PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

Lee Marvin
08-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Not seen it mentioned yet but this young man had 4 assists yesterday. If mezut ozil did the same, we wouldnt hear the end of it.

My motm yesterday (and that's saying something).

Wish he was our player!!

pundy man
08-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Was just about to post this just now!!! A fantastic game. This boy has shown a briiliant attitude since he came in. He celebrates every goal like he had been here for years and always respectful to the fans.
like some loans players we have had especially in the Fenlon reign he could have just got through this season but he has embraced everything about the club and given 100%.
This boy has conducted himself with great dignity and we should enjoy his short spell with us to the full.
He is one ex lone player who if he comes back to play against us should get a great reception and I am sure he will.

Only downside he won't get a cup final appearance ( or two 🙏🙏) if we play Celtic in final.

PatHead
08-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Apart from his 4 assists he managed to rile Jim Goodwin resulting in him getting booked.

Maturity beyond his years.

Canon Hannan
08-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Shame we can't buy him. But Celtic see a future Captain in him I here. Class act and one we need at the moment. Maybe The RFC will gain promotion and Celtic will sign a Lubo in preparation to a challenge and we can then take Liam off their hands on the cheap? £500k. Use the Semi Final money to buy him?

hibsbollah
08-11-2015, 11:25 AM
One of those players who is full of emotion and enthusiasm. At Livvy he scored a cracking free kick and then took a strop when he was subbed and did a bit of minor vandalism of the dugout. Wound up Goofwin yesterday to the point when a guy almost old enough to be his dad refused to shake his hand. Always the first to celebrate a goal with his teammates and encourage and pump up the crowd. Not to mention just being an excellent player.

Hard not to like the guy.

Iceman1875
08-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Shame we can't buy him. But Celtic see a future Captain in him I here. Class act and one we need at the moment. Maybe The RFC will gain promotion and Celtic will sign a Lubo in preparation to a challenge and we can then take Liam off their hands on the cheap? £500k. Use the Semi Final money to buy him?

It's not football manager we are playing lol

At Easter Road we play...

Shrekko
08-11-2015, 11:47 AM
His attitude to playing for Hibs is absolutely amazing. Even said he's not paying any attention to Celtic this season a couple of times.

The Scott Allan deal must be the best we've ever pulled off and Liam is a big part of that whole equation.

Ronniekirk
08-11-2015, 11:59 AM
Not seen it mentioned yet but this young man had 4 assists yesterday. If mezut ozil did the same, we wouldnt hear the end of it.

My motm yesterday (and that's saying something).

Wish he was our player!!

I am amazed Stubbs managed to get him on a year long loan with no recall clause .He is clearly a young man with a big future and it's clear we are playing a significant role in his Development .
So for the rest of the season he is our player and he is one of the reasons we are on this run , he takes responsibility and looks to drive team mates on as well as Wynd up opposition players

heidtheba
08-11-2015, 12:09 PM
His attitude to playing for Hibs is absolutely amazing. Even said he's not paying any attention to Celtic this season a couple of times.

The Scott Allan deal must be the best we've ever pulled off and Liam is a big part of that whole equation.

I'd have to agree here. I know this topic has been done to death, but after all that nonsense in August and all the (justified at the time) comments about 'the pre-season goodwill has just left the building', it's amazing to think that so many Hibs fans now seem to think this way. Total credit to Stubbs, Dempster et al.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 12:22 PM

Good point, Shrekko. I'd almost forgotten about that.

Loads of folk were doom and gloom when SA left, even though we were getting cash and 2 players, albeit Henderson as a loan.

It has turned out to be a master stroke by the board.

Picking Keatings up for nothing was none to shabby either.

JHFC
08-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Good point, Shrekko. I'd almost forgotten about that.

Loads of folk were doom and gloom when SA left, even though we were getting cash and 2 players, albeit Henderson as a loan.

It has turned out to be a master stroke by the board.

Picking Keatings up for nothing was none to shabby either.

And McGregor

oneone73
08-11-2015, 12:30 PM
And McGregor

And McGinn

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 12:37 PM
And McGinn

I think we paid £315k for him.

oneone73
08-11-2015, 12:39 PM

Whatever it was, wasn't it funded (partly at least) by the Allan cash? Apologies if I'm wrong

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Whatever it was, wasn't it funded (partly at least) by the Allan cash? Apologies if I'm wrong

One way or another. :agree:

Gmack7
08-11-2015, 01:01 PM

i'd be amazed if it was anywhere near that amount

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 01:06 PM

Maybe I'm mistaking his "market value" with the fee.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-mcginn/profil/spieler/193116

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 01:07 PM

nowhere near that, think it was a development fee 100k or thereabouts, but i think the lower price was to do with the player possibly taking legal action against st.mirren for that "spearing" incident with st.mirren player thomson/thompson ?

Wilson
08-11-2015, 01:08 PM
Maybe I'm mistaking his "market value" with the fee.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-mcginn/profil/spieler/193116

I think so. Fee was undisclosed. I imagine there would have been room for hibs to negotiate downwards from that figure!

S4uzee
08-11-2015, 01:16 PM
nowhere near that, think it was a development fee 100k or thereabouts, but i think the lower price was to do with the player possibly taking legal action against st.mirren for that "spearing" incident with st.mirren player thomson/thompson ?

Think you might be right. Does anyone know if St. Mirren are due a large percentage of any possible transfer fee?

R'Albin
08-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Think you might be right. Does anyone know if St. Mirren are due a large percentage of any possible transfer fee?

33% iirc.

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Was just about to post this just now!!! A fantastic game. This boy has shown a briiliant attitude since he came in. He celebrates every goal like he had been here for years and always respectful to the fans.
like some loans players we have had especially in the Fenlon reign he could have just got through this season but he has embraced everything about the club and given 100%.
This boy has conducted himself with great dignity and we should enjoy his short spell with us to the full.
He is one ex lone player who if he comes back to play against us should get a great reception and I am sure he will.

Only downside he won't get a cup final appearance ( or two ) if we play Celtic in final.

Unless there was a rule change that I'm unaware of then this whole "he can't play against his parent team" is a myth unless it is specifically written into the agreement. Happy to be corrected but that is my belief....

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:49 PM
[/B]

Unless there was a rule change that I'm unaware of then this whole "he can't play against his parent team" is a myth unless it is specifically written into the agreement. Happy to be corrected but that is my belief....

You're correct. There is no such rule.

But it's usually written into the contract.

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 02:58 PM

It may be but why would Celtic have been concerned about facing a team below them? Anyway its all guesswork but I do wish people wouldn't post this kind of stuff as being fact when they simply do not know......

7-Heaven
08-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Watching the highlights on Hibs TV, again, and he certainly likes to give a hug after a goal is scored:greengrin. I hope he gets the chance to give many more.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 05:43 PM

Did someone not post on here a few weeks back, that Harris couldn't play for Queens against Hibs?

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Did someone not post on here a few weeks back, that Harris couldn't play for Queens against Hibs?

I don't know if that was the case or not but it may have been in the agreement. The point I was making was that there seems to be a belief by some on here that it is in the rules that a loanee cannot play against his parent club and I do not believe that is the case. It's down to what the clubs have in the loan agreement.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks a player. Has been a bit overshadowed by McGinn and also the fact that he's a loan player, but has a great attitude and growing skill set. He should extend his contract for another year at Hibs, maybe do eighteen months back at Celtic before signing for a top English club on pre-contract.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't know if that was the case or not but it may have been in the agreement. The point I was making was that there seems to be a belief by some on here that it is in the rules that a loanee cannot play against his parent club and I do not believe that is the case. It's down to what the clubs have in the loan agreement.

And whether he wants to play against the club, whom I presume pay the bulk of his wages

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 05:58 PM
And whether he wants to play against the club, whom I presume pay the bulk of his wages

Correct but in his shoes (and of course providing we could get to the cup final) who in their right mind would not want to participate? It would also be pretty churlish of a parent club to deny a player who was not considered good enough to be a regular at that time the opportunity (and experience) to win a medal.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 06:01 PM
In the Premier League, players on loan are not permitted to play against the team which holds their registration (section 7.2 of rule M.6). Loanees are, however, allowed to play against their 'owning' clubs in cup competitions, unless they have played for their owning club in that cup during that season.

I'm trying to find out if that applies in Scotland.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
In the Premier League, players on loan are not permitted to play against the team which holds their registration (section 7.2 of rule M.6). Loanees are, however, allowed to play against their 'owning' clubs in cup competitions, unless they have played for their owning club in that cup during that season.

I'm trying to find out if that applies in Scotland.

so that means scott martin can play for Forfar against us in the SC final :I'm waiti

greenlex
08-11-2015, 06:05 PM
Correct but in his shoes (and of course providing we could get to the cup final) who in their right mind would not want to participate? It would also be pretty churlish of a parent club to deny a player who was not considered good enough to be a regular at that time the opportunity (and experience) to win a medal.

I think he already owns a SC winners medal.
Edit - Incorrect. It's a league cup medal.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Ok, everyday's a school day.

He's not allowed to play against Celtic in any game.

During the term of a temporary transfer the Player concerned shall not Play against
the transferor Club in a: (i) League Match; (ii) Play-Off Match; (iii) League Cup
Match; (iv) match in the Challenge Cup; or (v) match in the Scottish Cup.

Page 117 rule 67.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootball leagueasat5october2015_1444723823.pdf

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 06:22 PM

During the term of a temporary transfer the Player concerned shall not Play against
the transferor Club in a: (i) League Match; (ii) Play-Off Match; (iii) League Cup

Page 117 rule 67.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootball leagueasat5october2015_1444723823.pdf

Oh well fair enough, I wasn't aware of that. Booooooo........

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 06:25 PM

Page 117 rule 67.

Is this a new rule? Calum booth played for Raith against Hibs in the Scottish cup 2 years ago

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Is this a new rule? Calum booth played for Raith against Hibs in the Scottish cup 2 years ago

I don't know when the rule was agreed, but the document is dated October 2015.