PDA

View Full Version : Bring on St Mirren

Billy Whizz
06-11-2015, 07:23 PM
It's been a great week, some great goals and 2 fantastic wins. Looks like the green and white army are likely to roll up in large numbers again tomorrow.
Any early teams news re fitness of McGinn, McGeough or Bartley (was he injured or rested on Wednesday).
Can anyone remember our staring 11 against St Mirren at Easter Rd last time around?

HibbyAndy
06-11-2015, 07:26 PM
It's been a great week, some great goals and 2 fantastic wins. Looks like the green and white army are likely to roll up in large numbers again tomorrow.
Any early teams news re fitness of McGinn, McGeough or Bartley (was he injured or rested on Wednesday).
Can anyone remember our staring 11 against St Mirren at Easter Rd last time around?

I can remember Jamie Langfield time wasting after 20 minutes !! Also that thug with the grey hair kicking Mcginn and should have saw red

ano hibby
06-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Where did you pick up McGinn has a fitness issue Billy?
Hope not. He has played a lot of football & also has Scotland u21 coming up.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Where did you pick up McGinn has a fitness issue Billy?
Hope not. He has played a lot of football & also has Scotland u21 coming up.

Just thought when he went off early on Wednesday, that maybe he'd picked up a wee knock. Stubbs did say it was fatigue, but wasn't sure if he was covering up an injury, I hope not

bingo70
06-11-2015, 07:39 PM
I can remember Jamie Langfield time wasting after 20 minutes !! Also that thug with the grey hair kicking Mcginn and should have saw red

Goodwin is a hugely unpopular figure and I totally get why, he's certainly not a good player but my concern is he's actually quite effective when it comes to winding people up and turning the game into a scrap. He seems to have the ability to get teams to try and lower themselves to his level.

Its an absolute stick on he'll hammer somebody early on, my guess will be Mcginn, how we react after that could well determine how the game pans out.

The Sundance Kid
06-11-2015, 07:39 PM

Oxley, Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, Bartley, McGeouch, McGinn, Henderson, Boyle and Cummings was the line up last time we played them

Ronniekirk
06-11-2015, 07:41 PM

I will have the red carpet out for you in Paisley Billy .Sure Stubbs said after Wednesday's game Mcgeoch was out of this one ,there was no mention of Bartley which in itself was strange so wonder if he has picked up an injury or was ill ? he said the way McGinn plays he was exhausted ,so assume he will have
had some rest and light training ,as he will want him in the team ,but he may struggle to last the 90 minutes .
They will believe they can take something from the game given the draw at Easter road and the arrival of Miller .
I hope we don't become the first team they beat this season at home , and do think it will be more difficult game than some think
But if we don't have a number of players feeling fatigue and use the squad and subs we should just squeeze this one and keep the feel good factor going

Billy Whizz
06-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Oxley, Gray, Hanlon, Fontaine, Stevenson, Bartley, McGeouch, McGinn, Henderson, Boyle and Cummings was the line up last time we played them

Thanks, so we'll have at least a couple of changes from that day. 1st goal will be crucial, last game they scored early and had something to hold onto

ahibby
06-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Bring on any Scottish team at the moment.

erin go bragh
06-11-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm just hoping our performance doesn't drop like the last time we played them after the Sheep cup game . We owe them one for they 2 dropped points .

GGTTH

monktonharp
06-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Goodwin is a hugely unpopular figure and I totally get why, he's certainly not a good player but my concern is he's actually quite effective when it comes to winding people up and turning the game into a scrap. He seems to have the ability to get teams to try and lower themselves to his level.

Its an absolute stick on he'll hammer somebody early on, my guess will be Mcginn, how we react after that could well determine how the game pans out.Goodwin is an animal, whenever he puts a pair of fitba' boots on. I think he would not even care, if the boots were on the wrong feet, as he certainly isnae a fitba' player

IrnBru22
06-11-2015, 08:46 PM
said on the news earlier that there is no new injuries. McGinn was taken off midweek to give him a rest

Golden Bear
06-11-2015, 08:49 PM
It's only about 6 weeks since we last played St Mirren, looks like the fixture computer has blown a fuse again!

iwasthere1972
06-11-2015, 08:54 PM
This was our starting eleven when we last played them in Paisley.

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Tudur Jones booked at 55 minutes (substituted for Watmore at 70 minutes')
Forster booked at 91 minutes
Nelson
Harris
Thomson booked at 68 minutes
Haynes
Collins (substituted for Cummings at 57 minutes')
Stanton

What a comparison to now.

Ronniekirk
06-11-2015, 09:01 PM

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Tudur Jones booked at 55 minutes (substituted for Watmore at 70 minutes')Forster booked at 91 minutes
Nelson
Harris
Haynes
Stanton

Night and day Stevenson was one of our better players that day and Cummings has improved by a country mile since that game

iwasthere1972
06-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Night and day Stevenson was one of our better players that day and Cummings has improved by a country mile since that game

Goodwin got red carded that day so more of the same please.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2015, 09:07 PM

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Tudur Jones booked at 55 minutes (substituted for Watmore at 70 minutes')Forster booked at 91 minutes
Nelson
Harris
Haynes
Stanton

It actually makes me ill to look at some of the names in that line up.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2015, 09:09 PM

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Nelson
Harris
Haynes
Stanton

God, I was there, and we lost a goal inside the 1st minute

IrnBru22
06-11-2015, 09:10 PM

Nelson, maybury, haynes, tudor-jones :bitchy::rolleyes:

edit: how did i forget collins lol

iwasthere1972
06-11-2015, 09:12 PM

Apart from the Butcher/Malpas factor, it's no surprise that we got relegated looking at that team.

Stuarty27
06-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Anybody know how many tickets we sold?

Sir David Gray
06-11-2015, 09:13 PM

:agree: 13 seconds.

At least it took away the pressure of losing an early goal though.

God knows what might have happened if we had kept it at 0-0 for a bit longer.

iwasthere1972
06-11-2015, 09:14 PM

Well it took away the fear of losing an early goal. :wink:

I was there as well. What a crappy day that was.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Apart from the Butcher/Malpas factor, it's no surprise that we got relegated looking at that team.

Yep. We really did sign some poor players over that period of time.

Ronniekirk
06-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Goodwin got red carded that day so more of the same please.

They could of gone down to 8 men and we wouldn't of managed to do anything How times have changed for us for the better Goodwin has t changed and will be interesting how he copes with Jason's pace

Billy Whizz
06-11-2015, 09:22 PM
They could of gone down to 8 men and we wouldn't of managed to do anything How times have changed for us for the better Goodwin has t changed and will be interesting how he copes with Jason's pace

Think he's playing in midfield now Ronnie, hopefully he's trying to chase Keatings tomorrow

IrnBru22
06-11-2015, 09:23 PM
St Mirren had 2 players sent off last week against Falkirk but one of them got downgraded to a yellow on appeal.

Ronniekirk
06-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Think he's playing in midfield now Ronnie, hopefully he's trying to chase Keatings tomorrow

Even with Watson out , Saw him play for them against Raith and he had a poor game as did langfield

JimBHibees
06-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Get our shooting boots on and shots on goal as Langfield is murder.

CRAZYHIBBY
06-11-2015, 11:00 PM
With all the hype recently we will look pretty stupid if we don't win

poolman
06-11-2015, 11:01 PM

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Nelson
Harris
Haynes
Stanton

Wow, that team would look more at home at Inverleith Park on a Saturday

hibsbollah
06-11-2015, 11:07 PM

See, this is the sort of talk i hate.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2015, 11:22 PM

Why?

We have done well recently and we have deserved the plaudits that we have received.

But no team can win every single week, we proved that last week against Sevco.

I am confident that we can win tomorrow and if we play anywhere near our best then I'm sure that we will win but we'll hardly look stupid if we don't win.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2015, 10:38 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34731140

St Mirren defender Jack Baird has had his red card against Falkirk downgraded to a booking.
However, team-mate Craig Reid must serve a one-match ban for his ordering off in the same game.

no matter, we can still beat them :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
07-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Wow, that team would look more at home at Inverleith Park on a SaturdayNot really, Thomson, Williams, Stevenson, Stanton, Forster and even Maybury were/are all good players. Add Hanlon Craig and Robertson and the team isn't that bad. Problem was we had no goalscorer and a horrible horrible manager.

WeeRussell
07-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Sketch with tickets today? :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Goodwin is both their strongest and weakest link. Needling thug who will get players sent off if they take the bait, but will get himself sent off if they don't.

WeeRussell
07-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Goodwin is both their strongest and weakest link. Needling thug who will get players sent off if they take the bait, but will get himself sent off if they don't.

I'll be surprised and annoyed if our midfield don't take the pi out of that clown today.

hibs0666
07-11-2015, 06:52 PM
I'll be surprised and annoyed if our midfield don't take the pi out of that clown today.

He went off in the huff at full time, or maybe he was just dizzy after getting the 90 minute runaround.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Williams
Maybury
Stevenson
Nelson
Harris
Haynes
Stanton

For any of you who didn't see this last night, Jesus what a team that was, and I think Mcgivern was injured too

Hibby70
07-11-2015, 07:46 PM
For any of you who didn't see this last night, Jesus what a team that was, and I think Mcgivern was injured too

My lasting memory from that game was Haynes trying to gee the fans up at a corner and promptly receiving verbals in return.

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Not really, Thomson, Williams, Stevenson, Stanton, Forster and even Maybury were/are all good players. Add Hanlon Craig and Robertson and the team isn't that bad. Problem was we had no goalscorer and a horrible horrible manager.

None of those players (with the obvious exception of Lewis Stevenson and probably Ben Williams) would get onto our bench now, never mind a place in our starting 11.

hfc rd
07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
None of those players (with the obvious exception of Lewis Stevenson and probably Ben Williams) would get onto our bench now, never mind a place in our starting 11.

Hanlon is our 1st choice CB?

Sir David Gray
07-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Hanlon is our 1st choice CB?

Hanlon didn't play in that match as he was injured.

I was specifically talking about the players who played in that match.