PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on Leith

FromTheCapital
02-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Undoubtedly my favourite song in the world. First time I had heard it since the funeral of my uncle who passed away a couple of weeks ago and I belted it out yesterday like never before. Filled me with pride and I'm sure he would've been proud of how the boys battled and got the result. I really do love this football club and Sunshine on Leith :aok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mim
02-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Undoubtedly my favourite song in the world. First time I had heard it since the funeral of my uncle who passed away a couple of weeks ago and I belted it out yesterday like never before. Filled me with pride and I'm sure he would've been proud of how the boys battled and got the result. I really do love this football club and Sunshine on Leith :aok

I was heading down St Clair street towards Tamsons at a great rate of knots when the song broke out. Hard to see where you're going when your eyes are full of tears. :flag:

hibees 7062
02-11-2015, 04:13 PM
I was heading down St Clair street towards Tamsons at a great rate of knots when the song broke out. Hard to see where you're going when your eyes are full of tears. :flag:

:agree: Everytime I hear it

FromTheCapital
02-11-2015, 04:13 PM

Fantastic mate!

itslegaltender
02-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Standing with my son at Easter Road, thinking of my Hibee Dad and Grandad who are no longer with us, that song nails me every time.

FromTheCapital
02-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Standing with my son at Easter Road, thinking of my Hibee Dad and Grandad who are no longer with us, that song nails me every time.

It's one of those things mate. Imagine the day it's sung and we are named Scottish cup winners! Still not sure if I'll ever see that day :rofl

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2015, 11:12 PM
For all the songs sung at football matches, no one else can have that one. It is ours and ours only. IMO even the so called great songs like YNWA are just songs in comparison. Not even close.

The Harp
02-11-2015, 11:37 PM

I'm with you on that one. When it was played at the League Cup Final in '07, I had my son on one side of me and my daughter on the other side and I couldn't stop the tears. It's a moment that will live with me forever.

southern hibby
03-11-2015, 12:14 AM
It's one of those things mate. Imagine the day it's sung and we are named Scottish cup winners! Still not sure if I'll ever see that day :rofl

Yes you will end of this season FACT (disclaimer fingers crossed )

GGTTH

hibbyboy1
03-11-2015, 04:35 AM
http://sabotagetimes.com/football/14-football-clubs-whose-fans-sing-pop-songs---spurs-hibs-man-city-and-more

whiskyhibby
03-11-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm with you on that one. When it was played at the League Cup Final in '07, I had my son on one side of me and my daughter on the other side and I couldn't stop the tears. It's a moment that will live with me forever.

That was a truely nerve tingling and emotional experience an amazing day all over

Ronster117
03-11-2015, 09:20 PM
we played that song at my late fathers funeral, everyone had tears in their eyes. Gets me every time I hear it, reminds me of my Dad the man who took me to watch the Hibs for the first time in 1973, he was a very proud Hibs man as is his family

scooby
03-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Simply epic! When my twins were being delivered the anaesthetist was a hibby and was playing the Proclaimers, my daughter was born to 500 miles and my son to Sunshine on Leith, a fact he's very proud of!
They're only six, but were both proudly belting it out on Sunday.

:gwa:

esjorto
03-11-2015, 11:14 PM
I shed tears just thinking about shedding tears at the 2007 LCF.!!