PDA

View Full Version : Don't underestimate how good this Hibs team are..

California-Hibs
04-11-2015, 09:35 PM
Because they're good, they're VERY good. That's Aberdeen and Dundee United been disposed of, on top of strong away victories against decent opponents in QOTS, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, aswel as a strong performance and victory over Rangers, who lets be honest have a few dangerous players. Undefeated in what, 12 now? Best defense in the whole of the UK. A striker (Cummings) that scores for fun. The list goes on.

I have no doubt that this current team would more than hold their own in the Premier League. Our passing is so crisp, we create so many chances per game, score an impressive amount of goals, and as highlighted, have a rock solid defense.

Don't underestimate this, we are one hell of a side right now and teams must dread playing us big time. Stubbs has put a brilliant squad together and it'll be a travesty if we don't go up. However I'm extremely confident we will. And we'll now have a good chance of winning a cup also.

All in all extremely happy days down Easter Road!

Northernhibee
04-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Going to be bold and say that this team would be fighting for 2nd in the SPL. We've defeated Aberdeen, Dundee United and Sevco this season because we're the better team.

murray26
04-11-2015, 09:40 PM
This could be a dress rehearsal for the playoffs in the unlikely event we don't win the league.. Easter road is getting back to being a enjoyable place to spend your time.. Ggtth..

GreenCastle
04-11-2015, 09:44 PM
Long way to go but this team is enjoyable to watch and there are players the fans can relate to.

We still haven't fully achieved anything yet this season - hopefully we get rewards for our improvements.

We need to focus on our next league game now and make sure we keep picking up points as bearing the Huns to the league would be very sweet.

Still a possibility of facing Utd in playoffs or Thistle / luckily we should have confidence if we were to face them.

ian cruise
04-11-2015, 09:49 PM
One game at a time, who knows what we would be doing were we in the top league (though, like you I'd be confident we'd hold our own). What we do know is we look strong, we are playing very good football and there's a real togetherness in the squad.

Now we just need to keep this up until the end of the season. Most important thing about tonight is the confidence that result will bring. Not only did we win but we won comfortably, after a big win on Sunday. The players should have the belief they can beat every team in front of them now (if they didn't before).

Baader
04-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Full credit to Stubbs. He's assembled a very good squad and is turning this club around after some very dark days. Not easy at all. Still, onwards and upwards. Promotion is a necessity and we can't afford any slip ups. Winning is a very nice habit!

Peevemor
04-11-2015, 10:01 PM
We're good to watch mainly because we're no longer failing with the basics. I missed the first 10 minutes tonight, but I can't remember a single cross that hit the first defender. We can, at long last, take decent throw ins. We kept possession (and our concentration) in the last 5-10 minutes instead of losing a daft goal due to a misplaced pass in midfield.

There's not a single player that's not comfortable on the ball. They all "show" and they all take responsibility. Nobody panics when they're closed down - obviously we lose possession at times, but it's less often and less cheaply than before.

On top of that we have players that opponents must hate playing against - Cummings, Malonga, McGinn - then we have the cheek to bring Farid and Squirrel off the bench!

There's obviously still stuff to be sorted out, especially our second half "lulls", but I honestly can't get enough of Hibs just now.

Oscar T Grouch
04-11-2015, 10:03 PM
A Wee heads up to the breadman of goven, that's what your meant to do when you dominate possession in a game! 24 shots on goal, 15 on target, 3 scored. We can win this league and challenge for a cup or two. We are looking like a really strong squad with some excellent players. Onwards and upwards!!

Baader
04-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Must add I honestly think the balance of the team is better without Scott Allan. Think we looked too much to him to produce some magic last season. We're not reliant on any individual now - just a solid team.

Greenblood70
04-11-2015, 10:06 PM
We look pretty strong in nearly every dept, Its been a long time since I've seen a Hibs team with this togetherness allied to a great understanding.

In my opinion there is more to come from this team if they stay focussed and can maintain this fantastic, consistant run of results and performances.

Waxy
04-11-2015, 10:08 PM
I said it before but got scorn poured on it.I'll say it again.Second best squad in Scotland.

Borderhibbie76
04-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Walked out of Easter Road proud as punch tonight...my team is back. Leeann and Stubbsy have once again given us a team to be proud of. I must admit I was a wee bit concerned about tonight...coming so soon after Sunday but this team are unlike so many previous Hibs teams and they were fantastic all over the park tonight. It's great being so Hibee again. Worth noting we played the last 30 mins minus Mcginn and no Dylan tonight...yet we still looked comfortable...now that is strength in depth. Oh and no Bartley tonight either

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
04-11-2015, 10:12 PM
We're good to watch mainly because we're no longer failing with the basics. I missed the first 10 minutes tonight, but I can't remember a single cross that hit the first defender. We can, at long last, take decent throw ins. We kept possession (and our concentration) in the last 5-10 minutes instead of losing a daft goal due to a misplaced pass in midfield.

There's not a single player that's not comfortable on the ball. They all "show" and they all take responsibility. Nobody panics when they're closed down - obviously we lose possession at times, but it's less often and less cheaply than before.

On top of that we have players that opponents must hate playing against - Cummings, Malonga, McGinn - then we have the cheek to bring Farid and Squirrel off the bench!

There's obviously still stuff to be sorted out, especially our second half "lulls", but I honestly can't get enough of Hibs just now.

Very well summed up indeed!

Stax
04-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Because they're good, they're VERY good. That's Aberdeen and Dundee United been disposed of, on top of strong away victories against decent opponents in QOTS, Falkirk, Raith Rovers, aswel as a strong performance and victory over Rangers, who lets be honest have a few dangerous players. Undefeated in what, 12 now? Best defense in the whole of the UK. A striker (Cummings) that scores for fun. The list goes on.

I have no doubt that this current team would more than hold their own in the Premier League. Our passing is so crisp, we create so many chances per game, score an impressive amount of goals, and as highlighted, have a rock solid defense.

Don't underestimate this, we are one hell of a side right now and teams must dread playing us big time. Stubbs has put a brilliant squad together and it'll be a travesty if we don't go up. However I'm extremely confident we will. And we'll now have a good chance of winning a cup also.

Am I right in thinking we haven't conceded a goal in the league cup? Loving it just now and I honestly feel a real change happening. It's our squad / depth that that's making me confident now. The inevitable dip after a good result seems to be less the norm now. Not going to get carried away but if we can achieve consistency we'll do ok. We have a better squad than the Huns IMO, but we need to keep our levels up weekly. For the first time in a while, I think me just might. GGTTH

ACLeith
04-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Must add I honestly think the balance of the team is better without Scott Allan. Think we looked too much to him to produce some magic last season. We're not reliant on any individual now - just a solid team.
Nail hit on head, sums up just what I've been thinking the last few weeks 👍

Jim44
04-11-2015, 10:16 PM
We are and will continue to be the pits with the Goven mob but the baker might just begin to sit up and take notice. Happy days.

happiehibbie
04-11-2015, 10:27 PM
:aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok::aok:

Peevemor
04-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Another thing that I noticed tonight was a wee spell where we got 3 or 4 free kicks and they were all taken quickly. Obviously this is a good tactic if everyone stays switched on, but I honestly got the impression that the players simply wanted to get on with the game. They want to play. They want the ball.

That's what confidence does.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2015, 10:38 PM
The thing about the team now is every single players looks comfortable because they all look like they know their role, know what they are doing at set pieces, in certain situations, when we have the ball, when we don't, who they are covering for etc etc

That wasn't always the case in previous recent teams. Add to that we have a fantastic attitude instilled in the squad, a group of players who look like they love being here and no shortage of quality and it's no surprise we are a good team.

SanFranHibs
04-11-2015, 10:59 PM
And I think it safe to say we can only get better.

Without being arrogant, with respects to the division we are in, we are reaching a point where this squad will go into every game with great confidence and expectations of winning. It is not arrogance. Teams hoping to win divisions should expect to win...if they play to their full potential. They must recognize how better they are as a unit and be confident that they can even overcome adversity if they play like they have been. They still have to perform and treat every game in the same manner, but if we play like we did tonight who can match us in this division?

A long way to go in this season but they are on the verge of putting themselves on a different level from the rest of the league.

:flag:

Jonnyboy
04-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Jason's goal tonight means he's scored in the last six games. Laddie just gets better and better and I'd wager his work with Derek Riordan in recent weeks has contributed to that :agree:

Billy Whizz
04-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Jason's goal tonight means he's scored in the last six games. Laddie just gets better and better and I'd wager his work with Derek Riordan in recent weeks has contributed to that :agree:

He's come on leaps and bounds in his build up play and touch

Jonnyboy
04-11-2015, 11:03 PM
He's come on leaps and bounds in his build up play and touch

Spot on, Billy :agree:

Squealing pig
04-11-2015, 11:04 PM
Brilliant team , must get along for remainder of season , night and day from recent times

lord bunberry
04-11-2015, 11:10 PM
I thought we were being to complacent about the game tonight, I now think I'm a massive idiot who knows **** all about football :greengrin

Just Alf
04-11-2015, 11:15 PM
And I think it safe to say we can only get better.

Without being arrogant, with respects to the division we are in, we are reaching a point where this squad will go into every game with great confidence and expectations of winning. It is not arrogance. Teams hoping to win divisions should expect to win...if they play to their full potential. They must recognize how better they are as a unit and be confident that they can even overcome adversity if they play like they have been. They still have to perform and treat every game in the same manner, but if we play like we did tonight who can match us in this division?

A long way to go in this season but they are on the verge of putting themselves on a different level from the rest of the league.

:flag:

This 100%

That's not to say we will never loose of course, but by God, it really puts us on the front foot and therefore much more likely to get a positive result in each game if we go in with that mentality.

emerald green
04-11-2015, 11:16 PM
The current Hibs team / squad / management / everything, is like night and day compared to the shambles that got the club relegated.

lucky
04-11-2015, 11:18 PM
There's still a long way to go but things are going well but a few weeks back when we drew 1-1 with St Mirren many on here were questioning Stubbs and this Hibs team. We will drop points or turn in slack performances but I believe we will be promoted and might even win a cup or two

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Two great games at home but there were many moaners on here after the Bairns and Raith games. In normal circumstances we'd stroll the Championship but when Newco spend with seeming impunity it's going to be tough to go up as champions.

Every game is a must win.