PDA

View Full Version : The unofficial Match Day Thread for Weather Breakfast Fashion Travel Trivia ETC

Ronniekirk
07-11-2015, 08:20 AM
I will start with the Bad News .Its been pouring with rain all night and still is and the forecast is heavy ( and I mean heavy duty ) rain all day .St Mirrens ground has form for not coping with this so don't be expecting a free flowing game of football in these conditions.Wonder if this will change Stubbs Selectiion. Players will need to get the right boots on or will be slipping all over the place .

It's typical Fireworks weather and won't be the first time Paisley has had to Pospone the Fireworks Event due to bad weather.

A Chocolate pastry and some ginger herbal tea for me today .
Hope to meet up with Alf Tupper in the Last Post but he is a Master of Disguises and not an easy man to find .Any one else from West of Scotland meets , there is open Invitation to the Last Post for Pre Match Drinks and you don't need to walk to the ground just pop back into the Station and short train Journey to St James and you are there .
The weather determines fashion ,Timberland Boots ,soft Grey Levis , Black Hibs Training Top, and Mountain Wear jacket although may opt for Trespass heavy Waterproof one instead

Silver it's not quite Cowdenbeath ,and at least we are under cover .

On the plus side ,Silver and Hibs are on a roll ,so let's not let the the Weather dampen our Spirits.
We will need to adapt to the conditions ,and it probably gives them better opportunity but can't see Goodwin lasting 90'minutes in these conditions .

So Moan The Hibees ,Its Heading for a Sell Out of Away end ,but we will get half of the other Stand so Walk up s can still buy tickets at the Ticket Office behind the North Stand . :gwa:

weather could disrupt Travel ,and Rangers at home always makes travelling through glasgow horrendous ,with Tailbacks at best of times ,so if you can give yourself plenty time for safe journey .

Hibees Hibees Hibees
:flag: :flag: :flag:

Ps can an admin change the word March to Match in the Title don't seem to be able to do this

Sammy7nil
07-11-2015, 08:23 AM
It is only November :wink:

Moulin Yarns
07-11-2015, 08:24 AM
It is only November :wink:

I was wondering what the protest was? Different minds!

Golden Bear
07-11-2015, 08:45 AM
Will today's weather trigger Chick Young's incessant campaign for summer fitba'? (Chick doesn't accept that it rains in the summer)

Will our Players be clad in John Madsen style baseball boots to cope with the vagaries of the playing surface?

ALF TUPPER
07-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Chuckin it down in Paisley. Bring your wellies. Or? If you prefer, adopt Ronnie's designer fashion-wear tips for the day.

See you in Feegie Folks !! 😀

southsider
07-11-2015, 08:51 AM
We are getting 12.25 train from Central, Ronnie. See you in the Last Post. You will spot us I hope. White trainers, levi's and olive bum-freezer jacket. She is a pretty wee brunette with a tan leather jacket. Scarfs in her bag.

PatHead
07-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Pulled a wee flanker as my son can't make the game and a pass was in doubt from the Missus. Asked her if she fancied going shopping at Braehead today? When she said yes I said I might as well go to the football then as it is nearby. Learnt something from 28 years of marriage eh!

Looking forward to it and thanks to Ronnie have got a decent waterproof coat and hill walking trainers laid out.

Fancy a 2-1 win but won't be easy.

Ronniekirk
07-11-2015, 09:07 AM
We are getting 12.25 train from Central, Ronnie. See you in the Last Post. You will spot us I hope. White trainers, levi's and olive bum-freezer jacket. She is a pretty wee brunette with a tan leather jacket. Scarfs in her bag.

Should manage to pick you out from that description cheers. Might be nearer one before I get there , not brining my wife today, so need to do the household chores first lol :confused:

Ronniekirk
07-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Chuckin it down in Paisley. Bring your wellies. Or? If you prefer, adopt Ronnie's designer fashion-wear tips for the day.

See you in Feegie Folks !! 

Are you not heading to the Last Post first ?

Diclonius
07-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Rain and fog in Falkirk. Going to be a fun drive. Is there parking near the ground?

Lee Marvin
07-11-2015, 09:35 AM
Any danger of game being called off?

Ronniekirk
07-11-2015, 10:06 AM

The rain hasn't stopped but not as heavy at present Just checked and it's still on

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Enjoyed a chicken curry pie and a mince pie for breakfast. Bus from Calder Road, couple of pre game refreshments then hopefully a comfortable Hibs victory roared on by a packed away end.

It's what Saturdays are all about.

ALF TUPPER
07-11-2015, 10:30 AM

I wondered that too. In Paisley the noo, still raining. St Mirren's Tam McCourt wannabe will be busy I reckon,

Vini1875
07-11-2015, 10:32 AM
Wee song for the day.

Tune: she'll be coming round the mountain.

We love that laddie, John McGinn
Singing we love the laddie John McGinn
Singing we love that laddie
Cos he's a ****ing maddie
We love that laddie John McGinn

Billy Whizz
07-11-2015, 10:43 AM
I wondered that too. In Paisley the noo, still raining. St Mirren's Tam McCourt wannabe will be busy I reckon,

If be very surprised, it's an open ground and the wind should blow most of the water away

Oscar T Grouch
07-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Sitting in a hotel in Gretna trying to get my kilt on (Hibs tartan of course👍🏻). Wee cousins getting married. Looking forward to getting updates on the official math thread today as I don't think I'll get away with listening to the radio.

Aldo
07-11-2015, 11:06 AM
I will start with the Bad News .Its been pouring with rain all night and still is and the forecast is heavy ( and I mean heavy duty ) rain all day .St Mirrens ground has form for not coping with this so don't be expecting a free flowing game of football in these conditions.Wonder if this will change Stubbs Selectiion. Players will need to get the right boots on or will be slipping all over the place . It's typical Fireworks weather and won't be the first time Paisley has had to Pospone the Fireworks Event due to bad weather. A Chocolate pastry and some ginger herbal tea for me today . Hope to meet up with Alf Tupper in the Last Post but he is a Master of Disguises and not an easy man to find .Any one else from West of Scotland meets , there is open Invitation to the Last Post for Pre Match Drinks and you don't need to walk to the ground just pop back into the Station and short train Journey to St James and you are there . The weather determines fashion ,Timberland Boots ,soft Grey Levis , Black Hibs Training Top, and Mountain Wear jacket although may opt for Trespass heavy Waterproof one instead Silver it's not quite Cowdenbeath ,and at least we are under cover . On the plus side ,Silver and Hibs are on a roll ,so let's not let the the Weather dampen our Spirits. We will need to adapt to the conditions ,and it probably gives them better opportunity but can't see Goodwin lasting 90'minutes in these conditions . So Moan The Hibees ,Its Heading for a Sell Out of Away end ,but we will get half of the other Stand so Walk up s can still buy tickets at the Ticket Office behind the North Stand . :gwa: weather could disrupt Travel ,and Rangers at home always makes travelling through glasgow horrendous ,with Tailbacks at best of times ,so if you can give yourself plenty time for safe journey . Hibees Hibees Hibees :flag: :flag: :flag: Ps can an admin change the word March to Match in the Title don't seem to be able to do this

The sun is just rising here in Manhattan with the temperature to reach a high of 18 degrees. Looks like it's going to be a cracker. It's only 7 am here and big decision will be what to wear on my first full day.

Breakfast will consist of pancakes, 2 eggs over easy and a side of bacon. Syrup and butter to also accompany the dish. Washed down with IJ and a couple of cups of strong black coffee.

As for he game, hard hard game today for me however hoping our run continues do in saying
1-3 Hibs.

Keith_M
07-11-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm currently sitting on my couch suffering from Flu. The weather outside is reasonably warm, dry and a bit overcast. As I have no intention of going out, my current attire is baggy T-Shirt and comfortable trousers.

I have Lemsip, cough sweets and lots of tissues close at hand and hope for a Hibs win to cheer me up.

Moan the Hibs.

Keith_M
07-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Sitting in a hotel in Gretna trying to get my kilt on (Hibs tartan of course). Wee cousins getting married. Looking forward to getting updates on the official math thread today as I don't think I'll get away with listening to the radio.

SteveHFC
07-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Sitting in a hotel in Gretna trying to get my kilt on (Hibs tartan of course👍🏻). Wee cousins getting married. Looking forward to getting updates on the official math thread today as I don't think I'll get away with listening to the radio.

Who gets married in November. Disgraceful. ;-)

SteveHFC
07-11-2015, 11:30 AM
I'm currently sitting on my couch suffering from Flu. The weather outside is reasonably warm, dry and a bit overcast. As I have no intention of going out, my current attire is baggy T-Shirt and comfortable trousers.

I have Lemsip, cough sweets and lots of tissues close at hand and hope for a Hibs win to cheer me up.

Moan the Hibs.

Got a blocked nose and I'm still going to the game. Luckily I have a few tissues for entertainment and flu reasons.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Sitting on the 12.15 train, cold, wet and surrounded by Huns - can only get better.

kaimendhibs
07-11-2015, 11:38 AM
Sitting on the train at Carstairs

mutley
07-11-2015, 11:59 AM
It's still hot and humid here in the Middle East, not looking forward to coming back to the dreich Scottish winter weather. On a plus not for me, the last few weeks I have missed the first half due to the time I finish work, but the extra hour means I'll get the whole game this week (either on Hibs TV or St Mirrens if they do pay per view?). With less than 3 weeks left of this Tour, I'll finally get to use this years ST................I'll be the sandblasted/suntanned one in the East Stand.

Truely gutted I have missed some fantastic perfomances this season, but I hope that it will continue long after I'm back.

Today I'll go for a 3-1 Hibs win....Confidence is high.

GGTTH

Golden Bear
07-11-2015, 12:04 PM
Sitting on the train at Carstairs

Now that's a scary place!

Cod Boy
07-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Now that's a scary place!

one change from Wednesday McGregor in for Fontaine

SaulGoodman
07-11-2015, 01:19 PM
@HibsOfficial: #Hibs starting line-up: Oxley, Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGinn, Henderson, Keatings, Malonga, Cummings

SaulGoodman
07-11-2015, 01:20 PM
@HibsOfficial: #Hibs substitutes: Reguero, Fontaine, Bartley, El Alagui, Boyle, Feruz, Carmichael

Ronniekirk
07-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Brief update The weather is dry and calm but it's raining goals Moan The Hibees