PDA

View Full Version : The real deal

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 05:48 PM
This hibs team IMO is the real deal, after so many seasons of false dawns and bitter disappointment it's time to really get behind the team like we did the last time we were in this division. I think loads of hibs fans have been waiting for a sign that we've turned the corner and that we're not going to blow it again. The results from the last 2 weeks prove to me that we're going to take the Huns all the way and if we do win it the rewards will be sweeter than any I've experienced as a hibs fan.
:gwa::gwa::gwa:

GreenCastle
07-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Hopefully they are...

...we haven't achieved anything yet except an excellent run and a semi final position.

I will fully support this team through the season but at only at the end of the season we will be able to see if we have achieved our goal - winning the title or going up through the playoffs...which as we know isn't easy.

You only have to look at where the yams are and see how bad the league above is - our team would be top 6 as I believe it's the worst SPFL for a while and that includes Celtic.

What is evident is that this team and manager have a real strong bond and are playing good football and obviously winning too. Fans should see this and return to ER and really get behind the team as they deserve it. The momentum is with us and we need to maintain it.

greenlex
07-11-2015, 05:56 PM
I still think we will finish second but it really is great to watch this team. Play offs are a lottery and I would hope if the worst was to happen we can all regroup (Stubbs included) for the following season.

cad
07-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Still a long way to go but the run off games breeds confidence and thats worth its weight in gold ,as for turning the corner the indicators are most definitely on that we are going in the right direction, so it's a big thumbs up to Mr Stubbs and the boys ,keep it going :wink: :aok:

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Hopefully they are...

...we haven't achieved anything yet except an excellent run and a semi final position.

I will fully support this team through the season but at only at the end of the season we will be able to see if we have achieved our goal - winning the title or going up through the playoffs...which as we know isn't easy.

You only have to look at where the yams are and see how bad the league above is - our team would be top 6 as I believe it's the worst SPFL for a while and that includes Celtic.

What is evident is that this team and manager have a real strong bond and are playing good football and obviously winning too. Fans should see this and return to ER and really get behind the team as they deserve it. The momentum is with us and we need to maintain it.
The last time we were in this division we hadn't achieved anything at this stage, but the fans rallied round because they believed we would do it. I think that time has come again.

GreenCastle
07-11-2015, 06:09 PM
The last time we were in this division we hadn't achieved anything at this stage, but the fans rallied round because they believed we would do it. I think that time has come again.

It feels like it - confidence and momentum is very important and right now we have both.

A few things have changed....teams won't be looking forward to playing us - our home record is much better - we are also picking up more points away from home (where last season we dropped them).

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 06:14 PM
It feels like it - confidence and momentum is very important and right now we have both.

A few things have changed....teams won't be looking forward to playing us - our home record is much better - we are also picking up more points away from home (where last season we dropped them).
:agree: The away form is the most pleasing aspect for me.

Jim44
07-11-2015, 06:32 PM
I still think we will finish second but it really is great to watch this team. Play offs are a lottery and I would hope if the worst was to happen we can all regroup (Stubbs included) for the following season.

I think we will do well in the playoffs, if that's what it ends up as. I don't think it's prematurely negative to focus on being the best of the rest, while keeping an eye on Sevco in case they slip up, as, by winning strongly in second place, we will approach the playoffs with a real winning mentality. If we get too hung up on chasing Sevco, and fail at the end of the day, our mental attitude could be eroded and weakened in the process.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 06:41 PM
I think we will do well in the playoffs, if that's what it ends up as. I don't think it's prematurely negative to focus on being the best of the rest, while keeping an eye on Sevco in case they slip up, as, by winning strongly in second place, we will approach the playoffs with a real winning mentality. If we get too hung up on chasing Sevco, and fail at the end of the day, our mental attitude could be eroded and weakened in the process.
Whilst we're winning every week as we are now then I would say it is slightly negative to think we can't win the league. I'm not having a go at you for saying that, I just think that whilst it's still in our hands then we should be confident we can do it.

greenlex
07-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Whilst we're winning every week as we are now then I would say it is slightly negative to think we can't win the league. I'm not having a go at you for saying that, I just think that whilst it's still in our hands then we should be confident we can do it.

Without being negative in the slightest but why should we be confident? We could, sure. We might, sure and we should try our best but confident?

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Without being negative in the slightest but why should we be confident? We could sure. We might sure we should try our best but confident?
The confidence should come from our current form, we've just beat the Huns and we're beating everyone else. If that continues we'll win the league.

whiskyhibby
07-11-2015, 06:56 PM
The confidence should come from our current form, we've just beat the Huns and we're beating everyone else. If that continues we'll win the league.

Agree, that was a potential banana skin today and we overcame a sticky start to blow the Saints away, I believe we can and will win this league

greenlex
07-11-2015, 06:58 PM
I wish I shared your confidence lads. Aye im sure we will be giving it a right good go and I'm sure we'll be there or there abouts but think we will finish second.

Jim44
07-11-2015, 07:07 PM

Your last sentence made me stop and think. I had thought that we only had one more game against Sevco but realise that I'm wrong. In that case, I'll keep an optimistic open mind on this one. If we can keep up our form we might pip them at the post, but I honestly don't see them dropping points to other teams in our league. Imagine if we beat them by a single point at the end of the day. Ya dancer. :greengrin

S4uzee
07-11-2015, 07:11 PM
What's the points difference to this stage last season?

GlesgaeHibby
07-11-2015, 07:24 PM
:agree: The away form is the most pleasing aspect for me.

Away form has been very good, but for me I'm glad to see us turning easter road into a tough place to visit. Our home form leading up to relegation was simply horrendous. Malmo was probably the start of a dreadful run at home.

Purehibee_MYB
07-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Away form has been very good, but for me I'm glad to see us turning easter road into a tough place to visit. Our home form leading up to relegation was simply horrendous. Malmo was probably the start of a dreadful run at home.

You're right. Other than a short good run of home form under Fenlon, Easter Road has been an easy place to visit for far too many years. Good to see it become a bit of a fortress once again

SeanWilson
07-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Told the Mrs I wanted a half season for the whole family for Xmas tonight... Been 3 years since we had ST's but after recent results and enjoying a great away day today (and a few guys on here pointing out the value in the kids ST's).... We'll be back full time!

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
The really great thing is that the whole set up is now geared towards smooth succession so when Stubbs moves on (hopefully a good while from now) the next gaffer has to fit in with the club rather than vice versa.

Gone are the days of the whole club being turned upside down every 18 months as another manager tries to fix things not entirely in his control.

We really need to get promoted, firstly because we deserve it and secondly because everything about the club at the moment suggests we are on the verge of something very exciting.

Thecat23
07-11-2015, 07:33 PM
I posted The Huns would run away with the league after the start we had. But to only be 5 behind and now have all the squad back we have clicked big time and if we keep this up The Huns may crack. They need to go away to Raith and Falkirk too.

This league is very much wide open now and we can win it.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Your last sentence made me stop and think. I had thought that we only had one more game against Sevco but realise that I'm wrong. In that case, I'll keep an optimistic open mind on this one. If we can keep up our form we might pip them at the post, but I honestly don't see them dropping points to other teams in our league. Imagine if we beat them by a single point at the end of the day. Ya dancer. :greengrin
If we bet them to the league it would go down as the biggest achievement by a hibs team in my lifetime.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 07:41 PM
What's the points difference to this stage last season?

Last season;

P-13
W-5
D-4
L-4
F-18
A-13
PTS-19

This season;

P-13
W-10
D-1
L-2
F-25
A-9
PTS-31

Dalianwanda
07-11-2015, 07:45 PM
It's cool to here well done Stubbs and the team rather than Leanne and the board...were on the right road!

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Last season;

P-13
W-5
D-4
L-4
F-18
A-13
PTS-19

This season;

P-13
W-10
D-1
L-2
F-25
A-9
PTS-31

That's a fantastic difference.

We could easily have won the game at Ibrox as well and the Dumbarton game came on the back off the whole Scott Allan pish. We are arguably unfortunate not to be at least 4 points better off.

Golden Bear
07-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Anyone else think that League reconstruction may well be on cards for next season? Just a hunch I have without any concrete evidence to back it up.

SquashedFrogg
07-11-2015, 07:53 PM
It's cool to here well done Stubbs and the team rather than Leanne and the board...were on the right road!

Everyone deserves credit. Stubbs, players, fans, Leanne, Board.... :agree:

The team are doing it, the management team are doing it, the fans are doing it and for me it stems from the fresh approach all across our club.

Away from the here and now, I feel our club (regardless about this season) is on a solid footing and has the structure in place for future success.

My point being is that, if/when Stubbs were to leave (may happen one day) we have a transitional plan in place to keep continuity and momentum.

What a beautiful club we have again!

Thank you all at Hibernian FC :flag::flag:

Allan45
07-11-2015, 07:54 PM
I posted The Huns would run away with the league after the start we had. But to only be 5 behind and now have all the squad back we have clicked big time and if we keep this up The Huns may crack. They need to go away to Raith and Falkirk too.

This league is very much wide open now and we can win it.
I done the same after the Dumbarton game, this team is different, and are in terrific form. I'm so pleased that we are on a winning streak, closing down the Rangers, I'm think we can win by 2-3points in the end, we will beat the Rangers another two times too😀:flag:

davidw
07-11-2015, 07:59 PM

We are extraordinarily unlucky to be in this crappy league at the same time as Sevco and their ill-gotten gains. Any other year (well, ok, apart from last year) we would stroll this league in the manner of McLeish's team of Sauzee & Latapy.

Am just back from St. Mirren's Toytown stadium and our team is, frankly, great - real strength in depth and head and shoulders above anything else in the division apart from the Crook's XI.

Well done Alan Stubbs.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:05 PM
That's a fantastic difference.

We could easily have won the game at Ibrox as well and the Dumbarton game came on the back off the whole Scott Allan pish. We are arguably unfortunate not to be at least 4 points better off.

:agree: We were 10 points behind Sevco at this point last season and still managed to finish above them after we finally managed to get our act together and went on a great run.

If we can keep this current form going, I see absolutely no reason why we can't win this league. Sevco won't lose a lot of points but they will lose points. It's inconceivable to think that they'll win every single game, except the ones against us. We just need to keep the pressure up and be in a position to take advantage when any slip up occurs.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 08:11 PM
:agree: We were 10 points behind Sevco at this point last season and still managed to finish above them after we finally managed to get our act together and went on a great run.

If we can keep this current form going, I see absolutely no reason why we can't win this league. Sevco won't lose a lot of points but they will lose points. It's inconceivable to think that they'll win every single game, except the ones against us. We just need to keep the pressure up and be in a position to take advantage when any slip up occurs.
Looking at our fixtures I can't see us dropping any points before we head to ibrox, Morton away seems the only tricky game.

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 08:18 PM
You're right. Other than a short good run of home form under Fenlon, Easter Road has been an easy place to visit for far too many years. Good to see it become a bit of a fortress once again I have never considered the "new" Easter Road as a fortress. we built one of the best stadiums in the country, and have yet to realise is potential or make it what it should be. we cant do that yet, as in this league we cant fill it ever, as the only potential game to fill it is against Rangers. even that cant happen, because tv takes over. However, we have turned a corner, and this team look as if they will take us up. their last three match performances have been top drawer and they have an arrogance about them now. very pleasing to be at that game today, and see them perform. next game is on astro turf, let's hope John Mc Ginn has the correct footwear because the fans will be there in numbers.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 08:21 PM
I have never considered the "new" Easter Road as a fortress. we built one of the best stadiums in the country, and have yet to realise is potential or make it what it should be. we cant do that yet, as in this league we cant fill it ever, as the only potential game to fill it is against Rangers. even that cant happen, because tv takes over. However, we have turned a corner, and this team look as if they will take us up. their last three match performances have been top drawer and they have an arrogance about them now. very pleasing to be at that game today, and see them perform. next game is on astro turf, let's hope John Mc Ginn has the correct footwear because the fans will be there in numbers.

I think we're at home against Livingston next.

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 08:23 PM

This league is very much wide open now and we can win it.:agree:If we win our next six games (a big ask ,I know) we will win the league, because THE Rangers will drop points over the next six, apart from losing to us :greengrin

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 08:29 PM
I think we're at home against Livingston next.are you entirely sure?

HappyAsHellas
07-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Thought it was Alloa away?

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Thought it was Alloa away?It is. the Livi game was postponed.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Thought it was Alloa away?

Not sure what this post is in response to but if it's referring to our next fixture, it's Livingston at home, a week on Tuesday.

It was originally supposed to be next Saturday but it was rearranged as Cummings, McGinn and Henderson are away with Scotland under-21s.

Hiber-nation
07-11-2015, 08:34 PM
It is. the Livi game was postponed.

Next up is Livi at home, Tues 17th :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:35 PM
It is. the Livi game was postponed.

It was postponed but it's been rearranged for three days later so it's still before the Alloa game.

Borderhibbie76
07-11-2015, 10:33 PM
My St Mirren supporting mate (I know shame) just text to say how impressed he was with us..he says we were frightening going forward and records we are a much better team than the huns...good to hear from a neutral

monktonharp
07-11-2015, 10:41 PM
I think we're at home against Livingston next. I stand corrected, m'lord

Andy74
07-11-2015, 10:58 PM
They've had an unbelievable start and we are only 5 behind having played the most difficult teams in the league away.

I think we have a strong squad.

It's very open. 5 points can be turned round in two weeks.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 11:08 PM
They've had an unbelievable start and we are only 5 behind having played the most difficult teams in the league away.

I think we have a strong squad.

It's very open. 5 points can be turned round in two weeks.

:agree: I firmly believe that this squad of players is capable of winning this league.

We have come through an absolutely massive week, which has seen us play three matches in six days, and we've come out of them with six points, progression to the semi finals of the League Cup, scoring nine goals in the process from five different players and only losing two goals, one of which was an own goal.

If we can keep up this form, I am extremely confident that we can beat Sevco to the title.

GreenCastle
08-11-2015, 12:27 AM
There finally seems a belief in the squad and more and more fans that we can win the league or go up through playoffs. Hopefully the first as that would be pretty sweet over taking sevco.