PDA

View Full Version : Best team performance in years over 90 minutes.

silverhibee
04-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Even though Utd were poor tonight i think we would have beat any team on the park tonight, we were that good, from back to front everyone played there part tonight in a very comfortable win and if we had taken all our chances and there goalie pulling off a good few saves it could easily have been 5 or 6 against a SPL side.

Things are coming together now and the team are gelling well, Gray with these crunching tackles, Hanlon was superb tonight, midfield all up for it and Malonga & Cummings upfront is just great to watch, and Oxley playing his part, and to finish it off Lewis Stevenson getting the 3rd goal, so what if it took a deflection, delighted for him, and was that him doing a bit of show boating in the 1st half. :thumbsup:

And slowly but surely the Hibs fans are coming back and enjoying what they are seeing on the pitch from this team that Stubbs has put together.

Well done to all who attended tonight, the place was bouncing. Just need to keep it up on and off the park.

:flag: :gwa: :flag:

Billy Whizz
04-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Even though Utd were poor tonight i think we would have beat any team on the park tonight, we were that good, from back to front everyone played there part tonight in a very comfortable win and if we had taken all our chances and there goalie pulling off a good few saves it could easily have been 5 or 6 against a SPL side.

Things are coming together now and the team are gelling well, Gray with these crunching tackles, Hanlon was superb tonight, midfield all up for it and Malonga & Cummings upfront is just great to watch, and Oxley playing his part, and to finish it off Lewis Stevenson getting the 3rd goal, so what if it took a deflection, delighted for him, and was that him doing a bit of show boating in the 1st half. :thumbsup:

And slowly but surely the Hibs fans are coming back and enjoying what they are seeing on the pitch from this team that Stubbs has put together.

Well done to all who attended tonight, the place was bouncing. Just need to keep it up on and off the park.

And even Deeks got on😄

lord bunberry
04-11-2015, 11:34 PM

:agree: If we had won 5 or 6 nil tonight no one could have said we didn't deserve it 3-0 flattered them IMO.

gaz1875
04-11-2015, 11:35 PM
The best performance I have seen for a very very long time, the movement of the ball and confidence on the ball was a joy to behold :top marks

Speedy
04-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Best £20 I've spent all year. Brilliant :thumbsup:

Ronniekirk
04-11-2015, 11:40 PM

Best game I have heard over 90 minutes Stuck in the house listening on the radio ,but despite only one nil up at half time we were never under pressure. Second half just resumed with chances being
crated and when second was scored it was game over ..Best Listen and better than hanging on one nil those ones are murder to listen to

Got my ticket for Saturday and be nice to walk to the game and have a few drinks .
Word of warning Silver it might be pissin it doon , but unlike Cowdenbeath at least we are under cover :greengrin

ehf
04-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Great performance tonight and it really could have been double figures, but I actually think the performance against Sevco on Sunday was better. Dundee Utd were so poor; dispirited, no confidence, just not up for it. Reminded me of what we like under the last days of Butcher. Whereas Sevco were on a roll, brimming with confidence and up for it.

matty_f
04-11-2015, 11:58 PM
I thought we could have defended better at times if i was being really picky, but overall that was fantastic to watch. Anyone watching that would have thought we were the top flight team.

The team looks really together now, everyone puts a shift in, we play with a fluency and purpose that shows we have a team working for each other.

I've come away from the last two games totally buzzing.

Feels like the Hibees are back!

Deansy
05-11-2015, 01:26 AM
I have NEVER heard 'Sportsound' wax so lyrically about a Hibs-team than they did tonight !!. Honestly, it was like the kind of gushing, over-the-top, love-in that they usually reserve for their darlings - Septic, Huns and the Charity-Thieves except this time it was US !!

Purehibee_MYB
05-11-2015, 01:32 AM
Tom English finished his match report by saying:

"Four, five or six goals would have been just. The gulf in class was that wide."

Speaks volumes of the work Stubbs and co. have done. Long may it continue! :flag:

Onion
05-11-2015, 01:41 AM
I have NEVER heard 'Sportsound' wax so lyrically about a Hibs-team than they did tonight !!. Honestly, it was like the kind of gushing, over-the-top, love-in that they usually reserve for their darlings - Septic, Huns and the Charity-Thieves except this time it was US !!

If they did, it's only to talk up Stubbs and some of the players in the hope some bigger teams come in for them. They are all snakes and there to do the Huns' bidding.

LancashireHibby
05-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Just got back. Best performance I've seen in years, had absolutely everything. Take a bow Stubbsy and co.

mutley
05-11-2015, 05:48 AM
The main thing I noticed from last night, How much space did our players have? everyone semed to have acres of space around them and plent room for movement, great to see.
Apart from Farid's fluff at goal, we could easily still have been 5 or 6 up.

GGTTH

greenlex
05-11-2015, 07:33 AM
I only caught the tail end as I got back to the car but Richard Gordon wasn't that gushing. He was saying it was a very fortunate penalty and the third was a deflection. Perhaps this was so but his tone was almost as if he was gutted. If I hadn't been at the game and just caught what I did I would have thought Hibs were fortunate to win.

theonlywayisup
05-11-2015, 07:35 AM
:agree: If we had won 5 or 6 nil tonight no one could have said we didn't deserve it 3-0 flattered them IMO.

We obviously played very well, though we should acknowledge that the opposition were rank rotten. As others have said, we've seen lower league championship sides better organised. United gave us far too much space and gave the ball away too easily.

05-11-2015, 07:54 AM

I said the exact same thing coming away from ER last night. 3-0 didn't do us justice. Absolutely fantastic performance from hibs last night, a real pleasure to watch!

Stubbs has worked wonders with this team. He's built a team of good players, who work hard, show some fight and some passion, something that had sadly missing for a long time!

Hibby D
05-11-2015, 08:13 AM

A couple of bodies short but this photo says more than any words can

leithsansiro
05-11-2015, 08:31 AM
I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Dundee Utd, but last night was awesome.

That said, as another poster has already said, DU reminded me massively of how we looked towards the end of The Butcher's reign. Confidence for DU must be in freefall and Hibs took full advantage. If we have to settle for the playoffs, we have nothing to fear from them.

calumhibee1
05-11-2015, 08:34 AM

Loved that. The team spirit in this team is something else, probably the best I've seen at Hibs.

hibsbollah
05-11-2015, 08:39 AM

A disgrace. Two players not joining in. Evidence of a split in the camp :grr:

:greengrin

dangermouse
05-11-2015, 09:05 AM
A disgrace. Two players not joining in. Evidence of a split in the camp :grr:

:greengrin

To be fair, Oxley was collecting his towel and water bottle at the time :wink: Who else is missing?

Borderhibbie76
05-11-2015, 09:11 AM
To be fair, Oxley was collecting his towel and water bottle at the time :wink: Who else is missing?

They were deffo all there bar The Ox at one stage...immense team spirit and camaraderie and Stubbsy must take huge credit for this.. even amongst big players who are being benched and some not even stripped

erin go bragh
05-11-2015, 09:34 AM

The three sides of the stadium were bouncing . There was a thread the other day about what will get the lapsed fans back . All of the above .

GGTTH

franks
05-11-2015, 09:36 AM
One of the best performances at ER since the early 70s IMO.

ManBearPig
05-11-2015, 09:44 AM
Agree with the all of above best performance I've seen in years. Best part of it is that the bench has quality something we couldn't say in Mowbray and Mcleish era! Keep it going Hibs!

lyonhibs
05-11-2015, 10:32 AM

Aye. Oxley is a splitter and the discontent in the Hibs camp is reaching new heights.

Copyright, The Daily Record.

AL-Qaholik
05-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Only the second game I've physically been at since early 2015 (other was Sevco playoff home leg) as I've been working overseas, and that was night & day from anything I've seen from us in years!
Wishing I wasn't disappearing away again on Friday as, for the first time in as long as I can remember, that game has me champing at the bit to watch us play again!

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Its a fact that Dundee Utd have issues to sort out, they were pretty poor and gave the ball away cheaply far too often, but I don't think that should detract from what was a very good Hibs performance.

We won every loose ball, our passing and movement was superb at times and only a fine goalkeeper on the night prevented a goal rush .. our tremendous team spirit was palpable. If Utd do have shortcomings we highlighted and exploited every one of them .... in fact we were so much on top that at times in the 2nd half we perhaps over elaborated on the ball a wee bit ..... something Stubbsy alluded to in his post match interview.

But as the OP says it was the best team performance seen at ER for many a year and as a result when it came to picking a man of the match it was a case of trying to sort out a 10 from a big pile of 9s

HibeesLittleHel
05-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Ahem...Versus Aberdeen in the previous round?
I did think we were great last night the team seemed full of confidence but I think we were as resolute versus Aberdeen, a much better team than United at this point in time. We defeated the undefeated and sent them into freefall, always a good thing for these muppets:greengrin

PatHead
05-11-2015, 12:12 PM
I did think we were great last night the team seemed full of confidence but I think we were as resolute versus Aberdeen, a much better team than United at this point in time. We defeated the undefeated and sent them into freefall, always a good thing for these muppets:greengrin

Also the 4 0 v sevco springs to mind. Not knocking the performance just saying we have had great performances over the last couple of years.

Andy74
05-11-2015, 12:15 PM

We didn't play that well against Aberdeen although they were a better team.

Last night was a brilliant all round display as opposed to being resolute then clinical with our chances.

The Sundance Kid
05-11-2015, 12:15 PM

Think Stevenson is somewhere in the middle of that receiving the adulation but you can't see him in the photo

NAE NOOKIE
05-11-2015, 12:24 PM

Indeed ..... The 3 games against Aberdeen, Sevco and now Utd have shown that we can tailor our game to suit who we are playing and do it successfully. Against Aberdeen & Sevco we played it tight at the back and midfield but still looked, and were, dangerous in possession. Against Utd we had obviously done our homework and came out all guns blazing playing at a high tempo and near as damn it blew them away.