PDA

View Full Version : Travel to St Midden

HappyAsHellas
07-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Christ what a day. Picked up my tickets from the club at noon and discovered I'd left my wallet at home. Big detour and then fill up with petrol and we're on our way. Got stuck in the middle of Glasgow with the "slow traffic for 4 miles" fiasco. My daughter said if we come off at the next junction we can cut down to a road that runs straight into Paisley. On our second tour round George Sq, the clutch decided to lose all hydraulic power so I couldn't change gear. Had to head back onto the M8 and eventually got to the ground 5 minutes before half time with all the gates closed. Driving home in 4th gear was a nightmare, especially through Glasgow with the congestion. On the bright side we did see all the second half, but was a bit miffed that they had run out of pies before half time - reminds you of Dunfermline in an organisational way. 3 points in the bag, 3/4 of an hour at the game and about 5 bloody hours in a broken car. I'm delighted though, what a difference from previous years.

PatHead
07-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Just to add to your nightmare. I got a pie at halftime

Do they have 2 pie stands and you went to the wrong one.

BTW never go through Glasgow always cut down onto M74 link road. You rarely get held up unless its Hampden.

Albanian Hibs
07-11-2015, 08:53 PM
It only took us an hour to get to Paisley and we were home by 6pm 😛 but we left the game 2 mins from end and managed to get past the hun traffic without any major hold ups.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Travel by train was fun, Sevconians didn't seem pleased to see us in Glasgow ;-)

HappyAsHellas
07-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Just to add to your nightmare. I got a pie at halftime

Do they have 2 pie stands and you went to the wrong one.

BTW never go through Glasgow always cut down onto M74 link road. You rarely get held up unless its Hampden.

There were 2 stands and I couldn't be bothered to try the other one. I was going to get a "buddy bridie" but immediately thought of Goodwin and gave it a miss.

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 09:00 PM
I got pies late into the HT break, but nae bridies:grr:Traffic was not good though, either way. I did actually mention to the bus driver, oot the back door of Paisley mate, to E.Kilbride. we can avoid Ibrox and the Kingston bridge but he was confident! Next time,let the bus take your strain:wink:

Hannah_hfc
07-11-2015, 09:17 PM
Travel by train was fun, Sevconians didn't seem pleased to see us in Glasgow ;-)
It was great seeing all the Hibs fans walk through central station singing Hibs chants.

The one daft wee lad who decided to hold up his Sevco scarf got pelters and I could see a few more hiding colours :greengrin

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mim
08-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Christ what a day. Picked up my tickets from the club at noon and discovered I'd left my wallet at home. Big detour and then fill up with petrol and we're on our way. Got stuck in the middle of Glasgow with the "slow traffic for 4 miles" fiasco. My daughter said if we come off at the next junction we can cut down to a road that runs straight into Paisley. On our second tour round George Sq, the clutch decided to lose all hydraulic power so I couldn't change gear. Had to head back onto the M8 and eventually got to the ground 5 minutes before half time with all the gates closed. Driving home in 4th gear was a nightmare, especially through Glasgow with the congestion. On the bright side we did see all the second half, but was a bit miffed that they had run out of pies before half time - reminds you of Dunfermline in an organisational way. 3 points in the bag, 3/4 of an hour at the game and about 5 bloody hours in a broken car. I'm delighted though, what a difference from previous years.

My travel arrangements form Kirkcaldy were perfect, UP TO A POINT.

X27 to Glasgow, a few Becks, some lunch and the first half of the Newcastle game in the Toby Jug near Central Station, train to Paisley, a good 4-1 win for the good guys, back to Glasgow, a couple of pints of Guinness in Molly Malones watching the Chelsea game and Edinburgh rugby.

X27 back, then DISASTER. We got to Dunfermline just in time for the end of the fireworks. It took half an hour to get into the bus station and about 50 hyper kids got on there :-)

Suppose we can't expect perfection.

KdyHby
08-11-2015, 04:45 PM
My travel arrangements form Kirkcaldy were perfect, UP TO A POINT.

X27 to Glasgow, a few Becks, some lunch and the first half of the Newcastle game in the Toby Jug near Central Station, train to Paisley, a good 4-1 win for the good guys, back to Glasgow, a couple of pints of Guinness in Molly Malones watching the Chelsea game and Edinburgh rugby.

X27 back, then DISASTER. We got to Dunfermline just in time for the end of the fireworks. It took half an hour to get into the bus station and about 50 hyper kids got on there :-)

Suppose we can't expect perfection.

I'm moving to Kirkcaldy next year, are there many Hibees that travel home and away?