PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian v Falkirk

monktonharp
09-11-2015, 02:42 AM
just had a look at the fixtures, and suddenly realised that they can be within a point of us next week. They have Alloa, and we don't play until the Tues. c' mon the wasps! hope they can sneak a draw. Falkirk are the best of the rest, and we could do with a bit of distance between us although they have always been a problem for us over the years .some on here, think it's all about catching THE Rangers. I like to think that way too, but I would like to see the Bairns dead and buried in the forseable future before we tackle the real problem(them)>

Vault Boy
09-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Falkirk are doing well this season (thus far), but I wouldn't be worried. Not because we should be over-confident, but simply because it's the most efficient attitude to have. So long as we keep concentrating on winning every week, racking up points and keeping momentum going, the league table will sort itself out. By all means, if a strong Falkirk side take some points off Rangers, I certainly won't complain, but I think it vital that the only teams we focus on, as a club and a fan base, are Hibernian and our immediate opposition.

Danderhall Hibs
09-11-2015, 06:03 AM
They're doing brilliant so far this season.

I don't plan to look down though - if we win next Tursday we're only 2 points behind Rangers.

CentreLine
09-11-2015, 06:47 AM
A couple of weeks ago we were four points behind Falkirk now we're four ahead. What's the problem there? Any time we don't play teams behind have the chance to close the gap. Nothing to see here

Smartie
09-11-2015, 07:08 AM
A friend of mine supports Falkirk and I was speaking to him on Saturday night.
He says they've been playing well this season and he's quite chuffed with their form - great result for them on Saturday.
After Rangers claiming the league was won after 5 games we now seem to be the media darlings, he's quite happy for Falkirk to drift in under the radar.
One thing he did point out was that they've only lost twice in the league this season - at Ibrox in the last 10 minutes after some controversial refereeing and then against us following a hotly disputed penalty.
He also said that Houston likes to pack a defence and kill games from time to time - something we've struggled against in the past.

Ronniekirk
09-11-2015, 08:52 AM
A friend of mine supports Falkirk and I was speaking to him on Saturday night.
He says they've been playing well this season and he's quite chuffed with their form - great result for them on Saturday.
After Rangers claiming the league was won after 5 games we now seem to be the media darlings, he's quite happy for Falkirk to drift in under the radar.
One thing he did point out was that they've only lost twice in the league this season - at Ibrox in the last 10 minutes after some controversial refereeing and then against us following a hotly disputed penalty.
He also said that Houston likes to pack a defence and kill games from time to time - something we've struggled against in the past.

They will be in the play offs that's for sure ,so whoever has to play them six times this season Could find them difficult opposition but too early to be thinking about that . Let's concentrate on one game at a time and see how close to Rangers we can get

O'Rourke3
09-11-2015, 08:59 AM
I work beside Lain H's uncle. They are happy at the current situation but he says that Falkirk always go through a bad spell. So as long as that's after we beat them but they beat Rangers.......

Billy Whizz
09-11-2015, 09:02 AM
They've got a tough December, away to Hibs and home to Rangers, back to back

Ronniekirk
09-11-2015, 09:07 AM
They've got a tough December, away to Hibs and home to Rangers, back to back

That will certainly test thier credentials Billy .

bigwheel
09-11-2015, 09:08 AM
I think who ever ends up in the playoffs - Falkirk will be a hard opponent over two legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
09-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Only team we need to worry about just now is Livi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Falkirk are doing well this season and need to be respected as a result, but if they are a danger to us lets hope they are a danger to the Zombies too.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2015, 11:42 AM
One game at a time. No point worrying or speculating about the future.

We'll all drop points between now and the end of the season. Hopefully The Rangers will sustain some injuries to their key players in the next few weeks. Red cards would also be a help.

B.H.F.C
09-11-2015, 11:48 AM
One game at a time. No point worrying or speculating about the future.

We'll all drop points between now and the end of the season. Hopefully The Rangers will sustain some injuries to their key players in the next few weeks. Red cards would also be a help.

Red cards and Rangers?!