View Full Version : Hibs Ladies Cup Final on Alba this afternoon

08-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Just heard that Hibs Ladies v Glasgow City in the Women's Scottish Cup Final today is live on BBC Alba, coverage starting at 1.50

'Mon the Hibees!

Flanny boy
08-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Come on my bonnie lassies :wink:

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-11-2015, 12:24 PM
could someone PM me a live internet stream to the game ?

:flag::flag::flag:

08-11-2015, 12:40 PM
could someone PM me a live internet stream to the game ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcalba

08-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Looking forward to this. GGTTH.

08-11-2015, 12:53 PM
C'mon the ladies .... good luck :flag:

Tha Cabbage Kid
08-11-2015, 12:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcalba

im outside the uk so cant watch BBC :(

WestEndHibee
08-11-2015, 12:55 PM
Just heard that Hibs Ladies v Glasgow City in the Women's Scottish Cup Final today is live on BBC Alba, coverage starting at 1.50

'Mon the Hibees!

Mon' the hibs!!

08-11-2015, 12:55 PM
I was going to head along to the game but this stormy weather changed my mind, glad it's on Alba :thumbsup:

Should be a cracking game!

08-11-2015, 12:59 PM
im outside the uk so cant watch BBC :(

oops sorry, is their not ways and means :greengrin VPN's etc

08-11-2015, 01:00 PM
I've just seen Petrie on the telly.

Get it sorted!

08-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Decent crowd, not sure why Hibs are wearing purple.

08-11-2015, 01:08 PM

'Cos it clashes with the orange? :wink:

08-11-2015, 01:11 PM
referee has gloves on :greengrin soon be that time of the season again, freezing cauld stands :(

08-11-2015, 01:20 PM

Keep us folk at work posted PB.👍

08-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Hibs playing against the wind, Glasgow just got corner from ball blowing clearance back towards goal.

08-11-2015, 01:22 PM
19 mins gone 0-0......Blustery conditions..............

Wathing from the comfort of my sofa.

08-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Wind is spoiling the game a bit although both teams knocking it about quite well in spells. If Hibs get to HT level we have to fancy our chances.

08-11-2015, 01:28 PM
19 mins gone 0-0......Blustery conditions..............

Wathing from the comfort of my sofa.

It'll make you go blind

08-11-2015, 01:35 PM
shame for both teams weather is horrible

08-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Glasgow City 1-0 Hibs

Good finish.

08-11-2015, 01:45 PM
1-0 Glasgow.

Poor pass back intercepted and smashed intothe roof of the net.

08-11-2015, 01:47 PM
that was a combination of oxley and gray faffin about, hanlon didn't cover himself in glory either

sigh

08-11-2015, 01:49 PM
It's all Glasgow, they look stronger and better organised.

08-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Boring.

Like watching Formula 1 with cars made to drive at a maximum of 120mph.

08-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Boring.

Like watching Formula 1 with cars made to drive at a maximum of 120mph.

:troll:

08-11-2015, 02:02 PM
Would have been a good effort by Hibs to get to half time 0 - 0. The conditions definitely contributed to the goal, no way the ball would have been played out there with a few minutes to go. Shame for the lassie Brownlie, she was having a stormer up until then.

Can still do this 2nd half ..... C'mon :flag:

08-11-2015, 02:13 PM
So much for summer football eh!

08-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Would have been a good effort by Hibs to get to half time 0 - 0. The conditions definitely contributed to the goal, no way the ball would have been played out there with a few minutes to go. Shame for the lassie Brownlie, she was having a stormer up until then.

Can still do this 2nd half ..... C'mon :flag:

Yeah, the conditions are spoiling the game. Hopefully, with the strong wind at their backs in this half they'll be more inclined to have a shot at goal. Hope they can turn things around.

08-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah, the conditions are spoiling the game. Hopefully, with the strong wind at their backs in this half they'll be more inclined to have a shot at goal. Hope they can turn things around.

Tbh Glasgow looking more likely to get a second if anything. Hibs just haven't got to grips with the weather at all so far.

08-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Pretty underwhelmed watching this . Conditions are terrible . Great wee chance there tho ,

08-11-2015, 02:28 PM
So much for summer football eh!

this is Autumn though

08-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Looked a very sore collar bone injury there for the city player!

woodythehibee
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Pretty poor standard, although I guess the weather doesn't help.

08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Fine save by the Hibs keeper keeps us in it.

08-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Too slow, nae width and too soft in midfield,. :greengrin

08-11-2015, 02:46 PM
2-0 game over and probably a fair reflection on the game.

2-0 glesca, better team on the day have won

The curse continues!!!!

08-11-2015, 02:57 PM
3-0 ft.

08-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Good hattrick by Clare shine, game was poor because of the atrocious weather conditions!

08-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Conditions or not, that was rotten to watch!

08-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Hibs & the Scottish cup eh !!!

The better team won on the day no doubt about it, but well done to our ladies for sticking with it. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that we never got the ball into the middle of the pitch to create options ... its as if the manager had told them to keep the ball within 5 yards of the stand side touchline at all times :dunno:

Well done to both teams and the officials for putting anything on in those conditions and for the spectators who stayed http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif... I'd have been away to the pub by half time :confused:

08-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Conditions or not, that was rotten to watch!

To be fair, so is the Ross County v Celtc match. Absolutely bogging.

Edit. Celtc score as I type

08-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Thought Hibs were poor - played City 5 times this season and still haven't managed to beat them.

City adapted better to the weather and controlled game. Hibs have some good players but didn't utilise them.

08-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Thought Hibs were poor - played City 5 times this season and still haven't managed to beat them.

City adapted better to the weather and controlled game. Hibs have some good players but didn't utilise them.

Hibs wore purple as supposedly they don't have the new home top?! They were given choice of new purple or green and went purple.

City have been the dominant team in wummin's footie for years now - hence the 4th treble in a row, but Hibs pushed them hard this year - City
are just better so Hibs needed a bit of luck today which wasn't forthcoming.

The team's run on the proverbial shoestring & while it's great they get into Europe next season (as a result of City doing well) it will take
some fundraising for the trip(s). Should get a few quid from the BBC for today, which will help.

I know some folk on the .Net are ambivalent (euphemism) about women's football but it's worth suppporting, in itself & as a way of extending the Hibs'
family. There were over 1300 hardy souls watching in that downpour; I watched the last final Hibs won (against City) a few years back & there were about
30 of us at Dalkeith Thistle's ground, so the growth is real.
Better luck next year, ladies:hibees

08-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Pity for the Ladies but Glasgow were by far the better team

08-11-2015, 06:13 PM

Hibs wore purple as supposedly they don't have the new home top?! They were given choice of new purple or green and went purple.

Well thats pish...Hibs ladies have worn the new strip all season.

Back to the game - conditions were terrible. But we continue to play very good players in the wrong positions. Until we get a more professional coaching team in place they will continue to be out played by more professional outfits.

08-11-2015, 06:45 PM
The curse continues!!!!

No for the ladies . Sure they have won it a couple of times recently .

08-11-2015, 06:52 PM

Back to the game - conditions were terrible. But we continue to play very good players in the wrong positions. Until we get a more professional coaching team in place they will continue to be out played by more professional outfits.

Personally I'd be pretty unimpressed if the money I spend watching Hibs was used to fund a professional coaching team for the ladies team.

08-11-2015, 06:53 PM
well thats pish...hibs ladies have worn the new strip all season.

Petrie!!!

08-11-2015, 07:07 PM

Sorry was given wrong information about kit.
Was odd they wore the away kit in the final though ? Plus why only 4 subs named when Glasgow named 7 :confused:

Agree about players in odd positions - moving players about too often during game and making subs late.

Decent crowd on a terrible day - though you could argue more covered seats needed for the crowd.

edwards
08-11-2015, 07:17 PM

Totally agree with this quote the Hibs ladies ruled the waves for years but over the past 3-4 years Glasgow have got stronger by bringing in people who have made a difference. I helped with Tyncastle girls who then went onto become Leith athletic girls. A very successful team who where wanted by Hibs but Hearts at the time were also keen on starting a team so the team were split half to hibs and half to hearts. The Hearts ladies at the time only lasted a couple of years as Levin emptied them. How I wish my girl had went to the hibs.

08-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Sorry was given wrong information about kit.
Was odd they wore the away kit in the final though ? Plus why only 4 subs named when Glasgow named 7 :confused:

Agree about players in odd positions - moving players about too often during game and making subs late.

Decent crowd on a terrible day - though you could argue more covered seats needed for the crowd.

Its run on a shoe string. Funded by Hibs Community Foundation and by the fund raising of people involved at all age groups. SoL up there doesn't need to worry about his huge contribution paying for anything in the ladies team.
Glasgow City have done a remarkable job getting much more funding than any other club which has allowed them to continually bring in the best players in Scotland. The Hibs team is very very young...and if we as a club invested a small amount they could very easily become a force in the Champions League.
Melbourne City have recently started playing the Ladies games after the Mens games thats the way forward for me. Anyone staying behind to watch the game chucks a fe quid into the buckets and we start getting a additional revenue stream.

08-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Its run on a shoe string. Funded by Hibs Community Foundation and by the fund raising of people involved at all age groups. SoL up there doesn't need to worry about his huge contribution paying for anything in the ladies team.
Glasgow City have done a remarkable job getting much more funding than any other club which has allowed them to continually bring in the best players in Scotland. The Hibs team is very very young...and if we as a club invested a small amount they could very easily become a force in the Champions League.
Melbourne City have recently started playing the Ladies games after the Mens games thats the way forward for me. Anyone staying behind to watch the game chucks a fe quid into the buckets and we start getting a additional revenue stream.

Glad to hear it. If they can find ways of raising more money/creating more interest themselves, more power to them.

09-11-2015, 12:09 PM

You dinnae half take the hump with people that don't share your passion for the womens game eh? There are other viewpoints out there.

09-11-2015, 12:33 PM
You dinnae half take the hump with people that don't share your passion for the womens game eh? There are other viewpoints out there.

Really - I see it as trying to improve things rather than constantly blocking them. I have a passion for all football and tbh I'd much rather watch a 7-a-side kids game than the majority of fare on display in the Scottish professional game.
The difference is I would never think that just because I don't like a certain part of the sport that it should be ignored. That's very insular and can never be a good thing for football. :aok:

09-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Totally agree with this quote the Hibs ladies ruled the waves for years but over the past 3-4 years Glasgow have got stronger by bringing in people who have made a difference. I helped with Tyncastle girls who then went onto become Leith athletic girls. A very successful team who where wanted by Hibs but Hearts at the time were also keen on starting a team so the team were split half to hibs and half to hearts. The Hearts ladies at the time only lasted a couple of years as Levin emptied them. How I wish my girl had went to the hibs.

Sorry your bairn missed out, I think the folk who don't fancy women's footie should read the bit about Levein - if he doesn't rate it
the opposite must be true.......

09-11-2015, 12:52 PM
I don't get the folk who give it the 'wummin's fitba is rubbish' and go on about not wanting to watch it. I don't think that's the issue, the whole point is to encourage women and girls to play the game and hopefully get interested in going to watch professional football too.

I play walking football and I wouldn't open the curtains to watch it being played in my back garden. But as a participant its great fun and I would encourage anybody to give it a go .... I think that's the point.