PDA

View Full Version : Bookies inside Stadium ran out of money

itslegaltender
02-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Marathons bookie stands couldnt pay out to everyone yesterday. Huge queue after the game, apparently the ran out of money as they had numerous large bets from people.

I had a cheeky pound on Cummings 2-1, guy in front of me in Stadium had same bet with a £5 on it. Odds were 56/1! Thought the 3/1 bet for a Hibs win and 6/1 bet for Hibs win with Cummings to score was good value, seems like everyone lumped on!

Now have to wait till Wednesday night (or reg online and wait a week) for payout. PETRIE! :wink:

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Always nice to hear of bookies running out of cash. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatbloke
02-11-2015, 10:07 AM
My son had a tenner at 12/1 for a 2-1 win. got weighed in but guy who won £800 was asked to come back on Wednesday. Happy days all round it seemed.:greengrin

lucky
02-11-2015, 10:13 AM
That's a joke of a service. But delighted they took a hammering

Ozyhibby
02-11-2015, 10:15 AM

It's Petrie making sure there is a good crowd on Wednesday. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Trager
02-11-2015, 10:15 AM
What do you expect when they have us at 3-1.

Seriously I question if they watch football

legends of 73
02-11-2015, 10:17 AM
Wonderful to see them running out of cash,shows you the belief the fans had in the team💚💚🇳🇬🇳🇬💚💚

mim
02-11-2015, 10:19 AM

Don't agree with that.
Do you really expect an onsite bookmaker to carry unlimited cash?
Cue, the big Easter Road heist :greengrin

Treadstone
02-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Probably did at the stadium but nationwide a Hibs win was a great result for them. Looking at yesterday's EPL results, Hibs winning saved them a bundle.

Smartie
02-11-2015, 10:54 AM
What do you expect when they have us at 3-1.

Seriously I question if they watch football

Presumably the odds reflect the bets they've taken across the whole market i.e. all of the online bets as well.

Punters will have been weighing in on Rangers based on the fact that they'd won all their games without actually knowing much about them.

We all knew the odds were generous on us yesterday so a few of us got stuck in and made a few quid.

And for all Marathon bet ran out of cash at the ground, I still suspect that yesterday's result will have been a superb one for them and that they'll have made a fortune.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Not really. It happens from time to time.

I remember being at Kempton races a few years back where the favourites won the first 5 races on the card, several bookies onsite ran out of cash and had to call for the betting ring manager to being them more. The fav bolted up in the 6th as well and same thing happened. A few couldn't pay out and were advising those with winning slips to claim through the address on the back of the slip.

I've even seem bookies shops struggle to pay out decent winners on busy Saturdays and asking people to come back the next day.

Alex Trager
02-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Presumably the odds reflect the bets they've taken across the whole market i.e. all of the online bets as well.

Punters will have been weighing in on Rangers based on the fact that they'd won all their games without actually knowing much about them.

We all knew the odds were generous on us yesterday so a few of us got stuck in and made a few quid.

And for all Marathon bet ran out of cash at the ground, I still suspect that yesterday's result will have been a superb one for them and that they'll have made a fortune.

I'd see it the other way.
So many people I know took Hibs.

ronaldo7
02-11-2015, 11:23 AM
The lassie at the kiosk where we collected had paid out £8k, before we got our money, she was calling the staff at other kiosks to try and get some more delivered. Happy days.

Wilson
02-11-2015, 11:26 AM

Don't forget the draw either. That looked a good shout before the game. The bookies will have done alright

lucky
02-11-2015, 11:30 AM

I remember being at Kempton races a few years back where the favourites won the first 5 races on the card, several bookies onsite ran out of cash and had to call for the betting ring manager to being them more. The fav bolted up in the 6th as well and same thing happened. A few couldn't pay out and were advising those with winning slips to claim through the address on the back of the slip.

I've even seem bookies shops struggle to pay out decent winners on busy Saturdays and asking people to come back the next day.

Fair point but surely a bookie must no the level of risk they are facing and have the resources to cover it. 56/1 JC and 2-1 is great bet. Well done to all who filled their boots

mim
02-11-2015, 12:28 PM
I had a decent bet with Ladbrokes online on Hibs, Everton and Southampton. The treble was 8/1.
Dived back to Tamsons at the end of the game to watch Everton and found myself standing next to another Hibby who had struck the same bet.

Happy days when Southampton did the business later on.

#FromTheCapital
02-11-2015, 12:34 PM
I had a decent bet with Ladbrokes online on Hibs, Everton and Southampton. The treble was 8/1.
Dived back to Tamsons at the end of the game to watch Everton and found myself standing next to another Hibby who had struck the same bet.

Happy days when Southampton did the business later on.

Had that bet as well! Also won another as I had hibs and Everton score and win.

AngusHibby
02-11-2015, 07:09 PM
Marathons bookie stands couldnt pay out to everyone yesterday. Huge queue after the game, apparently the ran out of money as they had numerous large bets from people.

I had a cheeky pound on Cummings 2-1, guy in front of me in Stadium had same bet with a £5 on it. Odds were 56/1! Thought the 3/1 bet for a Hibs win and 6/1 bet for Hibs win with Cummings to score was good value, seems like everyone lumped on!

Now have to wait till Wednesday night (or reg online and wait a week) for payout. PETRIE! :wink:

Looks like you're famous... http://lothianbuses.letsjoin.com/app.html#!/news/news/2559/hibs-win-sees-bookie-run-out-of-money

itslegaltender
02-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Looks like you're famous... http://lothianbuses.letsjoin.com/app.html#!/news/news/2559/hibs-win-sees-bookie-run-out-of-money

wtf is that site? haha

AngusHibby
03-11-2015, 09:49 AM
wtf is that site? haha

They do the wifi on Lothian buses, seem to have their own content

Sergey
03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Didn't the on-site bookies use to close just before kick-off and you had to either collect from a shop or at the next home match?

I'm certain I was at a ground where Ladbrokes were on-site and I had to collect my winnings from a shop the next day.

Dav1986
03-11-2015, 11:39 AM
Didn't the on-site bookies use to close just before kick-off and you had to either collect from a shop or at the next home match?

I'm certain I was at a ground where Ladbrokes were on-site and I had to collect my winnings from a shop the next day.

I dint think you could collect from those ones. I had to collect from a shop the next day once it had all been processed apparently after the game where Griffiths scored direct from the corner. I had him FGS and hibs 2-1 at 28/1 that day.

Mind Doyle scoring a 3rd that got disallowed and I swear I was the only one around me happy at it 😂

lord bunberry
03-11-2015, 11:46 AM

You're right, but it's now Marathon bet and as they don't have any shops they have to pay out after the game.

WeeRussell
03-11-2015, 01:14 PM
I'd see it the other way.
So many people I know took Hibs.

A lot of people you know will be Hibbies though, right?

steakbake
03-11-2015, 01:35 PM
A lot of people you know will be Hibbies though, right?

Yes, but still... if the odds being reported are correct - 56/1 for our top scorer to score first and for Hibs to win 2-1 against a team we are second to in the league... at home? Foolish odds by the bookies but great if you took them up on it!

CL0762
03-11-2015, 02:06 PM
I know a few who backed Cummings first goal & 2-1 with a tenner on Sunday.

Myself I took Cummings first goal & Hibs win at 12/1 through Bet365 with £20 on. Happy days.

Edit - ridiculous spelling

Killiehibbie
03-11-2015, 05:42 PM

I've even seem bookies shops struggle to pay out decent winners on busy Saturdays and asking people to come back the next day.I've watched bookies taking bets on the next race to pay the winners of the last race always good to see them getting beat. I wonder how much Coral took before cutting their 5/1 on us to win on Sunday?

lucky
03-11-2015, 05:58 PM
Just read in the news marthon bet lost £32k in ground. That's a fair few Hibs fans that must be quids in