PDA

View Full Version : Massive game on Saturday...

3pm
05-11-2015, 08:44 AM
It just is.

DH1875
05-11-2015, 08:56 AM
We same to be saying this a lot, but have to agree. Should be our hardest game until we play rangers again so 3 points would be massive.

Ozyhibby
05-11-2015, 08:58 AM
We same to be saying this a lot, but have to agree. Should be our hardest game until we play rangers again so 3 points would be massive.

It will remain so till the end of the season. That's the nature of title races. Every game is more important than the last.
Bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
05-11-2015, 09:02 AM
It will remain so till the end of the season. That's the nature of title races. Every game is more important than the last.
Bring it on.

Was just about to say the same. Every single game is now a massive points. Doesnt matter who we are playing, 3 points are whats required.

I do agree tho that this is the type of game "old Hibs" would slip up in after a couple of massive results. The fans are starting to come back, the optimism is high. To win this would be very "un-Hibs" and will make me believe that we genuinely can push Rangers for the title.

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
I cant help thinking this is going to be a really tough game for us .... it was clear to see from the game at ER what a stuffy and physical lot St Mirren are.

We have played two physical and energy sapping games in the last 4 days and its going to be a hard shift for the players to maintain the admirable pace and intensity they have shown in these games on Saturday. The good news is that after St Mirren we don't have a game until the 17th so the players who aren't on international duty will get a chance to re charge their batteries.

I'll settle for a scrappy 1 - 0 win in this one.

hibsbollah
05-11-2015, 11:14 AM
St Mirren will be fired up after losing 3-0 against Falkirk and a home defeat for them even this early leaves them with a mountain to climb. I know we're all full of confidence but a point at a tough away ground wouldn't be a total disaster. Theres a long way to go and lots of opportunities to catch the huns.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2015, 11:21 AM
St Mirren will be fired up after losing 3-0 against Falkirk and a home defeat for them even this early leaves them with a mountain to climb. I know we're all full of confidence but a point at a tough away ground wouldn't be a total disaster. Theres a long way to go and lots of opportunities to catch the huns.

Don't see where there will be lots of opportunities to catch them. Don't see them dropping many points to other teams. Having just got back in to it we can't undo last weeks result. We just need to keep winning, draws are as good as a defeat in this title race IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Don't see where there will be lots of opportunities to catch them. Don't see them dropping many points to other teams. Having just got back in to it we can't undo last weeks result. We just need to keep winning, draws are as good as a defeat in this title race IMO.

I agree with this, but I get where Hibsbollah is coming from too. Tell you what, if Hibs can walk away from this one with three points after the effort we have already put in this week I for one will be truly impressed.

bingo70
05-11-2015, 11:27 AM

Disagree, need to get the 3 points here. If we can do that we get a breather for a couple of weeks and then hopefully continue the run after the break.

If we drop points here it'd be a huge boost to the rangers who are unlikely to drop any points over the next few games.

hibsbollah
05-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Disagree, need to get the 3 points here. If we can do that we get a breather for a couple of weeks and then hopefully continue the run after the break.

If we drop points here it'd be a huge boost to the rangers who are unlikely to drop any points over the next few games.

Obviously the three points is the aim but I'd hope it wouldn't be a case of 'here we go again, same old hibs, we've been let down by the players' overreaction if we get a draw at a tough fixture. We are on an upward curve regardless.

Johnny_Leith
05-11-2015, 11:40 AM
St mirren lost 2 players to suspension after their red cards last week, also Keith watson who was one of their best performers is injured.

Have to watch out for Mallan in midfield who's a player but confident in Stubbs and the team!

Got my tickets, bring it on

SeanWilson
05-11-2015, 11:46 AM
I've seen enough both last season and more importantly once we got going this season, that we have managed to shake off 'the old hibs'...

All be it on a completely different scale, hibs are becomming the 13/14 Liverpool team for me now... i expect us to win every game. The team are so confident in what they are being asked to do that i dont even think 3 games in a week will make a difference. We create so many chances and are starting to put some away. We were always better than the team that came to play us under AS, we just lacked the ability to put away the park the bus type team... i now think we can.

I see this is another 2/3 nil victory for the hibees and long may it continue!

lord bunberry
05-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Every game is the most important game of the season from now on. One more big effort on Saturday then the players can have a well deserved break.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 11:59 AM
I was going to give this a miss but no way am I missing it now. Ticket bought this morning.

jdships
05-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Bring it on.

:agree:
Can't argue with that take :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
05-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Confident but not overly confident. Every game is a huge game, we need to stick with Rangers all the way and hope teams can pick up points of them.

mim
05-11-2015, 12:11 PM
I was going to give this a miss but no way am I missing it now. Ticket bought this morning.

You and me both :flag:

Bad Martini
05-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Every game IS massive. That's true.

The same however applies for the tax dodgers. They are 5 points ahead of us with the pressure firmly on them to NOT slip up (which they done, monumentally, in losing 3 points to us last week).

The rest of the league ARE beatable. The huns have had a few close scrapes. There is no way in hell they (or us) wont drop more points along the way. They are ideally now on a wee downer and we are going the other way....

Keep, the faith!

GGTTH

ENDOF

mutley
05-11-2015, 12:20 PM
I cant help thinking this is going to be a really tough game for us .... it was clear to see from the game at ER what a stuffy and physical lot St Mirren are.

We have played two physical and energy sapping games in the last 4 days and its going to be a hard shift for the players to maintain the admirable pace and intensity they have shown in these games on Saturday. The good news is that after St Mirren we don't have a game until the 17th so the players who aren't on international duty will get a chance to re charge their batteries.

I'll settle for a scrappy 1 - 0 win in this one.

To be honest, I'd take a scrappy 1-0 every week if it meant picking up 3 points.

I would like to see us reducing the goal difference gap as well as points gap between us and the Huns, just to pile more pressure on them and then snatch the league title out of their grasp. (and then watch them fail to win the play-offs

PatHead
05-11-2015, 12:23 PM

The same however applies for the tax dodgers. They are 5 points ahead of us with the pressure firmly on them to NOT slip up (which they done, monumentally, in losing 3 points to us last week).

The rest of the league ARE beatable. The huns have had a few close scrapes. There is no way in hell they (or us) wont drop more points along the way. They are ideally now on a wee downer and we are going the other way....

Keep, the faith!

GGTTH

ENDOF

Especially bearing in mind they were 11 points ahead and had the league in the bag a couple of weeks ago.

scoopyboy
05-11-2015, 12:23 PM
St mirren lost 2 players to suspension after their red cards last week, also Keith watson who was one of their best performers is injured.

Have to watch out for Mallan in midfield who's a player but confident in Stubbs and the team!

Got my tickets, bring it on

What a shock, Keith Watson injured.

monktonharp
05-11-2015, 12:34 PM

Got my tickets, bring it onSt. Mirren are riddled with players liable to be booked, or better still for us, players that only have one way to stop a fast player going past them near or in the box. they are very physical, and have a born thug wi' grey hair in the middle of the park. he may get his comeuppance on Saturday. hopefully a lot of Hibs fans will travel, to see the team playing great fitba' and full of confidence at the moment

monktonharp
05-11-2015, 12:39 PM

Keep, the faith!

GGTTH

ENDOFthe downside is they have Alloa this week, and a perfect scenario for a pick me up/ they will drop points though and we can hope that even occasional draws for them, while we keep on a winning streak is the best we can expect until we meet them again.

EdinMike
05-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Fatigue can't be the death of us, keep going and go on doing us proud !!

Kato
05-11-2015, 12:41 PM
There are signs that Stubbs has instilled some resilience in the team. Something missing at Hibs for many a season. Time will tell.

jacomo
05-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Every game is the most important game of the season from now on. One more big effort on Saturday then the players can have a well deserved break.

Good point. Fight for this like our lives depend on it, then relax.

monktonharp
05-11-2015, 12:51 PM
he also has a much better squad and flexibility this season. horses for courses and all that.

JimBHibees
05-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Get as many shots in at Langfield and he is a stick on to spill a couple, awful goalie IMO.

Spike Mandela
05-11-2015, 01:04 PM
It's a pity Rangers are playing Alloa this week quite possibly the worst team I have seen at this level for quite some time. Would have been interesting if they were away to Falkirk or Raith or something like that.

DH1875
05-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Think rangers have to go to raith and falkirk this quarter. 3 points for us on saturday and they really will start to kite themselves.

mutley
05-11-2015, 01:46 PM
It's a pity Rangers are playing Alloa this week quite possibly the worst team I have seen at this level for quite some time. Would have been interesting if they were away to Falkirk or Raith or something like that.

But how funny would it be if Alloa took a point or 3 off them though? Look what happened to Aberdeen after we beat them.

GGTTH

erin go bragh
05-11-2015, 03:04 PM

I would be gutted if we dropped 2 points on Saturday after finally putting some pressure on Sevco . Anything other than a win would imo would be disastrous after beating them last Sun . Fwiw I'm confidant we will beat them with a few goals .

GGTTH

--------
05-11-2015, 03:31 PM
I would be gutted if we dropped 2 points on Saturday after finally putting some pressure on Sevco . Anything other than a win would imo would be disastrous after beating them last Sun . Fwiw I'm confidant we will beat them with a few goals .

GGTTH

Nobody wins championships thinking only some of the games really count - or that they only have to turn up to take the points, which I really hope Rangers will think about the Alloa game.

This one's very tricky and I'll be more than happy if Hibs get past it with the three points and no injuries or red cards. St Mirren are a physical team so I hope the referee has a good one but that said we should have enough to win the game.

I wouldn't say "disastrous" if we didn't win; "disappointing"would be more like it. But the League has a long way to go yet.

B.H.F.C
05-11-2015, 03:38 PM
If we can get the win on Saturday then it means we go in to the Livingston game with the chance to cut the gap to two points as Rangers don't play their rearranged game until the start of December. Granted they'll have the game in hand but the smaller the gap the more pressure they'll be under.

Smartie
05-11-2015, 03:40 PM
It would be very disappointing if we didn't win on Saturday. But I agree that it wouldn't be disastrous. Not the attitude to go into the game with but if - after the event - that's all we've got then we have to deal with it.

You have to win your home games and you have to put away the part-time teams comprehensively, no question. That's why our results against Dumbarton and St Mirren were dreadful.

But the mark of champions is when you can go to the grounds of the stronger/ bigger teams in the league and win.

After Saturday we'll have been to Raith, Falkirk, Ibrox and St Mirren. If we win then we'll only have lost to Rangers out of those games. They've already won at St Mirren but they lost at Easter Road. A win for us on Saturday will pile the pressure on them to win at Falkirk and Raith and they will really feel the pressure if the drop any points in those games then.

We just have to keep winning our games though.

S4uzee
05-11-2015, 03:42 PM
This will be a very difficult game on Saturday IMO. It's vital to get the first goal unlike the last game at ER

Steve20
05-11-2015, 03:43 PM
We must win on Saturday, IMO. And yes, it would be a disaster for our chances of winning the league if we don't. Rangers are going to drop hardly any points to the other sides in the league, that is pretty guaranteed. So we MUST win our games and the head to heads against Rangers to win it.

Drop points this weekend and it's the playoffs again.

Andy74
05-11-2015, 03:45 PM
If we can get the win on Saturday then it means we go in to the Livingston game with the chance to cut the gap to two points as Rangers don't play their rearranged game until the start of December. Granted they'll have the game in hand but the smaller the gap the more pressure they'll be under.

Livingston is postponed is it not? Did I miss the new date?

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Livingston is postponed is it not? Did I miss the new date?

Tuesday 17th.

Andy74
05-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Tuesday 17th.

Thanks, did miss it then!

--------
05-11-2015, 03:58 PM
It would be very disappointing if we didn't win on Saturday. But I agree that it wouldn't be disastrous. Not the attitude to go into the game with but if - after the event - that's all we've got then we have to deal with it.

You have to win your home games and you have to put away the part-time teams comprehensively, no question. That's why our results against Dumbarton and St Mirren were dreadful.

But the mark of champions is when you can go to the grounds of the stronger/ bigger teams in the league and win.

After Saturday we'll have been to Raith, Falkirk, Ibrox and St Mirren. If we win then we'll only have lost to Rangers out of those games. They've already won at St Mirren but they lost at Easter Road. A win for us on Saturday will pile the pressure on them to win at Falkirk and Raith and they will really feel the pressure if the drop any points in those games then.

We just have to keep winning our games though.

:agree: Make no mistake - I want a win, and a win should be what we go for and get.

The Dumbarton game was a shocker and got us off to exactly the wrong start. We were 'unfortunate' in many ways to lose at Ibrox - how often have we come away saying that over the years???? Against St Mirren at ER again we were 'unfortunate', but in Scotland you have to expect that when The Rangers are your main rivals.

There's been a real improvement in the team over the past dozen games and obviously we want to see that continue. Three weeks ago I think I'd have been content with a place in the playoffs and a team that looked good enough to get through them. After all, that's a perfectly legitimate way to gain promotion. Now I think this team can do more than that, and that's what I want from them in the second half of the season.

But I don't think we should be projecting too far ahead.

You know, I can almost cope when Hibs are mid-table with no expectations.

It's when hope dawns and possibilities begin to open up that the fear and pain come back. :worried:

:wink:

murray26
05-11-2015, 06:06 PM
To me Saturday will tell us if we'll put in a genuine title challenge.. Absolutely huge game.. Hopefully see a big away crowd too..

Libby Hibby
05-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Saturday, IMO, will show me if we have the belief to win this league...a win is huge for all concerned in the title race, not just Hibs

Sir David Gray
05-11-2015, 06:26 PM
This is a massive game for us.

It's the third match at the end of a tough week and we need to win in order to keep the pressure up on Sevco.

If we don't win, questions will be asked again about our mental toughness.

We need a big performance from the players, get the win by any means necessary and then the players will have a well deserved 10 day break before the next match against Livingston.

05-11-2015, 06:39 PM
As someone already quite rightly mentioned, in a title race EVERY game is massive, EVERY game is a vital 3 points. Especially since we are playing catch up.

We can't afford to keep to much of a look over to rangers, we just need to keep our heads down and keep winning.

CorrieHibs
05-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Think rangers have to go to raith and falkirk this quarter. 3 points for us on saturday and they really will start to kite themselves.

They have Raith, Falkirk and us all in December.

ALF TUPPER
05-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Huge game and the Hibees will be there in force. We'll sell our allocation, I'm sure, and make a helluva noise.

Get yourselves along there. 👍⚽️⚽️

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
05-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Huge game and the Hibees will be there in force. We'll sell our allocation, I'm sure, and make a helluva noise.

Get yourselves along there. ⚽️⚽️

GGTTH

No question of that Alf ,but are you bringing along the West of Scotland Branch Flag :wink::gwa:

H18S NX
05-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Don't see where there will be lots of opportunities to catch them. Don't see them dropping many points to other teams. Having just got back in to it we can't undo last weeks result. We just need to keep winning, draws are as good as a defeat in this title race IMO....i agree

Libby Hibby
05-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Looks like our end is a sell out

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Looks like our end is a sell out

Still 1 section with availability but that will sell out by Saturday.

murray26
05-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Surely there will be tickets for the other stand that is usually empty.. Hope so because I haven't got mines and can't get to ER before sat..

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Surely there will be tickets for the other stand that is usually empty.. Hope so because I haven't got mines and can't get to ER before sat..

I'm going down to ER tomorrow to pick up my tickets. If you get one online PM me your details and I'll collect it for you and meet you on Saturday.

Libby Hibby
05-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Still 1 section with availability but that will sell out by Saturday.

What section? As I can't add any to my basket at the moment? When I spoke to the ticket office during the week, St Mirren told us to sell in the order of N3,N4,N5,N2 (Where I am) then N1

Billy Whizz
05-11-2015, 07:42 PM

Think they said we could get 1/2 of the stand opposite the main stand, if we sold out behind the goals. Is the stand BTG now sold out?

Libby Hibby
05-11-2015, 07:44 PM
What section? As I can't add any to my basket at the moment? When I spoke to the ticket office during the week, St Mirren told us to sell in the order of N3,N4,N5,N2 (Where I am) then N1

Apologies, seats in N1 still available via the drop down

murray26
05-11-2015, 07:53 PM
I'm going down to ER tomorrow to pick up my tickets. If you get one online PM me your details and I'll collect it for you and meet you on Saturday.

Cheers for the offer but I'll head through early and get tickets for the other stand.. I'm confident if I get through sharp I'll get a couple..

monktonharp
05-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Apologies, seats in N1 still available via the drop downI still hope we sell out the original allocation,as the bigger the support, the harder the players will play for a win imho. Also, our branch needs a lot of enquiries for seats, or we will take a loss:dummytit:some regulars not going,some going by other means due to our slightly later departure.:boo hoo:

ALF TUPPER
05-11-2015, 08:31 PM
No question of that Alf ,but are you bringing along the West of Scotland Branch Flag :wink::gwa:

I don't have it Ronnie , Vini is it's custodian I think.

Vini ?? 😊

Slicer
05-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Saturday will be a great game to go to. We have the momentum, our main striker is flying, defence are tighter than 2 coats of paint and the fans have the belief and will travel in numbers. Reminds me of away trips in the Mowbray era.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Really tough game in store I reckon, 3 points are a must!
Let's just hope we can lose an early goal through there again to take away the fear of losing an early goal. Will take some doing to beat 11 seconds but I have full faith in Stubbs and the current defence to deliver the goods

Sir David Gray
05-11-2015, 09:48 PM
Really tough game in store I reckon, 3 points are a must!
Let's just hope we can lose an early goal through there again to take away the fear of losing an early goal. Will take some doing to beat 11 seconds but I have full faith in Stubbs and the current defence to deliver the goods

Thank God we did lose that early goal though or else we might have ended up being relegated that season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Thank God we did lose that early goal though or else we might have ended up being relegated that season.

Glad we avoided that pitfall

Jim44
06-11-2015, 12:19 AM
I think we'll win hands down by at least two clear goals.

monktonharp
06-11-2015, 12:25 AM
I think we'll win hands down by at least two clear goals.not overconfident Jim but I feel the same. 3-1 the Hibees.

HappyAsHellas
06-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Just got my tickets for this and can't wait for it. I think our gradual improvement is now really gathering momentum which was very evident last night. Honestly think we just have too much class in the middle and up front for St Mirren to handle. I noticed when they played the huns at home they were not sitting in, but taking the game to them. Hopefully they will play a more open style on Saturday which will suit us nicely. As has been said, every game now is massive and that only happens when you're up there challenging. Brilliant.

monktonharp
06-11-2015, 01:12 AM
Just got my tickets for this and can't wait for it. I think our gradual improvement is now really gathering momentum which was very evident last night. Honestly think we just have too much class in the middle and up front for St Mirren to handle. I noticed when they played the huns at home they were not sitting in, but taking the game to them. Hopefully they will play a more open style on Saturday which will suit us nicely. As has been said, every game now is massive and that only happens when you're up there challenging. Brilliant.yup, hopefully they will need to play a more open game at their home ground. they were very defensive at ER, and played for the draw they stole.

Greenworld
06-11-2015, 06:46 AM
not overconfident Jim but I feel the same. 3-1 the Hibees.
If you cant be confident now I doubt you will ever be.
They are a poor outfit another 3 points is in the bag 100%

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

oneone73
06-11-2015, 08:01 AM
Just got my tickets for this and can't wait for it. I think our gradual improvement is now really gathering momentum which was very evident last night. Honestly think we just have too much class in the middle and up front for St Mirren to handle. I noticed when they played the huns at home they were not sitting in, but taking the game to them. Hopefully they will play a more open style on Saturday which will suit us nicely. As has been said, every game now is massive and that only happens when you're up there challenging. Brilliant.

I can't see them flooding forward with Alex Miller calling the shots.

Ronniekirk
06-11-2015, 08:28 AM
I can't see them flooding forward with Alex Miller calling the shots.

Millers influence and players just up for the game because we are now the form team and there to be shot down are factors that could make this a more difficult game than folk think Have seen them a few times and sometimes rank rotten but at others they look a decent team who are underperforming
Langfield will either have a great game or drop clangers , think they have a few players out , but ones capable of causing problems are Gallagher,Shankland ,Mallon and Agnew if he is given licence to shoot from distance .Thomson looked to use his experience against Rangers and had his best game for a while .
But as long as we don't tire as game goes on and take our chances we are more than capable of beating them
There is a Fireworks display in Paisley on Saturday Night ,but during the day lets hope the saints are damp squibs ,and we produce the fireworks

Borderhibbie76
06-11-2015, 08:48 AM
We must win on Saturday, IMO. And yes, it would be a disaster for our chances of winning the league if we don't. Rangers are going to drop hardly any points to the other sides in the league, that is pretty guaranteed. So we MUST win our games and the head to heads against Rangers to win it.

Drop points this weekend and it's the playoffs again.
Absolute nonsense. ..in what way is it guaranteed the Rangers won't drop points?? Yes we need to win on Sat to keep the pressure on mate...but saying if we don't it's the play offs is ridiculous imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk