PDA

View Full Version : Post-match Albion Road/Easter Road incident

TheFamous1875
02-11-2015, 11:37 AM
Since we're all about incidents: After the match, I was walking up Easter Road with all the other fans and there was a guy on the corner across from the newsagent (same newsagent where the spitting-van-viral-video happened at the corner of Albion Road/Easter Road) on the corner getting lifted by the police - he was calmly and clearly shouting something close to: "can anyone see this happening? The police are being forceful with me and I haven't done anything and I'm not resisting. They're being forceful on me when I've done nothing wrong" and something about his phone which I didn't quite catch. I didn't see what had happened or anything, I just saw him being grappled and grabbed about by police officers who were shoving him against the pavement railings, etc. I'm sure the guy had his hands up and didn't seem to be resisting and despite not seeing what had happened, it seemed very peculiar that he was being handled so forcefully when he didn't seem to be resisting. Did anyone else see this? The guy in question was bald/had a skinhead and a pair of Hibs-green sunglasses on his head and a grey hoodie.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2015, 11:53 AM
The guy wasn't next to a red car by any chance was he?

There was a guy there in a red car in the right lane trying to turn right at the lights but there were barriers up. A Police van pulled up in the left lane and the Policemen inside asked him to pull ahead of them and go straight on. Guy kept shouting back that he wasn't moving until he could turn right, Police explained he was blocking the road but guy was having none of it and was ranting and raving away at them. I was walking away from it but if it is this incident I'm not surprised an arrest was made as the guy was 100% insistent he wasn't moving.

Baldy Foghorn
02-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Walked past the guy who was in handcuffs, he was saying something to the Police, one officer told the guy that he was giving him a headache.

Typical 3 or 4 police dealing with one guy, but nowhere to be seen when the incident involving Callum happened........

macca70
02-11-2015, 10:14 PM
When we walked past he didn't seem to be too cooperative, handcuffed and surrounded by 4/5 police officers. They were asking him his name, he didn't seem keen to give it.

Bill Milne
03-11-2015, 10:30 AM

There was a guy there in a red car in the right lane trying to turn right at the lights but there were barriers up. A Police van pulled up in the left lane and the Policemen inside asked him to pull ahead of them and go straight on. Guy kept shouting back that he wasn't moving until he could turn right, Police explained he was blocking the road but guy was having none of it and was ranting and raving away at them. I was walking away from it but if it is this incident I'm not surprised an arrest was made as the guy was 100% insistent he wasn't moving.

I think this was the same guy in the car you refer to, PB. I walked past as he was sitting at the lights and other traffic was being forced into the inside lane because he was refusing to move. He seemed completely unaware there was a big game on, frankly.

TheFamous1875
03-11-2015, 10:46 AM

I think this was the same guy in the car you refer to, PB. I walked past as he was sitting at the lights and other traffic was being forced into the inside lane because he was refusing to move. He seemed completely unaware there was a big game on, frankly.

The guy I'm referring to was standing on the pavement and looked like he was on his way from the game and I don't remember there being a car or anything so I don't think it's him.

Walked past the guy who was in handcuffs, he was saying something to the Police, one officer told the guy that he was giving him a headache.

Typical 3 or 4 police dealing with one guy, but nowhere to be seen when the incident involving Callum happened........

When we walked past he didn't seem to be too cooperative, handcuffed and surrounded by 4/5 police officers. They were asking him his name, he didn't seem keen to give it.

This sounds more like the guy - he was aggrieved at being arrested, almost incredulous about it but he didn't seem to be resisting anything. He was cocksure enough to pontificate to the passing fans that the police behaviour towards him was unnecessary so I suppose that could be seen as being uncooperative; so you could imagine him possibly refusing to give his name or something like that...

It just seemed a bit harsh all these officers putting hands on this one guy who didn't seem to be posing any physical threat. Was wondering if anyone knew what it was about?

ben johnson
03-11-2015, 01:54 PM
The guy I'm referring to was standing on the pavement and looked like he was on his way from the game and I don't remember there being a car or anything so I don't think it's him.

This sounds more like the guy - he was aggrieved at being arrested, almost incredulous about it but he didn't seem to be resisting anything. He was cocksure enough to pontificate to the passing fans that the police behaviour towards him was unnecessary so I suppose that could be seen as being uncooperative; so you could imagine him possibly refusing to give his name or something like that...

It just seemed a bit harsh all these officers putting hands on this one guy who didn't seem to be posing any physical threat. Was wondering if anyone knew what it was about?

He started out in his car trying to turn right at the lights. The police then assisted him out of his car and took him over to the pavement. A policeman then drove his car out of the way. Seemed to be wanting to turn right into Albion and not really taking no for an answer.