PDA

View Full Version : Mixu Paatelainen

Future17
04-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Apologies for a negative thread on a night like tonight, especially when the players and fans were excellent, but I thought the "Mixu, give us a wave" chant was a bit disrespectful.

The man is a club legend and I just felt it was unnecessary.

NYHibby
04-11-2015, 10:08 PM
At least it is better than the pedophile or refugee chants. We can't be too picky.

ChooseLife
04-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Apologies for a negative thread on a night like tonight, especially when the players and fans were excellent, but I thought the "Mixu, give us a wave" chant was a bit disrespectful.

I remember back in the mowbray days we sang that vs St Mirren when he was a coach and he waved back, I believe we where winning at the time then aswell.

SkintHibby
04-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Sad to hear any negative singing towards Mixu tonight. The guy gave me one of my fondest evenings being a Hibby. :agree:

Jim44
04-11-2015, 10:12 PM

I think he'll be bit thicker skinned than you think. Did he do any cartwheels and handsprings when we scored? :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
04-11-2015, 10:15 PM
I remember back in the mowbray days we sang that vs St Mirren when he was a coach and he waved back, I believe we where winning at the time then aswell.

I remember that as well, think we won 2-0 that day. I didn't really see it as a negative chant at the time and I think most Hibs fans will have a lot of time for Mixu.

Borderhibbie76
04-11-2015, 10:17 PM
It wasn't disrespectful at all..it was right at the end and just a bit of fun...no way would Mixu have thought otherwise

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Baader
04-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Forever a Hibs hero. Good luck against everyone but us Mixu.

CB_NO3
04-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Clearly a bit fun. Mixu is a Hibs legend, hence the chant.

Greencore
04-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Wasn't negative at all. Insulting Mixu would be negative. All we done was ask for a wave from a club legend.

happiehibbie
04-11-2015, 10:26 PM
For Goodness Sake !!!! BANTER its what makes football. We are the most fickle fans in the world.
enjoy the winning guys because I have been with Hibs when they always seem to let us down so enjoy every minute we are winning

Well done to all the fans tonight now keep on coming back

QMU-1875
04-11-2015, 10:28 PM
We were chanting his name just before positively so I'm guessing that people, like me, were singing it in a positive way. He's got some job on his hands with that lot!

FastEddieFelson
04-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Sad to hear any negative singing towards Mixu tonight. The guy gave me one of my fondest evenings being a Hibby. :agree:

It wasn't negative

RickyS
04-11-2015, 10:37 PM
We were chanting his name just before positively so I'm guessing that people, like me, were singing it in a positive way. He's got some job on his hands with that lot!

what was the chant before? the old what an effin signing one? i never heard it

CB_NO3
04-11-2015, 10:38 PM
what was the chant before? the old what an effin signing one? i never heard it
It was indeed.

Scouse Hibee
04-11-2015, 10:40 PM
FFS I don't believe this thread, lets just all pack up, go home and wrap ourselves in cotton wool.

RickyS
04-11-2015, 10:52 PM
It was indeed.

I loved singing that, he was a hero of mine too. his laddies are regulars at ER i think they still live in Edinburgh?
hope he took it the right way

Fenriz
04-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Although it was good natured, I can sort of see where the OP is coming from, in that Mixu looked like he was in no mood for a wave or a laugh tonight. And who can blame him? He's got a hell of a job on his hands atm.

worcesterhibby
04-11-2015, 10:57 PM
FFS I don't believe this thread, lets just all pack up, go home and wrap ourselves in cotton wool.

Calm down, Calm down

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00222/97325211_Brian_Rega_222657c.jpg

hibee_girl
04-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Although it was good natured, I can sort of see where the OP is coming from, in that Mixu looked like he was in no mood for a wave or a laugh tonight. And who can blame him? He's got a hell of a job on his hands atm.

:agree: I felt sorry for him tonight, he's got a massive task at Utd

MWHIBBIES
04-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Was a bit disrespectful to a guy who done a lot for our club.

givescotlandfreedom
04-11-2015, 11:11 PM

Me too. I really like Mixu and I hope he does well as a manager if not at our expense.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Was a bit disrespectful to a guy who done a lot for our club.

I agree, he could hardly wave back when his team has been spanked

silverhibee
04-11-2015, 11:14 PM

:agree:

Listened to him on the radio after the game, massive task to keep Utd in this league and he knows it.

Good luck Mixu.

Hibe hero.

Capt Mainwaring
04-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Mixu has far more to worry about than a wee light hearted chant asking him to give us a wave.

Hibs legend - good luck to him. He'll need it

madabouthibs
04-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I feel for him, but let's remember what Stubbs had to deal with when he took the Hibs job. There's not many managers come into a club that's in fine fettle. ;-)

The_Horde
04-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Whatever happened to good old fashioned hibs songs?

Deary me.

HappyHanlon
04-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Guys around me were calling him Mixup Pantie-lining for not waving.

There are some complete classless gimps in our support.

Sir David Gray
04-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Not quite sure how that song is disrespectful to be honest.

I'm sure fans of most clubs who are playing against a side managed by a former hero would sing something like that at the end of a comfortable victory.

LancashireHibby
05-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Whatever happened to good old fashioned hibs songs?

Deary me.
I'd have said the "<insert name here> gees a wave" chant is as old as time itself, and the "what an effin signing" that got an airing tonight was sung to Mixu when he was with us, and tonight was probably sung by young lads who don't even remember it first time around.

No doubting at all it was completely positive towards him, though undoubtedly the score line helped that.

As a bit of a side note, having watched Stubbs and Mixu play together at Bolton under Bruce Rioch (and later Colin Todd), it's fair to say I never expected to be at Easter Road to see them managing against each other 20 years later!

Future17
05-11-2015, 07:05 AM
Not quite sure how that song is disrespectful to be honest.

I'm sure fans of most clubs who are playing against a side managed by a former hero would sing something like that at the end of a comfortable victory.

I didn't like it because his team were 2-0 down, heading out of a cup, he's already got some fans on his back at United and he quite clearly wasn't going to oblige with a wave. I can't remember the St Mirren exampled cited above, but I can only ever remember this song being sung to opposition players and mangers to try and wind them up.

I'm not suggesting it was intended to be disrespectful, but I'm just not sure what those singing it were hoping to achieve?