PDA

View Full Version : Radio tonite

c31
02-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Great listing to Alan Stubbs on the radio Scotland just now...

Off the bar
02-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Interesting to hear he's still talking to Scott Allen. Stubbs comes across as a total pro every time I hear him. The difference between him and that twat butcher is immense.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Worth a listen again when the podcast is available.
Talked about taking over at Hibs, wouldn't have taken it if he knew what he had to work with. Spoke about the Jan transfer window, had a laugh when he was asked about Rangers would do in January, he hinted that they may or may not have money then.
He also said that he reckoned Rangers playing budget was 4 times that of Hibs

Borderhibbie76
02-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Brilliant 30 min listen...he just oozes class and confidence in his players. Loved his comment that the camaraderie in the Squad just now is 2nd to none...he says the squad are so together it's scary sometimes...great stuff Stubbsy 👏

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Interesting to hear he's still talking to Scott Allen. Stubbs comes across as a total pro every time I hear him. The difference between him and that twat butcher is immense.great listen the differece is one is humble guy and good man manager and the other rent a qoute crap gardener

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 07:14 PM
Made it clear we need two signings in Jan.
Another 1000 HSL sign ups would make sure they are top quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coldingham hibs
02-11-2015, 07:16 PM
I really hope that Stubbs manages to get us up this season, he deserves it for the effort he has put in to resurrect the club.

He talks brilliantly about Hibs and appreciates the support he has.

Everyone needs to make that extra effort to support him & the players.

DaveF
02-11-2015, 07:18 PM

If only those who cant afford to attend or buy STs could do this we would be in such a good position. If you know anyone in that situation, try to get them signed up.

kaimendhibs
02-11-2015, 07:22 PM

Here's hoping. We've already seen the quality of signings that HSL has helped finance

The_Horde
02-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Interesting to hear he's still talking to Scott Allen. Stubbs comes across as a total pro every time I hear him. The difference between him and that twat butcher is immense.

Yep. Well done leanne for seeking him out.

Col2
02-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Great listen. Really didn't say much for those at club (including Petrie) based on the mess Stubbs had to take over. Yes we had been relegated but sounded like we had nothing left in terms of coaching, Physio, players, recruitment, analysis.

Alex Trager
02-11-2015, 07:38 PM
When is it up on podcast

Billy Whizz
02-11-2015, 07:39 PM
When is it up on podcast

Another hour or so maybe

DH1875
02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Can I listen to this again? Waisted my time listening to radio Clyde :rolleyes:.

Alex Trager
02-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Another hour or so maybe

Ah

Borderhibbie76
02-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Can I listen to this again? Waisted my time listening to radio Clyde :rolleyes:.
Bet that was full of seethe, excuses, Sevco were robbed etc etc 😕

Billy Whizz
02-11-2015, 07:46 PM
Bet that was full of seethe, excuses, Sevco were robbed etc etc 😕

To be fair, Hugh Keevans thought it was s cracking game and Hibs just shaved it

DH1875
02-11-2015, 07:54 PM
To be fair, Hugh Keevans thought it was s cracking game and Hibs just shaved it

Aye, what about the other 2 muppets and the callers lol. Keevans also said rangers would still win the league by 15 points.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Aye, what about the other 2 muppets and the callers lol. Keevans also said rangers would still win the league by 15 points.

You don't take Clyde seriously do you?
The guy who said Rangers would win the league by Xmas, had me in stitches

Michael
02-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Podcast is up folks. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads) (About 10 minutes in)

Alfred E Newman
02-11-2015, 08:21 PM

To be fair, the way Rangers played yesterday it's hard to see them dropping points to anyone other than ourselves.

Tynie01011973
02-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Podcast is up folks. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads) (About 10 minutes in)

Link ?

overdrive
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM

The bread man sounds exactly like Terry Butcher. Gives me the creep.

Onion
02-11-2015, 08:40 PM
To be fair, the way Rangers played yesterday it's hard to see them dropping points to anyone other than ourselves.

Best Sevco have played in weeks, and it wasn't good enough. IMO pressure is starting to show on Warburton and their players.

Having won 11 straight, they would have reasonably expected to be 12-15 points clear but Hibs are snapping at their heals - must hurt a lot. Let's see how they cope with the next 3 or 4 weeks, should be interesting.

Michael
02-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Link ?

The text in my post is linked. But, if that doesn't work it's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

seanshow
02-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I really hope that Stubbs manages to get us up this season, he deserves it for the effort he has put in to resurrect the club.

He talks brilliantly about Hibs and appreciates the support he has.

Everyone needs to make that extra effort to support him & the players.

The only thing he said wrong tonight was calling our next opponents Dundee, twice. that never goes down well. :tee hee:

Tynie01011973
02-11-2015, 08:47 PM
The text in my post is linked. But, if that doesn't work it's here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

:thumbsup: Thanks

Smartie
02-11-2015, 08:53 PM

Seriously?

It's not often I disagree with Stubbs but I think our squad is excellent and wouldn't be in any hurry to add to it.

BoomtownHibees
02-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Seriously?

It's not often I disagree with Stubbs but I think our squad is excellent and wouldn't be in any hurry to add to it.

Remember that Eckersley will be away. Anybody else only with us until Jan?

Plus we should always be looking to improve the squad when available

Billy Whizz
02-11-2015, 08:56 PM
Seriously?

He laughed off when asked which areas he needed players in. Said if Gray gets injured we don't have another right back, although he said he has players who can play right back. Also through in a bit about a striker as well

J-C
02-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Jeez, they can't even get the friggin date right on the podcast, they have it as the 3rd Nov :confused:

heretoday
02-11-2015, 09:01 PM
The only thing he said wrong tonight was calling our next opponents Dundee, twice. that never goes down well. :tee hee:

Could it have been subtle mind games? We've got another Fergie on our hands!

StevieBoyKdy
02-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Talking about a striker and natural right back in January. But overall happy with squad.

Heisenberg
02-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Another striker? Surely would only be a priority if we were to be getting rid of/losing a player or two in that area.

renato
02-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Right back cover, natural left winger and another striker (if Farid is looking unlikely). That would be some squad...

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 09:27 PM
Another striker? Surely would only be a priority if we were to be getting rid of/losing a player or two in that area.

I expect that he probably wanted someone to be pushing Malonga for a starting spot by now.

StevieBoyKdy
02-11-2015, 09:32 PM
I hate to say it but is farid finished? He was playing 4-5 games on the trot for the youth team and no news on him. I think feruz, Stanton, anier will all not be here come Feb. Stubbs is talking about right back only one natural right back but the same could be said for left back. When eckersly leaves for US in Jan were down to one again.

B.H.F.C
02-11-2015, 09:38 PM

Or it says more about the chances of Farid playing any part.

J-C
02-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Right back cover, natural left winger and another striker (if Farid is looking unlikely). That would be some squad...

Where did he say that, I heard him saying probably 2 players and mentioned RB and a striker.

He's looking to play 3 up top by the looks of it, Farid will not play again I think, his knee has gone, Feruz I think is only a loan till January and I'm not sure he's convinced by Anier. Gray has had a few injuries since he came and a proper back up RB is a must compared to the left side.

renato
02-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Where did he say that, I heard him saying probably 2 players and mentioned RB and a striker.

He's looking to play 3 up top by the looks of it, Farid will not play again I think, his knee has gone, Feruz I think is only a loan till January and I'm not sure he's convinced by Anier. Gray has had a few injuries since he came and a proper back up RB is a must compared to the left side.

Just my opinion, JC. Agree that RB and forward are the priorities but I'd still like a left winger option, despite us using Lewis as our width on that side. We hopefully won't need it most games but blistering pace like Boyle, on the left, would be a great weapon to have.

Regardless, this is the strongest squad I've seen in 8 or so years.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Stubbs come across really well, maybe even better than ever? He needed to walk the walk as well, and he's doing that also.

Long may it continue.:top marks

dp00
03-11-2015, 11:42 PM
Really good interview , scary to think how bad it was before he came in, even if the worst happens and we don't get promoted he deserves a lot of credit

Sir David Gray
03-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Really good interview , scary to think how bad it was before he came in, even if the worst happens and we don't get promoted he deserves a lot of credit

:agree: This is like night and day compared with what we were subjected to previously.

The communication from the club and the way in which it is engaging with the supporters now is unrecognisable compared with how things used to be.