PDA

View Full Version : Comparison compared to last season

CallumLaidlaw
05-11-2015, 10:08 AM
I've done a wee breakdown of our first 16 games in the league and League cup between this season and last season as I was interested to see how we compared. For the purpose of the comparison i attributed the normal 3/1/0 points for the league cup games.

So, last season, in our first 16 games, we had an average of 52% possession. This year we've had an average of 55%.

Last season we took 222 shots, 97 of which were on target (43.7%) and we scored 26 of these shots (11.7% of total shots).
This season we've taken 220 shots, 99 of which have hit the target (45%). We've scored 30 of these (13.6% of total shots).

Last season we conceded 18 goals (1.125 goals per game). This season we've conceded 8 goals in 16 games (0.5 goals per game)

Finally we collected 26 points over these 16 games last season, while we have collected 40 points this season.

So while our shots/shots on target to goals is much the same, we ARE taking slightly more of our chances. We are controlling games more, and most importantly leaking much less goals (which we all knew).

I may track this as the season goes on, as it was around this point last season that we picked up.

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2015, 11:31 AM
Interesting stats on shots v chances taken. Goes to show that those criticising the strikers last season were wrong as the big difference this year has been not conceding silly goals.

worcesterhibby
05-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Good Work..interesting...well done to the whole team for defending better .

RCNG
05-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Great stats. Time spent in opponents half would be a good one, as well as time opponents spent in out half/penalty area.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2015, 09:30 PM
Surprised that we've taken less shots this season. Good that our accuracy has improved though

portycabbage
05-11-2015, 10:08 PM
We've done better against the teams immediately below us this season - in 12 games, we won 13 points (and dropped 23 points) out of 36 available (W3,D4,L5) v Falkirk/QOS/Raith last season. This season, we have 12 points from 4 games against the same teams.

monktonharp
05-11-2015, 10:18 PM
I've done a wee breakdown of our first 16 games in the league and League cup between this season and last season as I was interested to see how we compared. For the purpose of the comparison i attributed the normal 3/1/0 points for the league cup games.

So, last season, in our first 16 games, we had an average of 52% possession. This year we've had an average of 55%.

Last season we took 222 shots, 97 of which were on target (43.7%) and we scored 26 of these shots (11.7% of total shots).
This season we've taken 220 shots, 99 of which have hit the target (45%). We've scored 30 of these (13.6% of total shots).

Last season we conceded 18 goals (1.125 goals per game). This season we've conceded 8 goals in 16 games (0.5 goals per game)

Finally we collected 26 points over these 16 games last season, while we have collected 40 points this season.

So while our shots/shots on target to goals is much the same, we ARE taking slightly more of our chances. We are controlling games more, and most importantly leaking much less goals (which we all knew).

I may track this as the season goes on, as it was around this point last season that we picked up.all interesting facts and well done for the work. However, there already seems to be more off the ball incidents around Easter Road stadium at this date, than the whole of last season. :wink: stay on the pavement, and don't jump in front of traffic.:greengrin