PDA

View Full Version : Abuse on Saturday

cmcd
08-11-2015, 09:06 PM
I was in the stand opposite the main stand yesterday and was disgusted by the behaviour of a few of our fans who gave Thomson and Goodwin dogs abuse I don't have a problem with giving players a few verbals but they were out of order screaming f--k you Thomsan abd Goodwin There were lots of womem and children around who must have been mortified .We hear this sort of thing from the west coast a lot and condemn them for it Therefore i say grow up guys and show a bit of what we call Hibs class

cleanyman
08-11-2015, 09:10 PM
I thought it was funny.

DarrenSQH
08-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Not sure if this thread is serious....

hibbysam
08-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Young men in swearing at football shocker! If this sort of thing is out of order, we'd be as well closing the doors now!

matty_f
08-11-2015, 09:16 PM
I'll be 100% honest here and say i wish we got on the opposition's backs more often. Generally hear more abuse from Hibs fans to Hibs players than to opponents, which is a bit mental (that said, i don't hear that much aimed at Hibs players these days).
I didn't hear what was shouted at Goodwin or Thomson so if it was over the top then that's not great, but i think Goodwin especially is liable to rise to the abuse and do something stupid in our favour, so I'd be hoping for him to be getting it tight from the Hibs support.

Pete
08-11-2015, 09:16 PM
I learnt most of my sweary words on the terraces.

The_Horde
08-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Whatever happened to good old fashioned hibs songs?

Need to kick these offensive songs into touch, not hibs class.

Deary me

Sir David Gray
Don't have a particular problem with any of the chants mentioned in the OP, however the paedophile chants aimed towards Jamie Langfield yesterday were an utter disgrace.

We really need to stop this paedophile chanting nonsense at players we don't like, it's really tiresome.

Also didn't like hearing Mark Oxley being called an "English *******" early in the game after he was caught out a bit at a cross or the shouts of "orange *******" towards the referee and also Steven Thompson.

Disappointing on an otherwise fantastic day.

Broken Gnome
Boy beside me called Malonga a ****ing p***k repeatedly after the penalty hoo-ha. With almost blood-spitting anger.

People are strange.

BH Hibs
08-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Every week there's always one.

marinello59
08-11-2015, 09:20 PM
I was in the stand opposite the main stand yesterday and was disgusted by the behaviour of a few of our fans who gave Thomson and Goodwin dogs abuse I don't have a problem with giving players a few verbals but they were out of order screaming f--k you Thomsan abd Goodwin There were lots of womem and children around who must have been mortified .We hear this sort of thing from the west coast a lot and condemn them for it Therefore i say grow up guys and show a bit of what we call Hibs class

There were lots of woman and children dishing out the abuse. I have an appointment with a counsellor tomorrow. The **** better help me get over this.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Do children get influenced by what they hear at the football? I was brought up listening to swearing at ER or hearing even worse watching my Dad play East of Scotland. I always had a wee smirk about it but knew better than to repeat it in front of say a teacher or a Grandparent. I probably heard worse in the school playground than someone saying f*** at the football.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Mortified! If these women and children you mention are regular attendees they will hardly be mortified at hearing swearing at a football match. Hear the words Hibs class trotted out far too often on here as if our own support should behave like royalty at a game. Yes it's not great to listen to foul and abusive language but I think you have to accept the surroundings you are in to be honest.

oconnors_strip
08-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Don't have a particular problem with any of the chants mentioned in the OP, however the paedophile chants aimed towards Jamie Langfield yesterday were an utter disgrace.

We really need to stop this paedophile chanting nonsense at players we don't like, it's really tiresome.

Also didn't like hearing Mark Oxley being called an "English *******" early in the game after he was caught out a bit at a cross or the shouts of "orange *******" towards the referee and also Steven Thompson.

The shouts towards langfield were disgusting and came from a very drunken group at the back of the stand behind the goals, a lot of people shouted at them to shut up!

As for women being offended with the swearing........I'm worse than men at times :greengrin

iwasthere1972
08-11-2015, 09:25 PM
The Thompson **** you got boring after the first minute or so.

Northernhibee
08-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Jim Goodwin is a s**ttrumpet of the highest order.

cmcd
08-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Jim Goodwin is a s**ttrumpet of the highest order.

Perhaps pensioners shouldn't post on here if they are not to have an opinion

Jonnyboy
08-11-2015, 09:36 PM

I never heard those, Trig but I did hear a wee group down the front, behind Langfield's goal giving him good natured abuse, to which he responded in kind. Made me smile and made Langfield smile too. Reminded me of the banter we used to have with Andy Rhodes of the Pars.

All this peadophile stuff is sickening but I can't see it going away any time soon

.Sean.
08-11-2015, 09:37 PM
:blah::faf:

Bless your cotton socks petal. I hope you're never in my vicinity at a Derby you might implode :greengrin

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 09:39 PM
I never heard those, Trig but I did hear a wee group down the front, behind Langfield's goal giving him good natured abuse, to which he responded in kind. Made me smile and made Langfield smile too. Reminded me of the banter we used to have with Andy Rhodes of the Pars.

All this peadophile stuff is sickening but I can't see it going away any time soon

I saw that too just at the start of the second half and good on Langfield for taking it all in good spirits.

The paedophile chants were coming from the back of the stand during the second half, not sure how many people were involved but I heard it several times and there were cries of "beast" when he was taking goal kicks as well.

All really sad and quite pathetic.

Coults1875
08-11-2015, 09:39 PM
The shouts towards langfield were disgusting and came from a very drunken group at the back of the stand behind the goals, a lot of people shouted at them to shut up!

As for women being offended with the swearing........I'm worse than men at times :greengrin

Drunken and whatever they were smoking throughout the game... Every shout to langfield came from one guy within the group (got boring after the first shout) he also had it in for some of our own players (mcgregor especially) which was pretty disappointing.

Jonnyboy
08-11-2015, 09:45 PM
I saw that too just at the start of the second half and good on Langfield for taking it all in good spirits.

The paedophile chants were coming from the back of the stand during the second half, not sure how many people were involved but I heard it several times and there were cries of "beast" when he was taking goal kicks as well.

All really sad and quite pathetic.

:agree:

cmcd
08-11-2015, 09:46 PM
:blah::faf:

Bless your cotton socks petal. I hope you're never in my vicinity at a Derby you might implode :greengrin

There is always one and you are obviously it

Galahibby
08-11-2015, 09:48 PM
I learnt most of my sweary words on the terraces.

From Hibby women and children most likely :wink:

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Its he abuse Malonga is getting from our own fans that is doing my head in.

FranckSuzy
08-11-2015, 09:52 PM
There were lots of woman and children dishing out the abuse. I have an appointment with a counsellor tomorrow. The **** better help me get over this.

Sorry about that :tee hee:

Have to say, for all he's a f*d, Langfield took the 'abuse' he received in good humour (not the paedophile stuff, I hasten to add) :aok:

Northernhibee
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Perhaps pensioners shouldn't post on here if they are not to have an opinion

:confused: Where did I ever say that?

.Sean.
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM
There is always one and you are obviously it
😘☺️

B.H.F.C
08-11-2015, 09:55 PM

The 'abuse' Malonga gets from our support is massively exaggerated. He got a bit of stick yesterday for chucking his toys out the pram. But walking off the park he still got a wee rendition of do do do, Doninique Malonga. The same song that is sung to him on a weekly basis.

FranckSuzy
08-11-2015, 09:56 PM

Aye, you're a f$%&ing disgrace, N :faf:

Jim Herriot
08-11-2015, 10:10 PM

Crikey. I hope you told the flipping bounders to get knotted.

Seriously, though, I'd agree. There's no place for bigotry or paedo chants.

Radium
08-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Do children get influenced by what they hear at the football? I was brought up listening to swearing at ER or hearing even worse watching my Dad play East of Scotland. I always had a wee smirk about it but knew better than to repeat it in front of say a teacher or a Grandparent. I probably heard worse in the school playground than someone saying f*** at the football.

Off topic but the guy who kept calling Baird, flippin Frodo Baggins at Falkirk, gave the two 14 year olds that were with me all the giggle material for the trip home. Nothing to do with the profanity, which I have no doubt they knew, but the LOTR reference resonated. So not everything overheard is that bad (unless you are a hobbit)

oconnors_strip
08-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Aye, you're a f$%&ing disgrace, N :faf:

Shut it ya f***^*^ fa*** :faf:

FranckSuzy
08-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Shut it ya f***^*^ fa*** :faf:

:thumbsup:

Greencore
08-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Next home game I'm going to give the opersition extra dogs abuse😀

oldbutdim
08-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Next home game I'm going to give the opersition extra dogs abuse

Just don't bring any banners.

heretoday
08-11-2015, 11:06 PM

Seriously, though, I'd agree. There's no place for bigotry or paedo chants.

Paedo chanters are terrified of the paedo tendency within their own psyches. It's well known.

matty_f
08-11-2015, 11:49 PM

:faf:

monktonharp
09-11-2015, 01:08 AM

Seriously, though, I'd agree. There's no place for bigotry or paedo chants.It was a football match, and sweary words get used. It has been like that, ever since I went to a football match. some auld guys get irate, some young guys get fired up with the jungle juice. some women get exactly the same and some torn faced buggers complain about it here, for no obvious reason. If I am at a fitba match to watch my favourite team .... Hibernian fc, I reserve the right to sing, scream with delight or with anger as to how my team behaves and I do not give a flying fiddler's ****, as to how it is portrayed to anyone near me. to suggest that any rant or complaint from my fellow Hibernian fans is in some way racist or bigoted, is in fact a pile of sheite.. Let the people sing, their stories and their songs, all across this land. absolute nonsense from the first moment.

monktonharp
09-11-2015, 01:10 AM
I was in the stand opposite the main stand yesterday and was disgusted by the behaviour of a few of our fans who gave Thomson and Goodwin dogs abuse I don't have a problem with giving players a few verbals but they were out of order screaming f--k you Thomsan abd Goodwin There were lots of womem and children around who must have been mortified .We hear this sort of thing from the west coast a lot and condemn them for it Therefore i say grow up guys and show a bit of what we call Hibs classwere you ever a laddie?

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2015, 02:33 AM

Gold, well played! :thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
09-11-2015, 05:19 AM
Sure, the paedo chants were wrong IMO , but,..........
It's the football not the ballet. Swearing and shouting at the opposition ( even our own players ) happens. It's not exclusive to the West Coast either.

Albanian Hibs
09-11-2015, 06:09 AM
The 'abuse' Malonga gets from our support is massively exaggerated. He got a bit of stick yesterday for chucking his toys out the pram. But walking off the park he still got a wee rendition of do do do, Doninique Malonga. The same song that is sung to him on a weekly basis.

It wasn't just at the penalty incident. I was surrounded by guys slagging him off all game.

Kojock
09-11-2015, 08:48 AM
The guy shouting paedo and beast abuse was the same one who was shouting at the Raith game, he really is a prize plum. As for the abuse dished out to Goodwin and Thomson as long as its within the boundaries of public decency then the more the merrier. The only way I could dislike them any more as players are if they played for the Yams. Best chant of the day was the wee boy who chanted "Jim Goodwin yer an OAP"

As for the OP industrial language has been part and parcel of football for years really don't understand why it suddenly has become an issue for you now??

cmcd
09-11-2015, 09:00 AM
The guy shouting paedo and beast abuse was the same one who was shouting at the Raith game, he really is a prize plum. As for the abuse dished out to Goodwin and Thomson as long as its within the boundaries of public decency then the more the merrier. The only way I could dislike them any more as players are if they played for the Yams. Best chant of the day was the wee boy who chanted "Jim Goodwin yer an OAP"

As for the OP industrial language has been part and parcel of football for years really don't understand why it suddenly has become an issue for you now??

Not suddenly I was brought up to be respectful to others and that's just the way i am I follow my team all over the country and i can shout and ball as much as anyone but continual abuse such as Saturdays is out of order (in my opinion)

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2015, 09:21 AM
At a game at Killie in the 70s a guy who was with us shouted 'Turnbull must go' and another Hibs fan strode up from further down the terracing and punched him in the face. Those were the days :greengrin

I cant be doing with the paedo stuff either, but to be honest there doesn't half seem to be a lot of hothouse flowers around these days when it comes to the fitba ..... as someone else said, its not the bloody ballet.

wookie70
09-11-2015, 09:28 AM
I started a thread about the paedophile chanting at Raith. I was unlucky enough to be stand next to that crew at Raith and I was also in the west stand on Saturday with my 10 year old daughter. There was an ICT fan and his son sat in front of me. I had a good blether with them and they were good football fans. They moved at half time due to the constant F*** You Thomson chants.

Whilst I was really angry with the paedophile nonsense I wasn't aware of any on Saturday. The chants against Thomson and Goodwin were relevant. They were extremely tiresome and I imagine caused more trouble to those of us with kids than they did to the St Mirren players. No complaints here though, I accept that my kids will hear swearing at away grounds where I can't choose a family area.

Our patter is absolutely rubbish from where I sit but I can put up with it. At 10 and 12 my kids know swearing for the most part is wrong. My daughter looked round and shook the head on more than one occasion and also proudly proclaimed she would just ignore the idiots whilst covering her ears.

On a huge plus side the Hibs songs that were sung were belted out by both stands with me and my daughter fully committed to the cause. Lets stick to the Hibs songs. They bring us together and let the players know we are with them.

Kojock
09-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Not suddenly I was brought up to be respectful to others and that's just the way i am I follow my team all over the country and i can shout and ball as much as anyone but continual abuse such as Saturdays is out of order (in my opinion)

Apart from the clown shouting / singing the paedo and beast nonsense I didn't think the swearing etc was any different than any other game in recent times. On saying that the abuse and language at Dumbarton away was a lot worse but that was Hibbys arguing and fighting with each other.

kaimendhibs
09-11-2015, 10:12 AM
No need for the paedophile/beast chants at langfield. He was taking the other banter well.

lyonhibs
09-11-2015, 10:27 AM
It was a football match, and sweary words get used. It has been like that, ever since I went to a football match. some auld guys get irate, some young guys get fired up with the jungle juice. some women get exactly the same and some torn faced buggers complain about it here, for no obvious reason. If I am at a fitba match to watch my favourite team .... Hibernian fc, I reserve the right to sing, scream with delight or with anger as to how my team behaves and I do not give a flying fiddler's ****, as to how it is portrayed to anyone near me. to suggest that any rant or complaint from my fellow Hibernian fans is in some way racist or bigoted, is in fact a pile of sheite.. Let the people sing, their stories and their songs, all across this land. absolute nonsense from the first moment.

Does that include chants about paedophiles, racist chants etc that have hee haw to do with the football action on the pitch.

That's what's being debated here (assuming we all accept that swearing in itself will always happen at football, bairns and women - the precious wee souls - will just have to get used to it. As if they aren't already)

As an aside, one of the bluest (linguistically anyway) people I ever sat next to was at the 3-0 SC victory at Ibrox where a mother and son were sat next to me. The mother proceeded to spew forth with an impressive array of swear words that made me feel like a bit of a monk in comparison.

broondog
09-11-2015, 10:39 AM

agreed, don't understand the personal attacks really particularly when the team are delivering now week in week out.

some neanderthal behind me called him a black b****** unfortunately. Really disgraceful comment which must have been heard by the steward at the end of the aisle who chose to ignore it. Apart from racist comments and those which cross the line, a lot of what is said at matches has to be taken with a pinch of salt as we have our fair share of idiots like every other club who are best ignored.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2015, 10:39 AM
The paedophile stuff is really childish unfortunately we have an element in our support who won't ever stop it.

As for the OP's complaint I thought the FU Thompson was amusing then it got boring and Goodwin deserves everything he gets :greengrin

Fergus52
09-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Goodwin is a class A ********.

Wasn't at the game on Saturday but I'm sure he deserves far worse than anything that was being shouted or sung at him.

Jack
09-11-2015, 11:25 AM
Delighted to hear we are at last going back to the good old days of abusing opposition players rather than our own.

Disappointed to hear the level of that abuse was at times way lower than could possibly be considered 'banter', even at a football crowd level.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2015, 11:37 AM

As you will know, I'm liable to let go with the odd expletive my self but I agree that if there are families around, persistent foul language is out of order. Mind you, the worst I've heard this season is at Whitestone Park and that's from the players!!

cmcd
09-11-2015, 12:51 PM
As you will know, I'm liable to let go with the odd expletive my self but I agree that if there are families around, persistent foul language is out of order. Mind you, the worst I've heard this season is at Whitestone Park and that's from the players!!

Very true Malc

legends of 73
09-11-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm never sitting near o'conners strip or Francksuzy ever again the swearing was bang out of order 😜😜 I never knew females could swear like that😂😂

oconnors_strip
09-11-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm never sitting near o'conners strip or Francksuzy ever again the swearing was bang out of order 😜😜 I never knew females could swear like that😂😂

P*** off ya trumpet 😂

09-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Awck its part in parcel of football, giving the opposition a bit of stick. As long as its not too over the top then i don't see a problem.

ancient hibee
09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Awck its part in parcel of football, giving the opposition a bit of stick. As long as its not too over the top then i don't see a problem.

But lots of it is too over the top and that is the problem and it's getting worse.

09-11-2015, 03:49 PM
The peado song is cringeworthy. Really getting very old now.

legends of 73
09-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Off topic but the guy who kept calling Baird, flippin Frodo Baggins at Falkirk, gave the two 14 year olds that were with me all the giggle material for the trip home. Nothing to do with the profanity, which I have no doubt they knew, but the LOTR reference resonated. So not everything overheard is that bad (unless you are a hobbit)

That was Wee Martin from our bus regular travellers will know him as the guy who wears shorts every week even in the winter🙀🙀🙀

FranckSuzy
09-11-2015, 05:20 PM
I'm never sitting near o'conners strip or Francksuzy ever again the swearing was bang out of order  I never knew females could swear like that

:giruy2:Better with a singalong :agree: :thumbsup:

P*** off ya trumpet 

:tee hee: