PDA

View Full Version : James Keatings

My_Wife_Camille
07-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Best player to pull on the green and white since John Collins

Andy74
07-11-2015, 06:02 PM

I'm clearly behind in the alcohol stakes this evening!

Lee Marvin
Haha, he is not the best player in this team!!

MyJo

.........was manager

Scottie
07-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Wow that's some statement pal !

Have you been at the Pale Ale today. :wink:

greenlad
07-11-2015, 06:06 PM
First player to score a hat-trick for both Edinburgh clubs (postwar at least)

Wrong, Alan Gordon did I think

CropleyWasGod
07-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Sure your wife isn't JK?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ACLeith
07-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Some Jambo mates were disgusted when they punted him, we now know why😀 👍

WoreTheGreen
07-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Good player i like his fast feet shoot early game said midweek if he get's a run of games will score loads. As for best since JC no chance not even close but love ure possitivety

The Harp Awakes
07-11-2015, 06:11 PM

Not sure about that, but what I would say is that JK's a special player. I've heard from a current Hibs player that he's a top performer in training and one of the best footballers on our books. Still can't believe Hearts chucked him.

CropleyWasGod
07-11-2015, 06:11 PM

Was about to post AG.

Gordon Smith?

Willie Hamilton?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

emerald green
07-11-2015, 06:14 PM

Steady! No he's not. I'll have some of what you've been drinking. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
07-11-2015, 06:15 PM
He really a fine player. Excellent against Dundee United although I didn't see him today.

Hopefully people will realise how good he is as the season progresses.

lucky
07-11-2015, 06:16 PM

Not even the best player at Hibs just now

The_Horde
07-11-2015, 06:17 PM
I love a bit of irony. Still though, he is pleasing.

ACLeith
07-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Not sure about that, but what I would say is that JK's a special player. I've heard from a current Hibs player that he's a top performer in training and one of the best footballers on our books. Still can't believe Hearts chucked him.

Maybe answers your question THA?

tamig
07-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Steady. Not quite.

greenlex
07-11-2015, 06:19 PM
What a team we have.💚

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 06:22 PM
What a team we have.
The best in the country apart from Celtic IMO.

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 06:25 PM
The lad is a natural finisher. He is a key player for us and the fact the roasters let him go and brought in Gavin Rilley makes it funnier. I know who I'd rather have.

Barney McGrew
07-11-2015, 06:27 PM
He's also a genuinely nice lad too.

He was gutted not to score on Wednesday, but he more than made up for it today :aok:

trev the hat
07-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Delighted for him, has had to bide his time & be patient due to injuries, a perfect foil for our front 2 & is learning quickly how this role benefits his all round game 👍
Top work JK 👌

Baader
07-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Not even the best since James Collins...

Sorry to hark back to darker days..

Scouse Hibee
07-11-2015, 06:51 PM
I rate him as one of the best footballers on our books, his movement, reading, undertsanding of the game and his positioning is superb. Make no mistake Keatings is a very clever footballer.

Libby Hibby
07-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Great wee player and will plenty of goals for us this season...on form, him and McGinn and Fyvie and Henderson and Stevenson and Gray and Hanlon really make us tick

Dashing Bob S
07-11-2015, 07:13 PM
I rate him as one of the best footballers on our books, his movement, reading, undertsanding of the game and his positioning is superb. Make no mistake Keatings is a very clever footballer.

Completely agree with this. More than Cummings, he could really progress in the game if he steers clear of injury and continues to develop. A genuine talent.

hibby6270
07-11-2015, 07:23 PM

Alan Gordon definitely. Scored 3 HTs for Hertz in the 60s and scored 4 HTs for the Tornadoes team in the 70s.

Others that have played for both teams but only scored HTs for one side were -
Gordon Smith (the 50s/60s one) scored a few HT for Hibs but none for Hertz.
'Jukebox' Durie scored HT for us but not them.
Paul Hartley scored HT for them but not us.
Thought about Darren Jackson but no HT for either.

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Agree with all this. 👍🏼

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Spot on.

He's not just a goalscorer by any means. His play in the deep role behind the strikers is very clever. His positioning and movement are key to a well oiled front line at the minute. Think McGeough has a fight to get his place back.

Borderhibbie76
07-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Spot on.

He's not just a goalscorer by any means. His play in the deep role behind the strikers is very clever. His positioning and movement are key to a well oiled front line at the minute. Think McGeough has a fight to get his place back.
I still think Dylan is one of the first picks on Stubbsy s team sheet mate...when st midden were on top first 20 mins or so today we missed Dylan's industry in midfield...defensively he puts in a power of work. However Keats was on fire today and the fact we r having this discussion shows what a great squad we have...the likes of foster and eckersley not even stripped today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 07:36 PM
:singing: Ohhhhh James Keatings, he used to be a Jambo but he's alright now!

Lago
07-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Great signing!!!!

lyonhibs
07-11-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm clearly behind in the alcohol stakes this evening!

I'm not even behind there. That's just a load of pish from the OP

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm not even behind there. That's just a load of pish from the OP

Bit harsh.

He's wrong of course but just a wee bit overexcitement maybe and who can blame him?

Greenblood70
07-11-2015, 07:40 PM
I thought he was reasonably quiet in the first 20-30 mins today but when he came in to the game ...what an impact.

He is my type of player, hungry, point to prove, and an asset in the dressing room. His second today was a thing of beauty, a lovely pure strike. Great technique. Why the poppy thieves let him go him go I do not know.

It seems at the moemnet that every player in our squad is contributing on some level - cant remember feeling that for a very long time.

Paperboy
08-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Big fan of James. Saw him play for Hamilton a couple of times and he impressed me. Was playing just wide of the strikers, giving them a threat when it came to assists or goals.

I think I heard he might have scored five goals for Celtic (U20s) v Rangers in one game and was one to watch back in the day. Has been unlucky with injuries but if he stays fit he'll give Hibs so much more up front.