PDA

View Full Version : St Clair Street incident

CropleyWasGod
02-11-2015, 10:15 AM
Much less serious than the ER incident, did anyone see this after the match? My nosiness wants to know how it resolved itself.

Appeared to be 2 Hibbies in a spat over cars, and was turning quite ugly when I passed it.

It always seems to me that, unless you have elderly or disabled passengers, that street is a daft place to park.

O'Rourke3
02-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Coralled down that way but all joy and love when i walked down and i got round from the West

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Hibs Class
02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Much less serious than the ER incident, did anyone see this after the match? My nosiness wants to know how it resolved itself.

Appeared to be 2 Hibbies in a spat over cars, and was turning quite ugly when I passed it.

It always seems to me that, unless you have elderly or disabled passengers, that street is a daft place to park.

Think the parking there is blue badge only but it's always full. At full time the street is blocked at the bottom preventing traffic from coming up - that's new this season I think. For some reason those who park there usually want to drive off whilst the crowd is clearing - would seem much more sensible, and safer, if they just waited for 5-10 minutes until it was clear of people.

Bristolhibby
02-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Never understand why people don't wait in that situation. Quite frankly I'd be bricking it driving through a crowd of hundreds of football fans. Wait 20 minutes, or park further out.

J

Beefster
02-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Never understand why people don't wait in that situation. Quite frankly I'd be bricking it driving through a crowd of hundreds of football fans. Wait 20 minutes, or park further out.

J

Given that every car parked in that road is supposed to have a occupant who is registered disabled, I'm not sure parking further away is an option. There might be valid reasons why some of the occupants can't sit there until the crowds have dispersed too.

jacomo
02-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Given that every car parked in that road is supposed to have a occupant who is registered disabled, I'm not sure parking further away is an option. There might be valid reasons why some of the occupants can't sit there until the crowds have dispersed too.

Both good points, but waiting 5-10 minutes is rarely crucial.

Geo_1875
02-11-2015, 03:13 PM

A friend parks there as his father is registered disabled. If they have to be somewhere else they leave the game 10-15 minutes from the end allowing plenty time to wander down the street to the car and depart before the crowd. Alternatively, they stay in their seats until the crowd have dispersed. It makes sense to me.

Beefster
02-11-2015, 04:43 PM
A friend parks there as his father is registered disabled. If they have to be somewhere else they leave the game 10-15 minutes from the end allowing plenty time to wander down the street to the car and depart before the crowd. Alternatively, they stay in their seats until the crowd have dispersed. It makes sense to me.

My old man is disabled and we leave a couple of minutes early to avoid the masses. What makes sense for my old man or your friend's father might not make sense to everyone else though. I was trying to make the point that, without knowing everyone's individual circumstances, it's impossible to make generalisations like 'they can just wait 10 minutes'.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that disabled Hibs fans should change their plans just to accommodate everyone else either.

BSEJVT
02-11-2015, 06:01 PM
My old man is disabled and we leave a couple of minutes early to avoid the masses. What makes sense for my old man or your friend's father might not make sense to everyone else though. I was trying to make the point that, without knowing everyone's individual circumstances, it's impossible to make generalisations like 'they can just wait 10 minutes'.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that disabled Hibs fans should change their plans just to accommodate everyone else either.

I think I am less comfortable with the idea that folk whether able bodied or disabled attempt to drive through crowds of pedestrians?

I accept fully that the pedestrians shouldn't be on the road in the first place, but driving with due care, attention and common sense would go a long way in such situations.

Andy74
02-11-2015, 06:05 PM

Disabled fans just have to accept football crowds and traffic like anyone else surely?

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2015, 06:25 PM

I'm confused by your last comment, what exactly do you mean? Disabled folk rightly get priority parking close to the stadium. By default that is always going to result in a wait to get away by car unless they leave early surely?

liamh2202
02-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Im sorry and without sounding harsh ,the fact they are disabled is irrelevant in this situation. The masses should be allowed to disperse safely before cars are allowed to move. Dont forget people are made to go down that way .

danhibees1875
02-11-2015, 06:32 PM
I think I am less comfortable with the idea that folk whether able bodied or disabled attempt to drive through crowds of pedestrians?

I accept fully that the pedestrians shouldn't be on the road in the first place, but driving with due care, attention and common sense would go a long way in such situations.

Pedestrians have to be on the road directly after the game in the immediate streets around the stadium. I feel sorry for people who are disabled and urgently need to make a sharp exit from the game (and I don't think they should be forced to leave the game early to accommodate this), but I've no idea what the solution to that is...

One thing that does my nut, is the blocking of the street between north and west stands so as to accommodate rangers supports as best we can... keep them behind! This has been going on for years, why hasn't the club changed this?

eastterrace
02-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Pedestrians have to be on the road directly after the game in the immediate streets around the stadium. I feel sorry for people who are disabled and urgently need to make a sharp exit from the game (and I don't think they should be forced to leave the game early to accommodate this), but I've no idea what the solution to that is...

One thing that does my nut, is the blocking of the street between north and west stands so as to accommodate rangers supports as best we can... keep them behind! This has been going on for years, why hasn't the club changed this?

i think the quicker we get rid of them out the stadium the better so maybe thats why they are not kept behind

danhibees1875
02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
i think the quicker we get rid of them out the stadium the better so maybe thats why they are not kept behind
From a damage perspective you might have a point- although we can surely claim that back from them.

From a health and hygiene perspective, I guess it makes sense.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Tinribs
02-11-2015, 07:13 PM
From a damage perspective you might have a point- although we can surely claim that back from them.

From a health and hygiene perspective, I guess it makes sense.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

:agree:

Beefster
02-11-2015, 07:15 PM
A number of folk seem to be missing my point. I was initially responding to the suggestion that disabled supporters either park further away (which kind of defeats the purpose) or not understanding why they don't just wait (that might be fine if all disabilities were purely mobility problems but they're not).

I didn't claim that anyone shouldn't expect traffic/crowds. I didn't claim that anyone should be able to drive how they wanted.

Maybe the answer is better management by the Police rather than routing everyone down a road specifically used as a parking area for disabled supporters.

Scouse Hibee
02-11-2015, 07:35 PM
A number of folk seem to be missing my point. I was initially responding to the suggestion that disabled supporters either park further away (which kind of defeats the purpose) or not understanding why they don't just wait (that might be fine if all disabilities were purely mobility problems but they're not).

I didn't claim that anyone shouldn't expect traffic/crowds. I didn't claim that anyone should be able to drive how they wanted.

Maybe the answer is better management by the Police rather than routing everyone down a road specifically used as a parking area for disabled supporters.

Okay fair enough, I misunderstood your post. I think the issue is that there will never be an ideal place close enough to prevent the problems described when we are directed because of the Cat A game. Having said that the parking facilities are pretty decent and nice and close and ideal for most games.

silverhibee
03-11-2015, 03:56 PM

Anyway, to answer your post, :greengrin yeah i seen it, two guys arguing over one of them pulling out in front of each other, two guys got out there cars and were arguing and a bit pushing and then the security guy got in between them, that seemed to be it over but the guy in the front car (BMW) came back and threw a punch which seemed a bit out of order as he seemed older and had his daughter/Grandaughter ( i preesume) while the other guy in the BM had his son who was out the car by this time as well doing a bit shouting too, anyway the guy in the BM drove away in a hurry, and that was that, not the first time i have seen folk arguing at that bit where they put the barrier up.

CropleyWasGod
03-11-2015, 06:06 PM
Anyway, to answer your post, :greengrin yeah i seen it, two guys arguing over one of them pulling out in front of each other, two guys got out there cars and were arguing and a bit pushing and then the security guy got in between them, that seemed to be it over but the guy in the front car (BMW) came back and threw a punch which seemed a bit out of order as he seemed older and had his daughter/Grandaughter ( i preesume) while the other guy in the BM had his son who was out the car by this time as well doing a bit shouting too, anyway the guy in the BM drove away in a hurry, and that was that, not the first time i have seen folk arguing at that bit where they put the barrier up.
Cheers for that. I was enjoying the debate and forgot that I had started it :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk