PDA

View Full Version : Easter road incident.

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 07:17 PM
I know a thread was stated earlier and deleted m, and now the record have decided to put out an inaccurate story so I wanted to put the right version on here to see. I'm sure there was plenty witnesses anyway that can back me up.

On the following link, there is a video of me and a guy standing in front of a Rangers supporters mini bus - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-watch-footage-fans-clash-6747713

At around 12.15, me, my 10 year old son, my dad and a couple of friends were walking up Easter road, chatting on the way to the game. Suddenly, a minibus pulled up alongside us, the door opened and a guy spat out of the bus. It landed on my son. I didn't realise at first and walked to near the corner of Albion Road, but then my lad told me what happened. I walked out onto the road as the lights were at red. There was already a few Hibs fans in front of the bus as they had seen what happened. I looked around for some police but amazingly there was none to be seen. I went to the front of the bus and stood in front of it as my dad ran up the road to inform a police van. I tried shouting through the glass to the driver to stop as the police were coming and he decided to accelerate so we had no choice but to move out of the way. By this point my dad had alerted the police van near the Hibs club and it appeared like they pulled them over. I left it at this point and then contacted police Scotland once home with my complaint. It now seems the above video has been shared on several Rangers FB pages, claiming that the bus was attacked. I'm raging. I don't agree with the bottle being chucked but the boys on the bus were disgusting. Smashing their drink bottles off the window, chucking them when the door got opened, and obviously the spitting. Not to mention the driver who opened the door and chose to accelerate. Police Scotland are now looking at cctv and are coming to see me this evening. They can do what they want to me, which would be bad enough, but to a child, disgusting. And the fact they and the daily record are now trying to use a 20 second video to claim the exact opposite - shocking.

DaveF
01-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Keep us informed of what goes on. You have support of us on here and hope your boy is OK.

Argylehibby
01-11-2015, 07:22 PM
I know a thread was stated earlier and deleted m, and now the record have decided to put out an inaccurate story so I wanted to put the right version on here to see. I'm sure there was plenty witnesses anyway that can back me up.

On the following link, there is a video of me and a guy standing in front of a Rangers supporters mini bus - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-watch-footage-fans-clash-6747713

At around 12.15, me, my 10 year old son, my dad and a couple of friends were walking up Easter road, chatting on the way to the game. Suddenly, a minibus pulled up alongside us, the door opened and a guy spat out of the bus. It landed on my son. I didn't realise at first and walked to near the corner of Albion Road, but then my lad told me what happened. I walked out onto the road as the lights were at red. There was already a few Hibs fans in front of the bus as they had seen what happened. I looked around for some police but amazingly there was none to be seen. I went to the front of the bus and stood in front of it as my dad ran up the road to inform a police van. I tried shouting through the glass to the driver to stop as the police were coming and he decided to accelerate so we had no choice but to move out of the way. By this point my dad had alerted the police van near the Hibs club and it appeared like they pulled them over. I left it at this point and then contacted police Scotland once home with my complaint. It now seems the above video has been shared on several Rangers FB pages, claiming that the bus was attacked. I'm raging. I don't agree with the bottle being chucked but the boys on the bus were disgusting. Smashing their drink bottles off the window, chucking them when the door got opened, and obviously the spitting. Not to mention the driver who opened the door and chose to accelerate. Police Scotland are now looking at cctv and are coming to see me this evening. They can do what they want to me, which would be bad enough, but to a child, disgusting. And the fact they and the daily record are now trying to use a 20 second video to claim the exact opposite - shocking.

Have you been in touch with the Daily ****** to explain what happened. If the police are investigating this then they will surely have to remove the video but I would suggest getting in touch with them and asking them to retract their story or put the other side of it up there too.

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Have you been in touch with the Daily ****** to explain what happened. If the police are investigating this then they will surely have to remove the video but I would suggest getting in touch with them and asking them to retract their story or put the other side of it up there too.

I have commented on the video asking them to contact me for the correct story

Libby Hibby
01-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Hope it all gets sorted out Callum...one question, why at a Cat A game, is an away supporters bus allowed to drive through where the majority of the home fans are walking? They should be segregated and directed to an away bus park like we have to do at Tynie and through West.

Disgusting. Your laddy had the last laugh though.

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Hope it all gets sorted out Callum...one question, why at a Cat A game, is an away supporters bus allowed to drive through where the majority of the home fans are coming through? They should be segregated and directed to an away bus park like we have to do at Tynie and through West.

GGTTH

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/45ee9cd952f6ba8ac39f9ac126649aed.jpg

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 07:24 PM

Threaten legal action they will kak their pants.

erin go bragh
01-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Shocking . I also seen this on my FB news feed . Could I copy and paste ( without your name ) if not it cool but would like the real story to be told .

GGTTH

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Shocking . I also seen this on my FB news feed . Could I copy and paste ( without your name ) if not it cool but would like the real story to be told .

GGTTH

Yes feel free mate

Borderhibbie76
01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Shocking but not at all surprising Callum. .make sure you give it tight to Daily Ranger and keep us posted mate

hibee_girl
01-11-2015, 07:27 PM
Keep us informed of what goes on. You have support of us on here and hope your boy is OK.

:agree:

Keep us updated

brog
01-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Good for you posting this on here. Social media has a lot to answer for IMO but it certainly shines a light into areas that would normally be buried away. Good to see the DR thinks its after the game! Accurate as ever,
Good luck!

Kojock
01-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Threaten legal action they will kak their pants.

Unfortunately because two items were thrown at the bus it could be construed that the bus was attacked.

Pete
01-11-2015, 07:30 PM

Good luck mate.

Looks like "social media" has already jumped to conclusions. **** them.

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 07:30 PM

Good lad :aok:

Vile creatures but sadly, not surprising.

SeanWilson
01-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Wow. I commend you for making the game. Not sure I could have let someone spitting on my lads go.....vermin. I hope you get justice.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2015, 07:32 PM
This is disgraceful. ****** vermin!

You did well to stop the van, these ****bags need pulling up and their day in court.

J

Jones28
01-11-2015, 07:35 PM
Unbelievable, but also perfectly believable that it has been published by that mob. Let us know how it goes with Police Scotland :aok:

Argylehibby
01-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Good for you posting this on here. Social media has a lot to answer for IMO but it certainly shines a light into areas that would normally be buried away. Good to see the DR thinks its after the game! Accurate as ever,
Good luck!

The DR put out an unsubstantiated report condemning Hibs fans and cover their backsides by saying "appear to" in the headline. I wonder how long it will take them to retract the story given they now have the first real account of the incident. I can't see the report changing to "Hibs fan attempts to stop Rangers hooligans escaping after spitting on young boy but driver fails to stop" any time soon unfortunately.

Pete
01-11-2015, 07:36 PM
This is disgraceful. ****** vermin!

You did well to stop the van, these ****bags need pulling up and their day in court.

J

They boys stopping the bus had witnessed an assault and were trying to ensure the police arrested a suspect.

They did nothing wrong and I hope there is a clear distinction made between them and the idiot who threw a bottle.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Looks like the Daily R has jumped the gun and reported it before any one else could.... Even without all the facts.

Does it actually surprise you though!

erin go bragh
01-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Yes feel free mate

That's the truth posted mate . Dirty bar stewards . Hope your ladies ok .

GGTTH

mentalhibee
Unfortunately because two items were thrown at the bus it could be construed that the bus was attacked.

One of the items is a buckfast bottle thrown out the drivers window!

Dibben
I've tried to set the record straight on a post on my fb stream!

DH1875
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Looks like the Daily R has jumped the gun and reported it before any one else could.... Even without all the facts.

The are also saying it happened after the game :confused:.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 07:40 PM
Disgusting neanderthals.

Nothing surprises me at all at the behaviour of these people.

They behaved similarly last season before the play off match at Ibrox when a group of them tried to get onto a Hibs supporters' bus and started banging on it and spitting at the windows.

They're from a different sub-species.

Hope you got a note of the number plate of the bus.

SeanWilson
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM

Wow. I commend you for making the game. Not sure I could have let someone spitting on my lads go.....vermin. I hope you get justice.

GreenLake
01-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Looks like the driver is trying to assault you with a deadly weapon.

3pm
01-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Can a bus driver proceed like that regardless?! :confused:

hibsbollah
01-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Never let them stop you taking your laddie to the game. You've got everyone's support on here. Have you thought about contacting the club so they know the truth in case they are asked to comment?

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 07:46 PM
I would report the driver btw. He's driving into you and if you had slipped things could have gone very bad.

matty_f
01-11-2015, 07:49 PM
I would report the driver btw. He's driving into you and if you had slipped things could have gone very bad.

:agree: deliberately driving into someone is criminal.

My_Wife_Camille
01-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Well done for standing strong Callum.

This rabble of spume never learn that they can't and never will come to Leith and act like they are in their own Glaswegian pig pen.

brog
01-11-2015, 07:50 PM

if they identify the bus/driver they'll be in serious trouble for allowing drink on the bus. I totally agree your point but that will be tougher to prove.

Weststandwanab

If you want to sue.....

The Daily ****** jumping a ........ never whatever next Labour voting to ditch Trident !

Thecat23
if they identify the bus/driver they'll be in serious trouble for allowing drink on the bus. I totally agree your point but that will be tougher to prove.

Right enough I forgot about no drinking on the bus as well.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2015, 07:53 PM

They boys stopping the bus had witnessed an assault and were trying to ensure the police arrested a suspect.

They did nothing wrong and I hope there is a clear distinction made between them and the idiot who threw a bottle.

Absolutely mate, however I can totally understand why someone who witnessed a 10 year old being assaulted tried to get some payback.

J

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-11-2015, 07:53 PM
Hope the truth comes out. Too many folk will jump to the wrong conclusion watching that video. They're calling Hibs fans **** yet they're the ones spitting on kids.

bathhibby
01-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Not surprised - we all know they are **** but hey why did the Police allow them to drive up Easter Road FFS

NORTHERNHIBBY
It's all there for the polis to take apart and follow up. Hopefully better than the Daily Ranger, who have follow followed.

Aldo

Driver will be lucky to escape 'Scot Free' sort to speak and will hopefully get done for drink being allowed on bus.

Best course I would suspect could be Potentially culpable and reckless conduct by not stopping.

At the end of the day he could of easily called the police however his actions show that he is well aware of what has taken place and is hoping that by driving off things go away!

Hibs Class

Ha. Your laddie must have been in shock, I was stood behind you when you were setting him up for this pic, you must have asked him about a dozen times before he got the 2-1! :greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] he was delirious at this point

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Driver will be lucky to escape 'Scot Free' sort to speak and will hopefully get done for drink being allowed on bus.

Best course I would suspect could be Potentially culpable and reckless conduct by not stopping.

At the end of the day he could of easily called the police however his actions show that he is well aware of what has taken place and is hoping that by driving off things go away!

Have part of the number plate so hopefully that helps

Aldo
01-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Not surprised - we all know they are **** but hey why did the Police allow them to drive up Easter Road FFS

Why would the Police stop them! ER is very rarely closed (if not at all) for a game.

O'Rourke3
01-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Pretty low behaviour. I came out Edina St onto ER about that time and the police were chasing a gang of them and were pretty serious as the batons were out. Wondered why they'd got that far. If your incident was at Albion Place then that may account for a lack of polis. Gladvthgevladdie had a great day in the end.

Hannah_hfc
01-11-2015, 07:59 PM

I must have been walking a few folk in front of you because I saw the door of the bus open and turned to walk on thinking their fans would run off the bus and all hell would break loose. Had no idea that had happened to your son, absolutely disgusting thing to happen and even worse of the DR jumping on the social media bandwagon and reporting something completely false.

Bunch of vermin and I hope the police act accordingly (though wishing anything of our police force is a long shot)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
01-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Shared on facebook pal

scuttle
01-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Typical of that mob, despicable to spit on a wee laddie and i bet they go unpunished for singing their full repertoire of lovely songs today

Billy McKirdy
01-11-2015, 08:02 PM

I'm a bus driver and I can confirm that the Traffic Commissioner would view this drivers actions in an extremely dim light, his licence could be revoked.

SeanWilson
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM
All over Facebook as us being hooligans. FFS.

bingo70
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM
I'm a bus driver and I can confirm that the Traffic Commissioner would view this drivers actions in an extremely dim light, his licence could be revoked.

I'm sure he'll claim to be scared for the safety of himself and his passengers, will that not be sufficient grounds for what he did?

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Any CCTV likely? Bloody cameras are everywhere else these days

EastCalderHibby
01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Typical of that mob, despicable to spit on a wee laddie and i bet they go unpunished for singing their full repertoire of lovely songs today

**** of the earth

stoneyburn hibs
01-11-2015, 08:11 PM
You and your laddie got the last laugh Callum. Hope it's not put the wee man off.

They really are nothing but pond life. A group of them were lobbing traffic cones and bottles at the halftime smokers outside the West.

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 08:11 PM
I saw this on the way to the game and clearly saw an individual on the bus 'started it'. If you need any support let me know.

They were the same post game. Shouting abuse, throwing bottles and generally being the hard **** in numberd without a polis to be seen. Absolute **** of the earth.

Hannah_hfc
01-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Maybe worth appealing to see if anyone caught the incident on their phone, I recall seeing a few folk with their phones out! Hopefully someone has

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Sergey
01-11-2015, 08:13 PM

That's assuming he had a valid PCV licence (if that's the correct acronym), as surely allowing alcohol onto the bus would render him guilty of an offence?

Mark79
01-11-2015, 08:15 PM
What annoys me about this is the clown journalist who whacks this on the daily record site based on some zombies Facebook.

Never a mention of them spitting at away fans at ibrox every time you go is there?

Poor wee sevco.

Billy McKirdy
01-11-2015, 08:20 PM
I'm sure he'll claim to be scared for the safety of himself and his passengers, will that not be sufficient grounds for what he did?

No, he's in charge of a vehicle as a professional driver, using the bus to force through 1 person let alone a crowd of people is extremely dangerous so in that light he's in deep ****.

dave62
01-11-2015, 08:22 PM
What a dreadful thing to happen and I really feel for the you and your laddie.

It's just typical of Rangers fans, who've laid waste to most of the towns in Scotland over the years to run to the court of social media when someone gives it back to them; bullies who are just cowards at heart. Anyway hope the police can see who the real villains of this piece are and they are treated accordingly.

As for the Record, well I expect them to behave like a third rate Rangers fanzine, particularly after today's result, but to just put that "story" on their website with no attempt to find out the other side and to use Rangers Talk (@GersFollowBack1) as a reliable source simply beggars belief. What I will hope will happen is that any Hibs fan on here reading this who still buys the Record will stop - don't buy the paper that attacks our fans.

Anyway, you and your son have had the last laugh what with today's result, but that's not really the point. A man should be able to take his son to the football without being assaulted. As long as you know that we're all behind you. #GGTTH

Billy McKirdy
01-11-2015, 08:23 PM

That's assuming he had a valid PCV licence (if that's the correct acronym), as surely allowing alcohol onto the bus would render him guilty of an offence?

I think that's the least of his worries once the traffic commissioner gets to see this footage.

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 08:27 PM

It's just typical of Rangers fans, who've laid waste to most of the towns in Scotland over the years to run to the court of social media when someone gives it back to them; bullies who are just cowards at heart. Anyway hope the police can see who the real villains of this piece are and they are treated accordingly.

As for the Record, well I expect them to behave like a third rate Rangers fanzine, particularly after today's result, but to just put that "story" on their website with no attempt to find out the other side and to use Rangers Talk (@GersFollowBack1) as a reliable source simply beggars belief. What I will hope will happen is that any Hibs fan on here reading this who still buys the Record will stop - don't buy the paper that attacks our fans.

Anyway, you and your son have had the last laugh what with today's result, but that's not really the point. A man should be able to take his son to the football without being assaulted. As long as you know that we're all behind you. #GGTTH

Well said :top marks

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 08:29 PM

Well said.

Bullies who had the run of Scotland for too long thanks to their superior numbers. **** them.

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 08:32 PM

Good hope he does!

Argylehibby
01-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Well said.

Bullies who had the run of Scotland for too long thanks to their superior numbers. **** them.

Contact details below for the website editor should you want to get in touch with them Calum and get the story removed.

webeditor@dailyrecord.co.uk

Fergos
01-11-2015, 08:36 PM

Brilliant.

All the best pal, hope all turns out good.

GGTTH

Stantons Angel
01-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Hope it all gets sorted out Callum...one question, why at a Cat A game, is an away supporters bus allowed to drive through where the majority of the home fans are walking? They should be segregated and directed to an away bus park like we have to do at Tynie and through West.

GGTTH

On the way down to the game on the bus i noticed a few mini buses parked on London road and wondered why they were aIIowed to park there as they are usualIy up on Regent Road further away from the ground,

You are quite right to have intervened after them spitting on your boy, i wouId have done the same if it had been my son,

I said after the debacle at Ibrox first game of the season that i never missed them being in the premier League, as their supporters are the **** of the earth

The DR seems to have taken this from a facebook posting without checking the details, after Iast week when Hearts supporters attacked a Ross County bus we wiII aII be getting tarred with the same brush now!

I hope you get a fair hearing from the poIice too, maybe advising the cIub of the true story wouId heIp aIso as if the DR do not retract their post the ciub may be Iooking to punish you in this disgusting event

just a thought, as you reaIIy dont know what is being done here!

Nameless
01-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Time for hibs to stand next to the fans and tell that vile rag to bolt. Maybe next time the huns come to Leith, they wouldn't find it such a jolly experience.

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
The witch hunt has begun.

And apparently it's not me in the green jacket because I have a bald patch and look heavier [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/e7b55c510db028af037f158f5647ed6c.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/fdb8ec0aa861cc9007c2f4df4d8edb02.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/d396c21d92106e79a6a0435727c208ca.jpg

lucky
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
I saw the incident bar the spitting. Hibs fans were baying for blood. Several bottles and glasses bounced of the bus. Hibs fans even pulled the window wipers off the bus. Several Rangers fans on the bus were giving it large. One or two were screaming at the driver to drive over Hibs fans.

Mon Dieu4
01-11-2015, 08:48 PM

And apparently it's not me in the green jacket because I have a bald patch and look heavier [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hmm not sure who I believe, you or a fine upstanding pillar of the community with a twitter name with king Billy 1690 in it

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Good for you Callum - must've taken a lot of baws to stand in front of the bus.

If the driver felt he was in danger he'd be allowed to "escape" though? No excuse for those on the bus but wouldn't want a boy to lose his livelihood.

hibsbollah
01-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Good for you Callum - must've taken a lot of baws to stand in front of the bus.

If the driver felt he was in danger he'd be allowed to "escape" though? No excuse for those on the bus but wouldn't want a boy to lose his livelihood.

If he likes his 'livelihood' he shouldn't be driving directly at pedestrians.

Jay
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
As an aside, your looking great these days Callum, hard work pays off eh? :)

Today's news will be tomorrow's chip paper, don't let them stress you too much. I'd not even respond to them, let the paper know and push for the police deal with it. Disgusting behaviour by them but they will never believe it or allow others to believe it.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
The witch hunt has begun. And apparently it's not me in the green jacket because I have a bald patch and look heavier [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Let them hunt C. Now is not the time to get involved in a slagging match especially over Social Media.

Can guarantee they will call the police at the slightest hint of anger or abuse and you'll end up getting done.

I would of done the same thing if someone had done that to my kid but they will now look for a reaction from you to make you appear the bad one.

Best way to respond is not to respond. Defo take it up with the DR though and ask for their explanation

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 08:54 PM
I should be a secret agent [emoji23][emoji23]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/5ec8dcbb05b97945785621cdbfaf12f9.jpg

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 08:56 PM

I've thrown myself into this argument as well now. Boys a knob!

Greenblood70
01-11-2015, 08:58 PM
Go thru every legal channel available to you, about time this disgusting rag of a Rangers fanzine was brought to justice.

They are a despicable institution, glib and shameless liars. How anyone believes a word that Wegie rag says astounds me.

Bristolhibby
01-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Seriously mate, I wouldn't get involved in Twitter. We all know the truth. If ever there is a multiplying ground for morons, it's Twitter when the Old Firm are involved.

J

oconnors_strip
01-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Get in touch with the club about this Callum as I'm sure leeann will want to know about this and also why lack of police on the busiest corner leading to the stadium.

Maybe get in contact with Gordon smart at the sun so you can have your side of the story told

Onceinawhile
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Why was it coming up Easter Road anyway? Shouldn't have been anywhere near there.

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM

And apparently it's not me in the green jacket because I have a bald patch and look heavier

I would get on to your household insurers tomorrow and see if you have legal cover with them. Get a lawyer to send the DR a 'cease and desist' letter to shut them up :aok:

Yuillsy
01-11-2015, 09:14 PM
I should be a secret agent [emoji23][emoji23]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/01/5ec8dcbb05b97945785621cdbfaf12f9.jpg
There's a guy questioning your parenting skills on another twitter thread, I'll copy you into what I've just read so you can answer him!!

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 09:18 PM
If he likes his 'livelihood' he shouldn't be driving directly at pedestrians.

Never saw it myself but if you're in a vehicle that's being attacked your instinct would be to get out of there.

CentreLine
01-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Make sure you keep the clothing that was spat on just case they continue to denie it

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Never saw it myself but if you're in a vehicle that's being attacked your instinct would be to get out of there.

I suggest you watch it.

MrSmith
01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Maybe a complaint here too:

https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/index.html

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 09:38 PM
I suggest you watch it.

Pretty dangerous. Not sure what I'd do if faced with a situation like that though.

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Pretty dangerous. Not sure what I'd do if faced with a situation like that though.

I'd assume you aren't stupid enough to stop the bus in the first place to allow a fan to spit out the door at opposition fans. Then drive off! Driver should have altered the police if they had nothing to hide. Instead he drives into two supports one clearly saying wait for the police when you watch it.

Hope he gets done! Looks a jake ball as well.

trev the hat
01-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Can anyone screenshot the video & remove the ****** link to deny them PR

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 09:58 PM
I'd assume you aren't stupid enough to stop the bus in the first place to allow a fan to spit out the door at opposition fans. Then drive off! Driver should have altered the police if they had nothing to hide. Instead he drives into two supports one clearly saying wait for the police when you watch it.

You'd be correct to assume that! Did they stop the bus or was the bus stopped at lights when it was done?

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 10:00 PM
You'd be correct to assume that! Did they stop the bus or was the bus stopped at lights when it was done?

Think the police got the bus further up the road. Sure Callum will clear that up.

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the driver maybe did the right thing? Can you imagine what could have happened if he stopped? I would be advising him to keep going and alert the police once safe. I agree he shouldn't have been where he was but we don't know the reason why he ended up there. He may well have been a fud in the way he acted but I'm not convinced he was wrong to keep driving

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 10:12 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the driver maybe did the right thing? Can you imagine what could have happened if he stopped? I would be advising him to keep going and alert the police once safe. I agree he shouldn't have been where he was but we don't know the reason why he ended up there. He may well have been a fud in the way he acted but I'm not convinced he was wrong to keep driving

No you're not the only one.

hibee1875
01-11-2015, 10:13 PM

He was in the wrong to initially allow the bus doors to be opened for someone to spit on a child.

He was also wrong to allow alcohol on his bus which incited this type of behaviour.

He was also wrong to drive into people.

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 10:15 PM

What if he ran over someone? He was 100% wrong to drive on. He's knew there is booze on the bus and he's acted like an idiot to save try save face.

kaimendhibs
Just you!

Torto7062

GGTTH

I came off Facebook months ago but my wife showed
Me the video and I immediately said WTF is the bus
Doing going up E.R I hope the zombies in that bus are
All question about their a actions..and as for the
Bus driver his job should be on the line......

Anyways......2-1 ya

lucky
01-11-2015, 10:16 PM
The bus was stopped, the fans on bus were banging on the Windows running fingers over their throats and challenging Hibs fans to fight. Hibs fans were banging in the Windows and a few bottles and glasses bounced off the bus. A Rangers fan was screaming at the driver to knock the Hibs fans down

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:18 PM
He was in the wrong to initially allow the bus doors to be opened for someone to spit on a child.

He was also wrong to allow alcohol on his bus which incited this type of behaviour.

How did he allow the doors to be opened when he was driving? How could he possibly stop that happening?

I agree with the alcohol bit if there was alcohol on board, wrong to drive into people but if you look at the video he hardly put the foot down. His own safety was at risk by stopping, if a full blown fight had broken out and someone was seriously injured, once he stopped the finger would be pointed at him too.

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:21 PM
No you're not the only one.

Just you!

Hmm :wink:

kaimendhibs
01-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Hmm :wink:

You can't drive a bus at people, what if they slipped! Also, he must have opened the door so the guy could spit. And last but not least, the buckfast bottle flew out HIS window! Why are you defending him?😱

Pete
01-11-2015, 10:25 PM
All of those amateur detectives who think the guy is covering his back and using the timing of this as evidence should realise that he posted about this incident on another forum well before there was a viral video and newspaper article.

hibee1875
01-11-2015, 10:28 PM
You can't drive a bus at people, what if they slipped! Also, he must have opened the door so the guy could spit. And last but not least, the buckfast bottle flew out HIS window! Why are you defending him?😱

The bus driver is in the wrong whether he stops or keeps going. Both decisions would lead to bother.

However, he wouldn't have had to make that decision if he stopped alcohol (buckfast) from being drank on his bus in the first place. Also pretty sure the police would not have directed him up Easter Road. Bus drivers/organisers are given advance notice of what routes to take.

marinello59
01-11-2015, 10:29 PM

Not just you.
His passengers were the problem, not him.

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 10:30 PM
How did he allow the doors to be opened when he was driving? How could he possibly stop that happening?

I agree with the alcohol bit if there was alcohol on board, wrong to drive into people but if you look at the video he hardly put the foot down. His own safety was at risk by stopping, if a full blown fight had broken out and someone was seriously injured, once he stopped the finger would be pointed at him too.

The bus was stopped when the doors opened. And again, he accelerated from a standing start when I was telling him through the window that the police were coming.

DaveF
01-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Not just you.
His passengers were the problem, not him.

I think he must take responsibility for allowing alcohol on the bus (and he would have known) and for being on ER. As previous posters have said, drivers know the routes to take.

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:32 PM

Calm down, I'm just saying I think he did the right thing not stopping. I also think saying he drove a bus at people is a bit dramatic, you could turn that and say why did Callum stand in front of a moving bus? Was it a good idea to try and stop a bus full of opposing fans, vile fans at that? Take the reg number, tell the police, point it out but personally the option to,stand in front of it isn't one I'd take, not only in case I got run over but it's only going to cause more trouble and violence.

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I think he must take responsibility for allowing alcohol on the bus (and he would have known) and for being on ER. As previous posters have said, drivers know the routes to take.

Absolutely Dave, the guys got a lot to answer for but once in the situation do you think he should have stopped?

CallumLaidlaw
01-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Calm down, I'm just saying I think he did the right thing not stopping. I also think saying he drove a bus at people is a bit dramatic, you could turn that and say why did Callum stand in front of a moving bus? Was it a good idea to try and stop a bus full of opposing fans, vile fans at that? Take the reg number, tell the police, point it out but personally the option to,stand in front of it isn't one I'd take, not only in case I got run over but it's only going to cause more trouble and violence.

The bus WASN'T moving when I stepped in front of it. It all happened quickly so if I took the wrong action fair enough. Getting the police there seemed the right idea at the time.

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 10:37 PM
All of those amateur detectives who think the guy is covering his back and using the timing of this as evidence should realise that he posted about this incident on another forum well before there was a viral video and newspaper article.

Apologies if I'm being hard of thinking but I don't get the point you're making...?

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
The bus was stopped when the doors opened. And again, he accelerated from a standing start when I was telling him through the window that the police were coming.

Not having a go at you at all Callum, I'd have lost the plot if someone spat on my child.

I just think (in the calm of day) that stopping the bus would have been madness, there is no way that would have turned out well.

DaveF
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Absolutely Dave, the guys got a lot to answer for but once in the situation do you think he should have stopped?

If he's being told that the Police are coming, maybe he should have? On Easter Road, with a bus full of drunk huns, maybe not? BUT, he put himself in that situation so sympathy is hard to find.

Don't get me wrong, I've been on buses where the driver has been egged on to drive past home fans to illicit a response so I can understand to a degree how he ended up there but he should have used better judgement - It's his job on the line, not the idiots he was carrying.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Quite hard to get folk to not take bevvy on a bus I'd imagine; I've been on supporters buses and folk always try and smuggle it on.

Pete
01-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Apologies if I'm being hard of thinking but I don't get the point you're making...?

People are saying he only posted this after the video and he's doing it to cover himself. Not on here I should have added.

DaveF
01-11-2015, 10:42 PM
Quite hard to get folk to not take bevvy on a bus I'd imagine; I've been on supporters buses and folk always try and smuggle it on.

It's not the 80's anymore :greengrin

Sensible bus convener's will always enforce a no bevvy rule - as I'm sure ones on here will confirm - as it's simply not worth being caught. And if the driver knew there was drink, then common sense tells you to ditch it well before you get near the ground.

Jay
01-11-2015, 10:43 PM
If he's being told that the Police are coming, maybe he should have? On Easter Road, with a bus full of drunk huns, maybe not? BUT, he put himself in that situation so sympathy is hard to find.

Don't get me wrong, I've been on buses where the driver has been egged on to drive past home fans to illicit a response so I can understand to a degree how he ended up there but he should have used better judgement - It's his job on the line, not the idiots he was carrying.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the guy Dave, him or his bus full of scrotes. My only point is that IMO stopping would have been a very bad idea.

FranckSuzy
01-11-2015, 10:46 PM
People are saying he only posted this after the video and he's doing it to cover himself. Not on here I should have added.

:aok:

Eire hibs
01-11-2015, 10:51 PM

Does Philamena have 1690 "followers" and two off the same "following"..... Deary me they can't help themselves.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 10:56 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy for the guy Dave, him or his bus full of scrotes. My only point is that IMO stopping would have been a very bad idea.

😂 Scrotes, love it Mrs S.

Stantons Angel
01-11-2015, 11:03 PM

Id say he was wrong to bring a bus Ioad of them up Easter Road at that time of day, they shouId never have been there in the first pIace either!!

poolman
01-11-2015, 11:24 PM

Typical of that er*e wipe paper

lucky
01-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Standing in front of a stationery bus was not the best idea but the driver egged on by his passengers moved his bus and drove it towards the two guys blocking its path. It was a deliberate act by the driver just as it was by the two guys standing in its way.

Torto7062
01-11-2015, 11:31 PM
@stephenmairr on twitter claims to have been on the bus

Greencore
01-11-2015, 11:35 PM
Why were fans throwing bottles at the bus? Obviously didn't help the situation. Hope your boys okay and wasn't shaken up by the experience. Please keep us updated on all the best.

KWJ
02-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Why were fans throwing bottles at the bus? Obviously didn't help the situation. Hope your boys okay and wasn't shaken up by the experience. Please keep us updated on all the best.

Yup, our fans are from defensible in this video, whatever the situation, nobody should be chucking bottles at a bus.

Hibbibri
02-11-2015, 01:23 AM
Yup, our fans are from defensible in this video, whatever the situation, nobody should be chucking bottles at a bus.

.......or out of it :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
02-11-2015, 01:35 AM

Agreed. The Huns aren't above the law, they just think they are.

givescotlandfreedom
02-11-2015, 01:36 AM

People actually still buy that 'paper'?

R'Albin
02-11-2015, 02:18 AM

Brilliant.

givescotlandfreedom
02-11-2015, 02:41 AM

Hope he gets nailed . Just another Hun.

VivaHiberña
02-11-2015, 03:06 AM
It appears someone has already beaten me to it, but I'll just leave a link to a saved copy of the DR article in case they should change their story and you do pursue it with IPSO.

(This link also gives the DR no ad revenue.)

https://archive.is/QVNq2

monktonharp
02-11-2015, 03:13 AM
Let them hunt C. Now is not the time to get involved in a slagging match especially over Social Media.

Can guarantee they will call the police at the slightest hint of anger or abuse and you'll end up getting done.

I would of done the same thing if someone had done that to my kid but they will now look for a reaction from you to make you appear the bad one.

Best way to respond is not to respond. Defo take it up with the DR though and ask for their explanation do you mean "I would have done" or " I would of done" ? .seriously though, the best way that any Hibernian fan, worth his/her salt to respond would be to stop buying that rag, but sadly today I will see quite a few half-wits reading it or a copy of it on the dashboard of a transit van somewhere in the city .

monktonharp
02-11-2015, 04:06 AM

Don't get me wrong, I've been on buses where the driver has been egged on to drive past home fans to illicit a response so I can understand to a degree how he ended up there but he should have used better judgement - It's his job on the line, not the idiots he was carrying.Ok , are you assuming he has been told the Polis are coming, or was he told they are about to come? he took a wrong decision, to come up Easter Road and possibly did not know the best way to get to his destination, or possibly came via the Forth Bridge, making it the best way to go.he may have had half a dozen kids on his bus, and feared for their safety. he may have had 3 or 4 auld guys on his bus, and feared for their safety. there is a distinct possibility that he had a few bevvied gadges on his bus (his decision but not yet proven).his bus convenor may have put him under pressure to put the fit doon, to get out of there or he might have been a previous grand master of the local orange lodge that he came from, all of which is still to be determined.If it can be proved, that there was bottles of the auld buckie on board, him and the bus convener are in for a hefty fine and he may lose his job. I have yet to see any footage of this event, and hope that the HIBS FANS ARE INNOCENT. I doubt very much that it will come out, that way despite the result of any enquiry through the courts/laws in the Daily Ranger. Sadly, the said newspaper will continue to be bought and on the dashboard of many plumbers.jiners/plasterers vans in the east of Scotland this morning.

Boyle89
02-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Imo that bus is there for one reason, to try and wind up Hibs fans.
There's no way a Rangers bus should be allowed to drive up ER at that time. The driver should get shafted for that. That's even before the booze not forgetting the fact he was basically running someone over with a ****ing bus!! The driver should lose his job and the cretin that spat on the child should be found and punished.
As for the folk chucking bottles at the bus...well done idiots.

GreenLake
02-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Spit is a biological hazard and launching it at another human being is an act of terrorism.

RoxburghHibs
02-11-2015, 05:43 AM

Was only one bottle on that video, chucked by Hibs fans, but yeah not great.

lucky
02-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Was only one bottle on that video, chucked by Hibs fans, but yeah not great.

I saw the incident as I was walking up ER. Several bottles and glasses were thrown at the bus.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-11-2015, 08:11 AM
I think that's the least of his worries once the traffic commissioner gets to see this footage.

I can just hear the phrase "we feared for our lives...."

Dublin07
02-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Hope you wee man is OK Calum. Best to stay off Twitter I realised that after Sep 19 last year when I condemned their thugs and the abuse back was sickening. DR will only report what suits the morons that buy it. Hibs fans should not go anyway near that rag and the club needs to back us. They have told lies about our club for the last 15 years.

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2015, 09:13 AM
I see the Record has snuck the following into the bottom of the article now -

Last night, it was claimed that Hibs fans were attempting to stop the bus after an alleged spitting incident and police were being alerted.

BroxburnHibee
02-11-2015, 09:24 AM
Rangers fan on my Facebook feed trying to claim that there was no spitting, no child and 2 people have claimed to be the guy in the green jacket :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Brilliant.

A bit too Yamish for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Spit is a biological hazard and launching it at another human being is an act of terrorism.

Dearie me.

DaveF
02-11-2015, 09:54 AM
A bit too Yamish for me.

Dearie me. The laddie is 10 and had just been gobbed on then watched his team win 2-1.

I think I'll cut him a break.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Dearie me. The laddie is 10 and had just been gobbed on then watched his team win 2-1.

I think I'll cut him a break.

Seemingly he had to be told about 10 times to do it according to an earlier poster, i'll not let it bother me too much though.

DaveF
02-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Seemingly he had to be told about 10 times to do it according to an earlier poster, i'll not let it bother me too much though.

Final whistle, noisy stadium and so on. Glad it's not going bother you though.

H18sry
02-11-2015, 10:07 AM
How did you get on with the police Callum

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2015, 10:09 AM
How did you get on with the police Callum

They called me back and advised that they would come and see me during the week. I have an "appointment" with them at 5.30 on Thursday.

H18sry
02-11-2015, 10:10 AM
They called me back and advised that they would come and see me during the week. I have an "appointment" with them at 5.30 on Thursday.

:rolleyes: aye no rush then

hibee1875
02-11-2015, 10:20 AM
There's a post on the bearsden about this insinuating the guys on the bus were all high via one method or another.

Innocent cowering individuals indeed.

Gettin' Auld
02-11-2015, 10:25 AM
The link to the Record story doesn't work now, so it looks like they've taken the story down. The daft *******s should have checked the facts before writing it in the first place.

Hun fans = ****in' neanderthals.

Forza Fred
02-11-2015, 10:33 AM
The link to the Record story doesn't work now, so it looks like they've taken the story down. The daft *******s should have checked the facts before writing it in the first place.

And thereby drastically change their editorial policy? :greengrin

macca70
02-11-2015, 10:40 AM
What's the rules about drinking in the streets? I thought it wasn't allowed?!

Walked down ER about 12pm, the place was crawling with them openly drinking with loads of police around just standing by turning a blind eye.

Then walked along Bothwell St and over the bridge where 1 of them set off a smoke bomb. Police over the other side of the bridge just stood and watched.

Gettin' Auld
02-11-2015, 10:44 AM

It isn't.........

macca70
02-11-2015, 10:50 AM
It isn't.........

That what I thought, police just choose to ignore it

macca70
02-11-2015, 10:56 AM
On that video, you can clearly see a buckfast bottle being thrown out a bus window and smashing on the ground, not far from the guy with the darker green jacket.

That should bring a charge of being in possession of an offensive weapon. That's normally what throwing a bottle gets classed as.

There's clearly another 1 that gets thrown at the bus, luckily seems to miss the window and ping about 20 foot in the air and luckily doesn't hit anyone, must have come from the group of Hibby's on the other side of the road.

Smartie
02-11-2015, 10:57 AM
(Only playing devil's advocate here so go steady….)

What about the bottles that were thrown at the Rangers supporters bus though?

Can we go firing that much abuse at them for drinking in the street and violating the by-law when clearly there was a bit of that going on amongst our own fans?

Gettin' Auld
02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
That what I thought, police just choose to ignore it

Aye, that's nothing new when it's that lot mate. You'd think the police were scared of them.

Gordy M
02-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Aye, that's nothing new when it's that lot mate. You'd think the police were scared of them.

I thought drinking in the street is a byelaw and was up to individual councils, and edinburgh didnt introduce it due to the effect on tourism etc?? Though i could be wrong.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Rangers fan on my Facebook feed trying to claim that there was no spitting, no child and 2 people have claimed to be the guy in the green jacket :greengrin

Andy Goram? :dunno:

Wilson
02-11-2015, 11:11 AM

To be fair it looks like there are two people in the green jacket.

The_Horde
02-11-2015, 11:18 AM
While we're at it can we put in a complaint against the sectarian songs at the game?

Onceinawhile
02-11-2015, 11:26 AM
I thought drinking in the street is a byelaw and was up to individual councils, and edinburgh didnt introduce it due to the effect on tourism etc?? Though i could be wrong.

Certainly used to be the case that drinking on the street in Edinburgh is OK apart from in a few certain places (royal mile/the tron).

O'Rourke3
02-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Pretty sure the notice from Police Scotland and fed to the main board stated drinking in the street would be dealt with...

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Gettin' Auld
02-11-2015, 11:31 AM

There was an official Hibs post on this site on the 31st, here it is - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?304506-Official-Site-MESSAGE-FROM-POLICE-SCOTLAND - that led to a message on the Hibs website saying that the police would enforce the 'no drinking on the streets' by-law at the Hibs v Rangers game.

Looks like the by-law probably just doesn't get enforced during the festival, hogmanay, and times like that. They were supposed to have been enforcing it yesterday though, or so they were claiming.

MB62
02-11-2015, 11:43 AM
There were plenty Hibbies drinking in the street outside 'The Office' and '4-in-hand' but it was all very relaxed.
My brother saw the incident with the bus as he walked to the game. Said the guys in the bus were were all banging on the windows goading the Hibs fans, then a few bottles and glasses were thrown at the bus, that's when brother decided to quicken his pace to get out of there.

IMO if you find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time, the last thing you should be doing is drawing attention to yourself. If the bus just took a wrong turning and found itself in an uncomfortable situation, fair enough, but to then start acting like warriors and challenging folk with your actions, I'm afraid you get what you deserve. Sit tight and quiet in your seats until you pass the scene and nobody would have batted an eye.

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Daily Record have indeed taken the story down. They called me earlier and strongly apologised for putting the story up. They said that Police Scotland do indeed have a job logged against that bus from someone else other than me. The police are coming to see me on Thursday for my story, and I'm sure they'll interview my son too.

Few other sites have people questioning my story and my parenting skills because they can't see my son in the video. :blah: so just to confirm, once I realised what had happened, I left my son with a good friend who took him round the corner, away from what was happening. My dad then went UP Easter road to inform a police van of the incident, and I went to the bus. I believe the bus was pulled over by the Police van but not 100%. As I went back to my son, a couple of police officers on horseback approached and I informed them of the incident. He said I could make a formal statement but would be just as well doing it later on after the game.
Also some saying I only put the story on here to cover my back. Firstly, its pretty clear in the video that there is no aggression on my part whatsoever. My mate says if you turn the video up, you can here me saying the police are coming. Secondly, I posted about the incident on the PM board and also on Facebook a LONG time before this video appeared on twitter (14.43 on FB and 14.46 on the PM board), so certainly no attempt at cover up from me. As I say, the video doesnt show me being aggresive in any way so I'm not too sure what I'm meant to have done.

I have to say, some of the stuff being posted on twitter is vile. Sharing pictures of me and my 14 week old baby, posting where I work, calling me a liar and a ****bag, read one saying that me and the other guy should have had our throats slit at birth.

As I have said previously, I don't agree with the stuff being chucked (by either sets of fans). We are all going to watch a game of football for goodness sake! And maybe standing there wasn't the correct thing to do, but it all happened very quickly and all I wanted was the guy that spat on my son to be arrested. No one should be made to feel unsafe when going to the football, and that goes for my son, and any kids that were on the rangers bus.

By the way, the bus had stopped completely. I didnt step in front of a moving vehicle. The driver chose to accelerate into us. I have 2 pictures on my phonme of the back of the bus as it drove off but unfortunately you can't make out the number plate. As I say tho, others have indeed reported it to the police so should have it.

Bristolhibby
02-11-2015, 12:01 PM

Write down everything that happened as you remember them. It's amazing how the memory fades in a week.

J

Bristolhibby
02-11-2015, 12:02 PM
(Only playing devil's advocate here so go steady….)

What about the bottles that were thrown at the Rangers supporters bus though?

Can we go firing that much abuse at them for drinking in the street and violating the by-law when clearly there was a bit of that going on amongst our own fans?

Gobbing on a 10 year old trumps that any day of the week.

J

Bristolhibby
02-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Daily Record have indeed taken the story down. They called me earlier and strongly apologised for putting the story up. They said that Police Scotland do indeed have a job logged against that bus from someone else other than me. The police are coming to see me on Thursday for my story, and I'm sure they'll interview my son too.

Few other sites have people questioning my story and my parenting skills because they can't see my son in the video. :blah: so just to confirm, once I realised what had happened, I left my son with a good friend who took him round the corner, away from what was happening. My dad then went UP Easter road to inform a police van of the incident, and I went to the bus. I believe the bus was pulled over by the Police van but not 100%. As I went back to my son, a couple of police officers on horseback approached and I informed them of the incident. He said I could make a formal statement but would be just as well doing it later on after the game.
Also some saying I only put the story on here to cover my back. Firstly, its pretty clear in the video that there is no aggression on my part whatsoever. My mate says if you turn the video up, you can here me saying the police are coming. Secondly, I posted about the incident on the PM board and also on Facebook a LONG time before this video appeared on twitter (14.43 on FB and 14.46 on the PM board), so certainly no attempt at cover up from me. As I say, the video doesnt show me being aggresive in any way so I'm not too sure what I'm meant to have done.

I have to say, some of the stuff being posted on twitter is vile. Sharing pictures of me and my 14 week old baby, posting where I work, calling me a liar and a ****bag, read one saying that me and the other guy should have had our throats slit at birth.

As I have said previously, I don't agree with the stuff being chucked (by either sets of fans). We are all going to watch a game of football for goodness sake! And maybe standing there wasn't the correct thing to do, but it all happened very quickly and all I wanted was the guy that spat on my son to be arrested. No one should be made to feel unsafe when going to the football, and that goes for my son, and any kids that were on the rangers bus.

By the way, the bus had stopped completely. I didnt step in front of a moving vehicle. The driver chose to accelerate into us. I have 2 pictures on my phonme of the back of the bus as it drove off but unfortunately you can't make out the number plate. As I say tho, others have indeed reported it to the police so should have it.

Sorry to hear the Twitter stuff mate. A wake up to us all about what we post. As a rule of thumb I keep my kids off Twitter, as it is an open forum and anyone can get hold of those photos.

J

Jay
02-11-2015, 12:06 PM
My son saw the bus being pulled over a wee bit further down the road and a policeman going mental at the driver.

FranckSuzy
02-11-2015, 12:29 PM

Make sure you screenshot that too as, as has been seen before, there is much less tolerance of online abuse now. Vile stuff.

Aldo
02-11-2015, 12:35 PM
On that video, you can clearly see a buckfast bottle being thrown out a bus window and smashing on the ground, not far from the guy with the darker green jacket. That should bring a charge of being in possession of an offensive weapon. That's normally what throwing a bottle gets classed as. There's clearly another 1 that gets thrown at the bus, luckily seems to miss the window and ping about 20 foot in the air and luckily doesn't hit anyone, must have come from the group of Hibby's on the other side of the road.

Throwing a bottle would not be construed as an offensive weapon and you Would struggle to prove that but easy to prove Culpable and reckless conduct which is what you could probably prove. If it had been thrown at a specific person potentially an assault!

tomhorn
02-11-2015, 01:01 PM

I am sorry about the bother you ended up caught in and I do not think you were in the wrong.

But...if you choose to use forums like this and Facebook (and Twitter if you did use Twitter) you have to expect in this day and age that all the ****bags of the day will have their say and do their worst. It is not right but you must have known it was a possibility when you put your story out there.

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2015, 02:21 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hibs-fan-rangers-supporters-bus-6751858 new story from the Daily record regarding yesterday's incident.

SunshineOnLeith
02-11-2015, 02:23 PM

I'm sure you know this already but make sure you screenshot any tweets/Facebook posts which are threatening or abusive and pass them all to the police on Thursday.

macca70
02-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Throwing a bottle would not be construed as an offensive weapon and you Would struggle to prove that but easy to prove Culpable and reckless conduct which is what you could probably prove. If it had been thrown at a specific person potentially an assault!

Offensive weapon is exactly what a work colleague was charged with amongst other things for picking up a bottle and throwing it in direction of some bouncers.

KeithTheHibby
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM

Walked down ER about 12pm, the place was crawling with them openly drinking with loads of police around just standing by turning a blind eye.

Then walked along Bothwell St and over the bridge where 1 of them set off a smoke bomb. Police over the other side of the bridge just stood and watched.

Scotmid were openly selling drink around midday yesterday - I thought licensing laws meant you couldn't buy alcohol until 1230pm on a Sunday??

Moulin Yarns
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Scotmid were openly selling drink around midday yesterday - I thought licensing laws meant you couldn't buy alcohol until 1230pm on a Sunday??

Scottish stores and supermarkets can only sell alcohol between 10am and 10pm Monday to Sunday although core hours can very occasionally be extended or reduced by the local licensing board.

You have to wonder at the wisdom to NOT reduce the hours when a large crowd decends on an area.

StevieC
02-11-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm sure you know this already but make sure you screenshot any tweets/Facebook posts which are threatening or abusive and pass them all to the police on Thursday.

As well as using them in a libel case against the Daily Record for printing a story that was untrue and put you and your family through stress and anguish due to their story and the publishing of the video. :wink:

liamh2202
02-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Scottish stores and supermarkets can only sell alcohol between 10am and 10pm Monday to Sunday although core hours can very occasionally be extended or reduced by the local licensing board.

You have to wonder at the wisdom to NOT reduce the hours when a large crowd decends on an area.

Where is that quote from mate i wasnt aware sundays had been changed from 1230

CallumLaidlaw
02-11-2015, 03:48 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8186048.stm

GordonHFC
02-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Can a bus driver proceed like that regardless?! :confused:

Nope.

GordonHFC
02-11-2015, 04:07 PM

He would still be called into a hearing to explain himself.

GordonHFC
02-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Good hope he does!

She

liamh2202
02-11-2015, 04:27 PM

Thats from 2009 and seems to be writing concerning proposed changes. Seems a cloudy subject

Here
http://help.sainsburys.co.uk/help/products/sell-alcohol-hours

Andy74
02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
As well as using them in a libel case against the Daily Record for printing a story that was untrue and put you and your family through stress and anguish due to their story and the publishing of the video. :wink:

Defamation.

offshorehibby
02-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Callum, not sure if you've seen this yet

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/police-probe-rangers-fan-spitting-at-hibs-boy-1-3935195

s.a.m
Thats from 2009 and seems to be writing concerning proposed changes. Seems a cloudy subject

Here

I think they probably haven't updated their website. I do my shopping in the morning, often on a Sunday, and the barriers come down at 10.00 every day. So it's earlier than it was on a Sunday, introduces a restriction that wasn't there previously on every other day.

ACLeith
Callum,

A little snippet of info I heard this afternoon, more as a bit of background, not sure if you are aware of this or not.

My son and a friend who sits beside me were walking up Leith Walk to get to the game, they were a bit late due to an earlier commitment so it was well after 12. Their attention was drawn to a minibus whose occupants were battering on the windows and singing songs VERY loudly. Their thought was that the driver must be furious at the potential damage being caused to the vehicle.

The bus was around Jane Street, travelling UP Leith Walk. Therefore, it must have cut along somewhere like Lorne Street, Dalmeny Street etc to arrive at the incident? The bus could presumably have carried on up Leith Walk beyond Pilrig and avoided any potential flashpoint, so perhaps the driver was "encouraged" to go that route looking for trouble? Or he may have needed little encouragement?

Pretty Boy
02-11-2015, 04:40 PM

Here

The 2005 Licensing Act (Scotland) allows 'off' sales between 10am and 10pm 7 days a week. There are times this can be changed under special arrangement but that's the core law.

I've worked in the industry for years and was responsible for licensing law training and compliance in a previous job.

Aldo
02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Offensive weapon is exactly what a work colleague was charged with amongst other things for picking up a bottle and throwing it in direction of some bouncers.

That's because he threw it towards them. The person that threw it in the footage didn't throw it at one direct person ie he didn't look where he threw it unlike your colleague.

The person in the bus threw it without any consideration for the consequences therefore culpable and reckless conduct.

GordonHFC
02-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Callum
If you want a wee bit of advice give me a PM

banarc7062
02-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Unbelievable, but also perfectly believable that it has been published by that mob. Let us know how it goes with Police Scotland :aok:
With Police Scotland being mainly controlled by ex Strathclyde Senior Officers I would not hold my breath. This is just normal activities for their weegie ****.

liamh2202
02-11-2015, 06:36 PM
The 2005 Licensing Act (Scotland) allows 'off' sales between 10am and 10pm 7 days a week. There are times this can be changed under special arrangement but that's the core law.

I've worked in the industry for years and was responsible for licensing law training and compliance in a previous job.

Cheers pb.. Every day is a school day

brog
02-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Callum,

A little snippet of info I heard this afternoon, more as a bit of background, not sure if you are aware of this or not.

My son and a friend who sits beside me were walking up Leith Walk to get to the game, they were a bit late due to an earlier commitment so it was well after 12. Their attention was drawn to a minibus whose occupants were battering on the windows and singing songs VERY loudly. Their thought was that the driver must be furious at the potential damage being caused to the vehicle.

The bus was around Jane Street, travelling UP Leith Walk. Therefore, it must have cut along somewhere like Lorne Street, Dalmeny Street etc to arrive at the incident? The bus could presumably have carried on up Leith Walk beyond Pilrig and avoided any potential flashpoint, so perhaps the driver was "encouraged" to go that route looking for trouble? Or he may have needed little encouragement?

I suspect they were drunk & late & "persuaded" the driver to get them as close to the ground as possible. That's not to say I have sympathy for the driver, he was obviously compliant in allowing them to drink on the bus in the 1st place. You lie down with beasts!

J-C
02-11-2015, 07:03 PM
I see the link on the DR site has now been taken away, says page not found, obviously with a police investigation ongoing.

Jack
02-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Callum,

Now it's funny you should mention that. There was another incident where an unmarked mini bus trolled up Easter Road causing bother last year.

In the dim and distant past there's been similar.

I don't doubt for a minute the driver wasn't aware of the consequences of going off the official route.

ronaldo7
02-11-2015, 07:16 PM
I see the link on the DR site has now been taken away, says page not found, obviously with a police investigation ongoing.

They're away having a think about it.

Scotland's champion, my arse.

Kaiser1962
02-11-2015, 07:23 PM

Here

Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005
Changed from 8am - 10pm Mon-Sat and 12.30pm till 10pm on a Sunday to 10am-10pm seven days for off licences.

mca
02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
Now it's funny you should mention that. There was another incident where an unmarked mini bus trolled up Easter Road causing bother last year.

In the dim and distant past there's been similar.

I don't doubt for a minute the driver wasn't aware of the consequences of going off the official route.

Could possible CCTV footage of the Bus Changing Route - be sourced..... :wink:

Might Help with the case... There must be some cameras stuck to shops and houses.. ???

Beefster
03-11-2015, 06:52 AM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=288940&page=5

What were you expecting when you went onto the site? It's fairly well known to be a complete cesspool.

Moulin Yarns
03-11-2015, 06:57 AM

I took it straight from Tesco website

California-Hibs
03-11-2015, 07:13 AM
What were you expecting when you went onto the site? It's fairly well known to be a complete cesspool.

Wasn't expecting much atall, had too many encounters with that lot to know of how much they are utter low life's. Was just curious to see their take on events, and wanted to highlight just how rancid they are.

CallumLaidlaw
03-11-2015, 09:25 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/03/a8b32aaa0e798b646e5bed310016832c.jpg

Wonder if the police now have some footage based on this comment

CorrieHibs
03-11-2015, 06:00 PM

Just read the story in the daily ******. Well done Callum for taking this incident this far.

The driver should be sacked. And those animals on the bus, well words can't describe them.

Hope your son is now ok and this shameful incident doesn't put him off attending future games.

capitals_finest
03-11-2015, 11:00 PM
I had a similar experience with a group of Rangers mutants on Easter Road around 10 years ago- seeing 4 young Hibs supporters being harassed and spat on by a larger group of older guys about 3 times their age. There are some absolutely disgusting human beings among their support. How any decent person can be associated with that club is beyond me.

04-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Despicable club to the core with the biggest set of ****, low life, bigoted tramps supporting them. Absolutely vile.

Torto7062
05-11-2015, 11:02 PM

Callum did the police come see you and the wee man?

CallumLaidlaw
05-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Callum did the police come see you and the wee man?

Yes mate. Just took a full report and gonna send it over to edinburgh. They said there is already an investigation ongoing with the edinburgh police.

O'Rourke3
05-11-2015, 11:41 PM
Yes mate. Just took a full report and gonna send it over to Edinburgh. They said there is already an investigation ongoing with the edinburgh police.
Do we need to crowdfund for your defence then?

CallumLaidlaw
06-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Do we need to crowdfund for your defence then?

:greengrin:greengrin Haha. No defence required.

CallumLaidlaw
18-07-2016, 09:38 AM
So this has now been resolved. Fair play to the police for seeing it through. They managed to track the bus and the guy that committed the crime, and he recieved the following punishment -

- 18 month community payback and supervision order
- £250 FINE
- 2 Year football banning order

Notice the daily record never followed up with the outcome. Shock eh :rolleyes::wink:

Bristolhibby
18-07-2016, 09:39 AM
So this has now been resolved. Fair play to the police for seeing it through. They managed to track the bus and the guy that committed the crime, and he recieved the following punishment -

- £250 FINE

Notice the daily record never followed up with the outcome. Shock eh :rolleyes::wink:

Great news!

I'm sure he was just "protecting" their players under "extreme provocation".

Utter ****bag!

J

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 09:40 AM

- £250 FINE

Result! Chuffed for you mate!

Geo_1875
18-07-2016, 09:40 AM

- £250 FINE

Glad to hear a positive outcome from this. A shame it won't be publicised more widely and possibly make folk think twice before being a tit.

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2016, 09:42 AM

- £250 FINE

Justice at last

Dunedin Hibs
18-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Great result, well done. While we are all passionate about the club we support, there is a line to be drawn about acceptable behaviour. This muppet has crossed the line and been punished.

mim
18-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Well done for pursuing this :agree:

Johnny Clash
18-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Glad you and your family had some justice Callum. As you say, this shouldn't happen to anyone but targeting a mixed group with kids is real low life stuff! Loads of folk saw the video and the lies in The Daily Ranger so here's hoping they will retract their nonsense and report the truth.

Bostonhibby
18-07-2016, 10:12 AM

- £250 FINE

Great outcome mate, well done for sticking with it, hopefully one of the journalists looking in will fancy doing a bit of journalism and report on this one somewhere - and in the case of the Daily Record maybe show a bit of humility? Thought not.

Johnny Clash
18-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Glad you and your family had some justice Callum. As you say, this shouldn't happen to anyone but targeting a mixed group with kids is real low life stuff! Loads of folk saw the video and the lies in The Daily Ranger so here's hoping they will retract their nonsense and report the truth.

linlithgowhibbie
18-07-2016, 01:07 PM

- £250 FINE

Well done to you, the bobbies and the Court. One less ****bag visiting ER next time!!!

snooky
18-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Have you informed the DR of the outcome and, if so, did they respond?

Smartie
18-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Have you informed the DR of the outcome and, if so, did they respond?

There's to be a story in tomorrow's paper.

"Brave football fan from the West of Scotland's saliva attacked by vicious 10-year-old Hibs hooligan's face".

Bostonhibby
18-07-2016, 07:34 PM
There's to be a story in tomorrow's paper.

"Brave football fan from the West of Scotland's saliva attacked by vicious 10-year-old Hibs hooligan's face".
Could have sued him in the civil court for the trauma of being spat on but in true the rangers fashion he's probably going to do walking away and liquidate himself.

cookin_on_gaz
18-07-2016, 07:43 PM

- £250 FINE

Did anything happen to the bus driver? I seem to remember him accelerating as you, or a member of your group stood in front of the bus in protest.

18-07-2016, 07:55 PM

- £250 FINE

Well done CL for sticking with this.
Also for once congrats to Police Scotland and the Legal System for recognising right from wrong.
This was originally reported by the media incorrectly and its refreshing to see the Police Scotland properly investigate this and getting justice - well done the investigating officers.

brog
18-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Well done CL for sticking with this.
Also for once congrats to Police Scotland and the Legal System for recognising right from wrong.
This was originally reported by the media incorrectly and its refreshing to see the Police Scotland properly investigate this and getting justice - well done the investigating officers.

Agree 100%, now we just need the media to do the right thing!

Finn2015
18-07-2016, 09:11 PM

- £250 FINE

Glad it's been resolved and the whole incident and the reporting on it stinks. Glad justice prevailed

Pretty Boy
18-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Great result eventually. Hardly a shock that the press haven't followed the story to it's conclusion though.

RedHibby
18-07-2016, 09:47 PM
I sincerely hope that the Daily Record will print the real story but I won't hold my breathe. Daily Record and gutter press at its very best.

Scott Allan Key
18-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Good. Had an incident about that age with other half of the Orcs. The sense of entitlement so warping as attack and spoil families' enjoyment of the beautiful game is a horrible thing that no one need go through. As an aside, the last ten minutes at Hampden v them, I kept praying 'do it for the wee laddie', remembering what you described and I could empathise with. All about persevering. Well done.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2016, 10:36 PM
You should pursue the Daily Record and insist that they print the truth and at the same time make reference to the nonsense that they wrote at the time.

FranckSuzy
18-07-2016, 10:40 PM
Good. Had an incident about that age with other half of the Orcs. The sense of entitlement so warping as attack and spoil families' enjoyment of the beautiful game is a horrible thing that no one need go through. As an aside, the last ten minutes at Hampden v them, I kept praying 'do it for the wee laddie', remembering what you described and I could empathise with. All about persevering. Well done.

:applause:

Keith_M
19-07-2016, 12:18 PM

- £250 FINE

As for the DR's lack of coverage, they have to toe the party line ya know.

Hibrandenburg
19-07-2016, 12:50 PM

- £250 FINE

Has this been published anywhere in the media Callum?

CallumLaidlaw
19-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Has this been published anywhere in the media Callum?

Not that I'm aware of.

Hibrandenburg
19-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Not that I'm aware of.

Absolutely shocking if not. I've tried googling the original daily ranger article and it's been removed but there are still thousands of references out there to it. Mainly on Hun Internet platforms with photos of you on them. The Scottish media are all too ready to spread their fantastical stories to help them sell papers and to hell with the risk they put their victims under from their lies.

Franck Stanton
19-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Wouldn't hold my breath. The next time they print the truth will be the first and their editor will have a heart attack.