PDA

View Full Version : Join HSL by 20 November for Loyalty points

Hibbyradge
06-11-2015, 03:10 PM
This might be particularly useful for non-season ticket holders who haven't joined yet, but might want to increase their chances of cup tickets etc.

Everyone who has made at least three payments to HSL by 31st January 2016 will have 100 loyalty points added to their account on 2nd February.

If you join before 20 November, you can achieve that (it takes a week or so before the first payment comes off your account so don't wait any later).

Season ticket holders still get priority, but HSL members will be up the pecking order a bit.

That's too late for the semi-final, but the final is in March and you just never know...

http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

Kojock
06-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Not wanting to start a debate here but if you pay the minimum per month which is £5, it means that for £15 you get 100 loyalty points, is that fair? What happens if cancel your DD after that, will your points be deducted ??

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Not wanting to start a debate here but if you pay the minimum per month which is £5, it means that for £15 you get 100 loyalty points, is that fair? What happens if cancel your DD after that, will your points be deducted ??

No

green day
07-11-2015, 06:19 AM

No, but you are over thinking it. 😁

Carheenlea
07-11-2015, 07:05 AM
I don`t agree with this.

I`ve got my loyalty points through buying a season ticket and buying tickets for away games. I`m also a subscriber to HSL but to get 100 more points for that defeats the whole purpose of the Loyalty Scheme in my opinion. I believe Loyalty Points should only be attained by attending games.

What will be next? A hundred points if you have over 5000 posts on Hibs.net..?

Ray_
07-11-2015, 08:25 AM
I don`t agree with this.

I`ve got my loyalty points through buying a season ticket and buying tickets for away games. I`m also a subscriber to HSL but to get 100 more points for that defeats the whole purpose of the Loyalty Scheme in my opinion. I believe Loyalty Points should only be attained by attending games.

What will be next? A hundred points if you have over 5000 posts on Hibs.net..?

Why does it bother you?

Highly active supporters such as you would have already accumulated so many points that the 100 given to HSL member wouldn't have any affect on what you can get for your already accrued stake holding.

Without having to scrutinise hibs attendances in recent years, anything that will encourage people to pay cash in to hibs and feel a part of the club, to me, that can only be a good thing and for the "true" fans, if you think about it, it isn't really going to have any affect on them.

Kojock
07-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Why does it bother you?

Highly active supporters such as you would have already accumulated so many points that the 100 given to HSL member wouldn't have any affect on what you can get for your already accrued stake holding.

Without having to scrutinise hibs attendances in recent years, anything that will encourage people to pay cash in to hibs and feel a part of the club, to me, that can only be a good thing and for the "true" fans, if you think about it, it isn't really going to have any affect on them.

For a supporter to accrue 100 points they would have to attend at least 20 away games, spending a small fortune in the process. So to be able to gain 100 points for spending £15 seems unfair to me.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2015, 09:32 AM
For a supporter to accrue 100 points they would have to attend at least 20 away games, spending a small fortune in the process. So to be able to gain 100 points for spending £15 seems unfair to me.

I'm with you on this, my dad who's 76 goes to every game home and away, he also goes to most home and some away development games. This will push him down the pecking order for tickets, a bit unfair. Also unfair on Hibs fans who go home and away, but may be tight for cash

Gatecrasher
07-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Loyalty points are a promotion tool and are being used as such.

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Ive just signed up.

Jack
07-11-2015, 10:12 AM

I'm with you on this, my dad who's 76 goes to every game home and away, he also goes to most home and some away development games. This will push him down the pecking order for tickets, a bit unfair. Also unfair on Hibs fans who go home and away, but may be tight for cash

I'm not trying to knock either of you on this. Can I ask, anybody, how many supporters do you think would jump the ticket queue who already go home and away by spending £15? Or even if they signed up forever.

I honestly can't see there ever being a time when regular supporters won't get a ticket for Easter Road or Hampden. I can't see home only supporters all of a sudden going to away games just because they have the points.

The home and away guys will have points out of sight of most supporters.

I can see irregular supporters getting tickets for big matches with a certain degree of security, but that will only be ahead of those who don't put anything into the club, folk who only see Hibs live at Hampden.

I think you're Dad's tickets are safe Billy :-)

Hibbyradge
07-11-2015, 03:59 PM
I'm not trying to knock either of you on this. Can I ask, anybody, how many supporters do you think would jump the ticket queue who already go home and away by spending £15? Or even if they signed up forever.

I honestly can't see there ever being a time when regular supporters won't get a ticket for Easter Road or Hampden. I can't see home only supporters all of a sudden going to away games just because they have the points.

The home and away guys will have points out of sight of most supporters.

I can see irregular supporters getting tickets for big matches with a certain degree of security, but that will only be ahead of those who don't put anything into the club, folk who only see Hibs live at Hampden.

I think you're Dad's tickets are safe Billy :-)

That's my take on it.

If a couple of folk take advantage of the scheme, so be it. There may be nothing in it for them anyway.

Most people, if not all, will sign up for the longer term because they'll want full membership.

It's a good idea.

Robinho08
07-11-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't get to nearly enough games, so I've signed up. #GGTTH

JHFC
07-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Just a thought and not related to hibs whatsoever but as I have signed up to the monthly DD scheme with this help improve my credit rating?

lord bunberry
07-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Just a thought and not related to hibs whatsoever but as I have signed up to the monthly DD scheme with this help improve my credit rating?
No it's not a credit agreement

murray26
07-11-2015, 10:19 PM
I think it's important to encourage as many people as possible to sign up.. The more people that feel involved with the club the better.. I've not signed up yet but planned too and I'm trying to persuade a couple of occasional attenders to do so too..

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2015, 11:03 PM
£15 gets you 100 points, but shareholder's who bought direct getting nowt as far as I am aware....Superb stuff

Stupid ill thought out idea..........

QMU-1875
08-11-2015, 01:51 PM
Joined yesterday as I finally felt that the momentum was starting to really happen with HSL. Wondering though, I haven't received an email from them to confirm that I will be donating, is this standard?

CentreLine
08-11-2015, 01:54 PM
£15 gets you 100 points, but shareholder's who bought direct getting nowt as far as I am aware....Superb stuff

As. Shareholder I get annual report, copy of the accounts and can attend the club agm as well as feeling I have made an additional contribution to the club. For me it's about supporting the club. Loyalty points? I can live without

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:05 PM

It's about raising capital for the club so it's not stupid.

Maybe new, direct buy shareholders could have been given points too, but to use that omission as precedent for the HSL approach would definitely have been ill thought out and stupid.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Joined yesterday as I finally felt that the momentum was starting to really happen with HSL. Wondering though, I haven't received an email from them to confirm that I will be donating, is this standard?

Did you not get an email saying that Gocardless would be taking cash from your account?

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 02:08 PM
As. Shareholder I get annual report, copy of the accounts and can attend the club agm as well as feeling I have made an additional contribution to the club. For me it's about supporting the club. Loyalty points? I can live without

Not questioning the scheme, questioning why 3 Monthly payments of £5 gets you 100 loyalty points, when the loyalty points scheme was introduced for attendance of matches (as per the section on official website)

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Not questioning the scheme, questioning why 3 Monthly payments of £5 gets you 100 loyalty points, when the loyalty points scheme was introduced for attendance of matches (as per the section on official website)

http://espikipbojonegoro3c.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/carrot130222.jpg

PatHead
08-11-2015, 02:11 PM

Agree with you.

To me it is about saying one group is more important than others.

Leeann admitted it had gone wrong, hope they sort that soon.

BTW I am a shareholder and HSL member.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 02:12 PM
It's about raising capital for the club so it's not stupid.

Maybe new, direct buy shareholders could have been given points too, but to use that omission as precedent for the HSL approach would definitely have been ill thought out and stupid.

Well aware its about raising capital, but it's wrong to offer loyalty points based on this scheme. The mandate originally for HSL was to collect monies and buy shares......

For me it's clear the take up was poor, so the introduction of something was the "marketing". Doesn't sit well with me......

Iggy Pope
08-11-2015, 02:13 PM

A brilliant and honest post.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 02:13 PM
http://espikipbojonegoro3c.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/carrot130222.jpg

Don't get your point?

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Well aware its about raising capital, but it's wrong to offer loyalty points based on this scheme. The mandate originally for HSL was to collect monies and buy shares......

For me it's clear the take up was poor, so the introduction of something was the "marketing". Doesn't sit well with me......

Of course the original purpose of loyalty points was to encourage folk to buy season tickets, but it's the football that sells tickets, not points. Crowds are slowly increasing now and I doubt 5 points per game has anything to do with that.

If the HSL uptake was poor, then something had to be done and I can't think of a better way to get people to part with their cash than giving them something in return.

Even if it's ethereal "loyalty points" which cost the club nothing and will likely be useless to the owner.

It's a superb piece of marketing, in my opinion.

I actually doubt that anyone will donate £5 for 3 months then stop their direct debit. If a handful do, then that's the price to be paid for all the others who have signed up for an ongoing £18.75.

Anyway, if folk don't join HSL by about 20 November, there will be no points to be had, so all the ultra points hoarders will be able to revel once again, in their superiority over the mere mortals. :greengrin.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Of course the original purpose of loyalty points was to encourage folk to buy season tickets, but it's the football that sells tickets, not points. Crowds are slowly increasing now and I doubt 5 points per game has anything to do with that.

If the HSL uptake was poor, then something had to be done and I can't think of a better way to get people to part with their cash than giving them something in return.

Even if it's ethereal "loyalty points" which cost the club nothing and will likely be useless to the owner.

It's a superb piece of marketing, in my opinion.

I actually doubt that anyone will donate £5 for 3 months then stop their direct debit. If a handful do, then that's the price to be paid for all the others who have signed up for an ongoing £18.75.

Anyway, if folk don't join HSL by about 20 November, there will be no points to be had, so all the ultra points hoarders will be able to revel once again, in their superiority over the mere mortals. :greengrin.

Have to agree to disagree then...........

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Don't get your point?

I was trying to say that the reason it was done was as a carrot to get folk to start donating in the knowedge that more will likely follow.

It is a well known tactic to ask for a small, relatively painless, initial commitment in the knowledge that with minimal pressure, it can be increased later.

I realise I'm digressing a bit, but Robert Cialdini has done a lot of celebrated work on persuasion/influence and this wee video helps explain.

If you don't want to watch all 11 minutes, although it's a very interesting video, the piece from about 6.00 minutes is relevant to this. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdCzN7RYbw

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 02:43 PM
i've maybe missed it, but is there a link on here, or is it on the official site ? not interested in all this loyalty p@sh :blah: just interested in giving the club some regular extra dosh :agree:

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 02:46 PM
i've maybe missed it, but is there a link on here, or is it on the official site ? not interested in all this loyalty p@sh :blah: just interested in giving the club some regular extra dosh :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 02:48 PM

Muchas grassyass :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 02:52 PM

That's a fairly dismissive comment, given that a vast number of away game attendees are not pleased at this incentive............

SneakersO'Toole
08-11-2015, 03:22 PM
That's a fairly dismissive comment, given that a vast number of away game attendees are not pleased at this incentive............

Just out of curiosity, in what way will the supporter who attends home and away ever week be disadvantaged by these scheme?

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, in what way will the supporter who attends home and away ever week be disadvantaged by these scheme?

Someone who attends every away game in a season would receive less points than someone who pays into scheme. I'm all for the scheme, just don't agree points should be given.

lucky
08-11-2015, 03:42 PM
The points for joining HSL is a good promotional move by Hibs as it brings money into the club. If anyone who goes Home & Away I'm sure they can afford £1.25 a week to join HSL. As for people who have bought shares I'm sure will recognise this and ensure they get the points too. As for the points system, I'm not sure it will be needed for the majority of games. But it certainly will reward occasional fans over the ones who only go to cup finals buts only if we get to a final.

HH81
08-11-2015, 03:51 PM
I have signed up. Not too fussed about these points but clear some take it way too serious.

Has anyone missed out on a Hibs game they really really really want to attend? It would be rare.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Someone who attends every away game in a season would receive less points than someone who pays into scheme. I'm all for the scheme, just don't agree points should be given.

If someone attends every away game, they'd only need to attend 1 home game and their points total would be 100 points.

Someone who goes every week would have at least 270 points, more if there were home cup games and friendlies.

Hibs get no financial benefit from your attendance at away games but you get 5 points.

Plus, remember, you do get to see the games.

Joining HSL gets you nothing in return. Ironically, it's those who do go to the games who benefit, because there's a better team on the park as a result.

QMU-1875
08-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Did you not get an email saying that Gocardless would be taking cash from your account?

Not a thing! Is there an email address I should contact?

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 04:06 PM
If someone attends every away game, they'd only need to attend 1 home game and their points total would be 100 points.

Someone who goes every week would have at least 270 points, more if there were home cup games and friendlies.

Hibs get no financial benefit from your attendance at away games but you get 5 points.

Plus, remember, you do get to see the games.

Joining HSL gets you nothing in return. Ironically, it's those who do go to the games who benefit, because there's a better team on the park as a result.

That's the point of going is it not?

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 04:12 PM
That's the point of going is it not?

Yes, of course.

Why then the complaints about loyalty points?

I don't know anyone who has ever gone to a game because of loyalty points.

I'm pretty certain, however, that with the semi-final coming, the points might just sway a few to join HSL.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Yes, of course.

Why then the complaints about loyalty points?

I don't know anyone who has ever gone to a game because of loyalty points.

I'm pretty certain, however, that with the semi-final coming, the points might just sway a few to join HSL.

You have obviously have not read my prior posts. The goalposts have been moved on the loyalty scheme............

Complaints? Aye ok, on that note I'm out.... :aok:

Kojock
08-11-2015, 04:36 PM

It won't make any difference for the semi as the points are not awarded till February.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2015, 04:41 PM

see the way i personally look at it, the club is also a business, away day fans don't contribute to that business, i felt guilty last season because i opted for going to more away games instead of a lot of home games(my reasons for that were because most teams were just coming to ER and sitting in...not good value for the paying customers)...and YES i blame the teams that played that way, that's just how it was unfortunately, i was well aware the only club/team i was hurting was infact Hibs, i wasn't contributing to the club therefore i am more or less easing my conscience by contributing to HSL :agree:

of course vocal support is important at away games but...

as a business

away day fans-non contributors
HSL 'donators' - contributors= points as a reward.......not that i'm interested in points likesy :)

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 04:42 PM
It won't make any difference for the semi as the points are not awarded till February.

Yes, you're right, and I pointed that out in the OP.

I meant of course, the possibility of a final.

marinello59
08-11-2015, 04:43 PM

I agree that this was an ill thought out idea. However I don't think it is going to make a bit of difference to regular match attendees. Hopefully some good comes out of it in that it does attract an additional few subscribers to HSL but I really don't think the loyalty points issue will be top of most people's reasons for signing up. (Which makes the reasoning behind this even more questionable.)

Carheenlea
08-11-2015, 07:05 PM
There seems to be a lot of people quite dismissive of the loyaly scheme and what it was set up to do. A simple way of allocating points to ensure that those attending most regularly are first in line when tickets allocation is not going to meet demand.
The travelling crowds are growing steadily as you would expect with the terrific entertainment on offer from Hibs right now, and if we continue to keep the heat on Rangers in the months ahead, those wishing to attend away games will swell further, and that will be when we see the Loyalty Points Scheme utilised on a more regular basis than we have so far required. Forget Cup Finals and Semis - everyone gets a ticket for that. It`s those away days in smaller stadiums come the business end of the season where the scheme will be properly required , be that League winning opportunities or play-offs. Call them names like Uber Fans if you like - but those fans with the most points will be the fans that have supported the team week in week out, good times and bad.

marinello59
08-11-2015, 07:11 PM
There seems to be a lot of people quite dismissive of the loyaly scheme and what it was set up to do. A simple way of allocating points to ensure that those attending most regularly are first in line when tickets allocation is not going to meet demand.
The travelling crowds are growing steadily as you would expect with the terrific entertainment on offer from Hibs right now, and if we continue to keep the heat on Rangers in the months ahead, those wishing to attend away games will swell further, and that will be when we see the Loyalty Points Scheme utilised on a more regular basis than we have so far required. Forget Cup Finals and Semis - everyone gets a ticket for that. It`s those away days in smaller stadiums come the business end of the season where the scheme will be properly required , be that League winning opportunities or play-offs. Call them names like Uber Fans if you like - but those fans with the most points will be the fans that have supported the team week in week out, good times and bad.

Those fans who go to every home and away game will still be at the front of the queue.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Those fans who go to every home and away game will still be at the front of the queue.

Not necessarily, someone who gets the 100 points from HSL, could be on 50 points more than the top person who goes to every game home and away, yet the HSL subscriber may have gone to at least 10 less games

marinello59
08-11-2015, 07:34 PM
Not necessarily, someone who gets the 100 points from HSL, could be on 50 points more than the top person who goes to every game home and away, yet the HSL subscriber may have gone to at least 10 less games

And do you think the top tier won't be set at the points level gained by those who have been to every home and away game? Of course it will and the amount of people in that points group will be less than the away capacity of any ground we will play in.

lucky
08-11-2015, 07:37 PM

Well the regular attendee better sign up for £5 per month or they lose out. It quite simple Hibs have made a decision and everyone knows the rules.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 07:41 PM

A season ticket is worth 180 points.

A single home game is 10 and an away game is 5.

I don't see any circumstances under which a regular attender could possibly miss out.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 07:48 PM
A season ticket is worth 180 points.

A single home game is 10 and an away game is 5.

I don't see any circumstances under which a regular attender could possibly miss out.

So do you know how many fans are in each points bracket, as I don't. There's not many games post Feb that we could miss out on, but BF has repeatedly said, the loyalty scheme was set up to make sure fans who went the most, and quite rightly so, get to buy the tickets 1st!
Surely you can't disagree with this

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
So do you know how many fans are in each points bracket, as I don't. There's not many games post Feb that we could miss out on, but BF has repeatedly said, the loyalty scheme was set up to make sure fans who went the most, and quite rightly so, get to buy the tickets 1st!
Surely you can't disagree with this

I agree completely. Regular fans should get first dibs at all tickets.

I just don't see how a regular fan wouldn't have more points than someone who doesn't go to games, but has HSL points.

For a start, I doubt there are many, if any, home and away fans who don't have season tickets. That's 180 points right there.

Add in the 4 home cup games and we're up to 220. 11 away games (not including the 3 away friendlies) offer another 55 points giving a total of 275 points, 290 if the friendlies counted.

Add to that, last year's points and you can clearly see, it's impossible for high attendees not to get first priority.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Well the regular attendee better sign up for £5 per month or they lose out. It quite simple Hibs have made a decision and everyone knows the rules.

Wow.....

These were not the rules at the onset of scheme, rules can be manipulated by Club whenever the need to raise more money arises. Nobody knows the rules anymore

marinello59
08-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Wow.....

These were not the rules at the onset of scheme, rules can be manipulated by Club whenever the need to raise more money arises. Nobody knows the rules anymore

Hopefully lessons have been learned from this one though.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2015, 08:31 PM
This loyalty scheme is causing more trouble than it's actually worth. We should go back to how it used to be, everyone knew where they stood.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Hopefully lessons have been learned from this one though.

LD's statement said this mid-statement:

Whilst the underpinning principle of the loyalty points scheme will continue to be to reward attendance at matches, I would also like to make a couple of other observations: First, the loyalty scheme is something that we are learning about all the time. We will work hard to try to ensure we make it as fair as we can. But, second, we must also be free to choose to use loyalty points in other ways on occasion as we develop various areas of the Club.

That means as far as I can gather, that they will use this vehicle to drive other revenue streams.....

marinello59
08-11-2015, 08:36 PM
This loyalty scheme is causing more trouble than it's actually worth. We should go back to how it used to be, everyone knew where they stood.

Id disagree. If regular walk up fans are getting the chance now of priority for big matches then it's worth it.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:37 PM

The scheme has been brought in so that those who attend the most get first dibs, which will be crucial towards end of the season whilst we are still in the hunt, and more and more want to see games in smaller arenas.......

The scheme was great, the tampering is what is causing the problem.....

Tartan Army and Yams run similar schemes without any issues

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 08:45 PM
LD's statement said this mid-statement:

Whilst the underpinning principle of the loyalty points scheme will continue to be to reward attendance at matches, I would also like to make a couple of other observations: First, the loyalty scheme is something that we are learning about all the time. We will work hard to try to ensure we make it as fair as we can. But, second, we must also be free to choose to use loyalty points in other ways on occasion as we develop various areas of the Club.

That means as far as I can gather, that they will use this vehicle to drive other revenue streams.....

And that's the right thing to do.

Unless folk can come up with other cost free incentives for folk to part with their cash?

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:47 PM
And that's the right thing to do.

Unless folk can come up with other cost free incentives for folk to part with their cash?

No it's not.......................

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 08:47 PM
The scheme has been brought in so that those who attend the most get first dibs, which will be crucial towards end of the season whilst we are still in the hunt, and more and more want to see games in smaller arenas.......

The scheme was great, the tampering is what is causing the problem.....

Tartan Army and Yams run similar schemes without any issues

The Tartan Army scheme is as flawed as can be.

Regulars buy all the tickets to harvest their points then sell them on if they can't go.

No chance for new supporters to buy tickets for meaningful games and get up the ladder.

I don't care what the yams do.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 08:51 PM

Ok, it's clear that we're never going to agree, but just because a scheme started in one way, doesn't mean it can't ever be changed.

Getting cash into the club will put better players on the pitch and that's more important than sticking to the original rules of a loyalty scheme.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 08:53 PM

Regulars buy all the tickets to harvest their points then sell them on if they can't go.

No chance for new supporters to buy tickets for meaningful games and get up the ladder.

Not sure about the TA one, but there's always going to be a small bit of misuse. 100% behind initiatives like HSL, but members should be rewarded with incentives like free tickets etc
£5 a month for a year gets 100 loyalty points, yet a season ticket at £360 gets 150 points, seems completely out of sync
Out of curiosity how many points do you have

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Neither do I, but their scheme works as it should, no gimmicks, no additional points for spend..... It should be simplistic, attend games gain points.....

You ain't stupid, so I am sure you must be aware there are other things that could be done, cost effectively to reward spend, just leave loyalty points scheme out of it..........

Golden Bear
08-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Loyalty scheme or no loyality scheme, the truth is that there will be very few scenarios whereby fans won't be able to acquire tickets for future fixtures should they so desire.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Ok, it's clear that we're never going to agree, but just because a scheme started in one way, doesn't mean it can't ever be changed.

Getting cash into the club will put better players on the pitch and that's more important than sticking to the original rules of a loyalty scheme.

Rewards schemes should encapsulate spend, and would cost very little in prizes, like a family having lunch at EM with players and management. Think you are missing the whole point......

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Loyalty scheme or no loyality scheme, the truth is that there will be very few scenarios whereby fans won't be able to acquire tickets for future fixtures should they so desire.

How do you know this?

Golden Bear
08-11-2015, 09:02 PM
How do you know this?

Supply and demand.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Supply and demand.

SO when it comes to the Business end of the season can we assume we will have more tickets than needed?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2015, 09:11 PM
Anyone I'm moving on
Night all

Pretty Boy
08-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Can we move on from the personal stuff please. Absolutely no need.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Me too, being trolled isn't my idea of a fun night.......

Carheenlea
08-11-2015, 09:21 PM
What I think needs to be kept in mind is that this scheme is not simply about the guys that go most weeks. Yes, it is pretty certain that when crowds increase as season wears on and demand becomes higher for away matches, those fans will get their tickets alright. There are many who can`t make every game but get to maybe 60-70% of games, and it is they who should be catered for next before someone who has an extra 100 points for subscribing to HSL.

matty_f
08-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Regular away attenders will also have the opportunity to get these loyalty points on top of the ones that they get for attending, is that right?

HH81
08-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Regular away attenders will also have the opportunity to get these loyalty points on top of the ones that they get for attending, is that right?

Yes so what is the problem?

Carheenlea
08-11-2015, 09:42 PM

Yes so what is the problem?

People getting points on top the ones they get for attending is a problem. All supporters following the team should be treated as equal. Fans should not be subjected to what is a bit of an aggressive marketing tool for HSL. I`m a subscriber to HSL, but I think this decision to award points for subscribing to be a hugely flawed one.

Andy74
08-11-2015, 09:48 PM
You have obviously have not read my prior posts. The goalposts have been moved on the loyalty scheme............

Complaints? Aye ok, on that note I'm out.... :aok:

The goalposts moved before in this scheme and you supported it though as it improved things for you.

All said and done I doubt there will be any game that the regular folk like you who go will not be able to buy a ticket.

Andy74
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM

Indeed same augment as those that go to all away games moving ahead of regular season ticket holders. It's open to all to go and improve your points.

I think the scheme is a bit of a mess but once you start creating levels then you need to start taking in the different ways people contribute to the club.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2015, 09:57 PM
The goalposts moved before in this scheme and you supported it though as it improved things for you.

All said and done I doubt there will be any game that the regular folk like you who go will not be able to buy a ticket.

Improved things for me? Do you think I did it solely for myself? That's impressive of me, if that's what you think

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Out of curiosity how many points do you have

Yikes, I'm glad you asked. I just checked and I've only been credited with 5 points for the game against Berwick Rangers at the start of last season! :faf:

I should have a lot more than that, but not millions because I haven't bought a season ticket since the scheme started and I've been picking my matches to attend.

In truth, loyalty points are of no use to me as I'm moving to York next month and I won't be looking for any scarce away tickets anytime soon. I'm planning to come back to see friends and family very regularly so I'll try to co-ordinate those visits for when Hibs are at ER. Unfortunately, I doubt there will ever be more demand than supply for home tickets.

FWIW, I did buy £400 worth of shares, I have a standing order to Leith Links, and I'm donating £18.75 a month to HSL in case anyone doubts my allegiance. :wink:

PatHead
08-11-2015, 10:41 PM
Yikes, I'm glad you asked. I just checked and I've only been credited with 5 points for the game against Berwick Rangers at the start of last season! :faf:

I should have a lot more than that, but not millions because I haven't bought a season ticket since the scheme started and I've been picking my matches to attend.

In truth, loyalty points are of no use to me as I'm moving to York next month and I won't be looking for any scarce away tickets anytime soon. I'm planning to come back to see friends and family very regularly so I'll try to co-ordinate those visits for when Hibs are at ER. Unfortunately, I doubt there will ever be more demand than supply for home tickets.

FWIW, I did buy £400 worth of shares, I have a standing order to Leith Links, and I'm donating £18.75 a month to HSL in case anyone doubts my allegiance. :wink:

Call yourself a supporter? :-)

Hibbyradge
08-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Call yourself a supporter? :-)

Nah. I call myself a mug!

Leithenhibby
09-11-2015, 12:16 AM
Ive just signed up.

I have signed up. Not too fussed about these points but clear some take it way too serious.

Has anyone missed out on a Hibs game they really really really want to attend? It would be rare.

:top marks

Good work :aok:

Very much appreciated.

Ozyhibby
09-11-2015, 02:06 AM
This thread is funny. Just about everybody on it are regular attenders at ER and I regularly see at away games.
You will never go without a ticket to any game you want to go to guys.
The HSL points will only put them in front of those only occasionally attend.
I've been watching Hibs since I was 15 and have never failed to get a ticket for any game I have wanted to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2015, 07:30 PM
just joined, i feel so loyal now, an elitist :tee hee::flag:

*do i get a card or sommit :hyper

* to answer my own Q, full membership is not achieved until the minimal level of £225 has been reached

FranckSuzy
09-11-2015, 07:47 PM

:thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 08:12 PM
I don't mean to rehash the same argument again, but I posted this thread in the hope that it would encourage a few folk to commit to HSL.

Given that half a dozen folk or so have already done so, it looks like the loyalty scheme has its merits if it's used properly.

It might be a good idea to keep bumping this thread until around the 20th.

HiBremian
09-11-2015, 08:14 PM

Funny, just checked my account, not surprised by zero points. As an overseas Hibby we only get to occasional games and have to support the club in other ways. But seems my standing orders to HSL, Kicks for Kids and Hibs TV don't mean loyalty points on the eticketing account. By sheer luck, I'd already booked a flight for end January for what I thought was going to be a home game against Morton. We'll see if it's good luck or bad luck :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
09-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Funny, just checked my account, not surprised by zero points. As an overseas Hibby we only get to occasional games and have to support the club in other ways. But seems my standing orders to HSL, Kicks for Kids and Hibs TV don't mean loyalty points on the eticketing account. By sheer luck, I'd already booked a flight for end January for what I thought was going to be a home game against Morton. We'll see if it's good luck or bad luck :-(

You should get points for Hibs Tv, as an overseas subscriber. You are effectively buying a match ticket

HiBremian
09-11-2015, 08:18 PM
You should get points for Hibs Tv, as an overseas subscriber. You are effectively buying a match ticket

Hope so. Got a Cup Final ticket via Hibs TV so fingers crossed....

Billy Whizz
09-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Hope so. Got a Cup Final ticket via Hibs TV so fingers crossed....

You might even get lucky and see the Morton home game rearranged the week after as well!

Leithenhibby
09-11-2015, 08:33 PM
just joined, i feel so loyal now, an elitist :tee hee::flag:

*do i get a card or sommit :hyper

* to answer my own Q, full membership is not achieved until the minimal level of £225 has been reached

:agree:

I don't mean to rehash the same argument again, but I posted this thread in the hope that it would encourage a few folk to commit to HSL.

Given that half a dozen folk or so have already done so, it looks like the loyalty scheme has its merits if it's used properly.

It might be a good idea to keep bumping this thread until around the 20th.

:aok:

My_Wife_Camille
09-11-2015, 08:35 PM
That's me joined. Mon Hibs!

bod
09-11-2015, 08:44 PM

not true about the Tartan Army scheme, this is lifted this from their forum, seems new supporters had a lot of chances to get on their ladder

LAST 10 AWAY MATCHES

England v Scotland

14 August 2013 - Allocation 20,000 (open to all members)

Macedonia v Scotland

10 September 2013 - Allocation 1000 (open to all members)

Norway v Scotland

19 November 2103 - Allocation 835 (open to all members)

Poland v Scotland

5 March 2014 - Allocation 2065 (open to all members)

Nigeria v Scotland

28 May 2014 - Allocation 6200 (open to all members)

Germany v Scotland

7 September 2014 - Allocation 4900 (members 1 to 10 points)

Poland v Scotland

14 October 2014 - Allocation 3661 (open to all members)

ROI v Scotland

13 June 2015 - Allocation 3000 (members 3 to 10 points)

Georgia v Scotland

4 September 2015 - Allocation 2000 (open to all members)

Gibraltar v Scotland

11 October 2015 - Allocation 8000 (open to all members)

FranckSuzy
09-11-2015, 08:47 PM

If you're stuck for a ticket, let me know :agree: I will get quite a few loyalty points :wink: JOKE! :devil:

Brooster
09-11-2015, 08:59 PM
I dont have an issue with this if Hibs benefit financially. I think some folk need to get over themselves regarding this.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2015, 09:05 PM
not true about the Tartan Army scheme, this is lifted this from their forum, seems new supporters had a lot of chances to get on their ladder

LAST 10 AWAY MATCHES

England v Scotland

14 August 2013 - Allocation 20,000 (open to all members)

Macedonia v Scotland

10 September 2013 - Allocation 1000 (open to all members)

Norway v Scotland

19 November 2103 - Allocation 835 (open to all members)

Poland v Scotland

5 March 2014 - Allocation 2065 (open to all members)

Nigeria v Scotland

28 May 2014 - Allocation 6200 (open to all members)

Germany v Scotland

7 September 2014 - Allocation 4900 (members 1 to 10 points)

Poland v Scotland

14 October 2014 - Allocation 3661 (open to all members)

ROI v Scotland

13 June 2015 - Allocation 3000 (members 3 to 10 points)

Georgia v Scotland

4 September 2015 - Allocation 2000 (open to all members)

Gibraltar v Scotland

11 October 2015 - Allocation 8000 (open to all members)

I'm sure that doesn't reflect the reality.

I was a member for a number of years and I never managed to get a ticket of my own.

This seems to confirm that tickets are allocated to the people with the highest points first. (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_faqs.cfm?page=3143#q455)

"Members on higher points levels will be considered first and then we'll move down the points levels until we have offered roughly the same number of people a tickets as we have available".

"The Scotland Supporters Club has a maximum membership of 35,000 and the highest number of away match tickets we have ever had is 11,500. So there has to be a system which ensures those who travel most frequently and support the team are able to obtain tickets even where there is a high level of demand. This does not mean that the same people are always receiving tickets as anyone can build up points but when it comes to very popular games, regular attendance at away games is rewarded."

HiBremian
09-11-2015, 09:09 PM

If you're stuck for a ticket, let me know :agree: I will get quite a few loyalty points :wink: JOKE! :devil:

Hehe, will do Suzy.

Leithenhibby
09-11-2015, 09:19 PM
That's me joined. Mon Hibs!

Welcome :cb

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

RoYO!
09-11-2015, 09:49 PM
A couple of things:

Can I sign up using my card details but in my dads name?

Have they produced some mock share/ certificate/ allegiance document to proudly own? Or is it more of a "I know im helping but have nothing physical to show for it" deal?

As it may make for a nice gift, similar to east stones.

Ray_
09-11-2015, 09:52 PM

Due to where I live and work commitments, I rarely get to games these days.

I went for years to all the home and away games and to be honest, I find this type of argument petty. There is not a Hibs supporter, anywhere, who goes to twenty away games in a season, who has not accumulated considerably more than 100 points.

For the record, I pay in to two HSL accounts, [one for my son] and also subscribe to Hibs TV & buy from the shop and I'm delighted to do so and apparently [as I found out last season, when I went to buy match tickets through the club] I'm no longer even registered on the database, therefore won't get any points anyway.

Eyrie
09-11-2015, 10:02 PM
A couple of things:

Can I sign up using my card details but in my dads name?

Have they produced some mock share/ certificate/ allegiance document to proudly own? Or is it more of a "I know im helping but have nothing physical to show for it" deal?

As it may make for a nice gift, similar to east stones.

You get a membership certificate, and it looks smarter than the club's share certificate.

Speedy
09-11-2015, 10:06 PM

More money in the door means better players on the pitch.

That's what we all want.

Ginger Gehagan
10-11-2015, 07:47 AM
I've got a couple of questions regarding this. Is it still possible to buy shares direct from the club? I'm pretty sure we only had until August to do that but can't find the dates anywhere. Also, when you sign up for HSL can you stipulate when they take the money from your account or do they take the first payment straight away?

HibbyScott
10-11-2015, 07:53 AM
That's me just signed up! :flag:

Kojock
10-11-2015, 08:18 AM
I went for years to all the home and away games and to be honest, I find this type of argument petty. There is not a Hibs supporter, anywhere, who goes to twenty away games in a season, who has not accumulated considerably more than 100 points.

How is it petty. The loyalty scheme was set up to reward supporters who attended matches, the more games you attend the more points you gather, seems a very simplistic scheme, however Hibs have moved the goal posts and are now giving fans who DONT go to away games an opportunity to accumulate more points than someone who does. Does that seem fair to you ??

I sponsor a player strip, so why don't I get points for that ??

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 08:35 AM
How is it petty. The loyalty scheme was set up to reward supporters who attended matches, the more games you attend the more points you gather, seems a very simplistic scheme, however Hibs have moved the goal posts and are now giving fans who DONT go to away games an opportunity to accumulate more points than someone who does. Does that seem fair to you ??

It's far more beneficial to the club financially for someone to join HSL than to go to an away game.

I would support the loyalty points scheme being extended to include all investments into Hibs. The scheme is in its infancy and it will develop.

However, do you get anything in return for the shirt sponsorship? Do you get the signed shirt for example? Or advertising for your company?

HSL members get nothing. Giving them a few ethereal loyalty points isn't much of an incentive, but going by the sign ups generated by this thread, it seems to work.

QMU-1875
10-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Seems there is a bit of progress being made here! Mon Hibees sign up!

Carheenlea
10-11-2015, 08:51 AM
It's far more beneficial to the club financially for someone to join HSL than to go to an away game.

I would support the loyalty points scheme being extended to include all investments into Hibs. The scheme is in its infancy and it will develop.

However, do you get anything in return for the shirt sponsorship? Do you get the signed shirt for example? Or advertising for your company?

HSL members get nothing. Giving them a few ethereal loyalty points isn't much of an incentive, but going by the sign ups generated by this thread, it seems to work.

So a loyalty scheme to determine who gets priority tickets should not necessarily be about going to games but how much money you can give the club? Completely misses the whole point of the thing.
The new subscribers to HSL on this thread will have more likely to have signed up because of threads like this keeping HSL in the public eye rather than the promise of loyalty points in my opinion.

Since90+2
10-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Is there a minimum monthly contribution to get the 100 loyalty points?

HibbyScott
10-11-2015, 08:54 AM

I think it's quite a good thing for those of us who don't live somewhere where we can get to Easter Road as regularly as we like to.

I know that a fair few guys from Lancashire get up regularly and hats off to them for it! However, it's a 400 mile drive for me to get back to Edinburgh. I'm not less of a Hibs fan now than I was when I had a ST and went to away games, but now if Hibs can start to reward guys like me for any little thing that we can do to support the club by giving us a chance at getting some loyalty points which we would struggle to get otherwise, then I think that's an excellent idea from the club, and as HR has said, it definitely seems to be working!

Kojock
10-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Is there a minimum monthly contribution to get the 100 loyalty points?

You have to have made three payments by the end of January for the 100 points. The minimum contribution is £5 per month so effectively for £15 you get 100 points.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 09:23 AM
So a loyalty scheme to determine who gets priority tickets should not necessarily be about going to games but how much money you can give the club? Completely misses the whole point of the thing.

There is an argument which says giving money to Hibs is more deserving of recognition than giving money to Alloa, Morton or Rangers. I guess that's why home games attract 10 points and away games only 5.

However, season ticket holders have always had priority for tickets. They always will. Nothing has changed.

Folk who go to away games will have extra points on top of their season tickets, to make them feel extra warm and cozy inside when they pick up their tickets along with all the other season ticket holders.

Those extra points will make no difference to those who go to the away matches. I guess our smallest allocation of tickets will be at Ibrox and there's just no way a regular away fan would miss out. It's impossible.

After that, comes everyone else.

HSL members get 100 points if they have joined and paid a minimum of 3 installments by January 31. Unlike points for attending matches or having a season ticket, they have no points from last season. There is nothing to say there will be more points to come.

They are not a threat to anyone, but they might just have priority over walk-ups who only go to a handful of matches a season or less.

Having said that, most companies offer incentives to new customers, whether that be bookies, bank accounts or broadband. I could see HSL doing something similar and I'd support it even though I'd miss out.

The new subscribers to HSL on this thread will have more likely to have signed up because of threads like this keeping HSL in the public eye rather than the promise of loyalty points in my opinion.

The only way to find that out for certain is to do some marketing, but I deliberately posted this thread to dangle the carrot of loyalty points in advance of a possible final, and it has been successful. I'm confident that had I not done so, at least a few folk would not have taken the plunge, but it's a moot point.

Kojock
10-11-2015, 09:42 AM

I would argue the point that its more financially beneficial to the club to join HSL than to support the team away from home. The object of this season is to get out this league and to do that we need to take as many points as possible away from home. To do that we need as many supporters as possible getting behind the team both home and away. So to me attending games is more crucial than donating £5 per month. The financial benefits of getting promoted will far outweigh anything HSL can provide.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 09:57 AM
I would argue the point that its more financially beneficial to the club to join HSL than to support the team away from home. The object of this season is to get out this league and to do that we need to take as many points as possible away from home. To do that we need as many supporters as possible getting behind the team both home and away. So to me attending games is more crucial than donating £5 per month. The financial benefits of getting promoted will far outweigh anything HSL can provide.

Of course getting promoted is the most important thing.

Having better players on the park far outweighs anything fans can do from behind the goals at Dumbarton.

HSL has helped to provide that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Of course getting promoted is the most important thing.

Having better players on the park far outweighs anything fans can do from behind the goals at Dumbarton.

HSL has helped to provide that.

I don't think you are allowed behind the goals at Dumbarton. :devil:

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 11:32 AM
I don't think you are allowed behind the goals at Dumbarton. :devil:

:na na:

Ozyhibby
10-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Only ten days to go to bag those loyalty points in time for a possible cup final.

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Only takes a couple of minutes.

Lee Marvin
10-11-2015, 12:32 PM
Just signed up. A couple of my mates are going to soon as well.

I only did it for the points, and will likely cancel it in February.

:greengrin:wink:

Lets keep the momentum going! :gwa:

GGTTH

Ringothedog
10-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Just signed up. A couple of my mates are going to soon as well.

I only did it for the points, and will likely cancel it in February.

:greengrin:wink:

Lets keep the momentum going! :gwa:

GGTTH

I am going to sign up(for the 3rd time), cancel after 4 payments but decline the loyalty points :wink:

bod
10-11-2015, 01:16 PM
do the points carry on through next season & so on or does everyone go back to 0 when the season ends & we start again ?

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 01:28 PM
do the points carry on through next season & so on or does everyone go back to 0 when the season ends & we start again ?

Loyalty points work on a 3 year cycle.

"Point totals will be carried over from last season, with a rolling 3 year cycle planned for accumulation of points. For example, when season 2017/18 begins the points from 14/15 will be removed. The accumulation of points is designed to recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters across seasons."

Ozyhibby
10-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Loyalty points work on a 3 year cycle.

"Point totals will be carried over from last season, with a rolling 3 year cycle planned for accumulation of points. For example, when season 2017/18 begins the points from 14/15 will be removed. The accumulation of points is designed to recognise the ongoing commitment of supporters across seasons."

So if you join HSL you benefit from the points for three seasons. Handy for the Scottish cup final as well. [emoji3]

Ray_
10-11-2015, 02:05 PM

The simple fact that you are choosing to ignore is that the 100 points given to a HSL member will have no impact on the amount of points accumulated by a regular attendee, nor, if they are that regular, will it influence what a regular can use their superior points balance for.

If my circumstances remains the same and there is no reason as to why they shouldn't, I intend to keep on paying in to this scheme for as long as it lasts, or until I'm dead, whichever comes first and people are moaning about 100 worthless loyalty points, I rarely get the opportunity to see a game!! So the money I'm paying in, is helping towards the quality that regular attenders are able to see.

With regards to the simplistic loyalty scheme, things evolve, that is called progress and if it means that our club is in a better financial footing, I can't see how you are looking at it in such a negative manner.

I think some people spend too much time looking over their shoulder, in case others get an advantage and this prevents them fully appreciating what they have.

PS. The pride of place on my son's bedroom wall are his two sponsors shirts, I never got any points for them either?? He has only ever been to Scotland twice, but is passionate about our club and i'm sure when he finishes Uni, his visits will be far more frequent. Since he was a toddler, most often at his request, the Hibs shop have done a roaring trade over the years and he has only ever been to three games, with one of them being in Dublin.

There is more than one way to support a club, thankfully hibs are starting to appreciate that and eventually the so called urber fan may just realise that fact too.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 02:18 PM
So if you join HSL you benefit from the points for three seasons. Handy for the Scottish cup final as well. [emoji3]

Compared to the 540 points a season ticket holder who has attended zero away games would have, it's hardly a privileged position!

The every home and away every week folk could have 810!

And that's not counting cup games and friendlies.

Kojock
10-11-2015, 02:27 PM
The simple fact that you are choosing to ignore is that the 100 points given to a HSL member will have no impact on the amount of points accumulated by a regular attendee, nor, if they are that regular, will it influence what a regular can use their superior points balance for.

If my circumstances remains the same and there is no reason as to why they shouldn't, I intend to keep on paying in to this scheme for as long as it lasts, or until I'm dead, whichever comes first and people are moaning about 100 worthless loyalty points, I rarely get the opportunity to see a game!! So the money I'm paying in, is helping towards the quality that regular attenders are able to see.

With regards to the simplistic loyalty scheme, things evolve, that is called progress and if it means that our club is in a better financial footing, I can't see how you are looking at it in such a negative manner.

I think some people spend too much time looking over their shoulder, in case others get an advantage and this prevents them fully appreciating what they have.

PS. The pride of place on my son's bedroom wall are his two sponsors shirts, I never got any points for them either?? He has only ever been to Scotland twice, but is passionate about our club and i'm sure when he finishes Uni, his visits will be far more frequent. Since he was a toddler, most often at his request, the Hibs shop have done a roaring trade over the years and he has only ever been to three games, with one of them being in Dublin.

There is more than one way to support a club, thankfully hibs are starting to appreciate that and eventually the so called urber fan may just realise that fact too.

I'm not ignoring the fact about the 100 points, if I bought a season ticket for this season (150 points ) then went to every away game @ 3 per game I would only be able to accumulate a total of around 200 points. Whereas if I buy a season ticket and cant be bothered going to away games but contribute £15 to HSL I would have 250 points. The object of the scheme was to reward fans who attend games but Hibs have devised a way that a non attender can accumulate more points than a regular attendee. Sorry but that is an unfair system in my book.

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm not ignoring the fact about the 100 points, if I bought a season ticket for this season (150 points ) then went to every away game @ 3 per game I would only be able to accumulate a total of around 200 points. Whereas if I buy a season ticket and cant be bothered going to away games but contribute £15 to HSL I would have 250 points. The object of the scheme was to reward fans who attend games but Hibs have devised a way that a non attender can accumulate more points than a regular attendee. Sorry but that is an unfair system in my book.

A season ticket gets you 180 points. An away game, 5.

Ask yourself how many people will buy a season ticket and only contribute £5 for 3 months before stopping the Direct Debit.

Why would they do that? For an extra 100 points?

What on earth for? They're already GUARANTEED to get every ticket they want, just for having a season ticket.

If one or two dafties do that, then Hibs are £15 better off. The wee laddies can chug themselves stupid over their points total, but it won't make an iota of difference to the regular fans.

The reward for regular attendance isn't points, it's priority when scarce tickets are up for grabs and that won't change.

Kojock
10-11-2015, 02:45 PM
A season ticket gets you 180 points. An away game, 5.

Ask yourself how many people will buy a season ticket and only contribute £5 for 3 months before stopping the Direct Debit.

Why would they do that? For an extra 100 points?

What on earth for? They're already GUARANTEED to get every ticket they want, just for having a season ticket.

My mistake I was working on last seasons point allocation.

I don't know how many people will cancel after January, we will obviously have to wait until then and yes some people will take advantage of it for the 100 points.

How does having a season ticket guarantee you a ticket for every away match, we get 800 or so tickets for Ibrox and have 7000 season ticket holders, as you see maths is not my strong point but even I know you cant divide 7000 equally into 800.

Just Alf
10-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Something was tickling the back of my mind re the Loyalty Point Scheme when I saw how this thread was beginning to play out.....

Had a look and from the LP section of the Hibs web site ...

"The Club may also run special promotions for additional bonus points throughout the season."

And

"Will points be awarded for other purchases I make?

At present the scheme is focussed on recognising attendance at matches as opposed to expenditure.

The Club and the Working Together group are looking at potentially linking other purchases to a loyalty/reward scheme in the future. This may include retail parts of the Club but the priority just now is the ticketing loyalty scheme."

So the possibility of the club leveraging the scheme to help drive additional income was always a possibility?

Hibbyradge
10-11-2015, 02:57 PM
My mistake I was working on last seasons point allocation.

I don't know how many people will cancel after January, we will obviously have to wait until then and yes some people will take advantage of it for the 100 points.

How does having a season ticket guarantee you a ticket for every away match, we get 800 or so tickets for Ibrox and have 7000 season ticket holders, as you see maths is not my strong point but even I know you cant divide 7000 equally into 800.

No points will cancel after January. It's a 3 year rolling scheme.

If you had a season ticket last year and this, you're on 330 points, plus any cup games and away matches. How could a home only fan get close to all that?

And, more to the point, what's the chances that a home only fan would suddenly want a ticket for Ibrox? :confused:

If we only get 800 tickets for a game, the competition for those tickets will be between folk who go to away games, not stay at home supporters.

Ray_
10-11-2015, 03:36 PM

Its a good job not everybody's mind works that way, otherwise people like me who pay in to HSL, won't do so, because it is the people who are able to go to games are the ones who benefit most by our HSL input!

3pm
10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
I may have missed this but is it for new subscribers?

I pay £18.75 a month and have been for most of the year I think.

Do I get nowt then?!

Pretty Boy
10-11-2015, 05:27 PM

Do I get nowt then?!

As far as I'm aware it's for all subscribers with at least 3 months paid. I'm in the same boat as you.

Leithenhibby
10-11-2015, 05:45 PM

Do I get nowt then?!

As far as I'm aware it's for all subscribers with at least 3 months paid. I'm in the same boat as you.

Everyone will get the points. :wink:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/member-benefits.html

greenlad
10-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Everyone will get the points. :wink:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/member-benefits.html

I have just signed up to HSL - noted that at no point did it ask for my Hibs Client Reference Number - once three payments have come off how will the loyalty points be tied in? Presumably HSL will need to go through the HFC client database (or vice versa) and manually add the points on? Only matching info on both sides will be name and address.

Just Alf
10-11-2015, 08:46 PM
I have just signed up to HSL - noted that at no point did it ask for my Hibs Client Reference Number - once three payments have come off how will the loyalty points be tied in? Presumably HSL will need to go through the HFC client database (or vice versa) and manually add the points on? Only matching info on both sides will be name and address.

wondering this one as well :confused:

Leithenhibby
10-11-2015, 08:58 PM
That's me just signed up! :flag:

Good work.

Due to where I live and work commitments, I rarely get to games these days.

For the record, I pay in to two HSL accounts, [one for my son] and also subscribe to Hibs TV & buy from the shop and I'm delighted to do so and apparently [as I found out last season, when I went to buy match tickets through the club] I'm no longer even registered on the database, therefore won't get any points anyway.

You will have not one, but two cracking certificates to show for your efforts, long after the points have gone. :top marks

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Leithenhibby
12-11-2015, 08:51 PM

If we can just keep the momentum going, Alan Stubbs and his coaching staff can go shopping in the January window. :aok:

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
12-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Seems to be some momentum behind this now. Hopefully give the board confidence to back Stubbs in Jan.

Nevi_SOL
13-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Signed up. This club is wakening up

Leithenhibby
13-11-2015, 09:56 PM
Signed up. This club is wakening up

I like your style. Welcome :wink:

Iggy Pope
14-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Leithen

Not sure if you've got a role in HSL, but I emailed them last night and I'm not sure if the reply option gets read, if you know what I mean.
If you are, can you PM me?

hongkonghibee
14-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Overseas supporters can now sign up to HSL with monthly payments from credit card using paypal using this link . You don't need a UK bank account nor a UK issued credit card for this option .
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad.html
I just signed up successfully using this option for monthly payments from my Hongkong issued credit card.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-11-2015, 11:42 AM
If we can just keep the momentum going, Alan Stubbs and his coaching staff can go shopping in the January window. :aok:

GGTTH

What does £50 every 1 month for £50 indefinitely mean?

Leithenhibby
14-11-2015, 12:03 PM
What does £50 every 1 month for £50 indefinitely mean?

This should answer your question - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/news.html

Scroll down - Changes to Way You Can Support HSL and Our Club

GGTTH

Andy74
14-11-2015, 12:27 PM
This should answer your question - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/news.html

Scroll down - Changes to Way You Can Support HSL and Our Club

GGTTH

It would be nice to be able to scroll down. That website has needed sorted since it launched!!

Leithenhibby
14-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Overseas supporters can now sign up to HSL with monthly payments from credit card using paypal using this link . You don't need a UK bank account nor a UK issued credit card for this option .
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate-abroad.html
I just signed up successfully using this option for monthly payments from my Hongkong issued credit card.

We very much appreciate your support and positivity hongkonghibee, Welcome on board. :aok:

Just Alf
14-11-2015, 02:22 PM
It would be nice to be able to scroll down. That website has needed sorted since it launched!!

Agreed..... Even worse on a mobile :-(

Super_JMcGinn
14-11-2015, 04:43 PM

What a fabulous post :agree:.
I too make a monthly contribution and I did it for much the same reason as yourself I will continue to do so as long as I am able to,I never even considered getting preferential treatment over and above the season ticket brings.

Iggy Pope
15-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Leithen

Not sure if you've got a role in HSL, but I emailed them last night and I'm not sure if the reply option gets read, if you know what I mean.
If you are, can you PM me?

Got an answer now, so scratch that.

Leithenhibby
18-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Got an answer now, so scratch that.

:wink:

Just a wee reminder that the clock is ticking re: loyalty points :sofa:

Ginger Gehagan
19-11-2015, 09:39 AM
I signed up last night.

Mon the Bees!!

Nelly070
19-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Thats me signed up.
How do they relate this back to me for the purpose of loyalty points, I have a season ticket, but wasn't asked for any reference numbers ?

Mr Green Genes
19-11-2015, 10:47 AM
I have made a lump sum contribution to HSL (by PayPal) but have had no confirmation of this from them and no reply to an e-mail from me asking how to join.
I don't see an application for membership anywhere on the website - or am I being completely dim?
Can anybody help?
Thanks

HibbyRod
19-11-2015, 01:45 PM
:wink:

Just a wee reminder that the clock is ticking re: loyalty points :sofa:

You have a pm Leithen Hibby.

Brummie_Hibs
19-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Thats me signed up.
How do they relate this back to me for the purpose of loyalty points, I have a season ticket, but wasn't asked for any reference numbers ?

I was wondering that too!?

Pretty Boy
19-11-2015, 02:12 PM
In relation to the queries regarding how the loyalty points will be added please see blow:

"We have received a number of queries from new contributors regarding the Loyalty Points bonus and in particular how the points will be added to their account. Please note that the Club have not yet finalised arrangements for this but the points will be added on or after 2/2/16 and we do not anticipate any problems with this process, even in the absence of your client reference number."

Reply from HSL who are in discussions with the club regarding this and are aware of the timescale they are working to.

bod
19-11-2015, 02:21 PM
2/2/15 ? think they'd sorted it by now

Leithenhibby
19-11-2015, 02:35 PM
You have a pm Leithen Hibby.

Hi HibbyRod.

I did receive your message, but for some reason the site won't let me reply!

HELP, Admins :wink:

Do you think that I need to clear messages? There has been a lot.......

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/index.html

Leithenhibby
19-11-2015, 02:54 PM
2/2/15 ? think they'd sorted it by now

Noted....... :wink:

HibbyRod
19-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Hi HibbyRod.

I did receive your message, but for some reason the site won't let me reply!

HELP, Admins :wink:

Do you think that I need to clear messages? There has been a lot.......

Hi Leithenhibby,

I got it sorted out with Jim Adie, and that's me on a monthly plan now. (Donated a lump sum at the initial launch.)

I am adding monthly donations for each of my 3 grandkids too .... just waiting on confirmations of the 2 youngest's personal email addresses.

Thanks for your, and Jim's help.

Cheers, Rod.

Ozyhibby
19-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi Leithenhibby,

I got it sorted out with Jim Adie, and that's me on a monthly plan now. (Donated a lump sum at the initial launch.)

I am adding monthly donations for each of my 3 grandkids too .... just waiting on confirmations of the 2 youngest's personal email addresses.

Cheers, Rod.

Fine effort. Think people are starting to see how big this can be.
GGTTH

Since1875Hibs
19-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Seriously, can someone involved on here fix the website? It's terrible.

Signed up months ago, glad to see that numbers continue to steadily grow.

Leithenhibby
19-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Hi Leithenhibby,

Cheers, Rod.

Just glad we got there in the end Rod, many thanks again for your support.

Upwards and onwards, GGTTH.

Ronniekirk
19-11-2015, 06:53 PM
That's me signed up ,been meaning to do it for ages ,but better late than never :agree:

Leithenhibby
19-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Seriously, can someone involved on here fix the website? It's terrible.

Signed up months ago, glad to see that numbers continue to steadily grow.

It's very much on our radar! :wink:

That's me signed up ,been meaning to do it for ages ,but better late than never :agree:

Welcome on board Mr :aok:

GGTTH

Bristolhibby
20-11-2015, 06:09 AM
What's the craic with the 20th. Obviously I've missed this deadline, but the OP says it takes a week for payments to be taken out, would that my still make the end of November payment?

Still keen to join.

J

Hibbyradge
20-11-2015, 07:55 AM
What's the craic with the 20th. Obviously I've missed this deadline, but the OP says it takes a week for payments to be taken out, would that my still make the end of November payment?

Still keen to join.

J

The money takes about a week to come out of your account.

I reckon if people join by Monday 23rd, it'll come out of their account by the end of the month and they'll still get the loyalty points bonus.

Ozyhibby
20-11-2015, 08:35 AM

Still keen to join.

J

You've not missed the deadline, it's only the 20th today. Money wouldn't come out your account till next week sometime.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

Cheshire Hibby
20-11-2015, 12:15 PM
That's me joined up today with single payment. I met two HSL lads at the Aberdeen game in East stand and said I would join. Promise kept. :flag:

GGTTH07
20-11-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm joining today regardless but do I get in the LP scheme if I do it today?

Ozyhibby
20-11-2015, 01:11 PM

I think so, it's only the 20th today.
Welcome aboard.

Ronniekirk
20-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Still keen to join.

J

I joined last night and got an e mail saying first payment would come off on or just after 24th November ,then got a second one changing the date to on or after the 26th so don't delay join today if you haven't already done so

Thecat23
20-11-2015, 01:55 PM
That's me joined today as well. Been a season ticket holder for many years so may as well put what I can afford to the club as well.

GGTTH. 💚

RyeSloan
20-11-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm in the same boat as many on here...been meaning to do it for ages but finally got round to it today! Hopefully we will see this growing and growing...you just have to ask why it took so long for the club to set something like this up!

Anyway it feels good to be on board knowing that every month I'm making a direct contribution to the supporters owing more and more of our club and at the same time supporting the team on the park!

Baldy Foghorn
20-11-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm in the same boat as many on here...been meaning to do it for ages but finally got round to it today! Hopefully we will see this growing and growing...you just have to ask why it took so long for the club to set something like this up!

Anyway it feels good to be on board knowing that every month I'm making a direct contribution to the supporters owing more and more of our club and at the same time supporting the team on the park!

It was launched at the same time as the share scheme was launched. It's not new..........

Hamish
20-11-2015, 03:01 PM
I joined a while ago with a lump sum and a monthly payment as I don't get to many games these days. It certainly seems to have gained momentum in the past couple of months. Hopefully not too long before we reach the 20.1 percent.

ALF TUPPER
20-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Just Joined 😊. Hope it's not too late for the Brucie bonus ?
Good Game Good Game !!

#GGTTH

Ronniekirk
20-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Just Joined . Hope it's not too late for the Brucie bonus ?
Good Game Good Game !!

#GGTTH

Nice to see you , To see you Nice You should be in time to those points

Sioux
20-11-2015, 05:20 PM
Good Game Good Game !!

#GGTTH

You'll soon be getting hate mail from uber fans coz you're denying them the chance of getting tickets for the uber games
:greengrin

SausageSurprise
20-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Still keen to join.

J

I signed up on the Sunday night and the money came out my account on the Wednesday

Kojock
20-11-2015, 06:18 PM
You'll soon be getting hate mail from uber fans coz you're denying them the chance of getting tickets for the uber games

Yawn

Bristolhibby
20-11-2015, 06:26 PM
I signed up on the Sunday night and the money came out my account on the Wednesday

Just joined now.

GGTTH

J

ALF TUPPER
20-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Nice to see you , To see you Nice You should be in time to those points

Hope so Ronnie 👍

ALF TUPPER
20-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Ooooooooo scary ! 😂

RyeSloan
20-11-2015, 11:41 PM
It was launched at the same time as the share scheme was launched. It's not new..........

Aye I'm well aware of that thanks although considering the share offer was launched in February 2015 it's not exactly old though is it...

Anyway I'm in and hopefully many more are still to join the not so very new but not so very old HSL..

Andy74
21-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Aye I'm well aware of that thanks although considering the share offer was launched in February 2015 it's not exactly old though is it...

Anyway I'm in and hopefully many more are still to join the not so very new but not so very old HSL..

Lots of reasons it wasn't launched before.

Was there any appetite? Can't really recall fan ownership being a big deal.

There wasn't really a driver until relegation for people to buy into this.

Probably more importantly though they are a dilution of existing holdings and so it was really up to the owner on when he wanted to lose the value of his holding.

I think sitting out the bank debt and the structuring of the payments to the holding company needed to be put in place before the conditions were right to issue further shares to people.

The take up has been okay no more than that so the appetite still isn't huge.

Leithenhibby
21-11-2015, 10:09 AM
I signed up last night.

Mon the Bees!!

Thats me signed up.

That's me joined up today with single payment. I met two HSL lads at the Aberdeen game in East stand and said I would join. Promise kept. :flag:

That's me joined today as well. Been a season ticket holder for many years so may as well put what I can afford to the club as well.

GGTTH. 

Good Game Good Game !!

#GGTTH

Just joined now.

GGTTH

J

Fantastic effort folks :top marks

According to Go-Cardless, the absolute latest you can sign up for the loyalty points is Monday 23rd, cut off 3pm.

Get cracking :wink: - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/

GGTTH

Robinho08
21-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Do you get anything through the post? I joined a couple of weeks ago and my first payment has came off.

SausageSurprise
21-11-2015, 10:12 AM
I keep meaning to cancel my other DD to pay for this. If not I'll be eating beans on toast for Christmas dinner!

Scott Allan Key
21-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Joined with DD scheme. Looking forward to the cumulative effect of loyal supporters owning (part of) and backing their club. Onwards and upwards.

Baldy Foghorn
21-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Do you get anything through the post? I joined a couple of weeks ago and my first payment has came off.

Nothing through post if you do DD.........

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2015, 06:12 PM
My son says he will join this scheme if he can still get the loyalty points, have they finished or is it as Leithenhibby said, the 23rd is the cut off point now? :confused:

Ronniekirk
21-11-2015, 06:17 PM
My son says he will join this scheme if he can still get the loyalty points, have they finished or is it as Leithenhibby said, the 23rd is the cut off point now? :confused:

To be on the safe side get him to join tonight but Monday is cut off point if he wants those loyalty points so we have been told ,and reason to doubt Leithenhibby on this

blackpoolhibs
21-11-2015, 06:20 PM
To be on the safe side get him to join tonight but Monday is cut off point if he wants those loyalty points so we have been told ,and reason to doubt Leithenhibby on this

It's done. :thumbsup:

Gmack7
22-11-2015, 10:51 AM
I've just signed up me and both my sons:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
22-11-2015, 01:38 PM

Once you have reach the £225 you will receive a certificate like this. :wink:

Joined with DD scheme. Looking forward to the cumulative effect of loyal supporters owning (part of) and backing their club. Onwards and
upwards.

Go-Cardless will determine when your payment is taken. Monday is most definitely the last day (3pm) to get loyalty points.

It's done. :thumbsup:

Welcome :thumbsup:

I've just signed up me and both my sons:thumbsup:

Brilliant effort :aok:

Let's make this happen. :cb
GGTTH

HH81
22-11-2015, 01:52 PM
Anyone know if you can increase your DD at a later date?

Ozyhibby
22-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Anyone know if you can increase your DD at a later date?

I'm almost certain you can.

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Thats me signed up.

No answer to this as yet?

oneone73
22-11-2015, 04:23 PM
That's me signed up at last. Feels good. Should have done it ages ago!

HH81
22-11-2015, 04:37 PM

You give your name and address so them details will be on the Hibs database anyway?

RyeSloan
22-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Lots of reasons it wasn't launched before. Was there any appetite? Can't really recall fan ownership being a big deal. There wasn't really a driver until relegation for people to buy into this. Probably more importantly though they are a dilution of existing holdings and so it was really up to the owner on when he wanted to lose the value of his holding. I think sitting out the bank debt and the structuring of the payments to the holding company needed to be put in place before the conditions were right to issue further shares to people. The take up has been okay no more than that so the appetite still isn't huge.

There has been plenty chat about a managers fund for a long time...also the need for the club to increase revenue for a long time.

I get you that specifically linking the concept to a share ownership of the club couldn't be done until some house keeping was complete but I think the lack of appetite was within the club rather out with it.

And sure the take up has been average but jeez when you consider the mis information and down right defamation that surrounded the whole launch that's not too surprising really.

Anyway my point was that the club could and maybe should have looked to its supporters to provide additional finance in ways beyond the standard season ticket offering long before now.

Still we are where we are and hopefully that is back on the Mowbray style upward spiral..all the way past the Huns and right into the SPL stronger and more together than we have been in a long time!

Just Alf
22-11-2015, 05:30 PM

There was a message, not sure if earlier on here (on phone so a pain to check) that basically stated HSL and Hibs had arranged to set aside some time to match the databases to ensure all those eligible would be credited.... Bottom line = not an issue HSL don't have all your details.

Words to that effect anyway!

GGTTH!

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 05:30 PM
There has been plenty chat about a managers fund for a long time...also the need for the club to increase revenue for a long time.

I get you that specifically linking the concept to a share ownership of the club couldn't be done until some house keeping was complete but I think the lack of appetite was within the club rather out with it.

And sure the take up has been average but jeez when you consider the mis information and down right defamation that surrounded the whole launch that's not too surprising really.

Anyway my point was that the club could and maybe should have looked to its supporters to provide additional finance in ways beyond the standard season ticket offering long before now.

Still we are where we are and hopefully that is back on the Mowbray style upward spiral..all the way past the Huns and right into the SPL stronger and more together than we have been in a long time!

:top marks:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
22-11-2015, 05:31 PM
There was a message, not sure if earlier on here (on phone so a pain to check) that basically stated HSL and Hibs had arranged to set aside some time to match the databases to ensure all those eligible would be credited.... Bottom line = not an issue HSL don't have all your details.

Words to that effect anyway!

GGTTH!

Ta....:aok:

Malthibby
22-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Ooooooooo scary ! 

You wait 'till you see my withering stare................

ALF TUPPER
22-11-2015, 05:57 PM
You wait 'till you see my withering stare................

😳
Hahahaha
Can't compare to the current Mrs Tupper's

😉

Malthibby
22-11-2015, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=ALF TUPPER;4510386]
Hahahaha
Can't compare to the current Mrs Tupper's

'Current.' Ouch. Medal for bravery on the way.:chop:

HibsNibs
22-11-2015, 06:18 PM
That's me signed up. I was feeling guilty about kind of abandoning the club last season. Back in the fold now though.
Who do I complain to when my 100 points don't show up in my account on 2/2/16 ?:greengrin

Just Alf
22-11-2015, 06:40 PM
That's me signed up. I was feeling guilty about kind of abandoning the club last season. Back in the fold now though.
Who do I complain to when my 100 points don't show up in my account on 2/2/16 ?:greengrin

At 00:01am!!

:-)

Leithenhibby
22-11-2015, 06:43 PM
That's me signed up at last. Feels good. Should have done it ages ago!

Welcome on board :wink:

:aok:

Anyone that will listen, but HSL :greengrin

Last chance looming for loyalty points......

Leithenhibby
23-11-2015, 10:22 AM
4 hours! Just saying :wink:

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
23-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Must be close to 1300 members now. That's pretty impressive considering the tricky launch.

mim
23-11-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm in :wink:

Leithenhibby
23-11-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm in :wink:

Excellent :aok:

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
23-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Me and my dad signed up last night :aok:

Leithenhibby
23-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Me and my dad signed up last night :aok:

Nice one :wink:

GGTTH

Not In The Know
23-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Just joined!

Leithenhibby
23-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Just joined!

Welcome. :aok:

Let's keep this going, after all, our club is a tad bigger than loyalty points!......

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
23-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Welcome. :aok:

Let's keep this going, after all, our club is a tad bigger than loyalty points!......

GGTTH

:hilarious