PDA

View Full Version : Fans/Atmosphere

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-11-2015, 06:39 AM
Fans were top class last night (as per). Was it just me or was the atmosphere a lot better than usual last night? Hardly ever stopped singing and had a loy of folk joining in. Fantastic!

05-11-2015, 06:48 AM
Great atmosphere last night!

:gwa::flag:

Ozyhibby
05-11-2015, 06:52 AM
Decent crowd for a midweek league cup game. Fans are starting to come back because we have a team worth watching. Must keep it going by getting the 3 pts on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CentreLine
05-11-2015, 06:57 AM
Who said there was no atmosphere in the regenerated Easter Road?

dangermouse
05-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Over 10,000 Hibees there last night, more than we've been getting for some league games on a Saturday at 3PM. Here's hoping they keep coming back.

IIRC 11,000 per week is the break even attendance for a season.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Atmosphere was superb last night. Right behind the team from the start and we got a performance that rewarded that.

Jack
05-11-2015, 08:36 AM
A good away support, in terms of numbers rather than nice people as far as sevco is concerned, is a major key to a decent atmosphere.

We're just not getting that in this league at ER where they number a hundred or so at best. That's not the fault of the few that do come just a simple fact they don't have the numbers.

There are, of course, other factors but I think this is where we are just now.

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Quite a few contributory factors last night. A slightly bigger home crowd than usual, it was a floodlight game which always makes for a better atmosphere and of course Hibs gave folk something to cheer about from the word go.

But the biggest differences were obvious:

We were playing a team who, bottom of the league or not, were expected by their manager and fans to be a match for us and as a consequence didn't think that plan A,B and C was to have 10 men behind the ball and so it made for an open game, giving our fans more to do than just sit on their hands waiting for Hibs to prise open a packed defence.

There was more than the usual handful of away fans in the south stand, giving the home support something to compete with and react to.

If it was like that all the time our 'missing' fans would stream back. Unfortunately it cant be, our next home game is against Livingston which means ..... 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes as we huff and puff trying to score and 150 away fans.

lucky
05-11-2015, 09:14 AM
Over 10,000 Hibees there last night, more than we've been getting for some league games on a Saturday at 3PM. Here's hoping they keep coming back.

IIRC 11,000 per week is the break even attendance for a season.

You sure that Hibs break even attendance is 11000, can't say I've saw that anywhere before

hibsbollah
05-11-2015, 09:23 AM
You sure that Hibs break even attendance is 11000, can't say I've saw that anywhere before

In 2013 Scott Lindsay said the average price paid per ticket was £17, including kids, students (and those pretending to be kids and students who the turnstile operators just used to wave through). An attendance of 11000 would on that assumption equal £187,000 ticket income before costs.

Smartie
05-11-2015, 09:37 AM
I remember the 11,000 figure being banded about after the great adventure but before the golden generation when crowds were a bit lower under Bobby Williamson.

I seem to remember Tom Farmer came out and mentioned this as a figure and it seemed quite ambitious and frankly unrealistic at the time.

Quite mad to think then that we then went on to regularly get an average much higher than that during the Mowbray era.

I went into the FF last night for a wee change and it was interesting to see the East from another angle. It was a great spectacle, there was a lot of noise, the atmosphere was excellent and between Sunday and last night there was far greater sense of occasion which was brilliant.

Whilst I think everyone should still be working their hardest to get folk along I think we have to accept (to an extent) that we are where we are and most of our league occasions don't really get the juices flowing for some.

We need to work our hardest to get out of this bloody league. Good football each week will help but I only think we'll see many of the missing fans return when we're back in the premier league.

J-C
05-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Very good atmosphere, some did say get the team winning and the crowd plus atmosphere will come back, well it's started :thumbsup: