PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Goals now open on Wednesday

PatHead
02-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Due to a prior booking and the change in the date of the fixture the BtG will be closed before and after the game on Wednesday.

macca70
02-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Went there after the game yesterday and it was shambolic!!!

Huge queues, apparently some issue with 1 of the tills. We left as it would have taken 20-30 mins to get served.

Such a pity as it's much needed cash for the club going elsewhere.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Went there after the game yesterday and it was shambolic!!!

Huge queues, apparently some issue with 1 of the tills. We left as it would have taken 20-30 mins to get served.

Such a pity as it's much needed cash for the club going elsewhere.

Big queues before the game as well. Not enough people serving.

PatHead
02-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Big queues before the game as well. Not enough people serving.

Found that on the top floor myself. Was only 1 person serving for a lot of the time.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Frustrating how the simplest of tasks to staff a bar sufficiently on a match day is so badly managed.

iwasthere1972
02-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Found that on the top floor myself. Was only 1 person serving for a lot of the time.

For the very first time I got there just as it was opening and managed to actually get a table to sit down at. Service was a bit slow. Not that keen on the Fosters lager either.

02-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Tried to stand by BTG for the sake of the Club but after Sunday sorry to say will be taking business elsewhere. Service/offering has got steadily worse as the season's gone on. Pity as they could be sitting on a wee gold mine. Hate to say it but they've lost me and will be taking the wee man for a Pizza in town instead before the next home game.

BoomtownHibees
03-11-2015, 05:43 AM
What was with all the reserved tables on Sunday as well??

Ronniekirk
03-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Given we are not managing to increase core support very mutch at present you would think that the club should be looking to maximise revenue from G T G but agree that having one person serving and long question isn't going to entice customers back

Onceinawhile
03-11-2015, 07:30 AM
I think the pre booking is exams? But they should be done by 5:15?

Onceinawhile
03-11-2015, 07:30 AM
According to the official site it's open?

offshorehibby
03-11-2015, 07:35 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5827

Pretty Boy
03-11-2015, 07:37 AM
Few folk I spoke to said they didn't think the number of staff was the problem but more the fact the beer taps where a dribble and had almost no flow at all so it was taking an age to pour a pint.

That's always going to be an issue in bars not used very often and with no one really in charge of the beers lines and cellar management but the technical services of a decent brewery should be able to sort it.

03-11-2015, 07:39 AM
Never been a fan of BTG, prefer a pub, however as I know somebody who works at the stadium and how much she's been knocking her pan in over the last few weeks since everything has been taken in house, I think that people who go there should give them a chance to get things back on track.

Kojock
03-11-2015, 07:41 AM
Given we are not managing to increase core support very mutch at present you would think that the club should be looking to maximise revenue from G T G but agree that having one person serving and long question isn't going to entice customers back

There were two people serving behind each bar upstairs but they ran short of glasses so one of them had to collect glasses. Simple solution, employ a glass collector.

Onceinawhile
03-11-2015, 07:43 AM
There were two people serving behind each bar upstairs but they ran short of glasses so one of them had to collect glasses. Simple solution, employ a glass collector.

Or people could return them when finished?

Kojock
03-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Or people could return them when finished?

i think the person collecting the glasses had to wash them as well.

Golden Bear
03-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Time to change the thread title even although we've since touched on the service aspects of BTG?

Golden Bear
03-11-2015, 08:13 AM
:aok:

erin go bragh
03-11-2015, 08:33 AM
Never been a fan of BTG, prefer a pub, however as I know somebody who works at the stadium and how much she's been knocking her pan in over the last few weeks since everything has been taken in house, I think that people who go there should give them a chance to get things back on track.

Prefer to give my money to Hibs but the small amount of table and chairs doesn't make it that enjoyable . I arrived at 11.05 on Sunday and still couldn't get a seat . The kids area is a brilliant idea but standing about is killing it for me .

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
03-11-2015, 08:33 AM
BTG could and should be a goldmine for the club.

They need one of these.
http://youtu.be/WxW5S8ixX-k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk