PDA

View Full Version : Jim Goodwin

PatHead
07-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Anyone else notice he refused to shake Liam Henderson's hand at the end of the match.

Says everything about him.

Big bully, can't take a wee bit back.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:28 PM
No more than I would have expected from that arse.

Purehibee_MYB
07-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Squares up to a 20-year-old kid at the end of a game and refuses to shake his hand.

Cretin of the highest order

hibeemikey21
Anyone else notice he refused to shake Liam Henderson's hand at the end of the match.

On that point; I've been so impressed by Henderson's nasty streak. He loves to get stuck in and isn't afraid to noise senior pros up.

Hiber-nation
He is weird.

SON OF PADDY
07-11-2015, 08:31 PM
If that's true " it's a bad show " PRICK !!

Hibeesforever
07-11-2015, 08:33 PM

Yes, a disgusting ogre of a man. I thought he tried to kick Liam subtly at the end as they walked off too. Add a forearm across the chest that went unnoticed by the ref too.
A young scottish player should be playing instead. Shame on Ian Murray.

PatHead
07-11-2015, 08:36 PM
If that's true " it's a bad show " PRICK !!

Can assure you it is true. Saw it for myself.

During the game he went up to the ref and had a real moan ( I assume Henderson.) After the ref told him to do one he went away and cried to the linesman.

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 08:42 PM
my mates and I watched it. big Hendo kept following him off, trying to shake his hand but Goodwin was havin' nane o' it. possibly pissed off about the penalty? Goodwin did have a bit of a laugh and smile as we slagged him in the first half,as he carried the ball past us for a corner. I don't like him, as a player but he did see it as a bit of fun.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Remember when we tried to sign him?!

Sadly he was exactly what we needed at the time

Stantons Angel
07-11-2015, 08:55 PM
the man is a THUG of the 1st degree!!! h couIdnt ace that Iaddies boots!!!

Hiber-nation
07-11-2015, 08:57 PM
the man is a THUG of the 1st degree!!! h couIdnt ace that Iaddies boots!!!

He couldnae lace his own boots this afternoon!

hibbydog
07-11-2015, 08:59 PM
On that point; I've been so impressed by Henderson's nasty streak. He loves to get stuck in and isn't afraid to noise senior pros up.

Good post. Punched the air when i read that.

Mon the Hibs

Yes I've been drinking

Seveno
07-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Godwin is a thug and a bully. He particularly likes to hurt young players to intimidate them.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Remember when we tried to sign him?!

Sadly he was exactly what we needed at the time

He's a liability

.Sean.
07-11-2015, 10:22 PM
If anyone's ever been deserving of a career-ender its him. Thug

Seveno
07-11-2015, 10:27 PM
If anyone's ever been deserving of a career-ender its him. Thug

That is an awful thing to say about anyone, but in this case ............

hibees 7062
07-11-2015, 10:29 PM
St Mirren dick

.Sean.
07-11-2015, 10:34 PM
That is an awful thing to say about anyone, but in this case ............
I'm not one to usually advocate something like that but exceptions can be made :wink:

portycabbage
07-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Godwin is a thug and a bully. He particularly likes to hurt young players to intimidate them.

Indeed. Like when he had a run up to elbow Wotherspoon in the back of the head off the ball, and then was in the media saying acting like the victim and saying Wotherspoon was play-acting. Then Steven Thompson was on telly saying there was nothing in it and Goodwin was the victim (with the only footage being of Goodwin's back from about 80 yards away).

AFKA5814_Hibs
07-11-2015, 10:39 PM
An arse of a guy. Said to my mate at the last St Mirren game at ER wonder how long it would take for his first foul. It was about 40 seconds. Then spent the whole game moaning to the ref about every decision that went against them.

scoopyboy
07-11-2015, 10:42 PM
I saw it and was killing myself laughing, Liam Henderson was taking the piss out of the auld scroat.

Liam must have walked 30 yards with his arm extended offering the hand shake, it was freaking Goodwin out.

B.H.F.C
07-11-2015, 10:46 PM
I saw it and was killing myself laughing, Liam Henderson was taking the piss out of the auld scroat.

Liam must have walked 30 yards with his arm extended offering the hand shake, it was freaking Goodwin out.

And then Goodwin went to tell Stubbs on him. Big bad Liam must have scared him.

cleanyman
07-11-2015, 10:57 PM
He had a solid first half until he cost the goal. Fairly got his foot on the ball and dictated The Buddies play. After that he capitulated.

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 11:23 PM
He had a solid first half until he cost the goal. Fairly got his foot on the ball and dictated The Buddies play. After that he capitulated.

Said the same at HT.

For half and hour I was grudgingly impressed by him as he done his job well. Spoiled our play, got in the young lads faces and seemed to buy St Mirren time on the ball we didn't have. He just went to pieces though and resorted to throwing himself into tackles and winding people up and his limitations were exposed.

If he could keep his discipline he'd probably be an asset at a certain level of football in the role he's meant to play but as it is he's a total liability.

mca
07-11-2015, 11:33 PM
He Just Seems Like A Rangers player from the 80`s.. = Hack it doon and Hope the refs got a trooser leg up..

Nothings changed .. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-11-2015, 11:35 PM
He's had a season or two where he was an effective ball winner and played on the edge of the rules at a fairly low level. Problem for a while now is he's lost whatever respect he enjoyed from opposition players and when they start to run rings round him he is lashing out like a playground bully it seems.

He is a bit like a flabby heavyweight boxer whose taken on a fight too many but still thinks he's good.

Refs need to deal with him before he seriously assaults someone.

thebakerboy
07-11-2015, 11:40 PM
In the home game I thought Goodwin rather intimidated Henderson so it is good to hear that the young man has learned and turned the table. Well done to young Liam in upsetting the old b!"£$%^

murray26
07-11-2015, 11:44 PM
An average player who found his level and St mirren.. So glad we didn't sign him..

B.H.F.C
07-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Henderson fair noised him up. He was chasing shadows in the second half and his behaviour at full time summed him up.

eastterrace
07-11-2015, 11:59 PM
An average player who found his level and St mirren.. So glad we didn't sign him..

think it was more like he turned us down , thank ****

murray26
08-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Can anyone remember what manager tryed to sign him..? Would have been a shocker..

Bostonhibby
08-11-2015, 12:02 AM
think it was more like he turned us down , thank ****
Probably scared of the challenge, and he was right. Stayed in his comfort zone and is sliding downward in it

Bostonhibby
08-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Can anyone remember what manager tryed to sign him..? Would have been a shocker..
Fenlon

MWHIBBIES
08-11-2015, 01:58 AM
Can anyone remember what manager tryed to sign him..? Would have been a shocker..Was well received by pretty much everyone on here at the time, hindsight is a wonderful thing but there is no doubt he was the type of player we needed when Fenlon first came in.

Bronson
08-11-2015, 02:49 AM
He really is the prick's prick. I watched the whole fiasco between him and Henderson, a similar situation happened with Malonga during the 2nd half but he grudgingly slapped his hand and walked away when Dom offered him a handshake. For a man his age (33 but looks about 63), it really is an embarrassing way to act. Cringeworthy stuff from a welt of a man.

hibbysam
08-11-2015, 06:03 AM

That's how I saw it Scoop, until Hendo though bugger this I'm no chasing you anymore ya big huddy!

Particularly liked when Hendo came over to take a corner,
Just after Goodwin had been booked and he put the elbow into Hendo's chest, and he came over to take the corner pissing himself laughing!

emerald green
08-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Is Goodwin the dirtiest player in the Championship at the moment?

If not, I wonder which player currently holds the most yellow and/or red cards against his name?

Shrekko
08-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Is Goodwin the dirtiest player in the Championship at the moment?

If not, I wonder which player currently holds the most yellow and/or red cards against his name?
Doesn't matter how many cards he's got, Goodwin is the biggest thug to play in Scotland in the past 20 years IMO. He's actually a reasonable player though and we can deny it if we want but he'd have done a job for us when Fenlon wanted him.

oldbutdim
08-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Goodwin would have been a disaster at Hibs. Too big a club, too much expectation on him.......

Red cards aplenty and long periods in the stand.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 01:02 PM
anyone else(other than me) care to admit two seasons ago thinking us signing the thug would have been a good idea at the time ?

:embarrass:whistle:

MWHIBBIES
08-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Doesn't matter how many cards he's got, Goodwin is the biggest thug to play in Scotland in the past 20 years IMO. He's actually a reasonable player though and we can deny it if we want but he'd have done a job for us when Fenlon wanted him.Kevin Muscat.

Chip shop Joe
08-11-2015, 03:47 PM
He was definitely what we needed at the time but can't say I was disappointed when it did not come off!

It really does show how much we have improved however we now have players such as Fyvie, Bartley and Henderson who not only have the dig of Goodwin but are all infinitely better footballers.

Smartie
08-11-2015, 04:58 PM
I thought he was superb when they got a point at Easter Road.

He's a grade A fud but he can be annoyingly effective. He obviously has severe limitations but he plays a particular role well.

The fact that we have a thread about him every time we play them suggests that he plays an important role for them.

I think he'd have done well if he'd have joined us.

The_Horde
08-11-2015, 06:19 PM
He played like a desperate old man in the second half. Couldn't be effective as a footballer so resorted to trying to slow the game down or get someone sent off.

Weirdo.

BurghHibby
09-11-2015, 03:06 PM
What did he do in the first half when he got booked?
I saw the Hibs players getting onto the ref about something then think the ref acted on the lino's advice (first time in the game btw) to book the scrote!
Had to laugh when just after he got booked Henderson ran past and barged him - oops sorry like!

09-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Classless thug.

caithnesshibee
09-11-2015, 03:46 PM
I would think you will get short odds on who will have the better career

Kojock
09-11-2015, 03:47 PM
1st goal - McGinn waltzed past him then he is caught in no mans land when the ball was played to Henderson.
2nd goal - He gave away a needless free kick from which we scored.
3rd goal - He was dispossessed by McGinn on the edge of the box.

The guy is well past his sell by date and as I said on a previous thread that the only way I could dislike the guy any more was if he was a Yam.