PDA

View Full Version : Hibs playing Everton in closed doors game ??

worcesterhibby
05-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Just been told by an Everton fan mate of mine that we are playing the Toffees at Goodison, in a closed doors game during the International break. Seemingly Everton want a game to get Leighton Baines match fit and phoned up Alan Stubbs..anyone heard about this or is he winding me up ?

SteveHFC
05-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Why not make it PATG and turn it into a away day. :wink:

theonlywayisup
05-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Just been told by an Everton fan mate of mine that we are playing the Toffees at Goodison, in a closed doors game during the International break. Seemingly Everton want a game to get Leighton Baines match fit and phoned up Alan Stubbs..anyone heard about this or is he winding me up ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34732820

:cb

Nameless
05-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Will it be Goodison, or the training ground? Playing in an empty stadium would be weird.

worcesterhibby
05-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Will it be Goodison, or the training ground? Playing in an empty stadium would be weird.
My mate said Goodison, but he's not very reliable and is a wind up merchant so it may be all rubbish.

DH1875
05-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Would we go all that way for a closed door game?
I'm still surprised we didnt play them pre season.

lucky
05-11-2015, 05:20 PM
How good would it be if they allowed us in. That's a nice wee trip

Albanian Hibs
05-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Let us in!!!

Alex Trager
05-11-2015, 05:39 PM
Agreed. Let us in.
What an away trip that would be.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Calm down calm down.

Jack
05-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Surely we should be going to La Manga?

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Bugger .... been waiting for Hibs to play a friendly in Liverpool for years, especially at Goodison and its gonna be behind closed doors :grr:

If this is true at all of course. To be honest I cant see why Stubbsy would commit any of the first team squad to a friendly match after the tough two weeks we have had, including this coming Saturday ... I would have thought the best thing to do would be to rest as many players as possible.

Team for Goodison:

Reguero

Forster
McGregor ..... at a push
Fontaine ....... at a push
Eckersley

Carmichael
Bartley
McGeouch ..... if he doesn't play on Saturday
Boyle

El Alagui
Feruz

ancient hibee
05-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Bugger .... been waiting for Hibs to play a friendly in Liverpool for years, especially at Goodison and its gonna be behind closed doors :grr:

If this is true at all of course. To be honest I cant see why Stubbsy would commit any of the first team squad to a friendly match after the tough two weeks we have had, including this coming Saturday ... I would have thought the best thing to do would be to rest as many players as possible.

Team for Goodison:

Reguero

Forster
McGregor ..... at a push
Fontaine ....... at a push
Eckersley

Carmichael
Bartley
McGeouch ..... if he doesn't play on Saturday
Boyle

El Alagui
Feruz

More than good enough to see off any Everton team.

Baldy Foghorn
05-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Why would we play a bounce game at the weekend when we have a match on the Tuesday night against Livingston?

Scouse Hibee
05-11-2015, 08:46 PM

It would surely be at Finch Farm, there is no way Hibs would send the entire first team to a training match in my opinion.

dp00
05-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Why would we play a bounce game at the weekend when we have a match on the Tuesday night against Livingston?

Has it not been re-scheduled ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
05-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Has it not been re-scheduled ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rescheduled from 14th to the 17th

worcesterhibby
05-11-2015, 10:35 PM
spoke to him again and I'm pretty sure he is winding me up..must have seen the BBC page and decided to pull my leg..at least I think so..looks like a wind up..sorry i mentioned it..stand down everybody