PDA

View Full Version : The pumpings our neighbours gave teams last season

Northernhibee
07-11-2015, 05:13 PM
That's how they won the league last season and it's the way we're going to win the league this season and maybe even the league cup as well

Four against St Mirren, three against Dundee United, two against the SPL leaders at the time, lots of other results with multiple goals as well. We must be absolutely terrifying to come up against for a weaker team just now.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 05:25 PM
That's how they won the league last season and it's the way we're going to win the league this season and maybe even the league cup as well

Four against St Mirren, three against Dundee United, two against the SPL leaders at the time, lots of other results with multiple goals as well. We must be absolutely terrifying to come up against for a weaker team just now.
At times I'm starting to feel sorry for teams that aren't Hibs.

Northernhibee
07-11-2015, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't even fear Celtic in the semis of the league cup at this rate.

greenlex
07-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't even fear Celtic in the semis of the league cup at this rate.

One things for sure none of the other three want to pull us out the hat on Monday.👍👍

Scottie
07-11-2015, 05:33 PM
At times I'm starting to feel sorry for teams that aren't Hibs.
No chance LB I'm sick to the back teeth of teams knowing we were an easy touch this last decade.

NOT ANYMORE THOUGH THIS TEAM IS ONLY GOING ONE DIRECTION AND THATS UP. :gwa: :flag: :flag: :flag:

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 05:34 PM
No chance LB I'm sick to the back teeth of teams knowing we were an easy touch this last decade.

NOT ANYMORE THOUGH THIS TEAM IS ONLY GOING ONE DIRECTION AND THATS UP. :gwa: :flag: :flag: :flag:
We are going up said we are going up :greengrin

hibeedonald
07-11-2015, 05:36 PM

I still think it's highly unlikely we're going to win the league. Rangers wont drop that many more points and we will still slip up now and then.

Mikey09
07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
I still think it's highly unlikely we're going to win the league. Rangers wont drop that many more points and we will still slip up now and then.

They'll drop at least another 6 that's for sure... :greengrin

emerald green
07-11-2015, 05:54 PM
I think I read on this forum recently that the Yams won 13 of their games last season by a single goal. They didn't pump every team by several goals. The important thing is to keep winning, week after week. If it's 1-0 or 5-0 you still get three points.

As far as catching The Rangers is concerned, my worry is that there just doesn't seem to be another team in this league, other than Hibs, capable of beating them.

For example match stats from Ibrox today:

Possession 70/30
Shots 25/2
Shots on target 11/0
Corners 9/0

I know it was Alloa, but not to have got a corner or a single shot on target is ridiculous really.

Northernhibee
07-11-2015, 06:02 PM
I think I read on this forum recently that the Yams won 13 of their games last season by a single goal. They didn't pump every team by several goals. The important thing is to keep winning, week after week. If it's 1-0 or 5-0 you still get three points.

As far as catching The Rangers is concerned, my worry is that there just doesn't seem to be another team in this league, other than Hibs, capable of beating them.

Possession 70/30
Shots 25/2
Shots on target 11/0
Corners 9/0

I know it was Alloa, but not to have got a corner or a single shot on target is ridiculous really.

Their bench is really pretty poor; once the pitches get heavier in winter and injuries start to accumulate Falkirk, Raith, QOTS etc will be able to pick up points against them :thumbsup:

Hillsidehibby
07-11-2015, 06:11 PM
If we don't win the league I am confident we will beat anyone in the play offs.

Believe me I have seen about six good seasons in 40 odd years and this is a good team.

emerald green
07-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Their bench is really pretty poor; once the pitches get heavier in winter and injuries start to accumulate Falkirk, Raith, QOTS etc will be able to pick up points against them :thumbsup:

I hope you're right, but remember the part in bold applies right across the board.

Right now, Falkirk might have enough to take points of them, Raith Rovers I'm not so sure, and QOS I would say not.

Someone called Paul Heffernan scored his first goal for QOS today, but were lucky Dumbarton (second bottom) didn't level near the end.

erin go bragh
07-11-2015, 06:18 PM

Win the rest of our league games and we have won the league .
Win all of our games and it's a historic treble :-)
Joking aside , fuuck them , let them worry about us and see what pans out .

Hillsidehibby
07-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Win the rest of our league games and we have won the league .
Win all of our games and it's a historic treble :-)
Joking aside , fuuck them , let them worry about us and see what pans out .

Love your name and your profile picture.

Can still remember being behind that goal soaking wet and never happier in my life.

erin go bragh
07-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Love your name and your profile picture.

Can still remember being behind that goal soaking wet and never happier in my life.

Same mate . Unbelievable scenes when Archie stroked that one home .

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 06:51 PM

Possession 70/30
Shots 25/2
Shots on target 11/0
Corners 9/0

Alloa are a part time side who are really League One standard.

Today's result at Ibrox says nothing about how things are going to pan out for the rest of the season.

If they're still five points or more ahead of us on New Years' Day, having gone to Raith Rovers and Falkirk and played us again then I might concede that they're just too good for us but that moment's not even close yet.

Radium
07-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Possession 70/30
Shots 25/2
Shots on target 11/0
Corners 9/0

Was listening to oam and at 2-0 Alloa had 2 1-on-1s but fluffed both. TRFC Full backs were at the other end of the pitch and the CBs were man to man. They have done that all season and are starting to be found out. St J exploited it and I would expect others to do so.

emerald green
08-11-2015, 11:29 AM

Today's result at Ibrox says nothing about how things are going to pan out for the rest of the season.

If they're still five points or more ahead of us on New Years' Day, having gone to Raith Rovers and Falkirk and played us again then I might concede that they're just too good for us but that moment's not even close yet.

Was listening to oam and at 2-0 Alloa had 2 1-on-1s but fluffed both. TRFC Full backs were at the other end of the pitch and the CBs were man to man. They have done that all season and are starting to be found out. St J exploited it and I would expect others to do so.

The bits in bold above. That's what I mean. Teams like this are not going to take points off the Ibrox club IMHO.

Regarding Trig's comment about them being too good for us. They're not. Hibs are the better of the two teams. It's most of the other teams in the league that I don't see beating The Rangers. Or at least not very often, or often enough.

I accept things can change if a club suffers injuries to key players though, and there is a long way to go.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 11:54 AM
If we don't win the league I am confident we will beat anyone in the play offs.

Believe me I have seen about six good seasons in 40 odd years and this is a good team.

that's where i'm at just now, a two-legged tie in the final play-off game v winners of Falkirk/Raith followed by the two legs v 11th in the SPL...having said that i think we have a better squad than the bigots so who knows, a little injury here and there, some referees denying them their last minute penalties and hopefully we keep up this consistency, maybe they will be in the championship play-offs instead of us :)

hibs0666
08-11-2015, 12:34 PM

We will prove over the season that we are too good for them.

Cropley10
08-11-2015, 04:25 PM
I believe we proved last week that Rangers are not a great side. Someone on here suggested that they'd be Top 3 in the Premiership, even though they've been horsed by St Johnstone, whereas as we two nilled the (then) top team Aberdeen.

What cannot be discounted is that The Rangers will hit further trouble, perhaps big trouble, off and on the park, for example:

1. an injury to Waghorn and/or Tavernier exposing a weak bench
2. King coming a cropper in his tussle with Mike Ashley. King is still currently on license for contempt of court, and could serve time if he's found guilty of this, date for your diary is 9 December.
3. Court cases involving our old friend Charles Green, who might suck further cash from the Ibrox club they don't have.
4. an inability to strengthen the squad in January
5. Warburton and his magic hat being tempted away

The Rangers have to rely on soft, unsecured loans, which are in essence gifts for now, to just keep the lights on and make payroll. They have a convicted frausdster in charge who can't or won't put any of his money in, who is being pursued by Mike Ashley. Sooner or later they will hit some real bumps in the road.

By contrast I can't remember when things looked so good on AND off the field at Easter Road.:gwa:

Sir David Gray
08-11-2015, 04:41 PM
The bits in bold above. That's what I mean. Teams like this are not going to take points off the Ibrox club IMHO.

Regarding Trig's comment about them being too good for us. They're not. Hibs are the better of the two teams. It's most of the other teams in the league that I don't see beating The Rangers. Or at least not very often, or often enough.

I accept things can change if a club suffers injuries to key players though, and there is a long way to go.

We will prove over the season that we are too good for them.

Both of you have misunderstood my post.

I didn't say they were too good for us, I said that if they were still five or more points above us on New Years' Day having played Falkirk and Raith Rovers away and us as well then I may concede that they'll be too good for us but there's no way I feel that way just now.

With the way we're playing just now, I firmly believe that we're good enough to beat them to the title.

KWJ
08-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Possession 70/30
Shots 25/2
Shots on target 11/0
Corners 9/0

Exactly, seam 3 points for a 1-0 win as there was for their 10-0 win.

JimBHibees
09-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Exactly, seam 3 points for a 1-0 win as there was for their 10-0 win.

To be fair I think Alloa hit the bar at 2 nil then had a guy sent off but no doubting it was a one sided match though would have been more interesting if Waghorn had been suspended given he should have been sent off the week before.