PDA

View Full Version : Liam Henderson

3pm
01-11-2015, 05:50 PM
The young man seemed pleased. Seemed to reserve an animated wave of sorts for the zombies at the end.

Lad.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Thought he was poor though, looked finished after 50 minutes.

Smartie
01-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Thought he was poor though, looked finished after 50 minutes.

I thought he was poor at home to Dumbarton but much better today. Final ball could have been a bit better at times but I thought he noised them up, ran at them well and was part of a sound midfield performance. He was playing very well at the start and like the rest of the team suffered a bit when McGeoch went off.

He was taken off at the right time though. We had to do a power of work today and we needed to freshen it up. Stubbs timed that one 100% right. I hate watching players stay on 10-20 minutes too long when they should have been taken off (I thought Dom played very well today but I'd have taken him off about 15 minutes before he actually went off today).

On the subject of subs - I thought Stubbs got his pretty much spot on today, unlike Warburton who imo got his starting line-up wrong and then also made some questionable substitutions.

Thecat23
01-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Alright until his booking, then I though it was poor by his standards.

Brightside
01-11-2015, 06:02 PM

I think he's a great player but after Dylan went off i thought he was very poor.

green day
01-11-2015, 06:03 PM

Yip, also a daft booking. 1 minute before HT.

However, in the "Scott Alan" days, if he had an off day we were stuffed.

Now, we have a few decent midfield players, so don't need to rely on one person every game.

Great problem to have.

Jones28
01-11-2015, 06:08 PM
I didn't think he offered anything TBH, maybe being harsh and expecting too much but just thought he didn't offer anything apart from a couple of wayward shots at goal.

3pm
01-11-2015, 06:11 PM
Didnaestart the thread to criticise!

wookie70
01-11-2015, 06:17 PM
I thought Stubbs did well with the subs he made but having two centre halves on the bench was overkill for me. I would have chose one and got Boyle on the bench presuming he wasn't injured. That would have given the option to go with a back three or cover for injury and given us genuine pace to come on late in the game..

MacBean
01-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Wonder what he and fyvie were 'discussing' at the end of the game15591

B.H.F.C
01-11-2015, 06:23 PM
He is capable of better than what he has shown in the last few games. Floats in and out of games.

Smartie
01-11-2015, 06:29 PM
I thought Stubbs did well with the subs he made but having two centre halves on the bench was overkill for me. I would have chose one and got Boyle on the bench presuming he wasn't injured. That would have given the option to go with a back three or cover for injury and given us genuine pace to come on late in the game..

I think he just wants to have as much cover for positions as possible.

Our natural cover at right-back would be McGregor and at left-back it would be Hanlon.

A couple of injuries to either CH's or FB's could have necessitated using both of the CH's on the bench.

I do agree though that Boyle is a huge asset and it might have been nice to bring him on late in the game today. I'm surprised that he chose to go with Feruz - presumably he's showing more in training than Boyle.

Andy74
01-11-2015, 06:29 PM
I think he's a great player but after Dylan went off i thought he was very poor.

I thought after that sub we lost shape for the rest of the game. Henderson had no real idea where he was meant to be by the looks of it. We went pretty flat across the pitch and he was supposed to help cover the right side with Gray but he spent a bit too much time getting dragged inside. After McGeough went off we were in straight lines and just weren't getting the midfield into it.

Johnny_Leith
01-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I think he just wants to have as much cover for positions as possible.

Our natural cover at right-back would be McGregor and at left-back it would be Hanlon.

A couple of injuries to either CH's or FB's could have necessitated using both of the CH's on the bench.

I do agree though that Boyle is a huge asset and it might have been nice to bring him on late in the game today. I'm surprised that he chose to go with Feruz - presumably he's showing more in training than Boyle.

Boyle picked up a knock in training midweek.

Brightside
01-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I thought after that sub we lost shape for the rest of the game. Henderson had no real idea where he was meant to be by the looks of it. We went pretty flat across the pitch and he was supposed to help cover the right side with Gray but he spent a bit too much time getting dragged inside. After McGeough went off we were in straight lines and just weren't getting the midfield into it.

Agreed..Bartley and Fyvie playing at the same time just doesn't work for me either.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Agreed..Bartley and Fyvie playing at the same time just doesn't work for me either.

Think Stubbs realises that as well, as they've hardly played together, not sure what other sub he could have made though

ian cruise
01-11-2015, 06:39 PM

If he's been winding up opposition fans Fyvie was possibly telling him to get to the changing rooms before he got a post match booking. I'm just speculating though.

3pm
01-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Think Stubbs realises that as well, as they've hardly played together, not sure what other sub he could have made though

Limited I'd have thought. Suppose it explains why Keatings ended up playing where he did.

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Don't think that was at the end. By then, Henderson had a training top on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MacBean
01-11-2015, 08:20 PM
Don't think that was at the end. By then, Henderson had a training top on.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jason has his shin pads off. End of the game I'm sure

CropleyWasGod
01-11-2015, 08:23 PM

JC also had his shinpads off after he scored. The ref waited until he'd put them in before the game restarted.

I'm sure LH had a training top on at the end. He made great play of showing it to the away end.

oconnors_strip
01-11-2015, 08:29 PM

Jason's shin pads came off when he slid along the pitch after his goal celebrations :thumbsup:

That photo is definitely during game as Henderson had a training top on when he came over to applaud fans at the end

Shrekko
01-11-2015, 11:02 PM
One thing that really stands out for me is that Henderson is putting his heart and soul into Hibs this season. Has said in several interviews that he's not even thinking of Celtic at the moment which is refreshing IMO, and you can see it on the pitch.

Very good player who is performing really well more often than not.

--------
01-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Didnaestart the thread to criticise!

Hibsnet - what did you expect? :wink: