PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Players on Twitter

Monts
07-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Is it just me or has there been a big increase in the amount of tweets coming from hibs players?

After today, with malonga apologising to keatings over twitter it got me thinking. Is this another of LDs ploys to reconnect with the fans?

A few of the plays, ox, handling, boyle, bartley etc like to have some banter on twitter. Is it just because they have become closer as a group?

Its great to see how the social media from the club has improved, and we dont have players being told to stay off it anymore (that we know of).

Or is it just the case that we are winning games, the players are confident, and that is showing in there personal lives?

Cameron1875
07-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Is it just me or has there been a big increase in the amount of tweets coming from hibs players?

After today, with malonga apologising to keatings over twitter it got me thinking. Is this another of LDs ploys to reconnect with the fans?

A few of the plays, ox, handling, boyle, bartley etc like to have some banter on twitter. Is it just because they have become closer as a group?

Its great to see how the social media from the club has improved, and we dont have players being told to stay off it anymore (that we know of).

Or is it just the case that we are winning games, the players are confident, and that is showing in there personal lives?

:agree:. Looks like the players are all good mates so just like to have a laugh and interact with fans.

Stubbsy has assembled a good group :):gwa:

GreenCastle
07-11-2015, 07:33 PM
We now have the Gerbil, the Squirrel, the Ox, the King, the Penguin and meatball heid.

Have I missed anyone out ?

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 07:38 PM
We now have the Gerbil, the Squirrel, the Ox, the King, the Penguin and meatball heid.

Have I missed anyone out ?

The Zing King?

Billy Whizz
07-11-2015, 07:38 PM
The Zing King?

Or the King of Zing

Zazu62
07-11-2015, 07:53 PM

What did malonga apologise to keatings about I must have missed that?

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 07:58 PM
What did malonga apologise to keatings about I must have missed that?

He spat the dummy out when Keatings grabbed the ball to take the penalty.

Libby Hibby
07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
I judged it that when Cummings isn't on the field, Malonga takes them, he probably knew that it was going to be his last kick of the game as he was subbed at kick off but Keatings was on a hat trick so correct decision was to give it to keatings...also nice to see the team mates explaining to Dom, almost consoling him that the right thing to do was to give it to Keatings...Stubbs may have a different view point if he had missed

bingo70
07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Not from hibs players but thought the two tweets below from Jim Delahunt were good to read......

"Watched @HibsOfficial today, my God they're good. McGinn the next big money Scot in BPL unless @celticfc scout gives up Tannadice season tkt"

"@HibsOfficial work rate and organisation superb. They need hope Stubbs not called back to @Everton anytime soon."

Kojock
07-11-2015, 08:08 PM

It was his attitude after the kick was taken that disappointed me. All the players ran to Keatings except Dom who turned away and walked back to the half way line in the cream puff.

bingo70
07-11-2015, 08:13 PM
It was his attitude after the kick was taken that disappointed me. All the players ran to Keatings except Dom who turned away and walked back to the half way line in the cream puff.

He's obviously just a bit frustrated that Cummings and keatings are scoring loads but he's not.

Not saying that's the right attitude but it's probably that competitive streak in him that got him to be a professional footballer.

The fact he apologised for it after the game more than makes up for it imo.

marinello59
07-11-2015, 08:18 PM

He probably felt remorse for that very shortly afterwards. He's apologised now so case closed.

Kojock
07-11-2015, 08:26 PM
He probably felt remorse for that very shortly afterwards. He's apologised now so case closed.

Oh well sorry I mentioned it then.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Oh well sorry I mentioned it then.

I think it was worthy of a mention because it was poor from him to react like that but he has now apologised and probably feels a bit silly now so fair play to him.

Hopefully he'll score in the next game.

matty_f
07-11-2015, 08:34 PM
It's good seeing them on twitter, there's good banter between the players and the players also tweet to the fans.

It's a good way to feel part of something imho.

Monts
08-11-2015, 12:24 AM
It's good seeing them on twitter, there's good banter between the players and the players also tweet to the fans.

It's a good way to feel part of something imho.

Agreed.

I remember under fenlon though people wanted players banned from Twitter. What a difference a winning team makes.

Cameron1875
08-11-2015, 12:41 AM
Not from hibs players but thought the two tweets below from Jim Delahunt were good to read......

"Watched @HibsOfficial today, my God they're good. McGinn the next big money Scot in BPL unless @celticfc scout gives up Tannadice season tkt"

"@HibsOfficial work rate and organisation superb. They need hope Stubbs not called back to @Everton anytime soon."

2 compliments laced with stirring the pot type suggestions and potentially future unsettling scenarios. Typical Glasgow Media. ****s

MWHIBBIES
08-11-2015, 12:54 AM
2 compliments laced with stirring the pot type suggestions and potentially future unsettling scenarios. Typical Glasgow Media. ****sYeah, really hate the insinuation that McGinn is Celtics if they want him. Celtic can **** off.

Paperboy
08-11-2015, 07:36 AM

just watched Jamie Vardy get given the ball by team mate Riyadh Mahrez for the penalty to keep his scoring record intact. Debate with shearer and Wright on Match if the Day if they'd have given him the chance to take a penalty!

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-11-2015, 08:05 AM

Jim Delahunt was one of the few journalists who predicted a Hibs win over The Rangers last week and got some abuse on Twitter for daring to say so.

Jim44
08-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Malonga apologised so fair do's. He's learning. Displaying indifference, and huffiness is part of his make-up and, as he says in his tweet, he's human. Overcoming his pettiness, which he has shown signs of doing recently, will make him stronger and more popular with the fans.

Jack
08-11-2015, 08:31 AM

I suspect the players will have been given guidelines by the club.

leither17
08-11-2015, 09:17 AM
just watched Jamie Vardy get given the ball by team mate Riyadh Mahrez for the penalty to keep his scoring record intact. Debate with shearer and Wright on Match if the Day if they'd have given him the chance to take a penalty!

Yeah seen that and thought of this situation a striker will always want a penalty

BroxburnHibee
08-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Someone else made the point that there's probably a goal scoring bonus which makes what he did slightly understandable. Keats was always gonna take it though.

His apology on twitter was a nice touch.