PDA

View Full Version : Dempster

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2015, 01:24 AM
Deserves credit in all of this. I'm more concerned with losing her than I am Stubbs. Basically because I believe she probably has contingency plans should he go, but don't believe the same for Petrie if she leaves. (Didn't mean to turn this into an anti-Petrie thread, but you know how it goes...)

I think it starts with her, and if we keep her then we have continuity, as she appoints another Stubbs figure (also a modern long-range planner) rather than go back to the old boom-bust mode.

It chills me now to think that it wasn't so long ago people were touting 'experienced old hands' like Jimmy Calderwood as an answer to Hibs problems. Avoid those fossils like the plague.

murray26
08-11-2015, 01:40 AM
I concur.. She deserves a lot of credit with date I say it Petrie for appointing her..

Onceinawhile
08-11-2015, 01:45 AM
I concur.. She deserves a lot of credit with date I say it Petrie for appointing her..

Indeed. Wholly agree with the OP, but RP and STF appointed her so deserve some praise...

Fwiw, I don't think she deserves much praise for the on the pitch, but off the pitch we seem much better and for that I'm happy!

Bay Area Hibees
08-11-2015, 01:53 AM
Agree. Really hope we keep club together through promotion.

pentlando
08-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Indeed. Wholly agree with the OP, but RP and STF appointed her so deserve some praise...

Fwiw, I don't think she deserves much praise for the on the pitch, but off the pitch we seem much better and for that I'm happy!

I would say she does deserve a lot of praise for the on field stuff. We were quick to blame petrie for poor results. She bought into stubbs philosophy and has backed him in the transfer market so IMO is important in this.

lucky
08-11-2015, 09:12 AM
I agree on LD but Jimmy Calderwood would have been a better appointment than TB, CC, & PF

Jack
08-11-2015, 09:26 AM
From what I understand The Butcher didn't buy into Leeanns philosophy and was sacked.

I don't think there there was much difference of opinion when Leeann and AS had a similar conversation at the time of his recruitment.

Credit one, credit the other, why not credit them both!

NAE NOOKIE
08-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Dempster is in my opinion the driving force behind everything good that has happened at Hibs in the last 18 months. She has a progressive forward thinking attitude and feel for the fans that Petrie never had, no matter how much flesh he pressed in 'Behind the Goals'.

I also think that she recognises that there is a correlation between success on the pitch and the club making money, something which didn't appear to be to the fore in the thinking of Rod Petrie or STF ..... who by accident or design seemed to see the team on the park as part of what the club was about, instead of realising that that is what its all about.

In a country of this size where money from fans is by far the biggest single source of income for any club, getting bums on seats has to be treated almost like a religious calling by clubs. If you have success on the park everything follows from it ....... bigger crowds, more TV money, better sponsorship deals, bigger prize money and, hell why not, even a bit of silverware to admire in the boardroom.

Before she is headhunted by a much bigger fish than us LD has 4 objectives:

1) Stabilize the club
2) Get the fans to feel positive about the club again, after years of negativity
3) See the club safely back to the Premiership
4) Win something, qualify for Europe ..... hopefully both

The club has made massive strides towards the first two objectives in the last year ... From what we have seen on the park lately we are at least going in the right direction when it comes to 3 and 4.

Would that be the case without LD ? ...... Perhaps, but I'm inclined to doubt it.

marinello59
08-11-2015, 09:37 AM
I agree on LD but Jimmy Calderwood would have been a better appointment than TB, CC, & PF

But still a bad appointment.

Ronniekirk
08-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Deserves credit in all of this. I'm more concerned with losing her than I am Stubbs. Basically because I believe she probably has contingency plans should he go, but don't believe the same for Petrie if she leaves. (Didn't mean to turn this into an anti-Petrie thread, but you know how it goes...)

I think it starts with her, and if we keep her then we have continuity, as she appoints another Stubbs figure (also a modern long-range planner) rather than go back to the old boom-bust mode.

It chills me now to think that it wasn't so long ago people were touting 'experienced old hands' like Jimmy Calderwood as an answer to Hibs problems. Avoid those fossils like the plague.

Ok the answer to your question is yes she is the lynchpin ,and the Driving force behind our change in fortunes ,and yes she would be a huge loss .The reality is the more success we have ,the more other clubs will look at our achievements with envy ,and look to either replicate it brining in thier own personnel , or as you suggest Headhunt Ms Dempster or others .
But as Stubbs said in his post match interview re Cummings yesterday ,let's just keep doing what we are doing and cross that Bridge when we come to it .
Why can't we as a support just organically enjoy watching the club as it evolves and not worry about who is going where when ,it will happen at some point ,But just
Feel the Karma Bob and stay in the moment and enjoy being a Hibee during this winning run .
For the record The Sun Tan man may have been better than Butcher but he wasn't what we needed.It s clear we now have what we need and although I wanted Petrie out , but even he must be sitting back admiring Ms Dempsters work and enjoying the end Product.
And for all we know Ms Dempster may already have her eye on her successor .The blue print is there to be followed its making sure the right people are in the right jobs , Sucsession Planning .

Final ps ,I had the pleasure of bumping into Suzy from Leith Links at the game yesterday .She was with a youngster who was throughly enjoying his day out watching the Hibees winning ,he couldn't keep the smile off his face and long may that continue .

FranckSuzy
08-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Ok the answer to your question is yes she is the lynchpin ,and the Driving force behind our change in fortunes ,and yes she would be a huge loss .The reality is the more success we have ,the more other clubs will look at our achievements with envy ,and look to either replicate it brining in thier own personnel , or as you suggest Headhunt Ms Dempster or others .
But as Stubbs said in his post match interview re Cummings yesterday ,let's just keep doing what we are doing and cross that Bridge when we come to it .
Why can't we as a support just organically enjoy watching the club as it evolves and not worry about who is going where when ,it will happen at some point ,But just
Feel the Karma Bob and stay in the moment and enjoy being a Hibee during this winning run .
For the record The Sun Tan man may have been better than Butcher but he wasn't what we needed.It s clear we now have what we need and although I wanted Petrie out , but even he must be sitting back admiring Ms Dempsters work and enjoying the end Product.
And for all we know Ms Dempster may already have her eye on her successor .The blue print is there to be followed its making sure the right people are in the right jobs , Sucsession Planning .

Final ps ,I had the pleasure of bumping into Suzy from Leith Links at the game yesterday .She was with a youngster who was throughly enjoying his day out watching the Hibees winning ,he couldn't keep the smile off his face and long may that continue .

:aok: Even if we did miss both of Keat's goals as someone wanted a juice...:rolleyes: :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2015, 12:05 PM
I think we need to see things through a bit more to determine whether we have the right blue print. It's certainly a better one if indeed there was a blue print at all previously

PatHead
08-11-2015, 12:43 PM
I think we need to see things through a bit more to determine whether we have the right blue print. It's certainly a better one if indeed there was a blue print at all previously

We didn't have a blue print we only had a 5 year plan which only RP knew about.

Ronniekirk
08-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Even if we did miss both of Keat's goals as someone wanted a juice...:rolleyes: :greengrin

You need to quench that thirst of yours before you go into the ground :greengrin

Libby Hibby
08-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Dempster is in my opinion the driving force behind everything good that has happened at Hibs in the last 18 months. She has a progressive forward thinking attitude and feel for the fans that Petrie never had, no matter how much flesh he pressed in 'Behind the Goals'.

I also think that she recognises that there is a correlation between success on the pitch and the club making money, something which didn't appear to be to the fore in the thinking of Rod Petrie or STF ..... who by accident or design seemed to see the team on the park as part of what the club was about, instead of realising that that is what its all about.

In a country of this size where money from fans is by far the biggest single source of income for any club, getting bums on seats has to be treated almost like a religious calling by clubs. If you have success on the park everything follows from it ....... bigger crowds, more TV money, better sponsorship deals, bigger prize money and, hell why not, even a bit of silverware to admire in the boardroom.

1) Stabilize the club
2) Get the fans to feel positive about the club again, after years of negativity

The club has made massive strides towards the first two objectives in the last year ... From what we have seen on the park lately we are at least going in the right direction when it comes to 3 and 4.

Would that be the case without LD ? ...... Perhaps, but I'm inclined to doubt it.

She has achieved objectives 1 & 2 and is well on the way to completing 3 this season...she genuinely cares about our club, when she talks, it's not just words or management speak or empty promises, she has a plan and executes it to the best of her ability...I am strangely aroused thinking about her

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 01:28 PM
She has achieved objectives 1 & 2 and is well on the way to completing 3 this season...she genuinely cares about our club, when she talks, it's not just words or management speak or empty promises, she has a plan and executes it to the best of her ability...I am strangely aroused thinking about her

What is this strange arousal of which you speak?

I only ever get aroused in the usual way. I feels as if I'm missing out.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 02:27 PM
We didn't have a blue print we only had a 5 year plan which only RP knew about.

Wonder if he has shared that 5 year plan with the rest of the Board yet?

whiskyhibby
08-11-2015, 02:42 PM

1) Stabilize the club

Agree 100% with the above [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk