PDA

View Full Version : The referee

SouthMoroccoStu
01-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Once again we are treated to another west coast gfa push over.

Despite his best efforts, he couldn't give his team the 3 points

Your handling of the team rammy was nothing short of incompetent

--------
01-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Erm ....

.... I'm pretty certain it WAS a penalty in the 3rd minute and he didn't give it because he wasn't sure and the assistant was unsighted (as far as I can make out).

I thought he did OK.

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Once again we are treated to another west coast gfa push over.

Despite his best efforts, he couldn't give his team the 3 points

Your handling of the team rammy was nothing short of incompetent
It wasn't even close to being as bad as that and like Doddie said there was a very possible penalty early on. If referees deserve stick fair enough but don't make stuff up.....

Monts
01-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Dont think we can have too much of a go at the ref today.

Stonewaller penalty not given. If ever there was an opportunity to "help" them, that was it.

Onion
01-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Erm ....

.... I'm pretty certain it WAS a penalty in the 3rd minute and he didn't give it becuase he wasn't sure and the assistant was unsighted (as far as I can make out).

I thought he did OK.

More than few late tackles by the dirty Huns went conveniently unnoticed by the ref and Waghorn should have been shown a 2nd yellow. But I suppose that's as close as it gets to a fair ref against the Bigots.

green day
01-11-2015, 05:21 PM

Stonewaller penalty not given. If ever there was an opportunity to "help" them, that was it.

All of this. Rather have Lewis all game than waghorn sent off with 3 to go.

I thought he missed a few for them too, as it happens.

Golden Bear
01-11-2015, 05:22 PM
I actually thought the Ref had a very good game today. He (or any Ref) can't be expected to get every decision 100% correct (even TV replays are inconclusive at times.) He got pass marks in my book, I've witnessed a lot worse.

MKHIBEE
01-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Erm ....

.... I'm pretty certain it WAS a penalty in the 3rd minute and he didn't give it because he wasn't sure and the assistant was unsighted (as far as I can make out).

I thought he did OK.
We got away with one there but, hey ho, I reckon we were due a decision against them. If not, I couldn't care less

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 05:25 PM
He had a few moments but denied them an absolute 100% stonewaller after 3 minutes. He 'll do for me.

lyonhibs
01-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Referee was perfectly decent. Some fairly shaky decisions 2nd half but that was a stick on penalty after 3 minutes that he didn't give.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 05:39 PM
As well as the stonewaller, he didn't play the full 4 mins at the end either.

What did the penalty claim look like on tv?

Scottie
01-11-2015, 05:44 PM

Stick on, can't believe he never gave it. :aok:

greenlex
01-11-2015, 05:45 PM

I think he did play the full 4 mins. The 4 min board went up at about the 92nd min. I thought he was poor to be honest. He didnt gve them a pen. He didnt book Waghun. He should have booked another player for tugging Fyvie back in the second half and missed loads of late follow through's. Apart from that he was ok.

gaz1875
01-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Stick on, can't believe he never gave it. :aok:

Superb even better, right in front of me in the FF Upper looked a pen all day long LMAO :greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
01-11-2015, 05:52 PM
They probably should have had a penalty in 3min and the one in the second half was 50/50 - I've seen them given, especially to Huns.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for them though. Over the course of a season they'll get more decisions in their favour and we've suffered years of dodgy decisions against them, and their unwashed sister.

Tom Hart RIP
01-11-2015, 05:57 PM
The waghorn push on Fyvie was a stonewall yellow card which would have been his second and I couldn't believe he didn't give it.
Other than that I thought he was ok

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 05:58 PM
I think he did play the full 4 mins. The 4 min board went up at about the 92nd min. I thought he was poor to be honest. He didnt gve them a pen. He didnt book Waghun. He should have booked another player for tugging Fyvie back in the second half and missed loads of late follow through's. Apart from that he was ok.

Is that what it was - I checked my phone when the board went up and reckon it was about 2 1/2 from then.

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2015, 05:58 PM
The waghorn push on Fyvie was a stonewall yellow card which would have been his second and I couldn't believe he didn't give it.
Other than that I thought he was ok

It was but in saying that Fyvie would have then been booked for his push as well as the tackle

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 06:00 PM
How can anyone on here know whether he was booked for the tackle or the push?

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2015, 06:02 PM
How can anyone on here know whether he was booked for the tackle or the push?

It would have been the tackle. 100%. The ref wouldn't have booked Fyvie for the push but not Waghorn. Did you see the incident?

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 06:11 PM
It would have been the tackle. 100%. The ref wouldn't have booked Fyvie for the push but not Waghorn. Did you see the incident?
Yes but the referee only took action after a discussion with the assistant. Who knows what they said and what advice he got if he missed the incident. I'm not saying anything specific happened, it just seems odd to me that the main player got away with it....

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Can't mump about the Ref today. The The Rangers should have had a penalty within three minutes.

greenlex
01-11-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm sitting watching the game now. Stevensons challenge was never a penalty in a million years. The boys on his way down before Stevenson actually pulls out making the challenge.

matty_f
01-11-2015, 06:31 PM
I'm sitting watching the game now. Stevensons challenge was never a penalty in a million years. The boys on his way down before Stevenson actually pulls out making the challenge.

:agree: it was a great spot by the ref to be fair. Never a penalty though i thought at the time it was.

Played just over 4 mins at the end as well.

Edit: i think the linesman helped the ref out with the penalty as well, ref definitely thought about giving it.

3pm
01-11-2015, 06:33 PM
He had a few moments but denied them an absolute 100% stonewaller after 3 minutes. He 'll do for me.

The whistle was in the mouth and serious consideration given. Can only assume it was an unfortunate time for his asthma to kick in. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
01-11-2015, 06:35 PM

Having seen it in the flesh and again on TV I still think it's a stonewaller.

Maybe not in years gone by but in todays football it was. Not that I'm complaining of course.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 06:38 PM
Must say I'm absolutely delighted that we're benefitting from all these dodgy decisions recently.

Awarded a penalty at Falkirk that apparently never was. :thumbsup:
Raith Rovers denied a penalty for handball. :thumbsup:
Sevco denied a penalty today that was apparently a stonewaller. :thumbsup:

Keep them coming! :aok:

stantonsboots
01-11-2015, 06:45 PM
He had a few moments but denied them an absolute 100% stonewaller after 3 minutes. He 'll do for me.it wasn't a stonewaller the hun was already diving before lewis put his leg in

Scottie
01-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Must say I'm absolutely delighted that we're benefitting from all these dodgy decisions recently.

Trig do you think there is a conspiracy to make sure we go up instead of the Huns ? :wink:

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Trig do you think there is a conspiracy to make sure we go up instead of the Huns ? :wink:

Hadn't thought about that until recently but you never know! :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
01-11-2015, 06:58 PM

Yes he did. They were into injury time when the board went up. Beaton is by no means the worst and I thought he handled the game pretty well.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Yes he did. They were into injury time when the board went up. Beaton is by no means the worst and I thought he handled the game pretty well.

I just went from when the board went up.

lucky
01-11-2015, 07:05 PM
The ref was muurder for both teams

Argylehibby
01-11-2015, 07:16 PM

I'm maybe in the minority on this one but I don't think it was a penalty. Only saw it live at the game and on the TV in the concourse @ halftime but it looked to me that Lewis pulled out of the challenge and the guy went down looking for the pen. The referee was all set to give it but the asst. ref was having none of it. Waghorn had to pick up a 2nd booking for the incident with Fyvie and the 1st booking for them was a close call for a straight red too.

O'Rourke3
01-11-2015, 07:19 PM

Hadn't thought about that until recently but you never know! :greengrin

It's a tactic to make it look like we'd have gone up anyway when they get their 25 point deduction......

greenlex
01-11-2015, 07:21 PM
I'm maybe in the minority on this one but I don't think it was a penalty. Only saw it live at the game and on the TV in the concourse @ halftime but it looked to me that Lewis pulled out of the challenge and the guy went down looking for the pen. The referee was all set to give it but the asst. ref was having none of it. Waghorn had to pick up a 2nd booking for the incident with Fyvie and the 1st booking for them was a close call for a straight red too. That's how I see the penalty incident. Im not even sure there is any contact if note and he is definitely on his way down before any challenge at all is made. Lewis pulls out tackling him. Certainly no stonewalled.

brog
01-11-2015, 07:22 PM
That's how I see the penalty incident. Im not even sure there is any contact if note and he is definitely on his way down before any challenge at all is made. Lewis pulls out tackling him. Certainly no stonewalled.

Agree 100% & it's interesting to note Holt doesn't even appeal. I think he may have been expecting a yellow for the dive.

Eyrie
01-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Beaton had a decent game.

The two moments I think he got wrong were the penalty (we'd be baying for blood had that been in their box) and letting Waghorn off without that second booking.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Beaton had a decent game.

The two moments I think he got wrong were the penalty (we'd be baying for blood had that been in their box) and letting Waghorn off without that second booking.

There were several incidents throughout which resulted in a Sevco free kick, which I just couldn't understand.

GreenLake
01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
If we could have had refereeing like that every game over the last 50 years we would have been League Champions, Scottish Cup winners and had a good few more trophies and derby wins.

He was not perfect but much better than what we usually get.

skipster7
01-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Just seen their first booking on TV. Ridiculous dangerous challenge and a straight red imo:grr:

emerald green
01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
The Stevenson challenge in the box looked like a penalty to me at the time, but I've not had the benefit of seeing it again on TV.

Whether it was a penalty or not, I've seen referees giving them (especially to the Ibrox club) for a lot less than that. If the assistant saw it wasn't a penalty and conveyed that to the referee, then well done to him.

I give referees and linesmen criticism when I think it's justified, so if he (the assistant) deserves praise this time that's only right too.

That said, see my earlier post regarding Beaton's decision not to send Waghorn off. As others have said, he bottled that. The question I would ask is why did he bottle it? Scared to upset the Ibrox club too much maybe?

Hibeewilly
01-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Well said Trig. We have been very fortunate recently. The ref did well today - one or two mistakes but I thought they evened themselves out.
3 points is all that matters though GGTTH

Bostonhibby
01-11-2015, 08:03 PM
I'm maybe in the minority on this one but I don't think it was a penalty. Only saw it live at the game and on the TV in the concourse @ halftime but it looked to me that Lewis pulled out of the challenge and the guy went down looking for the pen. The referee was all set to give it but the asst. ref was having none of it. Waghorn had to pick up a 2nd booking for the incident with Fyvie and the 1st booking for them was a close call for a straight red too.

I'm with you in the minority - he dived too soon for it to be given, Probably not how they rehearsed it but you cant blame the ref if the hun didn't stick to the script.

Forza Fred
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
I actually thought the Ref had a very good game today. He (or any Ref) can't be expected to get every decision 100% correct (even TV replays are inconclusive at times.) He got pass marks in my book, I've witnessed a lot worse.

That is how I viewed it, although I would have given the Huns an early penalty for Lewis's challenge, but hey.....we deserved some luck!

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 09:05 PM

Yep never a pen no contact whatsoever. Ball should have walked for a horror tackle early and HTF Fathorn didn't get second yellow was quite simply bent.

Lucius Apuleius
01-11-2015, 09:10 PM
I would have given the penalty at the beginning. I also think waggie should have been off however I am happy he wasn't as someone said in another thread, the headlines would have been about the valiant 10 men even though it was for 5 minutes. Be even more pleasing if the CO has a few words to say. Overall I thought he was one of the better refs and I saw no bias, a few bad decisions maybe.