PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

SteveHFC
01-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Time to get ****ing rid of this. What a joke of a programme.

Paisley Hibby
01-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Billy Dods; what a fud. That is all.

SaulGoodman
20 minutes Celtic highlights and then blast through the rest of the games.

O'Rourke3
Billy Dodds..... fudd

Sent via the bushes @ EM

marinello59
01-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Waghorn? Not worth highlighting.
Tossers.

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Couldnae resist a wee "can hibs hold onto Cummings" comment...fuds

Ryan91
01-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Waghorn? Not worth highlighting.
Tossers.

Interesting that their replay of the incident neglects to show the initial shove on Fyvie by Waghorn, making it seem like Fyvie started it, also cut away just as Halliday raised his hands to Bartley's face.

marinello59
01-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Interesting that their replay of the incident neglects to show the initial shove on Fyvie by Waghorn, making it seem like Fyvie started it, also cut away just as Halliday raised his hands to Bartley's face.

As I said. Tossers.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 11:05 PM
As I said. Tossers.

Yup.

To not even mention the Waghorn incident in, what's supposed to be, a highlights programme is shocking.

Get rid of this programme, it's honking.

AlbertK86
01-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Yup. To not even mention the Waghorn incident in, what's supposed to be, a highlights programme is shocking. Get rid of this programme, it's honking.

Just emailed the SFA compliance officer.

Sportscene is a joke but hey we knew that already

greenpaper55
01-11-2015, 11:15 PM
That is the first time i have watched sportcene this season and it is even worse than before !, it's time the BBC were given the boot as the coverage is so biased it's not true, the usual old firm highlights followed by the rest of the games which look like they were filmed on an iPhone ! an absolute joke.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Just emailed the SFA compliance officer.

Sportscene is a joke but hey we knew that already

Don't hold your breath.

WeeRussell
01-11-2015, 11:20 PM
What was the Waghorn incident everyone is referring to?

I don't recall it :confused:

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 11:23 PM
What was the Waghorn incident everyone is referring to?

I don't recall it :confused:

After the tackle from Fyvie on some random hun near the end of the match, Waghorn ran up to Fyvie and shoved him in the chest and Fyvie then shoved him back. Other players then got involved for a few seconds before it all calmed down again.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Billy Dodds is pure honking

Col2
01-11-2015, 11:29 PM
BBC outdid themselves today.

Walking down steps on way out of stadium thought I would listen in online to Sportsound and after 2 mins of post match analysis (no more) they said they had to hurry to the rugby but would have more post match reaction later.

Downloaded podcast and its 6 mins of Stubbs and Loser Warburton and nothing else.

Now we have a couple mins analysis with Cummings being linked to other clubs and Billy 'EBT tax avoidance - I just got ma wages each week governor' Dodds saying that the Huns squad is too strong and we are looking good for playoffs and might go up through this route.

Aye right Billy. This will be the squad most neutral observers recognise that Hibs have strength in debth while the Huns are 2-3 key players being injured and screwed.

They never fail to disappoint.

WeeRussell
01-11-2015, 11:30 PM
After the tackle from Fyvie on some random hun near the end of the match, Waghorn ran up to Fyvie and shoved him in the chest and Fyvie then shoved him back. Other players then got involved for a few seconds before it all calmed down again.

Ah right cheers :aok:

My mistake, I thought you were referring to a separate incident (not just that they failed to show the full story).

Brunswickbill
02-11-2015, 12:00 AM
Dodds is asked who's going to win the Championship. He says "Rangers, with what they have at their disposal, budget, size of squad." Never mind arguing over strength of squad, a look at the teams shows Sevco with a first team squad of 23 and Hibs with a squad of 25. And Rangers budget; has he read the statement Sevco issued on Friday evening? How on earth can he be so ignorant of the facts?

Onion
02-11-2015, 06:24 AM
Had the misfortune to catch this program last night. The post-production commentary managed to pick out every single detail except Waghorn's assault that caused the fracas at the end. Not a mention in the studio, but hey apparently there's lots of interest down south in Jason Cummings :confused:

Pathetic excuse for a TV show.

hibsbollah
02-11-2015, 06:53 AM
It's 'interesting' that in the melee at the end they opted to edit it in such a way that it appears like Fyvie started the whole thing, rather than the Rangers boy running over from nowhere to barge him in the chest. It can't have been accidental either, much harder to edit it that way than the other way round.

They don't even pretend to hide their bias anymore.

Hiber-nation
02-11-2015, 07:01 AM
Just to prove that the whole of the media aren't against us, I flicked through the game on Sky and Neil McCann and Michael O'Neill were full of praise for Hibs afterwards.

And I think it's the Motherwell and St Johnstone fans that should be complaining about Sportscene, not us. At least we got decent highlights, albeit slightly blue tinted.

greenlex
02-11-2015, 07:45 AM
I'm fine with all of this. Even after yesterday we are still under the radar. :agree:

CorrieHibs
02-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Just to prove that the whole of the media aren't against us, I flicked through the game on Sky and Neil McCann and Michael O'Neill were full of praise for Hibs afterwards.

And I think it's the Motherwell and St Johnstone fans that should be complaining about Sportscene, not us. At least we got decent highlights, albeit slightly blue tinted.

You obviously didn't see the start of the show?
It was like Rangers tv. 5 mins of talking about Hibs. The start of the programme was all Rangers, goals and how good they are. Then it was interviews with Wallace and travinier. Must of spoken about them for 20mins.

Tbf Michael O'neil was praising Hibs from the start. Saying we look better without Allan.

Oscar T Grouch
02-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Kinda glad I fell into a good happy sleep last night way before this rubbish came on! I feel brilliant this morning but I wish I was still at my old work where there was loads of huns, it would have been a good Monday morning!!

Pretty Boy
02-11-2015, 08:08 AM
It's total amateur hour.

Stats for a completely random game (Hamilton v St Johnstone?) on screen after the Hearts highlights

Scott MacDonald telling everyone that Considine gives the Aberdeen defence 'solidarity'

The Poundland halloween theme.

It's pitiful. Either revamp it totally; new presenter, decent pundits who might say something interesting rather than current players and coaches terrified to say anything controversial, more balanced highlights of games rather than half a programme about Celtic then 50 seconds of goals for everyone else..... Either that or put the whole sorry show out it's misery.

Hiber-nation
02-11-2015, 08:45 AM
You obviously didn't see the start of the show?
It was like Rangers tv. 5 mins of talking about Hibs. The start of the programme was all Rangers, goals and how good they are. Then it was interviews with Wallace and travinier. Must of spoken about them for 20mins.

Tbf Michael O'neil was praising Hibs from the start. Saying we look better without Allan.

Nah, only watched the post match stuff.

GreenOnions
02-11-2015, 08:57 AM
In actual fact I think it will be good for us to have the media continue to focus on The Rangers and slaver on about how good they are. The longer we can remain "under the radar" the better IMO. Equally - I agree with the poster on another thread who is happy about Warburton thinking that they deserved more from the game yesterday. If he doesn't see the whole picture then surely that's also good for us? Surely he ought to be thinking about why they had so much possession around the half-way line but couldn't get beyond that most of the time and why they conceded more opportunities to us than they created themselves (see the match stats) despite all their magnificent (well contained) possession.

Having said that it has to be said the highlights last night were so "blue-tinted" as to be almost hilarious. To watch the highlights you'd think that the game was all pressure from The Rangers with loads of chances for them and far fewer for us. They showed every single attempt at goal The Rangers had. They only showed our two goals plus McGinn free kick and Cummings through one on one. :rolleyes:

xyz23jc
02-11-2015, 09:18 AM
I'm fine with all of this. Even after yesterday we are still under the radar. :agree:

My thoughts exactly, and just think of the pleasure of a big GIRFUY :giruy2::greengrin

xyz23jc
02-11-2015, 09:19 AM
It's total amateur hour.

Stats for a completely random game (Hamilton v St Johnstone?) on screen after the Hearts highlights

Scott MacDonald telling everyone that Considine gives the Aberdeen defence 'solidarity'

It's pitiful. Either revamp it totally; new presenter, decent pundits who might say something interesting rather than current players and coaches terrified to say anything controversial, more balanced highlights of games rather than half a programme about Celtic then 50 seconds of goals for everyone else..... Either that or put the whole sorry show out it's misery.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gifhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gifUtterly ridiculous!

Geo_1875
02-11-2015, 09:46 AM
It's total amateur hour.

I notice they weren't brave enough to show a tombstone with the RFC badge or anything that looked even slightly like a zombie.

Carheenlea
02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
It's probably time now to put this tired old show out of it's misery. Stick extended highlights up online and that would be better than what we have now. Most of us have a reasonable grasp of the game to watch and take in without an ex player or journalist telling us what we have just witnessed.

brog
02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
I haven't seen last night's yet, I don't get BBC2 Scotland in Engerlund, but last week's was a classic. When the badges, teams etc came up at the start of the Celtc-Dundee Utd game they still showed Jackie Mac as manager despite much of the report dealing with Mixu's outrage at the performance. Calling this show amateurish is an insult to amateurs.

HibbySpurs
02-11-2015, 10:18 AM
Didn't see Sportscene last night but I can surmise from this thread that it was up to it's usual standard...

**** em, let them squirm, they would have been all keyed up for a near title celebration party last night "over before Guy Fawkes etc." only to find it's very much game on and their beloved Sevco are now in a real fight....

On a side note I wasn't at ER yesterday & watched on SS3, Ian Crocker was really getting on my nerves I have to say.

dalkeith stu
02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Not a word on how soft both hearts penalties were. Shock horror!!!

KeithTheHibby
02-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Didn't show you John McGinns shot in the second half either. Amateur hour.

brog
02-11-2015, 06:57 PM
BBC Scotland news just had a positive piece re Hibs featuring Michael O'Neill & Davie Farrell! Wow!

Onion
02-11-2015, 07:02 PM
BBC Scotland news just had a positive piece re Hibs featuring Michael O'Neill & Davie Farrell! Wow!

Only after 24 hours of southing the pain of their Hun paymasters. BBC are pathetic.

The Green Goblin
02-11-2015, 07:06 PM
I haven't seen last night's yet, I don't get BBC2 Scotland in Engerlund, but last week's was a classic. When the badges, teams etc came up at the start of the Celtc-Dundee Utd game they still showed Jackie Mac as manager despite much of the report dealing with Mixu's outrage at the performance. Calling this show amateurish is an insult to amateurs.

I spotted that too and actually physically cringed when I saw it. :greengrin