PDA

View Full Version : Carl Frampton v Scott Quigg

Pretty Boy
02-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Signed for Manchester in Fenruary next year.

Absolutely massive fight, arguably the biggest British/Irish fight in a decade or more. Unification bout for 2 legitimate world titles, definitely going to try and get to the one.

Scottie
02-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Great news will be a massive build up to this one. Can't wait.

3pm
02-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Absolutely massive fight, arguably the biggest British/Irish fight in a decade or more. Unification bout for 2 legitimate world titles, definitely going to try and get to the one.

Is there a bit niggle or is there a bit respect?

Pretty Boy
03-11-2015, 06:49 AM

A lot of the usual niggle publicly, there's been the predictable couple of years baiting before we got to this point.

Privately I think most boxers respect anyone brave enough to get in the ring.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2015, 07:42 AM

Plenty mutual respect on the wee snippet I saw on SSN last night.

Zazu62
07-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Lee vs Saunders is the bigger fight for me. It's a fight for the ages

Pretty Boy
07-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Lee vs Saunders is the bigger fight for me. It's a fight for the ages

Not sure I agree tbh.

I like Andy Lee but I'm not sure he's a real elite level operator. I fancy Saunders, who has the potential to be, to beat him well. I think the bookies have this one wrong and will be piling in on Saunders at 11/10.

Frampton and Quigg are very closely matched and whilst it may not be a Hearns v Hagler replay it will be technically superb imo and too close to call until late on.

#FromTheCapital
10-11-2015, 06:38 AM
Not sure I agree tbh.

I like Andy Lee but I'm not sure he's a real elite level operator. I fancy Saunders, who has the potential to be, to beat him well. I think the bookies have this one wrong and will be piling in on Saunders at 11/10.

Frampton and Quigg are very closely matched and whilst it may not be a Hearns v Hagler replay it will be technically superb imo and too close to call until late on.

Agreed on the Lee v Saunders fight. Will be sticking a wedge on Saunders at that price too. Can see Saunders taking an early advantage before Lee turns it in to a war in the latter stages. Saunders will come out on top imo. As a side note I really like both boxers, both great fighters, very respectful towards each other and showing great sportsmanship. Everything I love about boxing.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Happy days.

Saunders wins well and I'm a couple of hundred quid richer.

Now for the Eubank rematch.

#FromTheCapital
20-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Happy days.

Saunders wins well and I'm a couple of hundred quid richer.

Now for the Eubank rematch.

Stuck 40 on Saunders to win on points, alongside the 25 I had on Falkirk yesterday a good weekend all round :-D

Thought it was a decent fight last night, not a classic by any means but a good fight from 2 very good fighters. As close as everyone predicted. Take away the 2 knockdowns in round 3 then I had them drawing. Andy Lee will be back but I doubt he'll be world champion again at his age.

Eubank Jr was on Twitter immediately after the fight pushing a rematch for the world title so I think we'll see that at some point next year.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Stuck 40 on Saunders to win on points, alongside the 25 I had on Falkirk yesterday a good weekend all round :-D

Thought it was a decent fight last night, not a classic by any means but a good fight from 2 very good fighters. As close as everyone predicted. Take away the 2 knockdowns in round 3 then I had them drawing. Andy Lee will be back but I doubt he'll be world champion again at his age.

Eubank Jr was on Twitter immediately after the fight pushing a rematch for the world title so I think we'll see that at some point next year.

Agree re Andy Lee. He's been a great champion and had a fine career, I can see him operating well at European level and possibly even fighting for another world title, if not winning it.

Saunders still has improvment in him and I really like him, reckon he could go far and it will be interesting to watch how his rivalry with Eubank plays out. I think it's quite interesting that of the 3 '2008 Olympians' the best amateur of the 3 has had the toughest time in the professional game whilst DeGale and Saunders have picked up world titles and are now operating at close to the elite level.

lord bunberry
26-02-2016, 12:21 AM
I've been watching some of the build up stuff for this fight, it's been really interesting seeing and hearing all the stuff that goes on in the build up to a big fight. I like how they have put microphones on the 2 boxers so you can hear what they're saying. Should be a good fight.

#FromTheCapital
26-02-2016, 10:23 AM
I've been watching some of the build up stuff for this fight, it's been really interesting seeing and hearing all the stuff that goes on in the build up to a big fight. I like how they have put microphones on the 2 boxers so you can hear what they're saying. Should be a good fight.

Been watching the build up too and am buzzing now for this fight. The final press conference yesterday was hilarious at points - loved Frampton calling Eddie Hearn a lanky **** 😂😂😂.

Nobody is able to pick a winner with any certainty in this one. Going to predict a Frampton points victory myself but wouldn't be surprised by any other outcome including a Quigg victory by KO.

silverhibee
26-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Weigh in has been great.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Frampton by UD for me, as long as he starts well then he should win.

I like Quigg but Frampton is a classy operator. There was a bit of rumour he was toiling to make weight but he looked fine at the weigh in and was a few ounces under I think.

lord bunberry
26-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Been watching the build up too and am buzzing now for this fight. The final press conference yesterday was hilarious at points - loved Frampton calling Eddie Hearn a lanky **** .

Nobody is able to pick a winner with any certainty in this one. Going to predict a Frampton points victory myself but wouldn't be surprised by any other outcome including a Quigg victory by KO.
I want Frampton to win, but I've got a feeling Quigg might win. Either way I'm expecting a real tear up.

#FromTheCapital
26-02-2016, 05:57 PM
I want Frampton to win, but I've got a feeling Quigg might win. Either way I'm expecting a real tear up.

Same here. Frampton has more charisma and I think he's a better boxer. Got a lot of respect for Quigg's dedication and commitment though.

chinaman
27-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Great win for josh taylor there .
guy with loads of experience and 20 plus fights taken apart .

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 09:32 PM
I've done frampton in the ninth. Let's get this fight on.

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:03 PM
I've done frampton in the ninth. Let's get this fight on.

I dont want to jinx your bet, but i fancy Quigg to win this early

easty
27-02-2016, 10:08 PM
I dont want to jinx your bet, but i fancy Quigg to win this early

Quigg in 6

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Framptons jab the difference so far. Well superior. Quigg has to counter that to win.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Quigg has to throw a punch!

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Tentative stuff so far.

easty
27-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Tentative stuff so far.

That's being kind. It's been dire.

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 10:12 PM
Cagey as **** so far

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Quigg needs to loosen up, too tense

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Thought this was going to be a war after the weigh in, but it already looks like points.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Thought this was going to be a war after the weigh in, but it already looks like points.

Quigg needs to start throwing shots. He's not going to win in a battle of jabs.

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Quigg looks scared to me, he threw a few more punches in that last round, but not enough.

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:22 PM

He's hardly thrown a jab yet.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:24 PM
He's hardly thrown a jab yet.

I sound like a broken record but Framptons jab and feint left hook is going to win this unless something changes.

Quigg needs to change tactics or this is going to run away from him imo.

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Frampton is bossing this so far

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:26 PM
Good point from Jim Watt about the boxers responsibility to put on a half decent show. Who is going to pay to watch a potential rematch of this crap?

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Frampton is bossing this so far

Easy nights work thus far. Superior boxer is bossing things. Quigg needs to drag this into a fight or he's ****ed because he isn't winning a boxing contest.

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Are we going to see a fight at some point

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Good point from Jim Watt about the boxers responsibility to put on a half decent show. Who is going to pay to watch a potential rematch of this crap?

I wouldn't because I predicted this months ago. The boxer, no disrespect to Quigg who is a hugely dedicated guy, was always going to win like this.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Yet another big fight disappointment so far.

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't because I predicted this months ago. The boxer, no disrespect to Quigg who is a hugely dedicated guy, was always going to win like this.

I cant believe Quigg is going to surrender his unbeaten record so tamely.

Fife-Hibee
27-02-2016, 10:42 PM
All very anti climatic. Just glad I'm watching this on a non sky channel, never worth the price tag.

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:45 PM
All very anti climatic. Just glad I'm watching this on a non sky channel, never worth the price tag.

An expensive 3 rounds of entertaiment

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Frampton for me

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:52 PM
Frampton for me

Shocker if not.

Big UD imo

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Frampton for me

And me

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Right result, good luck trying to sell a rematch though.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 10:56 PM
Split decision.

Fair enough it was cagey but Frampton showed more variety and class for me. Should have been UD but he'll take the win and the amswer to the questions, he'll win any rematch too.

Fife-Hibee
27-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Boxings too much like a marriage these days. Petty squabbling followed by a few punch exchanges followed by a few hugs and kisses, then back to the petty squabbling.

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Split decision.

Fair enough it was cagey but Frampton showed more variety and class for me. Should have been UD but he'll take the win and the amswer to the questions, he'll win any rematch too.

Agreed, should never have been a split decision. Quigg needs to man up if he wants to make it. I can't help feeling he fought the wrong fight and was badly advised.

Ricky Bobby
27-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Boxings too much like a marriage these days. Petty squabbling followed by a few punch exchanges followed by a few hugs and kisses, then back to the petty squabbling.
:top marks

You been looking through my windows? :wink:

#FromTheCapital
27-02-2016, 11:10 PM
Over the piece I thought Quigg landed the better shots but Frampton wins round by round. Not worthy of rematch despite the fact it was a close fight.

Haymaker
28-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Quigg broke his jaw in the 4th. Nasty but impressive to stay in

Zazu62
28-02-2016, 10:43 AM

U would never see benn and Eubank hugging each other at the end . Crap fight

#FromTheCapital
28-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Reminded me of Mayweather v Pacquiao last year - hyped up as what should've been a great fight, but a total let down.

I feel sorry for Scott Quigg, I put most of the blame with his corner for that pish performance. His trainer Joe Gallacher thought the fight was even after 4 rounds 😂. It wasn't until Sky told them that Frampton was easily winning that he started showing any aggression.

Fife-Hibee
28-02-2016, 11:51 AM
Was just watching a boxing documentary on SS3. The likes of Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali would crucify these jokers.

easty
28-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Was just watching a boxing documentary on SS3. The likes of Joe Frazier and Muhammad Ali would crucify these jokers.

They were heavyweights...

derekHFC
01-03-2016, 02:47 PM
They were heavyweights...

:tee hee:

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 02:55 PM
That's a sore one. He done well to last the distance.

http://cdn-01.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article34497451.ece/bcc8a/ALTERNATES/w620/quigg%20jaw%20injury.png

easty
02-03-2016, 04:55 PM
:tee hee:

Is this a whoosh moment for me?

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 08:26 PM

Framton and Quigg are super bantamweight so it's likely even the *****st heavyweight would knock them on their arse, never mind 2 of the best ever.

derekHFC
03-03-2016, 01:20 PM

Nah, just you saying they were heavy weights and me imaging either Quigg or Framton in with a heavyweight :greengrin