PDA

View Full Version : The media are fickle

Islington Hibs
04-11-2015, 10:28 PM
We are quick to slam the media but read this- couldn't have put it better myself!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34654756

In reality they are just like fans generally from despair to exaggeration and back again.

Lets enjoy the moment.

Ozyhibby
04-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Tom English is a good writer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xyz23jc
05-11-2015, 10:18 AM

"the fluff to beat all fluffs...." :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Hibs are buzzing these days

good pun

RCNG
05-11-2015, 01:55 PM

Yup, tore us to shreds (and rightly so) under BOOtcher, but gives credit where its due.

brog
05-11-2015, 03:09 PM
A couple of years ago I stood in Quinns with other London Hibbies & watched Dundee U rip us a new one at ER. The score was 3-1, going on 6 or 7, IIRC DU actually missed 2 pens, & we were totally outclassed.
The quote in bold below is from Tom English after last night's game. It maybe took an awful & shameful period for us to rebuild our club both on & off the pitch but the transformation from a couple of years ago has been remarkable. We're not there yet but everyone at ER deserves huge credit for bringing proper football, played with a smile, back to our home. Well done Hibs!

Four, five or six goals would have been just. The gulf in class was that wide.

xyz23jc
05-11-2015, 03:26 PM
A couple of years ago I stood in Quinns with other London Hibbies & watched Dundee U rip us a new one at ER. The score was 3-1, going on 6 or 7, IIRC DU actually missed 2 pens, & we were totally outclassed.
The quote in bold below is from Tom English after last night's game. It maybe took an awful & shameful period for us to rebuild our club both on & off the pitch but the transformation from a couple of years ago has been remarkable. We're not there yet but everyone at ER deserves huge credit for bringing proper football, played with a smile, back to our home. Well done Hibs!

Four, five or six goals would have been just. The gulf in class was that wide.

It was as well, their goalie was outstanding! Dunno how many he saved last night!

jacomo
05-11-2015, 03:52 PM

:agree:

We could do a lot worse.

In fact, we often do!

Golden Bear
05-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Their guilt complex has finally kicked in.

We're not that bad after all is the message, - aye right.

Leithenhibby
05-11-2015, 04:49 PM
We are quick to slam the media but read this- couldn't have put it better myself!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34654756

In reality they are just like fans generally from despair to exaggeration and back again.

Lets enjoy the moment.

Looking back at some reports, they are nothing short of shocking :rolleyes: wouldn't you agree, Mr McLauchlin?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31466866

:agree:

I like Tom English......

greenlex
05-11-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm going against the grain here. I think English us s plum. Don't know why but he just grates on me. Irrational but there you go. Plum. He should stick to Rugby.