PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want in the semis?

PatHead
04-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Bring on the lesser greens. If you have to meet them would rather it was semis than a final.

SteveHFC
04-11-2015, 11:15 PM
St.Johnstone and make it at Tynecastle or Celtic on the Sunday.

Eyrie
04-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Either St Johnstone or Ross County to give us the best chance of making the final.

greenlex
04-11-2015, 11:18 PM
Abc

Michael
04-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Ideally Celtic (much harder to beat in the final). I don't know how the stadium will be selected, but whoever we get I hope it is played at Tynecastle. Good memories of the 2007 semi there.

ian cruise
04-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Definitely not Celtic. Think we've aa, better chance of beating Ross County or St Johnstone but more importantly, if it's Celtic and we do win then Delia will be gone and Stubbs would be an attractive prospect as replacement for them. Rather keep out of sight out of mind for now.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2015, 11:34 PM
sellick absolutely :agree:to quote an ex manager of ours(Alex Miller) "the best chance of beating either of the old firm in glasgow is by getting them in the semi-finals" totally agree with him

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Not too bothered ... But if its about who we could beat then Ross County, St Johnstone, Celtic in that order.

If it is Celtic and we can play like we did tonight or in the Aberdeen or Sevco games we would have a chance.

Libby Hibby
05-11-2015, 05:35 AM
Bring on any of them, after the last few games and throw in the Aberdeen game, I fear none of them

ACLeith
05-11-2015, 05:48 AM
It'll be down to who the SFA decide is best 😱

In theory we are the weakest team left being in the lower division, therefore we'll get Celtc. But they know how good we are just now so maybe they won't take that risk.

To get a full Hampden for the final though they have to keep us and them apart.

Or will it just be a fair draw and I'm just a cynical old codger? 🙄

Pete
05-11-2015, 05:51 AM
Ross County.

Thecat23
05-11-2015, 05:54 AM
Ross County.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2015, 06:51 AM
Ross county. Tynecastle. Saturday game. Please. Thanks

Hibee87
05-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Bring on any of them, fear no foe!

And why would ANYBODY want to play in that death trap :confused:, surly getting to hampden is all part of cup final, yet people want to play at our neighbors ground. dont get it.

heretoday
05-11-2015, 06:58 AM
sellick absolutely :agree:to quote an ex manager of ours(Alex Miller) "the best chance of beating either of the old firm in glasgow is by getting them in the semi-finals" totally agree with him

Correct. The less high profile the occasion the better chance we have of catching them out.

Bristolhibby
05-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Has anyone looked to see which teams are playing at home on the Saturday?

If Hearts are at home we can rule out Tynie.

J

05-11-2015, 06:59 AM
Bring on any of them, fear no foe!

And why would ANYBODY want to play in that death trap :confused:, surly getting to hampden is all part of cup final, yet people want to play at our neighbors ground. dont get it.

If we draw St Johnstone or Ross County then surly its better to pack tynecastle like back in 2007 rather than have a half empty hampden.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Has anyone looked to see which teams are playing at home on the Saturday?

If Hearts are at home we can rule out Tynie.

J

Hearts are away to Ross County that weekend, which will be postponed anyway

c31
05-11-2015, 07:26 AM
If we play Celtic at any stage we won't be able to play Henderson, which will be a bit of a blow.

Diclonius
05-11-2015, 07:27 AM
Not Celtic.

matty_f
05-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Whoever gives us the best chance of progressing, for me. Would be much better for the club to get to a final, especially as no matter who we play, we'll be massive underdogs so a worst case scenario of defeat in the final wouldn't be damaging.
We've already overachieved in this competition so getting to the final would be a huge credit to Stubbs and the team.

DH1875
05-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Im guessing that TV will have a big say on what game is on what day and what time kick off will be. Are both semis likely to be on TV or will it just be the celtic game?

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 07:51 AM
I'd quite like a crack at St Johnstone. No disrespect to either them or Ross County but they represent our best chance of reaching a final.

I don't think anyone will fancy playing us either after seeing us beat both Utd ans Aberdeen. 2 cracking semi finals coming up regardless with 4 good teams in them.

GreenOnions
05-11-2015, 07:54 AM
If we're targeting actually winning the cup then we will want Celtic in the semis (see Alex Miller dictum above). If we just want to get to another final then you'd probably say one of the other two. Ergo - Celtic for me.

Disc O'Dave
05-11-2015, 08:22 AM
If we're targeting actually winning the cup then we will want Celtic in the semis (see Alex Miller dictum above). If we just want to get to another final then you'd probably say one of the other two. Ergo - Celtic for me.

If the logic is that you have a better chance against Celtic in the semi final, then I'd still rather we get one of the other two, and let the other one use their "best chance" by beating Celtic in their Semi.

Then they can do that "typical" thing and go on and lose the final....

Simples :)

Albanian Hibs
05-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Ross County

mutley
05-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Whoever gives us the best chance of progressing, for me. Would be much better for the club to get to a final, especially as no matter who we play, we'll be massive underdogs so a worst case scenario of defeat in the final wouldn't be damaging.
We've already overachieved in this competition so getting to the final would be a huge credit to Stubbs and the team.

This is probably the best approach. As much as I can also agree that Celitc in the semis would be the best time to face them (if we have to face them) and if we got past them, it would be a massive boost for the final. If we lost , then a bit of dissapointment but no great shakes.

But eh easiest opposition and a final would bring in some cash to the club and boost the coffers for the next transfer window (even though I am more than happy with our current squad) or at least use the cash to tie down contracts for current players.

scoopyboy
05-11-2015, 08:30 AM
It'll be down to who the SFA decide is best 

In theory we are the weakest team left being in the lower division, therefore we'll get Celtc. But they know how good we are just now so maybe they won't take that risk.

To get a full Hampden for the final though they have to keep us and them apart.

Or will it just be a fair draw and I'm just a cynical old codger? 

Nout to do with them.

Ross County please.

SeanWilson
05-11-2015, 08:36 AM
More important than who we will face; is why on earth the fans/teams have to wait until Monday to find out?

Someone was actually paid money to decide that a cup semi final draw should be held almost two weeks after the first QF fixtures via a 25 second online stream on a Monday afternoon...

JimBHibees
05-11-2015, 09:33 AM
If the logic is that you have a better chance against Celtic in the semi final, then I'd still rather we get one of the other two, and let the other one use their "best chance" by beating Celtic in their Semi.

Then they can do that "typical" thing and go on and lose the final....

Simples :)

Agree totally St Johnstone have a semi reasonable record v Celtic so they can beat them in the semi. We can play Ross County in the other one.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Ross County for me. Don't know if that would bring in Pittodrie as an option? Anyways, I would have the Saints as best placed to beat Celtc just now.

Dashing Bob S
05-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Not bothered. Any one of them.

Would expect us to beat Celtic then lose to Ross County/St Johnstone winner in final.

emerald green
05-11-2015, 05:29 PM
For me, it's a bonus getting this far in the competition, and I don't really care who Hibs play next. The league is far more important.

That said, if Dundee United can beat Ross County, so can Hibs.

Sir David Gray
05-11-2015, 05:31 PM
As long as we avoid Hearts, I'll be happy.

I think they would be far too strong at this stage.

3pm
05-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Based on what's currently happening against Molde, I'll take Celtic.

The 40 year old has just scored.

hibsbollah
05-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Watching the Celtic left back (blackett?) now, he's shocking tonight, id fancy Malonga or McGinn to absolutely destroy him :agree:

hibsbollah
05-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Red card now :faf:
The Celtc defence is just shocking. Embarrassing for Scottish football really.

3pm
05-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Red card now :faf:
The Celtc defence is just shocking. Embarrassing for Scottish football really.

Yep, was just thinking they are actually the best we have.

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2015, 06:51 PM
i see sellick dropped two players who imo are Rank...Ambrose and izzywhatshisname, i'd take sparky from them and that's about it

awfy sad we wont see Delila doing that stupid punching the air p@sh that he does after games :greengrin

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Tell you what Celtic look rank, they are well beatable.

Wee Strachan getting tore in about them and Scottish football in general.

Billy Whizz
05-11-2015, 06:59 PM

What did he say

Pretty Boy
05-11-2015, 07:02 PM
What did he say

Needs to have a look at itself, time to stop messing about with daft changes and actually look at the game as a whole and that it was embarassing the 6th placed team in Norway beat the Scottish Champions twice.

heretoday
05-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Ronny Deila, Jim Kerr of Simple Minds, Bertie Auld, Pope Benedict XVI, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.....your boys took a HELL of a beating tonight!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2015, 07:12 PM
Ronny Deila, Jimmy Johnstone, Bertie Auld, Pope Benedict XVI, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.....your boys took a HELL of a beating tonight!!!!

a great wee player for club and country, and also no longer with us...maybe take that one out :dunno:
the ones still alive are fair game :wink:

fulshie
05-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Either Ross County or St Johnstone and hope the one we don't get beats Celtic. That would make it a more slightly easier chance to win the cup and the more out of sight and mind from Celtic. One cant help feeling that, with Molde beating Celtic tonight they're getting closer to looking for a new manager and I'm so afraid that Stubbs will be on their radar.

Baldy Foghorn
05-11-2015, 09:58 PM

What did he say about our game?

Andy74
05-11-2015, 10:03 PM

You sure that final defeats wouldn't be damaging and they would all get credit regardless?

I agree though, best to get there.

Baldy Foghorn
05-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Semi, I would take anyone at home:greengrin

monktonharp
05-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Ronny Deila, Jim Kerr of Simple Minds, Bertie Auld, Pope Benedict XVI, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.....your boys took a HELL of a beating tonight!!!!hey you, leave the ex Popes oot o' this. Bertie Auld, ex-Hibernian connections,ye can have him. the others, well they can get tae Pollockshaws for aw' I care.

Mikey09
05-11-2015, 10:20 PM
At my age I'm just delighted to be able to get a Semi... Sorry, get TO a Semi!! :greengrin

AZhibee
06-11-2015, 02:31 AM
Celtic! Now! Bring on the Premiership leader asap.

Libby Hibby
06-11-2015, 04:48 AM
Celtic! Now! Bring on the Premiership leader asap.

We done the leaders before, we'll do the leaders again

Pete
06-11-2015, 05:46 AM
Needs to have a look at itself, time to stop messing about with daft changes and actually look at the game as a whole and that it was embarassing the 6th placed team in Norway beat the Scottish Champions twice.

Molde drew with Ajax and put Fenerbache and Celtic to the sword...yet this result is being treated as a shock by the bookies and the Scottish public in general. I hope to god our national manager never thought Celtic would win that game with any comfort.

What's embarrassing is that only two teams have won our championship in the past thirty years or so. This top down approach is dead in the water and the only thing that will attract investment into our league is draconian measures to ensure competition. We can't integrate or compete with the money in England so our USP has to be competitiveness and a feeling that anyone can win the title at the start of the season.

What's also embarrassing is the games leadership, lack of vision and historic pandering to the two Glasgow clubs.

DH1875
06-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Hope that if it is celtic we have a right go at them. Their awful at the back and we could do them some damage.

BoomtownHibees
06-11-2015, 07:03 AM
Ross County for me. Don't know if that would bring in Pittodrie as an option? Anyways, I would have the Saints as best placed to beat Celtc just now.

It takes almost as long to get from Dingwall to Aberdeen as it does to get to Edinburgh so no need to have us travelling that distance as well. Tynecastle for me

PatHead
06-11-2015, 08:10 AM
It takes almost as long to get from Dingwall to Aberdeen as it does to get to Edinburgh so no need to have us travelling that distance as well. Tynecastle for me

The problem with Tynecastle is we would give them money. I also feel dirty and smelly coming out of there.

Would prefer Hampden.

I also don't understand why the semis are left until January.Surely if you are cancelling matches at the weekend it doesn't matter if they were this weekend or January.

By the end of January another transfer window has passed. League Cup is overshadowed by Scottish Cup etc.

southern hibby
06-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Not bothered, I actually believe the other 3 will NOT want to get us.

GGTTH

ian cruise
06-11-2015, 08:53 AM
Based on what's currently happening against Molde, I'll take Celtic.

The 40 year old has just scored.

Problem is that they are trying twice as hard against Scottish teams after their euro beatings at the minute to prove they are not failures. Prefer to play them in the final when complacency has set in.

Bostonhibby
06-11-2015, 09:08 AM
Celtc on the basis that Id fancy our chances in a semi, don't want to see us lose another final to them and don't particularly want to see Leigh play against us in a final either.

Edson Arantes
06-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Ross for me.

Keith_M
06-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Celtc.

If we win, fantastic.

If we don't, then I'd rather lose to them in the Semi Final, as losing in Finals is much more painful.

emerald green
06-11-2015, 05:17 PM
a great wee player for club and country, and also no longer with us...maybe take that one out :dunno:
the ones still alive are fair game :wink:

:agree: Celtic didn't get beat by nobodies like Molde when they had players like Jimmy Johnstone in their team.

Denverhibby
06-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Not bothered. Any one of them.

Would expect us to beat Celtic then lose to Ross County/St Johnstone winner in final.

That would be the hits way. But not this year hopefully:flag:

HibbyAndy
06-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Ross county or St.Johnstone i'm no fussed, Wee'l beat the pair of them.

ahibby
06-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Celtic. The way the defended against Molda, I can see them going on a wee losing streek.

Deek9
07-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Prefer to avoid the Tic, let someone else knock them out. Think we'll draw Ross County.

essexhibee
07-11-2015, 04:37 PM
Celtic. Beat them and for me we would win the final.