PDA

View Full Version : We Have Woken Up.

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Saturday evenings for the past few years have been grim for many a Hibs fan. We have seen it all I think the past ten years. So much pain watching sides that doesn't even look like Hibs.

we have had it tight from our neighbours as well and had to watch them go up while we found our feet. But now... We have found our feet alright, our heart is pumping again, the fans can feel change and this time real change, its right there in front of us.

Stubbs has a team who believe in themselves now, players good enough to win tough games and see them out. I'm walking in and out ER with a smile.

Has this sleeping giant of Scottish football finally woke up and is ready to come out all guns blazing?... In my view YES. The Hibees are flying high and I'm proud of what we are doing and the way we are doing it.

Well done boys, let's keep it going.

GGTTH 💚

bingo70
07-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Your mate Kenny Miller asked the question if we'd be good enough to follow up last week's win with a win today, got to admit I had my doubts as well but I hope you were right on the blower to him at full time today!

This result will be on the minds of the rangers players imo, I'm sure more than one of them expected us to bottle it today!

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Your mate Kenny Miller asked the question if we'd be good enough to follow up last week's win with a win today, got to admit I had my doubts as well but I hope you were right on the blower to him at full time today!

This result will be on the minds of the rangers players imo, I'm sure more than one of them expected us to bottle it today!

Yep I text him bang on full time 😁

For the record he thinks we are good enough to take it right to the end. Said today was a big test and to win shows great character. So any slip ups they know we are on them.

70KevinHFC62
07-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Saturday evenings for the pat few years have been grim for many a Hibs fan. We have seen it all I think the past ten years. So much pain watching sides that doesn't even look like Hibs.

we have had it tight from our neighbours as well and had to watch them go up while we found our feet. But now... We have found our feet alright, our heart is pumping again, the fans can feel change and this time real change, its right there in front of us.

Stubbs has a team who believe in themselves now, players good enough to win tough games and see them out. I'm walking in and out ER with a smile.

Has this sleeping giant of Scottish football finally woke up and is ready to come out all guns blazing?... In my view YES. The Hibees are flying high and I'm proud of what we are doing and the way we are doing it.

GGTTH 💚

After reading the forum for years this is one of the best posts I have read on here.

I actually had confidence today we would score a few today and really cement a title charge. And that's what this is now, we are charging and powering through this league. Whether it's enough to catch the zombies I don't know but if we are to finish second I doubt any premiership team would like to play us

whiskyhibby
07-11-2015, 08:10 PM
Saturday evenings for the pat few years have been grim for many a Hibs fan. We have seen it all I think the past ten years. So much pain watching sides that doesn't even look like Hibs.

GGTTH [emoji172]

Well said! This run must be close to an all time record, perhaps the Statto's out there could confirm where this current team stands

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Going to watch Hibs is now a pleasure instead of a chore.

Although I never hesitated to turn up over the last five or six years, going to Easter Road used to bore me to tears and I'm sure I wasn't alone.

I am now being entertained and watching really exciting players who have a manager who believes in them and what they can do. The players are now playing with a smile on their faces and when they do lose the first goal, like they did today, the players and the fans don't panic because they realise that this current side has the ability to drag themselves back into the game and go on to win.

I am just gutted I now have to wait another 10 days for the next match!

TheReg!
07-11-2015, 08:12 PM

GGTTH 

Freddie, I was lucky enough to be in the dressing room just after the final whistle as AS was giving the team a debrief, he was full of praise for the players but was quick to let them know that the season is still early doors and that the standard has now been set. The togethernes and comradrie is clear to see.

Great 3 points, great team performance and yes we have woken up!

GGTTH!

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Freddie, I was lucky enough to be in the dressing room just after the final whistle as AS was giving the team a debrief, he was full of praise for the players but was quick to let them know that the season is still early doors and that the standard has now been set. The togethernes and comradrie is clear to see.

Great 3 points, great team performance and yes we have woken up!

GGTTH!

Seen that Keith, great pic you got! Stubbs is spot on as well. But for once we are flying with confidence, long may this continue!

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 08:25 PM
After reading the forum for years this is one of the best posts I have read on here.

I actually had confidence today we would score a few today and really cement a title charge. And that's what this is now, we are charging and powering through this league. Whether it's enough to catch the zombies I don't know but if we are to finish second I doubt any premiership team would like to play us

Yeah if we did finish second I would be full of belief we'd go up. Hibs will be more than a match if this continues and no one will fancy playing us.

Hibeesforever

GGTTH 💚

Hibs have absolutely woken up and are playing in some style.
walking through Central station and then on to Queen Street after the game there was a tremendous sense of confidence and excitement. The locals were perplexed as huge numbers of Hibs fans proclaimed we were going to win the league.
Rousing stuff and sends a message that Hibernian are aiming for the title.

Borderhibbie76

GGTTH 💚
Great post TC and your bang on...it's a pleasure to watch this team and we just seem to get better and stronger by the week. I also was concerned going into today...3rd big match in 6 days and had a feeling st midden would be up for it with Alex millers arrival. But after a slow start we simply blew them away and could have scored 6 or 7 today easily. Then u look to the bench and stand and see good players not in the team...we have a proper good squad and it feels great being a Hibee again [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Even when we were winning last season it wasn't great as we were so far behind that mob, this season is different, I can't wait for the next game.

GRANTON_HIBS
07-11-2015, 09:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago The Rangers struggled to beat Saints by a single goal, today Hibs went to Saints and conceded early then blew them away. Good times ahead. :flag:

iwasthere1972
07-11-2015, 09:50 PM
One word.

Backbone.

...WentToMowAnSPL
07-11-2015, 09:51 PM

GGTTH 💚
Awesome post... Greetings from Houston btw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fat freddy
07-11-2015, 10:07 PM
They're touching cloth, they know we have a stronger squad and they know we can catch them. The pressure is all on them, they declared themselves champions when it looked like the gap was too great to bridge. They underestimated our squad, we're on their tails and they now have to prove they have the bottle for this battle. Best week for Hibs in a a a long time...Vewy Pwoud

Benny Brazil
07-11-2015, 11:05 PM
This could prove to be a pivotal week in our season. We have now set the standard so the players know what is required and have shown they are up for it.
Cant remember in my time watching Hibs of a week where we have had so many tough and important games and come through it with flying colours.

murray26
07-11-2015, 11:12 PM
This could prove to be a pivotal week in our season. We have now set the standard so the players know what is required and have shown they are up for it.
Cant remember in my time watching Hibs of a week where we have had so many tough and important games and come through it with flying colours.

Totally agree mate.. We've now got time to catch our breath and go again.. Top notch performance today all things considered..

FranckSuzy
07-11-2015, 11:37 PM

:agree: Spot on. I will admit to fearing that today could have been the banana skin that has troubled previous Hibs sides - i.e., do all the hard work against 'superior' opposition and fall down against so-called 'lesser' teams. Thankfully, that didn't pan out so I for one am feeling pretty positive about our club just now. GGTTH

green day
07-11-2015, 11:46 PM
Waiting for the huns to drop a few more points..... Thats when the pressure will kick in for them.

lucky
08-11-2015, 09:25 AM
It's going to be hard to catch them but even if we finish second I still think we are going up. The fight in this side is excellent. Going a goal down away from home on a wet windy day Hibs teams of the past would have rolled over.

Thecat23
08-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Awesome post... Greetings from Houston btw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Always wanted to visit Houston, if I do I'll be annoying you for places to visit 😁

pontius pilate
08-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Keep going the way we are and it's going to take a helluva effort to stop us. I hope we can keep the performances and the results up so come the 28th Dec and we them again we could close the gap to two points then it's squeaky bum time for them.
I just hope the fans still give the backing if we don't get a result in any game.

Col2
08-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Brilliant thread and comments. I always thought them being stupid enough to declare themselves champions only a few weeks into the season would bite them on the arse. Interestingly Warbutin is at it again commenting on the competition they will give Celtic next season. They just don't learn.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Brilliant thread and comments. I always thought them being stupid enough to declare themselves champions only a few weeks into the season would bite them on the arse. Interestingly Warbutin is at it again commenting on the competition they will give Celtic next season. They just don't learn.

:agree: Nothing would make me happier than to beat them to the title and to force them to go through the play offs.

It would make my year.

pontius pilate
08-11-2015, 09:39 PM
:agree: Nothing would make me happier than to beat them to the title and to force them to go through the play offs.

It would make my year.

And mine Iv e just stuck a fiver on us at 7/1

banchoryhibs
08-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I've a bet on with 3 guys at work - through west - with 2 it's £10 for us to win the league; they've given me odds of 20-1; with the other he claims that The rangers will win by a clear 15 points or more - I've got £10 that says they don't at 15-1. A cool £550 to come my way!!!

They're beginning to sweat a little now!:greengrin

It's amazing how arrogant they all were about how The rangers were absolutely certain to win the league by a country mile.