PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson

Onion
01-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Not one of his biggest fans, but full marks to Lewis Stevenson today for the way he handled Tavernier. Sevco's right back is arguably the Champ player of the season so far and been a regular match winner for the Huns. Stevenson had him in his back pocket all day - well done son.

SlickShoes
01-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Lucky to get away with the penalty incident early on but after that he was completely solid, excellent performance.

hibee_girl
01-11-2015, 06:56 PM
He was brilliant today

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Had "the blue cafu" in his back pocket all game.

Ricky Bobby
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Mr consistancy, tough job today against arguably the leagues best player. Kept him quiet pretty much all day.
Left back has for a long time been a difficult position for us to fill and it says a lot that when folks are discussing problem areas for us that left back is rarely mentioned.

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Deserves a thread of his own...the wee man was immense today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

matty_f
01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Lucky to get away with the penalty incident early on but after that he was completely solid, excellent performance.

Was never a penalty, Imho. Watched it a few times and the only contact is the The Rangers player running into Stevenson/the players coming together.

Lewis goes to put a tackle in, but pulls back before any contact is made.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Was never a penalty, Imho. Watched it a few times and the only contact is the The Rangers player running into Stevenson/the players coming together.

:agree:

Thought the wee man was excellent today but it was, after all, only The Rangers, a Championship side :wink:

chinaman
01-11-2015, 07:08 PM
I love the man's heart...
you are a true HIBERNIAN SON
and your class ..long may you wear our precious colours

tomhorn
01-11-2015, 07:14 PM
I love the man's heart...
you are a true HIBERNIAN SON
and your class ..long may you wear our precious colours

Has to be the fittest and most hard working player we have had.

Northernhibee
01-11-2015, 07:16 PM
Not one of his biggest fans, but full marks to Lewis Stevenson today for the way he handled Tavernier. Sevco's right back is arguably the Champ player of the season so far and been a regular match winner for the Huns. Stevenson had him in his back pocket all day - well done son.

Agreed, though I reckon our Jase is Champ player of the season so far :thumbsup:

gaz1875
01-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Lewis Stevenson today :top marks

hibee_girl
01-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Just watching the game again and it's definitely not a penalty, despite Andy Walker saying about 10 times that it was!

Silky
01-11-2015, 07:33 PM

Just watching the game again and it's definitely not a penalty, despite Andy Walker saying about 10 times that it was!

Andy Walker is a first class knob. I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 07:34 PM
He played well but aside from that he looked like he wanted it just that bit more than many Rangers players, as did most Hibs players.

Superb.

Wilson
01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Andy Walker is a first class knob. I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

I don't like Walker or agree with much of what he says. In these situations though I think he takes the strikers side more often than not. Old habits.

Not a penalty for me though.

B.H.F.C
01-11-2015, 08:30 PM
He's been superb in the last weeks. Goal saving tackles at Falkirk and Raith and handled Tavernier really well today.

He just defended today, which has never been a problem to him.

lucky
01-11-2015, 08:33 PM
He was outstanding today

BSEJVT
01-11-2015, 08:40 PM

Agree entirely

The boy was on the way down before the minimal contact even arrived

jdships
01-11-2015, 08:50 PM
" Ten years and counting " he has been at the club and for every one of those years he has given HIS ALL for HFC
No histrionics , toys out the pram , just a hardworking model professional .
Thank you for these ten years and hope he is with us for many more :hibees
I have only spoken to him a couple of times over the years and he has , on both occasions, taken time to have a wee chat and a laugh

WHEN WILL WE SEE YOUR LIKES AGAIN ?

wookie70
01-11-2015, 08:55 PM
I thought Lewis had a poor start to the season given his high standards. However, he has been excellent in the last few weeks and did a great job working with McGinn to all but seal up the Hib's left today.

EH6 Hibby
01-11-2015, 09:29 PM
I didn't think it was a penalty either and I couldn't understand why everyone else was saying it it was. Lewis tried to clear the ball and the The Rangers player ran onto his leg. Glad to see others agree with me.

leithsansiro
01-11-2015, 10:39 PM

Surely Andy Walker saying that it was merely confirms it isn't. If Andy Walker said the night sky was black, I'd still need to look out my curtains to check