PDA

View Full Version : Lthv

Mikey09
03-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Sorry, I know not many will be interested but had to post this. What a result for Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale tonight beating Montrose at Links Park in there Scottish cup 2nd round replay. Delighted for everyone at the club and they now face a tough tie away to Huntly in round 3. Well done all involved!! :top marks

Since90+2
04-11-2015, 06:14 AM
My little brother plays for them and they were very confident of winning the tie, they should have won the match at Saughton barring a great performance from the Montrose keeper (who is on loan from St Johnstone).

They had previously beaten Kelty Hearts 3-0 in the previous round who I believe are Junior Super League Champions and current league leaders. I would make Lothian favourites away to Huntly on current form , so who knows I might get an away Derby at Tyncastle in the next round :greengrin

Mikey09
04-11-2015, 08:41 AM
My little brother plays for them and they were very confident of winning the tie, they should have won the match at Saughton barring a great performance from the Montrose keeper (who is on loan from St Johnstone).

They had previously beaten Kelty Hearts 3-0 in the previous round who I believe are Junior Super League Champions and current league leaders. I would make Lothian favourites away to Huntly on current form , so who knows I might get an away Derby at Tyncastle in the next round :greengrin

They are an excellent team and a real good bunch of lads. The result against Kelty was fantastic and I would love them to make it through another round. Even better as you say if they got the chance to take Hibs on! What a day that would be!! Some really good players, but one in particular who I think, given the chance, would crack full time football.

Big_Franck
04-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Lothian were brilliant last night, they were the better team and could have won it in the 90 minutes. Every one of the players including the subs were at least a 7/10. The boys wearing number 6 and 8 in centre mid were brilliant, as was the left back.

Long trip up to Huntly in the next round so it won't be easy buy they are capable of doing well again. They'll all need to put in the same amount of effort though. Well done to everyone involved!

JimBHibees
04-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Great result that good to see and shows there are good players at that level of football who can compete with League teams.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Lothian were brilliant last night, they were the better team and could have won it in the 90 minutes. Every one of the players including the subs were at least a 7/10. The boys wearing number 6 and 8 in centre mid were brilliant, as was the left back.

Long trip up to Huntly in the next round so it won't be easy buy they are capable of doing well again. They'll all need to put in the same amount of effort though. Well done to everyone involved!

Is Calum Antel still in goals for Huntly

Mikey09
04-11-2015, 08:56 AM

Think he signed for Nairn... Loads of cash floating about the Highland League.

Big_Franck
04-11-2015, 09:01 AM

No, he's with Nairn County now.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2015, 09:05 AM
No, he's with Nairn County now.

Oops