PDA

View Full Version : Elephant in the room

Liberal Hibby
08-11-2015, 02:47 AM
OK - I've resubscribed to Hibs TV and bought the bairns Hibs stuff and love the talk and the walk with Stubbs.

But, but, but...

We go to Ibrox on 28th December.

Rangers now have a decent manager - the breadman did great stuff at Brentford and is rightly held in high regard there. And his experience of out thinking the English championship big spenders means he will cope with the constraints The Rangers now operate under. In fact if you look at the consistency of media statements across their squad in their reaction to their first defeat on Sunday and their easy win today it is absolutely clear they won't drop many points and any off field shenagans probably helps team bonding.

So.

We play Sevco at Ibrox on 28th December. I'm not conviced they'll drop any points before then.

So - are we going to beat them three times?

hibbypostie
08-11-2015, 03:44 AM
I'd delete this before everyone wakes up lol

hibbypostie
08-11-2015, 03:46 AM
But for the record YES we will lets try and be positive for once FFS the teams playing well home and away for once lets enjoy it :flag:

greenlex
08-11-2015, 04:41 AM
We will both drop points to other teams. We are capable,e of beating each other. I think Hibs are the better all round team. I think our squad edges theirs. We are currently 5 points behind. **** the elephant. Just enjoy the ride and see what happens. After our start compared to theirs I feel it will be play offs at best but this team is special.just enjoy it. I only hope if the lottery of the play offs doesn't go our way if we end up down the route that Hibs fans aknowledge a team and club that gave it their best as that is surely what we are seeing.

Pete
08-11-2015, 06:07 AM
There are no elephants in any rooms just now.

This game is over a month away and who knows what will happen between now and then. :confused:

Alcohol in the room is more like it.

Thecat23
08-11-2015, 06:10 AM
But... We have a better manager!

Libby Hibby
08-11-2015, 06:29 AM
There will be games plans already in place to build us up to that game...2 winnable games in November but December is a massive month and to repeat the run we had prior to The Rangers at home will be simply incredible...one game at a time in terms of focus and team selection but there will be a plan in place for December...in Stubbs we trust

Big_Franck
08-11-2015, 06:35 AM
We have the advantage of having a better squad. We can rotate 3/4 players in every game and not drop much if any in terms of quality.

Thats not the case with the rangers. If waghorn or wallace or halliday are out theyre fu**ed. They play the same players every week who will tire as the season goes on, just as happened last year at Brentford with their small squad.

Keith_M
08-11-2015, 06:40 AM

chinaman
08-11-2015, 06:54 AM
OK - I've resubscribed to Hibs TV and bought the bairns Hibs stuff and love the talk and the walk with Stubbs.

But, but, but...

Rangers now have a decent manager - the breadman did great stuff at Brentford and is rightly held in high regard there. And his experience of out thinking the English championship big spenders means he will cope with the constraints The Rangers now operate under. In fact if you look at the consistency of media statements across their squad in their reaction to their first defeat on Sunday and their easy win today it is absolutely clear they won't drop many points and any off field shenagans probably helps team bonding.

So.

We play Sevco at Ibrox on 28th December. I'm not conviced they'll drop any points before then.

Newco are xxxxx , and after a great week for hibs and 3 cracking results my team are doing everything right. The filthy hun will drop points , all the pressures on them.
while the momentums with us.why shouldn't we beat them 3 times

marinello59
08-11-2015, 07:10 AM
How can Sevco be the elephant in the room when we talk about them constantly as our major rival?
Relax OP, stop concentrating on them and focus on our undoubted strengths.:greengrin

RoYO!
08-11-2015, 07:56 AM
Lets not forget they couldn't really have hoped for an easier game to get them back to winning ways especially as it was at home.

When you look at the run we're currently on and the number of tough away games I dont see the rangers matching that this time round. If they get a couple of key injuries as well then their form book goes out the window.

Steve20
08-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Don't see them dropping many points against the other teams.

However, we have a team that's capable of beating them three more times.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-11-2015, 07:58 AM
The Rangers have to play both Raith and Falkirk away in December before they play Hibs. If they're going to drop points it'll be in those games.

Jim44
08-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Suspensions or injuries to Waghorn and Tavernier, their two most high profile players, would severely handicap them. I hope that doesn't happen.:fibber:

Jim44
08-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Don't see them dropping many points against the other teams.

However, we have a team that's capable of beating them three more times.

Twice more will do nicely thank you. I'd rather not get them in the Scottish Cup to be honest.

MrSmith
08-11-2015, 08:12 AM
I don't know what's happening inside me at the moment but looks like I'll be back at ER to see the mighty hibees again! :hibees

Borderhibbie76
08-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Posted on another thread last night...1 of my pals is a st midden ST holder and he text me post match yesterday to say he thought we were awesome to watch...he said in his opinion we are a better all round team than Sevco having seen us both in recent weeks. Honestly don't get the OP doom and gloom...we r in fine form let's just enjoy the ride for now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Valid point though. I can see them dropping points against us, but not sure where the other ones will be lost. If we match their results and beat them another two times, we will win the league.

hibsbollah
08-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Posted on another thread last night...1 of my pals is a st midden ST holder and he text me post match yesterday to say he thought we were awesome to watch...he said in his opinion we are a better all round team than Sevco having seen us both in recent weeks. Honestly don't get the OP doom and gloom...we r in fine form let's just enjoy the ride for now

I heard from plenty of yams and huns last season that we were the best footballing side in the division; unfortunately winning plaudits doesnt win you anything except plaudits. I totally get what the OP is saying, we still have an awful lot of work to do to get back up. I think some of us are still scared (scarred?) of being let down after getting our hopes up, not for the first time.

Will the title race be solely decided by the two showdowns on 28th December and 6th March? If we win them both thats the 5 point margin overhauled but points will be dropped against the 'wee teams' either sides of those games as well. We've only played 13 games, 21 games still to go against the 'wee teams'. A lot of water still under the bridge.

Borderhibbie76
08-11-2015, 08:36 AM
I heard from plenty of yams and huns last season that we were the best footballing side in the division; unfortunately winning plaudits doesnt win you anything except plaudits. I totally get what the OP is saying, we still have an awful lot of work to do to get back up. I think some of us are still scared (scarred?) of being let down after getting our hopes up, not for the first time.

Will the title race be solely decided by the two showdowns on 28th December and 6th March? If we win them both thats the 5 point margin overhauled but points will be dropped against the 'wee teams' either sides of those games as well. We've only played 13 games, 21 games still to go against the 'wee teams'. A lot of water still under the bridge.
I totally agree...plenty football to be played...just passing on what a "neutral" thought of us today

Ronniekirk
08-11-2015, 08:45 AM
And see where we both are for the next game .
The Rangers have to play both Raith and Falkirk away in December before they play Hibs. If they're going to drop points it'll be in those games.

This ,we just need to take care of our games one at a time We showed the last time at ibrox we were able to match them and they were lucky to win
The only thing I agree with the op is that unless they go get injuries to key player and suspensions I don't see them dropping many points .But if they even draw against Falkirk and we keep winning then that's another two points clawed back .

Let's just look to keep it exciting .The closer we get to them the more pressure will be back on them ,but the truth is we probably need St Mirren to be one of the Teams taking points off them and on yesterday's evidence they will struggle to get into the top four

offshorehibby
08-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Sevco hun have two hard games away to Raith and Falkirk before we meet them.

mutley
08-11-2015, 09:49 AM
A 5 point gap is nothing at this point in the season. What if the Huns go unbeaten against every other team in the league, so what? If we can match that AND take points of them, that is our aim.

Look who we have played and beaten recently- all the top half of this league and 2 from the top tier. Seeing rangers take 4 goals off Alloa at home means nothing, we took 4 off Saints away, I'd say we are the far stronger team.

There is no reason why we can't take this league, BUT what if we only make 2nd? We have no one to fear in the playoffs , we have proved that now, and either premiership space is out for the taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLake
08-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Your spell checker must have changed the word "Excrement" to Elephant.

CentreLine
08-11-2015, 09:59 AM
A 5 point gap is nothing at this point in the season. What if the Huns go unbeaten against every other team in the league, so what? If we can match that AND take points of them, that is our aim.

Look who we have played and beaten recently- all the top half of this league and 2 from the top tier. Seeing rangers take 4 goals off Alloa at home means nothing, we took 4 off Saints away, I'd say we are the far stronger team.

There is no reason why we can't take this league, BUT what if we only make 2nd? We have no one to fear in the playoffs , we have proved that now, and either premiership space is out for the taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: This time last year IIRK we were ten points behind The Rangers and people were crying in to their beer. This year we are five adrift after they have made an almost (but not quite thanks to us) 100% first third to the season. I believe AS has instilled a strength of character in or side that will see us overcome The Rangers lead. I believe it will be The Rangers fans and club that will be looking over their shoulder with a degree of trepidation and not the other way around. They will remember that they have been here before and came up short. That brings its own pressure. Until we overtake them the pressure is all on them. After that it will be our turn and we did not do too bad a job of maintaining our lead on them last year.
GGTTH :flag:

Keith_M
08-11-2015, 10:12 AM
If Hibs win every remaning league game this season, they win the Championship...regardless of how The Rangers perform in their other matches.

There ya go, nothing to worry about

:wink:

Eyrie
08-11-2015, 10:36 AM

But, but, but...

So.

All very good points, and the sooner that the Sevco management and players believe that we are no threat, just relax and take their remaining 23 league games for granted, the better.

Andy74
08-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Strange thread.

rotherhamrob
08-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Surely you meant to say dinosaur in the corner, they are extinct after all.

basehibby
08-11-2015, 11:05 AM

But, but, but...

So.

We only have to beat them twice, but disregarding that elementary arithmetical error....

No-one can tell but of course it's possible - unlikely but possible that we'll beat them home and away.

It is also of course unlikely but possible that Rangers will not drop any more points at all to any other teams this season (in which case we'd HAVE to do the above to have any chance of winning the title)

It's also of course unlikely but possible that an asteroid will smash into Ibrox wiping out all the occupants.

So lets just keep our fingers crossed eh?!?

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 11:07 AM
It's not really an elephant in the room though.

We all know that we're 5 points behind Sevco and they're our direct competition for the league.

Of course the games against them are important. If we lose them, the best we can hope for is a play off place. If we win them, we might go straight up.

Rangers are obvious favourites.

No one's hiding from that.

Wotherspiniesta
08-11-2015, 11:50 AM
They were at home to Alloa. In terms of bouncing back you can't get an easier game than that.

Before we beat them they were scraping past teams. They'll drop points.

And for the record, there's no reason we can't beat them at Ibrox next month. The team is flying at the moment and could give any team in Scotland a beating.

nonshinyfinish
08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
:agree: This time last year IIRK we were ten points behind The Rangers and people were crying in to their beer. This year we are five adrift after they have made an almost (but not quite thanks to us) 100% first third to the season. I believe AS has instilled a strength of character in or side that will see us overcome The Rangers lead. I believe it will be The Rangers fans and club that will be looking over their shoulder with a degree of trepidation and not the other way around. They will remember that they have been here before and came up short. That brings its own pressure. Until we overtake them the pressure is all on them. After that it will be our turn and we did not do too bad a job of maintaining our lead on them last year.
GGTTH :flag:

How many point did we have after this many games last season?

(I know I could look it up myself, but I'd rather someone did it for me.)

CentreLine
08-11-2015, 01:20 PM
How many point did we have after this many games last season?

(I know I could look it up myself, but I'd rather someone did it for me.)

Iggy Pope
08-11-2015, 01:27 PM
We only have to beat them twice, but disregarding that elementary arithmetical error....

No-one can tell but of course it's possible - unlikely but possible that we'll beat them home and away.

It is also of course unlikely but possible that Rangers will not drop any more points at all to any other teams this season (in which case we'd HAVE to do the above to have any chance of winning the title)

It's also of course unlikely but possible that an asteroid will smash into Ibrox wiping out all the occupants.

So lets just keep our fingers crossed eh?!?

Christ, what a season that would be.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Christ, what a season that would be.

I'd settle that for never winning the Scottish Cup in return for that.

Iggy Pope
08-11-2015, 01:38 PM
I'd settle that for never winning the Scottish Cup in return for that.

Mike Sweeney disnae agree! He'd have yer arms off!

whiskyhibby
08-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Why not we should have beat them at Castle Greyskull on the first visit there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 01:40 PM

19 points after 13 games. That was terrible in this league.

Hearts had 35 so we're doing ok this term.

jacomo
08-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Valid point though. I can see them dropping points against us, but not sure where the other ones will be lost. If we match their results and beat them another two times, we will win the league.

Time for other managers to do their homework and work them out. Sevco have two new players this season who have been largely responsible for their good results - nullify their threat and see what happens.

.Sean.
08-11-2015, 03:26 PM
The OP needs to man up. It's Rangers, no Barcelona.

Not a chance they'll go the full season picking up maximum points against everyone except Hibs. They'll drop as many points, and hopefully more, than we will.

Northernhibee
08-11-2015, 04:21 PM
We're in stunning form with a great team and all we can do is go and win our games. They're looking over their shoulder.

Hibs are the elephant in Rangers room and we aren't going away.

Edson Arantes
08-11-2015, 04:44 PM
There are no elephants in any rooms just now.

This game is over a month away and who knows what will happen between now and then. :confused:

Alcohol in the room is more like it.

Nothing wrong with a wee drinkie in the wee sma' hoors...

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 04:48 PM
This is Sevco we're talking about here, they are beatable and not just by us.

As I said on a thread last night, they won't drop many points but they will drop points. It's inconceivable to think that they'll win every single match, except the ones against us.

We just need to keep plugging away and make sure we're in a position to take advantage when they do slip up.

Libby Hibby
08-11-2015, 04:56 PM
They will slip up at sometime...my guess, Saturday 5th December Vs Raith away

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Though Mark Yardley had retired ?

Heisenberg
08-11-2015, 07:29 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10061213/martyn-waghorn-believes-rangers-are-better-than-rivals-hibs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They are still doing all the big talking after last weekend. Nothing would be sweeter than catching these hun rats and winning the league.

oneone73
08-11-2015, 07:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10061213/martyn-waghorn-believes-rangers-are-better-than-rivals-hibs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They are still doing all the big talking after last weekend. Nothing would be sweeter than catching these hun rats and winning the league.

Winning this league is going to be a great joy. We should save all these quotes.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2015, 07:38 PM

He's thoroughly unlikeable is Waghorn.

Heisenberg
08-11-2015, 07:47 PM

He's the one that came out with the chat about us not being very good without Scott Allan isn't he? Daft prick. We more than matched them in the first game and got the better of them last weekend.

Jim44
08-11-2015, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=Heisenberg;4499914]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11788/10061213/martyn-waghorn-believes-rangers-are-better-than-rivals-hibs?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Long may they talk themselves up as they are only putting more pressure on themselves. The more and louder they tell everyone how good they are, the sweeter it is when things go tits up.

renato
08-11-2015, 08:01 PM
When exactly have we been shouting our mouths off in the press over the last week? He's obviously not heard of the word hypocrisy, either..

We'll just keep our talking to the pitch, whilst I'd hope AS pins that article on the Ibrox away dressing room wall on 28th Dec.

marinello59
08-11-2015, 08:03 PM
He's the one that came out with the chat about us not being very good without Scott Allan isn't he? Daft prick. We more than matched them in the first game and got the better of them last weekend.

That's him, pig ignorant arrogant backside of a man who is to stupid to notice that his own career went backwards when he joined Sevco.

HoboHarry
08-11-2015, 08:08 PM
That's him, pig ignorant arrogant backside of a man who is to stupid to notice that his own career went backwards when he joined Sevco.
You should start a new thread if you are going to mention Waghorns backside. It's a sizeable subject....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3308499/Rangers-4-0-Alloa-Martyn-Waghorn-double-Mark-Warburton-s-respond-Hibs-defeat-restore-normal-service.html

:greengrin

Alex Trager
08-11-2015, 08:09 PM

Wee fat tool who got away with murder last weekend.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 08:50 PM

:agree: Apparently if you kept Scott Allan quiet, we were "pretty basic really" according to him.

:bye:

Pete
08-11-2015, 09:03 PM
He's just a fat Todd from breaking bad.

rotherhamrob
09-11-2015, 10:56 AM
So let's get this right, he says we caught them on an off day but their manager said that was the best they've played in weeks.
They don't half talk keek.
We aren't the ones who've supposedly won the league already and are planning for a European place next year ya bampots.

Waxy
09-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Whats this got to do with elephants?

Jack
09-11-2015, 11:33 AM

The OP is possibly on safari?

Ringothedog
09-11-2015, 11:35 AM

Elephants do massive poo's, The Rangers FC players and management are Massive Poo's

kaimendhibs
09-11-2015, 11:43 AM
The fat nothing scored twice on Saturday when he should have been suspended for the incident at ER. Just a mouthpiece.