-2015, 03:47 PM
It doesn't bother me to see a player upset that he didn't get to take a penalty. Especially when it's a striker as it just shows he wants to score for this club. He was the first to say sorry to Keats on Twitter and congratulate him on his hat trick. Dom is a quality player and will be a major asset for us this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offshorehibby
09-11-2015, 03:48 PM
He's a goal scorer, he wants to score as many goals as he can. He might be the recognized second penalty taker. He's also apologized to Keating, so that should be it done.

He'll just have to come out against Livi and bang a couple in.

ancient hibee
09-11-2015, 04:03 PM
All good strikers are selfish-it's what makes them good.

What opinion do people have for a different scenario? Say it had been to win the game and Malonga was number two penalty taker and Keatings took it to get his hat trick and missed. Obviously none of that happened-it's a debate about nothing.

Kojock
09-11-2015, 04:06 PM
All good strikers are selfish-it's what makes them good.

What opinion do people have for a different scenario? Say it had been to win the game and Malonga was number two penalty taker and Keatings took it to get his hat trick and missed. Obviously none of that happened-it's a debate about nothing.

Don't think that would have happened, If it was crucial the 2nd nominated penalty taker would have taken it. The only reason they gave it to Keatings was we were 3-1 up and he was on a hat trick.

Stevie Reid
09-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Malonga is one of the best players we've had in recent years, I think he's a quality player, whom I really enjoy watching.

I find it hard to imagine Jason Cummings would have had a similar reaction to the one that Dom got from some posters on here on Saturday, had it been him who was deposed.

worcesterhibby
09-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Looking for thoughts:

I think that he has a chip on his shoulder in respect of the first question,
I think he has difficulty with the fact there is no 'I' in team.

Your Thoughts?

There may be no "I" in team, but there are two in "Hibernian". Strikers need to be a bit selfish and both Keatings and Jason are guilty of shooting when there are better options at times...Dom just wants to score..which is a striker is a good thing. He's due a cracker..mark my words.

Jim44
09-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Malonga will also be keen to keep his goal tally in order to retain his International selection.

Kojock
09-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Malonga is one of the best players we've had in recent years, I think he's a quality player, whom I really enjoy watching.

I find it hard to imagine Jason Cummings would have had a similar reaction to the one that Dom got from some posters on here on Saturday, had it been him who was deposed.

Nobody has a problem with Dom wanting to take the penalty, it was his petulance at Keatings being allowed to take it.

Stevie Reid
09-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Nobody has a problem with Dom wanting to take the penalty, it was his petulance at Keatings being allowed to take it.

That's exactly what I'm referring to - Cummings has had more than his share of petulant moments.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Looking for thoughts:

1) Does Dom. Malonga seem selfish too you with what is now repeated " If I can't take the penalty, then I'm spitting the dummy" attitude.

I think that he has a chip on his shoulder in respect of the first question, I think he has difficulty with the fact there is no 'I' in team.

As for the second question, although there is potential for unrest, I think Davie Gray is more than man enough to handle the situation and as he has shown 'sort it'.

Your Thoughts?

I'm thinking it's strange that you'd post something as potentially divisive as this then log off almost immediately.

Big G in Europe? Who or what is Big G?

Your thoughts?

Lucius Apuleius
09-11-2015, 05:27 PM
I'm thinking it's strange that you'd post something as potentially divisive as this then log off almost immediately.

Big G in Europe? Who or what is Big G?

Me? God? 😄

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Me? God? 

I was thinking Big as in Big team, G as in Gorgie.

But you could be right.

--------
09-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Why bring this up again, unless to stir up trouble?

There was a spat between the two players on the pitch. Dom wasn't happy - I wouldn't have been in his position; he's a striker, there to score goals, and I'd rather we had two or three players wanting to take our penalties than everybody hanging back and trying to blend into the landscape.

Dom later apologised; the matter seems to be over and done with, yet some posters on this forum seem to want to keep it going.

So again - why?

The only expression I can honestly apply to posts like the OP is "****-stirring".

So, yet again, why?

easty
09-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Alan Shearer was saying on MOTD on Saturday that he wouldn't let anyone else take a pen, regardless of the circumstances, he was talking about Mahrez letting Vardy take the pen in the Leicester game to keep his scoring run going.

Strikers want, quite rightly, to score as many as they can, so I've no problem at all with what happened at the time, or subsequently.

biggineurope
09-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Sorry Guys,

I only looked for opinions, if that angered and or offended then , I apologize. I thought I was encouraging debate. My bad.
However, I can honestly say...

Certainly wasn't looking to moan or cause trouble or nit pick.

my name biggineurope is by no means asscociated with THAT mob across the city, The ' bigg' part has been with me since I was a wee pot bellied pygmy at school, the 'G' is the first letter of my name, the 'europe' is where I want the hibees to be every year.

Finally, i'm at work so logging off quickly meant I was off to do something, there's no Yam fuddery involved.

I enjoy reading what I read on .Net and have done for a long time, so apologies offered and lets move on.

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
09-11-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm pleased we have enough confidence about the team that they are fighting to take one rather than bottling it in case it all went wrong.

Malonga - want him in the team every time, good that he put the record straight - onward and upward.

Libby Hibby
09-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Perhaps the team instruction was for Dom to take the penalties when Cummings is not on the field and he is, who knows, Dom was maybe following managers orders but the rest of the team felt it was more poignant to give Keatings his Hattrick...it's no big deal but it just strikes me that there maybe a back story that we don't know about

Liam89
09-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Sorry Guys,

I only looked for opinions, if that angered and or offended then , I apologize. I thought I was encouraging debate. My bad.
However, I can honestly say...

Certainly wasn't looking to moan or cause trouble or nit pick.

my name biggineurope is by no means asscociated with THAT mob across the city, The ' bigg' part has been with me since I was a wee pot bellied pygmy at school, the 'G' is the first letter of my name, the 'europe' is where I want the hibees to be every year.

Finally, i'm at work so logging off quickly meant I was off to do something, there's no Yam fuddery involved.

I enjoy reading what I read on .Net and have done for a long time, so apologies offered and lets move on.

GGTTH

Don't worry about it mate. :aok:

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
09-11-2015, 08:18 PM
I wasn't impressed with his reaction after Keatings had the ball, and a few players let him know their feelings. AS has said it is up to them to sort, so that should be the end of it. I hope Dom realises it is a team game, and he should have been on 18 yard line anticipating any rebound.

Hey ho, we won 4-1, so all good.........

southern hibby
09-11-2015, 08:50 PM
I was there and Malonga was like a pathetic spoilt little kid. Several Hibs players had to get between him and Keatings as he tried to get the ball from him. He then walked away and stood about 25-30 yards back from goals when he as a striker should have been ready to get a re bound if that had happened.

He did not celebrate when Keatings scored and let's make no mistake he has been either great or not pulling his weight this season. But for a professional player to want to take a penalty is a blessing and we should be grateful we have such a player, but to stop another player the chance of a hat trick is not on in my books.

On his day Malonga is a joy to watch as long as he gets his own way. On other days he needs to grow up.
Before anyone accuses me of being unreasonable etc I believe this is my first mention on here having a pop at our player and I do praise him up too.

GGTTH

tamig
09-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Looking for thoughts:

Your Thoughts?

Think you're maybe making a mountain out of a molehill. My take on Saturday was that Dom was the designated penalty taker after Cummings went off. He's a striker. Lots of striker just want to score. I reckon he was peeved that he lost what he maybe viewed as his right to take the pen and bag a goal. Think that's all there was to it. He apologised on Twitter afterwards and the tweet is available on this board. Not really sure why it merits a thread and your forensic analysis of the incident.

hibbypostie
09-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Looking for thoughts:

Your Thoughts?

are you aware we won again on Saturday and are unbeaten in our last 12 I think. so why a negative post time you and a few others got a grip YOU are part of the problems at ER time you stopped maybe look up the word supporter

J-C
09-11-2015, 09:46 PM
Also Dom will have goal bonuses in his contract, the chance to get himself a few extra quid would've been an incentive to take the penalty.