PDA

View Full Version : HSL Where does the money go?.....

HappyHibby93
05-11-2015, 08:45 PM
Like to think that most Hibs fans know this by now. HSL had a rough ride at the start with hoh and others calling it a ponzi scheme and suchlike. Having passed 1000 members it would be a good chance to keep the momentum going if only to give Stubbsy more cash for Jan window.

This quote from Leeann should put many minds a ease, hopefully, but you can never tell. :flag:

Dempster underlined the importance of their contributions saying: “There is absolutely no doubt that there are a number of players in our present squad who simply would not be here if it were not for the generosity of HSL members. Our original football budget is enhanced by all of these monthly contributions being made.”
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

I really do hope this has taken off since the announcement. IMHO, we need to grab hold of this as it's such a good time to build and go from strength to strength.

Fergus52
05-11-2015, 08:55 PM
I remember posters saying that if it wasn't for HSL we would't have been able to get McGinn in a 4 year deal

Pete
05-11-2015, 08:58 PM
I remember posters saying that if it wasn't for HSL we would't have been able to get McGinn in a 4 year deal

I think this answers any questions, including the one in the thread title.

It's been answered quite a lot.

Ozyhibby
05-11-2015, 09:00 PM
HSL at its current level is probably chipping in about £15k a month. That probably covers one of our top earners wages.
The potential for this to lift our club above all the others who don't have such a scheme is massive.
If we could get another 1000 signed up by Xmas the club could confidently go out and get a top quality players in Jan knowing the cost was covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HappyHibby93
05-11-2015, 09:08 PM
HSL at its current level is probably chipping in about £15k a month. That probably covers one of our top earners wages.
The potential for this to lift our club above all the others who don't have such a scheme is massive.
If we could get another 1000 signed up by Xmas the club could confidently go out and get a top quality players in Jan knowing the cost was covered.

Getting another 1000 would be class, but there is no way of knowing if all the HSL talk is just that, talk. Our club is on a wee high at the moment and this is surely the time to throw a 5 pound note in the pot, if you can. As Charlie Reid said on a video that is up, what can you get for 5 pounds a month?

:flag:

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 09:09 PM

HSL will continue to go from strength to strength. Much of the noise at the start has died down and the likes of the HSA getting on board was huge.

The more fans that back it the better, for as little as £5 a month every fan has the chance to take a majority of the club into supporter ownership whilst backing the manager and team at the same time.

Exciting time ahead for HSL imo.

BSEJVT
05-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Honest question, as its passed me by a bit as I have shares and bought some more so wasn't really interested in HSL.

Are HSL contributions in place only for so long as it takes to acquire the 51% or are they intended as an ongoing donation to the club?

If its the former I am not too interested, I would consider buying a half season ticket instead, if its the latter I may be.

And yes I know that that probably doesn't make much sense, financial or otherwise :-)

DaveF
05-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Honest question, as its passed me by a bit as I have shares and bought some more so wasn't really interested in HSL.

Are HSL contributions in place only for so long as it takes to acquire the 51% or are they intended as an ongoing donation to the club?

If its the former I am not too interested, I would consider buying a half season ticket instead, if its the latter I may be.

And yes I know that that probably doesn't make much sense, financial or otherwise :-)

Have a look at the HSL website, as I think there is a q and a on there? Failing that, I'm sure leithenhibby can answer it.

Malthibby
05-11-2015, 09:26 PM
HSL will continue to go from strength to strength. Much of the noise at the start has died down and the likes of the HSA getting on board was huge.

The more fans that back it the better, for as little as £5 a month every fan has the chance to take a majority of the club into supporter ownership whilst backing the manager and team at the same time.

What he said - HSL is an opportunity to make a direct, on the pitch difference - our money directly translates into a better team. If you can afford it, it's a complete no-brainer.
GG

Ozyhibby
05-11-2015, 10:06 PM

The DirectDebit says indefinitely. The most important thing is that all the cash goes to the football budget. I still think we need another striker in case we get injuries and if HSL can make this possible that would be a real boost.

GlesgaeHibby
05-11-2015, 10:37 PM
The DirectDebit says indefinitely. The most important thing is that all the cash goes to the football budget. I still think we need another striker in case we get injuries and if HSL can make this possible that would be a real boost.

We have 6 strikers in the first team just now:

Cummings
Malonga
Keatings
El-Alagui
Feruz
Insall

Not the first place I'd look to strengthen. Think we need competition at full back and a new GK before a striker.

Andy74
05-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Like to think that most Hibs fans know this by now. HSL had a rough ride at the start with hoh and others calling it a ponzi scheme and suchlike. Having passed 1000 members it would be a good chance to keep the momentum going if only to give Stubbsy more cash for Jan window.

This quote from Leeann should put many minds a ease, hopefully, but you can never tell. :flag:

Dempster underlined the importance of their contributions saying: “There is absolutely no doubt that there are a number of players in our present squad who simply would not be here if it were not for the generosity of HSL members. Our original football budget is enhanced by all of these monthly contributions being made.”
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

I really do hope this has taken off since the announcement. IMHO, we need to grab hold of this as it's such a good time to build and go from strength to strength.

I'm a big fan of Dempster and support HSL but I think it would be better if they didn't overplay this quite so much.

With the reported levels so far it's more than a stretch to say that several players are here as a result.

One player for one year would be closer I'd reckon.

Eyrie
05-11-2015, 10:48 PM

From their FAQ (http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/faq.html)

15. Once the £2.5m has been raised, will HSL continue to seek the annual membership fee? If so, will this be done with a view to a subsequent share issue?

No. HSL can only collect funds if there are shares to buy

Of course, it'll take several years to reach the 51%, so effectively you will be making an ongoing donation.

Mibbes Aye
05-11-2015, 10:50 PM
We have 6 strikers in the first team just now:

Cummings
Malonga
Keatings
El-Alagui
Feruz
Insall

Not the first place I'd look to strengthen. Think we need competition at full back and a new GK before a striker.

It looks good on paper but to be honest, we don't know whether Insall and Feruz can make a significant contribution as strikers for us - hopefully they do but we don't know that yet.

Farid, we all hope for the best but we have to acknowledge the extent to which he has been injured. Hopefully he does come back from that to play consistently at the level we require.

Stubbs likes to change things around tactically and him playing the top three of your list at the same time is to be expected. I can see the need for an additional striker, ideally with the flexibility to play a couple of different positions in different formations.

Even with Anier to come back, I would be reassured if we gained another steady forward who could move around.

BSEJVT
06-11-2015, 07:11 AM
From their FAQ (http://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/faq.html)

Of course, it'll take several years to reach the 51%, so effectively you will be making an ongoing donation.

Many Thanks

Waxy
06-11-2015, 07:42 AM
Its a great way to contribute if you are still a huge supporter but can only make a few matches.We should have done this years ago.

IanM
06-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Can you buy HSL for anyone else? I pay mine up monthly but was gonna buy the £250 up front for ma old man's xmas.

we got him a Hibs brick a few years ago and he absolutely adores it still

GlesgaeHibby
06-11-2015, 07:58 AM
It looks good on paper but to be honest, we don't know whether Insall and Feruz can make a significant contribution as strikers for us - hopefully they do but we don't know that yet.

Farid, we all hope for the best but we have to acknowledge the extent to which he has been injured. Hopefully he does come back from that to play consistently at the level we require.

Stubbs likes to change things around tactically and him playing the top three of your list at the same time is to be expected. I can see the need for an additional striker, ideally with the flexibility to play a couple of different positions in different formations.

Even with Anier to come back, I would be reassured if we gained another steady forward who could move around.

Can see your point, but I think with Boyle, Carmichael and Anier all on the books too as attacking players I think the midfield and attacking areas are very well covered just now. Good position to be in. Personally, I think it's the best midfield since the Mowbray/Collins era where we had Boozy, Brown, Thomson, Stewart

jodjam
06-11-2015, 07:59 AM
I'm a big fan of Dempster and support HSL but I think it would be better if they didn't overplay this quite so much.

With the reported levels so far it's more than a stretch to say that several players are here as a result.

This is where I am with HSL.

I agree, given numbers so far, that saying several players is a bit of a stretch. If it is more than one so far then tell us the exact number. This might convince more people.

HSL seems a slow burner and iirc the 51% target does not have a date set in stone. That's why when I see posts of "1000 more before xmas" I don't think it helps the end goal. People will commit when they feel the time is right and also if this artificial goal is not met I can see posts creating a negative feel around the scheme.

One last thing.......I don't think the daily fan appeals for more to sign up really helps.. They may tempt the odd fan but if the board felt this was the right thing to do they would email us on a daily basis. There cannot be too many Hibs fans not aware of the scheme. They will sign-up in time if they feel it is right.

The next set of accounts may be a good time for the club to make a concerted push for HSL.

Kojock
06-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Signed up yesterday. Only took a few minutes. GGTTH

matty_f
06-11-2015, 08:04 AM
With the January window just around the corner, more sign-ups now would give our promotion chances a nice wee nudge in the right direction.

bingo70
06-11-2015, 08:09 AM

I thought the minimum contribution was £18.75 a month?

Did I completely make that up? Strange thing to be dreaming about!

madhatter
06-11-2015, 08:26 AM

They changed that through request. £5 a month is now an option.

bingo70
06-11-2015, 08:28 AM
They changed that through request. £5 a month is now an option.

Ah right, must have missed that, cheers.

lucky
06-11-2015, 08:36 AM
If HSL are giving Hibs £20k a month then they are contributing to more than 1 player. I can't see any Hibs player on more than £2k a week plus bonuses. So even being modest it's a least 2 players wages being covered.

Jack
06-11-2015, 08:36 AM

You made that up! Minimum is a fiver :-)

For those who are saying it's a bit of a stretch suggesting a handful of players etc..

It depends how you look at it. IF it is £15k a month you could put it that's it's a couple of players fully paid up. Or when used to supplement the original player budget it's meant we've been able to pay that wee bit more for a handful of players and that's made a difference in the quality of players we're able to sign.

Whatever it is it does seem to have made a significant difference in terms of both quantity and quality of players at our club.

More folk signing up will only mean it gets better still.

Please :-)

Geo_1875
06-11-2015, 08:45 AM
If HSL are giving Hibs £20k a month then they are contributing to more than 1 player. I can't see any Hibs player on more than £2k a week plus bonuses. So even being modest it's a least 2 players wages being covered.

But if HSL money allows Hibs to offer an extra £1k per week to 4 players that would be making a huge difference. Nobody has said that all the HSL money is going to 1 or 2 players.

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2015, 08:48 AM
You made that up! Minimum is a fiver :-)

For those who are saying it's a bit of a stretch suggesting a handful of players etc..

It depends how you look at it. IF it is £15k a month you could put it that's it's a couple of players fully paid up. Or when used to supplement the original player budget it's meant we've been able to pay that wee bit more for a handful of players and that's made a difference in the quality of players we're able to sign.

Whatever it is it does seem to have made a significant difference in terms of both quantity and quality of players at our club.

More folk signing up will only mean it gets better still.

Please :-)

You're right. It maybe doesn't mean we are using the funds to pay a players full wage. Say from our own budget we could offer John McGinn £1500 a week but he was looking for £2k. The HSL funds topping that up to £2k a week may be the difference in him signing for us or not. That's then only £500 a week used out of the extra funding from HSL.

Green Reaper
06-11-2015, 10:25 AM
Just signed up and would encourage all that can to do so, it all helps get us back to where we should be GGTTH

lucky
06-11-2015, 11:33 AM
But if HSL money allows Hibs to offer an extra £1k per week to 4 players that would be making a huge difference. Nobody has said that all the HSL money is going to 1 or 2 players.

I'm a member of HSL and a supporter of it from the start. So I'm not sure why your having a dig at me or the post

Geo_1875
06-11-2015, 11:40 AM
I'm a member of HSL and a supporter of it from the start. So I'm not sure why your having a dig at me or the post

Not having a go mate. Just that people were mentioning Hibs getting 1 or 2 extra players rather than HSL money enabling the signing of a number of players that we probably wouldn't have normally got.

Kojock
06-11-2015, 11:55 AM
The way I look at it is if Hibs have a player budget of 40k per month, we can only afford 4 star rated players with HSL topping up that budget it means we can afford to upgrade to 5* players.

lucky
06-11-2015, 11:58 AM
Not having a go mate. Just that people were mentioning Hibs getting 1 or 2 extra players rather than HSL money enabling the signing of a number of players that we probably wouldn't have normally got.

👍

MB62
06-11-2015, 12:03 PM
So if HSL money is going to help fund players. how do we end up getting 51% control of the club? Where is the money coming from to achieve that?

I am giving it serious consideration but I am also thinking of joining Hibs T.V. and probably can't afford both.
On that subject, if I join Hibs T.V. now, is it only until the end of the season or would it run for the full year from when I join?

Hibs History
06-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Can you buy HSL for anyone else? I pay mine up monthly but was gonna buy the £250 up front for ma old man's xmas.

we got him a Hibs brick a few years ago and he absolutely adores it still

Ozyhibby
06-11-2015, 12:05 PM
So if HSL money is going to help fund players. how do we end up getting 51% control of the club? Where is the money coming from to achieve that?

I am giving it serious consideration but I am also thinking of joining Hibs T.V. and probably can't afford both.
On that subject, if I join Hibs T.V. now, is it only until the end of the season or would it run for the full year from when I join?

We buy the shares from the club and they spend the money on players.

Andy74
06-11-2015, 12:08 PM

This is the beauty of what has been agreed - we are not paying money to the current owners to buy their shares, they have accepted the dilution in their holdings and in return the club get the money to use for the team.

MB62
06-11-2015, 12:29 PM

Ah, right, I see, so there's twice as many shares been made available so we are not actually buying them from STF or whoever. That makes more sense.

Ozyhibby
06-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Ah, right, I see, so there's twice as many shares been made available so we are not actually buying them from STF or whoever. That makes more sense.

Or it could be that that STF is giving his shares away to the club for free and they are selling to us?
Either way, it's a decent deal. £2.5m for 51% of Hibs seems a fair price to me.

1875STEVE
06-11-2015, 01:10 PM
The last bit of press I seen on HSL was that they had already banked £150,000 and due to current DD's were guaranteed another £100,000 be the end of the year or season, cant remember which.

Good numbers in anyone's book imo. :thumbsup:

#edit#, on the HSL website:

“This Club has changed radically on the pitch, and off, in the last 12 months and great credit goes to Leeann and Alan for that. The contribution our members have made to help enable the events of the last couple of days to happen is magnificent. We started in February and have already raised in lump sum contributions and regular direct debit payments, £100,000 and this has been handed over to Leeann and Alan. The direct debits that will continue to run will deliver another £150,000 during the next few months. We greatly thank our supporters for that magnificent effort but it doesn’t stop there. The events that have unfolded yesterday, and again today, have encouraged more supporters to join as these signing, earlier than normal, are tangible evidence of the impact we are making.

"Fans are buying in to the club on a journey that will lead to them owning it. The contribution made to date by those who have joined HSL has allowed us to become the second largest shareholder but also to support the campaign to get the Club back where it belongs.

"The sporting ambition the Club has shown is being funded directly through supporters. We are making a big impact. I am sure we all agree we want to do more. HSL provides that simple vehicle for supporters who want to continue to make a big impact on the future of our Club. We will get the Club we fund, the Club are showing the sporting ambition and as supporters we should back that. This should be our rallying call.”

greenlex
06-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Or it could be that that STF is giving his shares away to the club for free and they are selling to us?
Either way, it's a decent deal. £2.5m for 51% of Hibs seems a fair price to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk really??!! Seems like a steal to me.

PiemanP
06-11-2015, 01:41 PM
I wonder how many members and how much more money we would have raised if we hadn't had all that nonsense at the start from HoH calling it a Ponzi scheme and undermining STF's integrity. I do believe they did quite a bit of damage to the campaign at the outset and we'd have a lot more members if they hadn't of kicked off.

This really is a great deal for the club and don't forget at the same time we are slowly buying 51% of our club at a knock down price.

Big_Franck
06-11-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't think it is a stretch to say that several players are here because of the HSL contributions. It won't be enough to cover the wages of several high earners, but it would for several first team squad players i'd say.

If the average contribution is £18.75 per month, and I have a feeling it may be slightly higher, then at 1,000 members that is £225,000 per year, or just over £4,300 per week. I'd be very surprised if the total weekly cost of Boyle, Keatings, Eckersley and McGregor for example is more than £4,300.

Anyway, it's been a decent start for HSL and hopefully they'll go from strength to strength. I definitely think they should hold stalls in the concourses before some of the bigger games at Easter Road, they are bound to get more people signing up.

PatHead
06-11-2015, 02:54 PM
I don't think it is a stretch to say that several players are here because of the HSL contributions. It won't be enough to cover the wages of several high earners, but it would for several first team squad players i'd say.

If the average contribution is £18.75 per month, and I have a feeling it may be slightly higher, then at 1,000 members that is £225,000 per year, or just over £4,300 per week. I'd be very surprised if the total weekly cost of Boyle, Keatings, Eckersley and McGregor for example is more than £4,300.

Anyway, it's been a decent start for HSL and hopefully they'll go from strength to strength. I definitely think they should hold stalls in the concourses before some of the bigger games at Easter Road, they are bound to get more people signing up.

Seemingly we had a good few sign up on Sunday/Monday after the game. The more feel good factor around the more people will want to be part of it.

Andy74
06-11-2015, 02:55 PM

I get your point but more like 2 for that money not all 4. And just for one year. We will see if future years keep up. Some will cancel when they are members. Some may have paid lump sums.

It's great of course but I think the messaging that came with almost every player we signed was unrealistic!

greenlex
06-11-2015, 03:01 PM
I get your point but more like 2 for that money not all 4. And just for one year. We will see if future years keep up. Some will cancel when they are members. Some may have paid lump sums.

It's great of course but I think the messaging that came with almost every player we signed was unrealistic!
What would you expect. They are trying to attract further members. They are hardly going to say it's not really helping Dinnae bother. If it gets a player or two of better quality then it's worth doing.

Andy74
06-11-2015, 03:23 PM
What would you expect. They are trying to attract further members. They are hardly going to say it's not really helping Dinnae bother. If it gets a player or two of better quality then it's worth doing.

Just telling it as it is I think would work better. Quite a few might think it has already helped us bring in a load of players so why bother.

We will continue to need people to sign up to this and season tickets so knowing we need a lot more than we have now might encourage people to do it.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2015, 03:41 PM
What's the significance of £18.75 per month or £225 p.a.?

I can't find anything on their site which explains that.

CapitalGreen
06-11-2015, 03:44 PM

£225 is the amount required to become a HSL member

Hibbyradge
06-11-2015, 03:47 PM
£225 is the amount required to become a HSL member

So £225 gets you a vote at the HSL AGM for ever?

CapitalGreen
06-11-2015, 03:47 PM
So £225 gets you a vote at the HSL AGM for ever?

Yes

Hibbyradge
06-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Yes

Thanks.

Ozyhibby
06-11-2015, 03:59 PM
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

greenlex
06-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Just telling it as it is I think would work better. Quite a few might think it has already helped us bring in a load of players so why bother.

We will continue to need people to sign up to this and season tickets so knowing we need a lot more than we have now might encourage people to do it.
I'm not sure the point your trying to make Andy. They are saying it is bringing better quality in and ilooking to increase membership. Playing it down rather than talking it up will have the opposite effect.naw?

hibsmad
06-11-2015, 04:14 PM

I get where you're coming from but I do think that one 3-4k per week player (McGinn) does make a huge difference. We are within 5 points behind Sevco but I think the gap would have been greater if McGinn wasn't there. Effectively giving us no chance at the title.

Now, if we can get to two 3-4k per week players then the difference that would make to the squad as a whole would be massive. Well worth drumming up as much interest/hype as possible.

Andy74
06-11-2015, 04:33 PM
I get where you're coming from but I do think that one 3-4k per week player (McGinn) does make a huge difference. We are within 5 points behind Sevco but I think the gap would have been greater if McGinn wasn't there. Effectively giving us no chance at the title.

Now, if we can get to two 3-4k per week players then the difference that would make to the squad as a whole would be massive. Well worth drumming up as much interest/hype as possible.

Agree with you totally. The only small thing I'm questioning is why we have Dempster telling us that HSL has helped to bring several players when I don't think that works through.

When we signed players in the summer almost all of them had mention that it had happened with the support of HSL!

I'm just in favour of promoting it but keeping the impact so far based on reality! I think the message that you have directly contributed to one quality player and if we get more members that could get us another one to add to the squad would be much better than us all thinking that they don't need much more help as HSL has already supported the signing of several players.

marinello59
06-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Agree with you totally. The only small thing I'm questioning is why we have Dempster telling us that HSL has helped to bring several players when I don't think that works through.

When we signed players in the summer almost all of them had mention that it had happened with the support of HSL!

I'm just in favour of promoting it but keeping the impact so far based on reality! I think the message that you have directly contributed to one quality player and if we get more members that could get us another one to add to the squad would be much better than us all thinking that they don't need much more help as HSL has already supported the signing of several players.

You really have a strange way of looking at this.
Downplaying the good that this scheme does? I hope you are not in sales. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Perhaps it's an extra 500 quid a week for 4 or 5 players we wouldn't have got? :confused:

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Perhaps it's an extra 500 quid a week for 4 or 5 players we wouldn't have got? :confused:

Exactly what I posted above. The additional funds may have helped us secure 3 or 4 players we otherwise may have missed out on

Andy74
06-11-2015, 05:07 PM
You really have a strange way of looking at this.
Downplaying the good that this scheme does? I hope you are not in sales. :greengrin

It's not downplaying it, it is presenting it in a way that encourages a need for future sales!
:greengrin

Andy74
06-11-2015, 05:09 PM

That just works out the same way though doesn't it as Hibs have had to pay the rest on all of them as opposed to HSL being able to say they have totally funded 1 or 2.

I take the point though, it is one way of presenting it and perhaps what they are getting at.

emerald green
06-11-2015, 06:13 PM

Does the year 1875 ring any bells?

HappyHibby93
06-11-2015, 06:22 PM

I'm not so sure you are a big fan of HSL. :confused:

You have said on other threads that you can't see why we (HFC) would need a collective, you can't see why fans would transfer some of their share holding over to HSL, I just don't understand where you are coming from, it's very strange to me.

I'd like to ask, where do you think our club will be in 10/20 years time after RP & STF have moved on?

It's not a trick question, just your thoughts. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Does the year 1875 ring any bells?

I think you might be on the end of an almighty WHOOSH.

emerald green
06-11-2015, 06:31 PM
I think you might be on the end of an almighty WHOOSH.

Ah well, it won't be the first time Blackpool. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Ah well, it won't be the first time Blackpool. :greengrin

:greengrin

BSEJVT
06-11-2015, 06:40 PM
I think HSL is a great thing.

I am pretty sure that somewhere within the club thoughts will turn to how the funding the club is receiving through HSL will continue once the magical 51% is achieved.

Any yes I know its many moons away before that will happen.

But unless there is that continuity our player budget will fall overnight by whatever HSL are pumping in at that time.

I would guess and what predicated my initial question is that many of the subscribers are happy to help the club and any membership / voting rights that come alongside it are the icing on the cake.

Regardless of whether HSL has helped fund 1. 5 or 10 players, its a long time since we have had as many decent players on the park and in the squad as we do now.

I still have to decide / negotiate :-) whether my monies will be used to buy a half season ticket or as a donation to HSL.

Finally, it is in danger of being lost in the traffic that STF's repayment of the Bank Loans and replacing them with a reduced non interest bearing loan from the company, will at least at this point in time have had more impact on the playing budget than HSL. (If provision for future capital repayments due under the old loans is made)

So much for a Ponzi scheme!

God Petrie
06-11-2015, 06:48 PM
If you're an existing shareholder do you have to go through HSL?

CropleyWasGod
06-11-2015, 07:10 PM
If you're an existing shareholder do you have to go through HSL?
You do now. The cut-off for new shareholder applications was a few months back.
Prior to that, no. You could have done either or both.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Andy74
06-11-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm not so sure you are a big fan of HSL. :confused:

You have said on other threads that you can't see why we (HFC) would need a collective, you can't see why fans would transfer some of their share holding over to HSL, I just don't understand where you are coming from, it's very strange to me.

I'd like to ask, where do you think our club will be in 10/20 years time after RP & STF have moved on?

It's not a trick question, just your thoughts. :wink:

Fair question.

I bought shares direct and subscribe to HSL and I was one of those who had asked them if I could keep payments going after the membership was gained. I see it as a way of people getting more cash into Hibs. That's always good.

My previous comments in collectives and transferring shares held directly is because I am in favour of those who buy direct having their own small voice to go with their holding. It's the point of buying direct. You own and have a direct say for your little share.

Overall I'm not bothered about fan ownership and fans running the club. Collective committees and so on do my head in.

My current comments are just about messaging not on the merits of the scheme.

HappyHibby93
06-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Fair question.

I bought shares direct and subscribe to HSL and I was one of those who had asked them if I could keep payments going after the membership was gained. I see it as a way of people getting more cash into Hibs. That's always good.

My previous comments in collectives and transferring shares held directly is because I am in favour of those who buy direct having their own small voice to go with their holding. It's the point of buying direct. You own and have a direct say for your little share.

Overall I'm not bothered about fan ownership and fans running the club. Collective committees and so on do my head in.

My current comments are just about messaging not on the merits of the scheme.

But where do you see us in 10/20 years?

I'm not being a smart ar$e, but you haven't actually answered the Q :wink: curious more than anything as to what your take on this is.

Mibbes Aye
06-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Can see your point, but I think with Boyle, Carmichael and Anier all on the books too as attacking players I think the midfield and attacking areas are very well covered just now. Good position to be in. Personally, I think it's the best midfield since the Mowbray/Collins era where we had Boozy, Brown, Thomson, Stewart

I think you're right about our attacking options, I guess my concern was about people putting it into the back of the net. Given how we play however, maybe we don't need to rely as much on out-and-out goalscorers at the top of the formation if we are allowing everyone else to get in scoring positions and they are converting.

You're right, we certainly do seem to have a ridiculously good squad from midfield onwards, by comparison to previous years. Hopefully we get better still.

Can't help thinking our discussion is maybe on the wrong thread though :greengrin

Andy74
07-11-2015, 09:31 AM
But where do you see us in 10/20 years?

I'm not being a smart ar$e, but you haven't actually answered the Q :wink: curious more than anything as to what your take on this is.

I've answered the question. I support HSL as a way of getting money into the club. I've never been bothered about fan ownership and I'm not really dead against it either. It would need to be very carefully led if we do get to that stage. Committees of fans can be a real nightmare. Committees of anything can be a nightmare.

In 10 to 20 years I just want to see us safe and secure. We've had that under Sir Tom and he is one person that I trust to do the right thing with his shareholding in the future. I think whatever happens you just scrutinise at the time. We don't own those shares to be able to make plans with.

Building up a decent fan stake of course gives a bit of comfort that those people have the clubs interests at heart so I'm happy with the way things are forming.

Leithenhibby
07-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Signed up yesterday. Only took a few minutes. GGTTH

Just signed up and would encourage all that can to do so, it all helps get us back to where we should be GGTTH

Brilliant, very much appreciated. :aok:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

Andy74
07-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Brilliant, very much appreciated. :aok:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

By the way, the HSL site is murder on mobile. Is that being looked at?