PDA

View Full Version : Diego costa

1987kev
07-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Steward at Stoke reports him to the referee for assault :take that

leggeto
07-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Apparently being accused of assault from a stoke steward today at the game,I know he's a sneaky one,but is he that daft.
The video on sky sports the now maybe he stood on his foot or something

Libby Hibby
07-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Just seen it and if found guilty that will be ridiculous

iwasthere1972
08-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Just saw it as well and can't see what all the fuss is about.

easty
08-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Nothing will happen. There was nowt in it. The steward needs a slap for being such a wee prick.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Costa is a sneaky, dirty cheating barsteward so he deserves anything he gets.

KazHibby
08-11-2015, 11:05 AM

Don't you be sitting on the fence now:wink:

Scottie
08-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Nothing like an ex Liverpool player called Suarez by any chance ! :wink:

Agree with your sentiments on Costa though :agree:

Edson Arantes
08-11-2015, 05:47 PM

Correct.

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Nothing like an ex Liverpool player called Suarez by any chance ! :wink:

Agree with your sentiments on Costa though :agree:

Yes if you trawl back you will see I didn't support Suarez and his horrible antics either.

mikewynne
08-11-2015, 06:01 PM
The terrible incident: vine.co/v/eL9KWAw0BM5 (https://t.co/aq5EQc0nOT)

hibsbollah
08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
The terrible incident: vine.co/v/eL9KWAw0BM5 (https://t.co/aq5EQc0nOT)

Its like something you'd see in Syria. That poor steward must be in counselling.

Hibeesmad
08-11-2015, 06:04 PM
There was no need for Costa to do that to be honest, regardless of how it comes across

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 06:13 PM
I think he did that deliberately.

The steward wasn't even looking at him.

If he did, he's an even bigger prick then I thought.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Whilst it's hardly GBH it is a pretty inexplicable act. What is he thinking doing that? What's he going to gain? It's deliberate and utter stupidity.

Bizarre behaviour.

Pete
08-11-2015, 06:17 PM
What did he do? Stand on his toe?

Pretty Boy
08-11-2015, 06:18 PM
What did he do? Stand on his toe?

He flicks his back leg up into the stewards knee. He barely makes contact but wtf is it all about?

easty
08-11-2015, 06:23 PM
He flicks his back leg up into the stewards knee. He barely makes contact but wtf is it all about?

Does he? I dont see that at all. I assumed he stepped on the end of the guys shoe. Possibly clipped the nail on his big toe.

hibsbollah
08-11-2015, 06:25 PM

It looks to me like he did it to retain his balance :dunno: hardly any contact anyway

Cropley10
08-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Have a look again, its the boy facing the camera in the tunnel, with a dayglo jacket on next to the copper, not the boy who walks past.

The steward boy then gives it the angry face and an attempted shove.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2015, 06:29 PM
It looks to me like he did it to retain his balance :dunno: hardly any contact anyway

It's a pretty unnatural movement of the leg. Either way whilst I think it was deliberate and strange thing to do if an assault charge is brought it would be ridiculous.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Good player. Right up there with Pedro Starbucks.

GreenCastle
08-11-2015, 06:35 PM
While Costa isn't everyone's cup of tea - the steward is a disgrace to make an issue of this.

Surely he could have kicked the ball back rather than just stand there and be awkward making Costa go all ge way over the retrieve ball.

Hazard with the ball boy was far worse than this nonsense.

Callum_62
08-11-2015, 06:47 PM
does he even touch him? His foot doesnt even leave the ground

At 1st I had assumed he stood on the stewards toe - the one that made an issue and pushed him

Cropley10
08-11-2015, 06:48 PM
It's a pretty unnatural movement of the leg. Either way whilst I think it was deliberate and strange thing to do if an assault charge is brought it would be ridiculous.

You're looking at the wrong guy PB!!

Hibby Bairn
08-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Good player. Right up there with Pedro Starbucks.

👍

Speedy
08-11-2015, 06:55 PM

That's what I thought

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 06:57 PM
While Costa isn't everyone's cup of tea - the steward is a disgrace to make an issue of this.

Surely he could have kicked the ball back rather than just stand there and be awkward making Costa go all ge way over the retrieve ball.

Costa is a professional footballer, goverened by the laws of the game which includes behaviour towards fans. The steward is probably a local lad, helping out at his club for minimum wage. He is not responsible for retrieving the ball. Neither for that matter, is the police officer who is also standing next to it. I bet Costa wouldn't have stood on his toe.

If Hibs were 1-0 up against Rangers and I was the steward, I wouldn't pass the ball back either.

I've no doubt Costa was annoyed at the steward for not passing him the ball, but there is no justification for what he did.

Seemingly it's resolved now, but the FA may look at it again.

Costa is a tube.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34757551

Callum_62
08-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Costa is a professional footballer, goverened by the laws of the game which includes behaviour towards fans. The steward is probably a local lad, helping out at his club for minimum wage. He is not responsible for retrieving the ball. Neither for that matter, is the police officer who is also standing next to it. I bet Costa wouldn't have stood on his toe.

If Hibs were 1-0 up against Rangers and I was the steward, I wouldn't pass the ball back either.

I've no doubt Costa was annoyed at the steward for not passing him the ball, but there is no justification for what he did.

Seemingly it's resolved now, but the FA may look at it again.

Costa is a tube.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34757551

I thought it wasnt the steward at the end by the tunnel that he did anything to?

Wasnt he just reacting to Costa apparently moving to hit the steward that ran just behind Costa

If so, it shows how either A) amazing talented Costa is at sneakily hitting someone, or B) how this is an issue over nothing

EDIT - it is the guy at the end - and I still see nothing in it

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 07:34 PM
I thought it wasnt the steward at the end by the tunnel that he did anything to?

Wasnt he just reacting to Costa apparently moving to hit the steward that ran just behind Costa

If so, it shows how either A) amazing talented Costa is at sneakily hitting someone, or B) how this is an issue over nothing

EDIT - it is the guy at the end - and I still see nothing in it

It's the guy with the police officer next to him on his left (our right).

Bostonhibby
08-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Agree. Seems like whenever this minor contacts happen accidentally or otherwise it gets blown out of all proportion as the victims are propelled towards their moment of fame.

Looking at this one I seriously hope the steward never actually has to deal with any real incidents if he's somehow worried or affected by it.

ancient hibee
08-11-2015, 07:52 PM
So to sum up it's such a bad offence that we're not sure what he did and who he did it to?Lock him up and throw away the key I say.

Pete
08-11-2015, 07:55 PM
He's maybe a more complex character than he's made out to be.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34357052

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 08:53 PM
He's maybe a more complex character than he's made out to be.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34357052

So was Ronnie Kray. :wink:

Pete
08-11-2015, 10:07 PM
So was Ronnie Kray. :wink:

Indeed. Stood on a few more toes than Costa though.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 11:30 PM

:thumbsup:

hibbymick
09-11-2015, 05:39 AM

Its hard to stand on someones toes when they have concrete boots on.