PDA

View Full Version : No firepower or goalscorer

AngusHibby
07-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Just remembered this article from our friends at the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33732037 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33732037)

Cummings 7 in 7 and a hat trick for Keatings today. Aye, right enough no firepower or goalscorer

Stevie Reid
07-11-2015, 05:30 PM
Just remembered this article from our friends at the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33732037 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33732037)

Cummings 7 in 7 and a hat trick for Keatings today. Aye, right enough no firepower or goalscorer

Remember it well. I also remember posting the respective goals/appearance stats of Malonga, Cummings and Keatings at that time, which made the statement look ridiculous.

Needless to say, it looks even more ridiculous now:

Tyler Durden
07-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Remember it well. I also remember posting the respective goals/appearance stats of Malonga, Cummings and Keatings at that time, which made the statement look ridiculous.

What does Cummings have now, 13 in all comps?

He could realistically hit 20 by Xmas. Wonder when that last happened?

AngusHibby
07-11-2015, 05:43 PM
What does Cummings have now, 13 in all comps?

He could realistically hit 20 by Xmas. Wonder when that last happened?
13 is correct. 37 in 53 are his career stats, astounding really

Keith_M
07-11-2015, 05:50 PM
13 is correct. 37 in 53 are his career stats, astounding really

:agree:

Especially amazing considering how young he is

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-11-2015, 05:57 PM
I wonder if HESSENHIBEE has read this thread?

Beefster
07-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Some posters' ability to remember trivia as part of holding a grudge never ceases to amaze me. We are going great guns, I just enjoy it rather than go hunting for someone to say GIRFUY for possibly doubting us.

hibsbollah
07-11-2015, 06:01 PM
IIRC his strike rate was quite poor in the early days under Butcher as well, which makes 37 in 53 even more remarkable.

Andy74
07-11-2015, 06:05 PM
IIRC his strike rate was quite poor in the early days under Butcher as well, which makes 37 in 53 even more remarkable.

Yeah you can probably discount the first ten or so.

AngusHibby
07-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Some posters' ability to remember trivia as part of holding a grudge never ceases to amaze me. We are going great guns, I just enjoy it rather than go hunting for someone to say GIRFUY for possibly doubting us.
Just thought they were quite memorable statements tbh.

Mibbes Aye
07-11-2015, 06:10 PM

I think Cummings is great but there's no way he has scored 37 goals in 53 games. He's maybe made 53 starts but he's certainly played more games than that.

Whatever his goal/game ratio is, I'll bet it's impressive. We need to enjoy him because at some point somebody is going to offer us good money for him and we're not going to be able to turn it down.

Stevie Reid
07-11-2015, 06:11 PM
His first season for us he scored 2 in 18 appearances - his first goals coming in the first leg of the playoff.

Stevie Reid
07-11-2015, 06:13 PM
His current stats are here:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=71941&season_id=145

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 07:47 PM
The guy also thought Scotland would end up 2nd in the Euro 2016 qualification group and that turned out to be a lot of pish as well.

Oscar T Grouch
07-11-2015, 07:51 PM
I wonder if HESSENHIBEE has read this thread?

Nah he's a grade a troll, he drops a cr@p and leaves it for everyone else to smell. He should be ejected as an undercover yam.

hibsbollah
07-11-2015, 07:52 PM
His first season for us he scored 2 in 18 appearances - his first goals coming in the first leg of the playoff.

That sounds right. He was widely written off by a lot of people; i remember sitting in the stand at Hamilton when his long range drive went in and there was as much surprise as delight.

jgl07
07-11-2015, 08:06 PM

The comment was by Richard Wilson. He sounds more like Victor Meldrew!

The Green Goblin
07-11-2015, 08:12 PM

I know what you mean, but if someone dishes crap at us, we are entitled to throw it back at them. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 08:19 PM
I know what you mean, but if someone dishes crap at us, we are entitled to throw it back at them. :greengrin

Yep.

Hibs have been an easy target, admittedly deserved at times, for the media in recent years. I'm quite enjoying the way we have quietly rebuilt and are answering their criticisms and then some.

Northernhibee
07-11-2015, 08:43 PM
TBH the constant whining of "the whole media is against us, wah wah wah" on the main forum is getting a bit tiresome. Did anyone really expect us to be as good as we've been directly after that Sevco game in the Petrofac cup?

It's all too similar of the stuff you read on Old Firm forums and Sickbag.

AngusHibby
07-11-2015, 09:09 PM
TBH the constant whining of "the whole media is against us, wah wah wah" on the main forum is getting a bit tiresome. Did anyone really expect us to be as good as we've been directly after that Sevco game in the Petrofac cup?

I didn't expect us to be this good, but I didn't expect them to write off three proven strikers for lack of firepower. Certainly didn't think we'd be short of goals this season which has been the case. People suggesting other posters are whining for no reason is equally tiresome I guess :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-11-2015, 09:13 PM

Dinnae read them then, then you'll only need to put up with it on here.

FranckSuzy
07-11-2015, 09:20 PM
The guy also thought Scotland would end up 2nd in the Euro 2016 qualification group and that turned out to be a lot of pish as well.

:faf: :top marks

theonlywayisup
07-11-2015, 09:26 PM

So he's got 37 goals from 53, but only 2 goals in his first 18.

So if my maths is correct, is that 35 goals in his last 35 games. Or 37 goals in his last 37 games.

Wow!!

BIGK
07-11-2015, 09:46 PM
So he's got 37 goals from 53, but only 2 goals in his first 18.

So if my maths is correct, is that 35 goals in his last 35 games. Or 37 goals in his last 37 games.

Wow!!

26 goals in his 61 league apperances according to soccer base website. Dosen't sound right, that would mean he only got 13 last season. was sure he got more than that.

Libby Hibby
07-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Where is purple&green when you need some correct Hibs stat info?

Jonnyboy
07-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Where is purple&green when you need some correct Hibs stat info?

Just today's to add

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6642

Purple & Green
07-11-2015, 10:02 PM
I'll update it shortly, and he didn't score in his first 16 games. Cracking record.

hibsbollah
07-11-2015, 10:35 PM
I think Cummings is great but there's no way he has scored 37 goals in 53 games. He's maybe made 53 starts but he's certainly played more games than that.

Whatever his goal/game ratio is, I'll bet it's impressive. We need to enjoy him because at some point somebody is going to offer us good money for him and we're not going to be able to turn it down.

I was only quoting the previous poster, no idea what his career stats are really mate...

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 10:46 PM

He's scored 34 goals in 77 career appearances.

Still not a bad return for a 20 year old. I would love to see how he does in the Premiership.

Onceinawhile
07-11-2015, 11:37 PM
He's scored 34 goals in 77 career appearances.

Still not a bad return for a 20 year old. I would love to see how he does in the Premiership.

So without the first 16 that's 34 in 61.

Pretty impressive.

Onion
07-11-2015, 11:58 PM
Don't need stats to show JC's a player who's improved immensly over the last 12 months. When he was asked by Stubbs to lead the line last season, it was a big ask for such a young, inexperienced player. He did amazingly well under the circs but got little credit from many Hibs fans. This season, he's starting to get support and service and proving just what a dynamite striker he is.

IMO his whole attitude sums up everything Hibs have NOT been for the last 8 years - confident, successful, dynamic. Much more Dempster than Petrie. Some players are worth more than the jersey they wear and Cummings is one of them. He's a breath of fresh air at ER.

Just Alf
08-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Don't need stats to show JC's a player who's improved immensly over the last 12 months. When he was asked by Stubbs to lead the line last season, it was a big ask for such a young, inexperienced player. He did amazingly well under the circs but got little credit from many Hibs fans. This season, he's starting to get support and service and proving just what a dynamite striker he is.

IMO his whole attitude sums up everything Hibs have NOT been for the last 8 years - confident, successful, dynamic. Much more Dempster than Petrie. Some players are worth more than the jersey they wear and Cummings is one of them. He's a breath of fresh air at ER.

:top marks

Mibbes Aye
08-11-2015, 07:00 PM
I was only quoting the previous poster, no idea what his career stats are really mate...

:agree: Wasn't really meant at you, the point you did make, that he's come onto a game under Stubbs, I completely agree with.