PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs and Cummings

The Sundance Kid
05-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Congratulations to Alan Stubbs and Jason Cummings for deservedly picking up Championship manager and player of the month for October

Vault Boy
05-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Very well deserved, congrats to both of them.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2015, 02:13 PM
Nice one.

Made an excellent start to retain awards this month.

Scottie
05-11-2015, 02:19 PM
That's a dreadful decision I thought it would be 'the man wi the magic hat' and Fat horn. :cb

:gwa: :aok:

Hibby Gav
05-11-2015, 03:23 PM
For once the 'Bigwigs' get it right...
Congratulations to Alan and the Zing King ....hopefully lots more trophies to come this season !!

gtth

bingo70
05-11-2015, 03:37 PM
That's a few high profile good wins we've had and people will be taking notice. Given his reputation down south I think we could struggle to hold on to Stubbs.

Imo it's a matter of time until a decent sized English championship club make a move for him.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2015, 03:43 PM
That's a few high profile good wins we've had and people will be taking notice. Given his reputation down south I think we could struggle to hold on to Stubbs.

Imo it's a matter of time until a decent sized championship club make a move for him.

He's already with one.

bingo70
05-11-2015, 03:45 PM
He's already with one.

Fair point, post edited!

Famous Fiver
05-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Bad omen.

How many times after a Manager of the Month award does it all go pete tong in the next game?

Wilson
05-11-2015, 05:40 PM

Imo it's a matter of time until a decent sized English championship club make a move for him.

I like Stubbs. Hope he stays and sees the job through. Getting these lads promoted and having a crack at the SPL with them would be good experience for his coaching career.

Having said that our set-up is supposed to endure regardless of a change in head coach. It would be interesting to see thst put to the test. Hopefully later rather than sooner though.

California-Hibs
05-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Bad omen.

How many times after a Manager of the Month award does it all go pete tong in the next game?

This is a completely different Hibs team now. We've already put some of the 'Hibs Omans' to bed recently. How often would we follow up that Rangers win with a poor performance and loss?

Onwards and upwards

bingo70
05-11-2015, 05:43 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/1332064-jason-cummings-on-banter-alan-stubbs-and-hibernians-premiership-push/

Funny interview with Cummings there. Great to see a footballer with a bit personality at the club.

hibeemikey21
05-11-2015, 05:52 PM

One of the good things about Stubbs' history is that I'm sure he's fine financially, given his playing career. If a club could move him closer to his family; however......

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 06:07 PM
One of the good things about Stubbs' history is that I'm sure he's fine financially, given his playing career. If a club could move him closer to his family; however......

Yeh .... His family are obviously important to him and there's no doubt a job in Lancashire for example would be tempting for him. Just no the now please Stubbsy.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Well deserved.

What has impressed me most about Cummings this season is a lot of the daft wee things that annoyed me, and I think distracted him, last season seem to be gone from his game. Throwing his arms up in the air, lying down for about 5 minutes after he thought he'd been fouled, kicking the ground in temper etc all seems to have stopped. It's the sign of a player maturing imo. Of course the fact the rest of his game seems to be improving week after week is also fantastic.

Both he and Stubbs are well deserving of the awards they have received.

greenlex
05-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Well deserved.

What has impressed me most about Cummings this season is a lot of the daft wee things that annoyed me, and I think distracted him, last season seem to be gone from his game. Throwing his arms up in the air, lying down for about 5 minutes after he thought he'd been fouled, kicking the ground in temper etc all seems to have stopped. It's the sign of a player maturing imo. Of course the fact the rest of his game seems to be improving week after week is also fantastic.

Both he and Stubbs are well deserving of the awards they have received.
Me too Pretty boy. I always thought he had the makings if another Tam. McManus. He looks like he us maturing into a fine footballer

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-11-2015, 06:58 PM
JC today. "Getting released by Hearts is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Gotta love the guy even more!

Alex Trager
06-11-2015, 07:31 AM
That interview is class. As soon as he is on the screen it made me laugh. He's just one of those people

Alex Trager
06-11-2015, 07:31 AM
JC today. "Getting released by Hearts is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Where did he say that?

woodythehibee
06-11-2015, 08:31 AM

Pretty sure that quote is from last year before we played them.

lord bunberry
06-11-2015, 09:38 AM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/1332064-jason-cummings-on-banter-alan-stubbs-and-hibernians-premiership-push/

Funny interview with Cummings there. Great to see a footballer with a bit personality at the club.
:faf::faf::faf: That's quality.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Pretty sure that quote is from last year before we played them.

Said it yesterday on bbc news when being interviewed for his potm award.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Where did he say that?

Yesterday on bbc news when talking about his potm awars