PDA

View Full Version : No strike force

Bostonhibby
07-11-2015, 12:41 AM
A topical debate recently so I wondered, if you deduct their usual penalty awards how potent has the yam strike force been this season?

green day
07-11-2015, 07:30 AM
A topical debate recently so I wondered, if you deduct their usual penalty awards how potent has the yam strike force been this season?

Interesting question.

I think the boy Juanma leads their line well, grabs a few goals and is strong enough to give defenders big problems.

However, take him away and they are a bit toothless - I don't rate Sow at that level.

What they do have though is players chipping in from different positions (like us on Wednesday) and players with speed and skill hitting the box - hence all the penalties.

On a related note, prize chump or not, Der Hun striker Waghorn is a right handful too. I said to my dad on Sunday that a player like him would add something to any team.

Geo_1875
07-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Interesting question.

I think the boy Juanma leads their line well, grabs a few goals and is strong enough to give defenders big problems.

However, take him away and they are a bit toothless - I don't rate Sow at that level. If he was playing for Falkirk or Raith Rovers he wouldn't get half the attention he does at The Rangers.

What they do have though is players chipping in from different positions (like us on Wednesday) and players with speed and skill hitting the box - hence all the penalties.

On a related note, prize chump or not, Der Hun striker Waghorn is a right handful too. I said to my dad on Sunday that a player like him would add something to any team.

Waghorn is nothing special, just a decent striker at Scottish Championship level.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2015, 09:07 AM
Waghorn is nothing special, just a decent striker at Scottish Championship level.

You could say he flopped down here. He's not even a good diver.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Interesting question.

However, take him away and they are a bit toothless - I don't rate Sow at that level.

Juanma's the guy that usually gets them their penalty every game,

As you say a bit toothless - tried to get into yackback to post exactly the same question about them as seems to have found its way onto here but have been unable to - guess they have found me out:na na:

oneone73
07-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Juanma's the guy that usually gets them their penalty every game,

As you say a bit toothless - tried to get into yackback to post exactly the same question about them as seems to have found its way onto here but have been unable to - guess they have found me out:na na:
Isn't there something Admins could put in thread titles for those of us who don't want to click on yet another Yam thread?
I thought we'd suddenly had an injury crisis.

Edit: Just seen the earlier closed thread. Oh well. Oops

MSK
07-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Isn't there something Admins could put in thread titles for those of us who don't want to click on yet another Yam thread?
I thought we'd suddenly had an injury crisis.The op can also edit the thread title 👍

Bostonhibby
07-11-2015, 09:38 AM
The op can also edit the thread title 👍
Happy for it to close now. Just a riposte to the earlier thread of the same title.