PDA

View Full Version : Media Biscuits

Moulin Yarns
05-11-2015, 08:43 AM
Listening to the Dundee Utd game on Radio Scotland and my wife, who is not a football fan almost choked on her coffee when star reporter, Biscuits, said "Cummings shoots, but it's straight down the throat of Szromnik".

Classy!

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Listening to the Dundee Utd game on Radio Scotland and my wife, who is not a football fan almost choked on her coffee when star reporter, Biscuits, said "Cummings shoots, but it's straight down the throat of Szromnik".

Classy!

Filthy bitch. :greengrin

wazoo1875
05-11-2015, 08:58 AM
😂😂😂

portycabbage
05-11-2015, 09:27 AM
A few weeks ago, Jonathan Pearce came out with the phrase "a tickled finish beyond the excellent Butt Land"

HibeesLittleHel
05-11-2015, 10:03 AM
On the subject of "biscuits" on the way to the game I heard him make a reference to Keatings about how now his off field issues are behind him he can kick on. Now I follow things Hibs pretty comprehensively and cannot recall anything about off field issues with Keats. Was he being indiscreet and unprofessional as per usual or have I missed something?

Kato
05-11-2015, 10:09 AM
On the subject of "biscuits" on the way to the game I heard him make a reference to Keatings about how now his off field issues are behind him he can kick on. Now I follow things Hibs pretty comprehensively and cannot recall anything about off field issues with Keats. Was he being indiscreet and unprofessional as per usual or have I missed something?

He said we only won 2 more games in the season after we beat Hearts 6-2, which is a load of Lillian.

Not In The Know
05-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Was at the match so missed the radio Scotland coverage. Did our friends give us the credit we deserved and did Richard Gordon choke on his pie when mallonga showed that brilliant bit of skill backheeling the ball through to Cunmings?

snooky
05-11-2015, 10:33 AM
I remember a tennis match commentator saying during Wimbledon a few years ago after a long rally
"Ah, there's nothing better than having two good women on grass"

JimBHibees
05-11-2015, 10:36 AM
I remember a tennis match commentator saying during Wimbledon a few years ago after a long rally

What about the famous cricket commentary of the Bowler's Holding and Batsmen's Willey. :greengrin

Michael Holding and Peter Willey being the players involved. Superb.

oneone73
05-11-2015, 10:44 AM

Dan Maskell once said that Tracy Austin needed more penetration.

J-C
05-11-2015, 10:52 AM
What about the famous cricket commentary of the Bowler's Holding and Batsmen's Willey. :greengrin

Basically the bowlers Holding the batsman's Willey. :greengrin

JimBHibees
05-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Basically the bowlers Holding the batsman's Willey. :greengrin

Indeed I have been trying to edit it the last 10 mins but work internet playing up. :greengrin

snedzuk
05-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Mixu interviewed at full time a few years ago - away to St Mirren I think - 'why did you substitute your keeper at half time?'

"Big Yves was feeling his groin"

Kato
05-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Many moons ago in the EEN in a report for Partick Hibs game it read, "The ball dropped for McGhee who shat straight into Rough arms."

Newcastlehibby
05-11-2015, 11:36 AM
David Coleman during an Olympic games describing the Cuban winner's acceleration - " Juantorena opens his legs and shows his class".

Danderhall Hibs
05-11-2015, 12:27 PM
ds of c
Was at the match so missed the radio Scotland coverage. Did our friends give us the credit we deserved and did Richard Gordon choke on his pie when mallonga showed that brilliant bit of skill backheeling the ball through to Cunmings?

Loads of credit given to us by all.

iwasthere1972
05-11-2015, 01:09 PM
I think Alex MacDonald said in an interview that the Hearts players 'Ate, played and slept together' when talking about their league and Scottish Cup winning team of 1986.

Deansy
05-11-2015, 01:13 PM
I think Alex MacDonald said in an interview that the Hearts players 'Ate, played and slept together' when talking about their league and Scottish Cup winning team of 1986.

Ha-ha-ha - topper !!!

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 01:14 PM
When I worked in the old DSS we dealt with claims to sickness benefit. We got a claim from a guy who worked in one of the woollen mills. His job was .... Teaser in the willey house :greengrin

S4uzee
05-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Why is he referred to as biscuits?

MSK
05-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Why is he referred to as biscuits?Cos he always crumbled under pressure ? (from a post on yak back) ....

I would have called him Krispy Crème....because he is a ****ing doughnut ...:agree:

BSEJVT
05-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Why is he referred to as biscuits?

Because he went to pieces in the box?

This will go against the grain here, but I was drawn to play golf with him in a Club competition and I had expected to hate the guy.

He was actually a decent guy, decent player and decent company for 3 or 4 hours

I asked him specifically why he was so hard on Hibs and whether it was a pantomime villain act to drive ratings up, which he obviously denied.

Claiming to call things as he saw them, I told him I found it strange that Hibs were pish and everyone else brilliant :-)

Maybe my chirping in his ear about being more objective about Hibs had an effect, then again...........

Frazerbob
05-11-2015, 02:14 PM
Preston is very knowledgable, especially when I comes to youth players around the country. He was waxing lyrical about our performance last night. I actually think he's alright for a Jambo (former Rangers fan).

theonlywayisup
05-11-2015, 04:02 PM

The actual quote was "the batsman Holding, the bowler's Willey"

HibbyAndy
05-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Cos he always crumbled under pressure ? (from a post on yak back) ....

I would have called him Krispy Crème....because he is a ****ing doughnut ...:agree:

:hilarious

he's a hearts **** and always will be.

Famous Fiver
05-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Preston is a person with a very poor grasp of the English language and is always biased in his contributions.

He should be nowhere near a public broadcasting service.

mim
05-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Many moons ago in the EEN in a report for Partick Hibs game it read, "The ball dropped for McGhee who shat straight into Rough arms."

..... and another from the EEN:

"Hibs lost the toss and kicked up hell" :wink:

heretoday
05-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Biscuits is ok and better than most of the inarticulate morons broadcasting on football.

mjhibby
05-11-2015, 05:15 PM
David Coleman during an Olympic games describing the Cuban winner's acceleration - " Juantorena opens his legs and shows his class".

Still makes me chuckle. Classic colemanballs.

Kato
05-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Biscuits is ok and better than most of the inarticulate morons broadcasting on football.

Wholeheartedly disagree with all that.

AlbertK86
05-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Wholeheartedly disagree with all that.

Likewise ... Preston is a arrogant erse who really does not have the ability to give a balanced view

Leithenhibby
05-11-2015, 07:20 PM

Winning team, seriously? :na na:

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2015, 10:19 PM
The actual quote was "the batsman Holding, the bowler's Willey"
Other way around, no? Michael Holding was a fast bowler.

Edit. According to this, he never said it all. In either form.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=D0a-FOoM9ms

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
05-11-2015, 10:21 PM
Winning team, seriously? :na na:

What? You saying they didn't win the double. :greengrin

craigmounthibby
05-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Preston is a person with a very poor grasp of the English language and is always biased in his contributions.

Correct.

Jim44
06-11-2015, 12:04 AM
You still can't beat the famous Bill Tennant line ...... " I hope your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's."

JimBHibees
07-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Other way around, no? Michael Holding was a fast bowler.

Edit. According to this, he never said it all. In either form.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=D0a-FOoM9ms

It definitely was said it was on test match special and the commentators were laughing for 5 mins afterwards.

Carheenlea
07-11-2015, 08:17 AM

In what way does he have a very poor grasp of the English language? Maybe Laurence Olivier could pick holes in Preston`s use of the English language, but he sounds competent enough for me. He has a stronger regional accent than some of the other broadcasters, and there is surely nothing wrong with that.

CropleyWasGod
07-11-2015, 09:52 AM
It definitely was said it was on test match special and the commentators were laughing for 5 mins afterwards.
Did you watch the video? That dismisses it as an urban myth.

Maybe you are confusing it with the "leg -over" comment.