PDA

View Full Version : Waghorn's escape

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Waghorn evaded a booking here despite bring the instigator of the incident. He was already on a booking. Anyone care to explain how that isn't a second yellow? Fyvie was booked https://streamable.com/x79i

jacomo
01-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Nope.

Handbags, but if Fyvie is booked then Waghorn has to be, doesn't he? Runs over and gives FF a push.

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Waghorn evaded a booking here despite bring the instigator of the incident. He was already on a booking. Anyone care to explain how that isn't a second yellow? Fyvie was booked https://streamable.com/x79i

Any pundit who truly believes a Hibs player wouldn't have walked for that, is a deluded bigot.

SteveHFC
01-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Anyone see Halliday's punch. Should have been sent off for that.

Eyrie
Not just me that wondered about that and the clip shows why. Waghorn makes a conscious decision to run over and push Fyvie, which should have been a second yellow.

I'm not sure why Bartley got booked though - must have been something off screen because I think it was the linesman who pointed him out to the ref.

Scott Allan Key
Would it be plausible that this could be picked up by Compliance Officer for a second yellow for violent conduct?

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Watching the game I did not see Fyvie get booked?

Eyrie
01-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Would it be plausible that this could be picked up by Compliance Officer for a second yellow for violent conduct?
No chance, because Waghorn plays for Sevco Huns.

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
I'm maybe being a bit harsh on Waghorn. Perhaps the referee simply took pity on him as he's probably one of the worst ever players to play for Rangers, old and new.

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Violent Conduct can only be a red....

Scott Allan Key
01-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Violent Conduct can only be a red....

That'd be more serious then. I can feel a merger.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I'm guessing Fraser was booked for the tackle that made Waghorn react as he did. Agree that Waghorn's reaction was a yellow card and thought the ref bottled it.

Eyrie
01-11-2015, 03:23 PM

He booked Halliday and Bartley first, then called Fyvie over and ignored Waghorn.

Fyvie lunged in and even allowing for the fact it was against a Sevco Hun player, it looked a fair booking to me.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2015, 03:23 PM

He got booked for the incident late on

PeeJay
01-11-2015, 03:24 PM

Watched on Hibs TV - I don't think Fyvie got booked in this particular incident - lucky not to get a red for a dangerous/stupid 2-footed tackle IMO. Waghorn should have seen a 2nd yellow ...

HoboHarry
I'm guessing Fraser was booked for the tackle that made Waghorn react as he did. Agree that Waghorn's reaction was a yellow card and thought the ref bottled it.
I would like to see the footage of where Fyvie was booked. I don't believe that he was......

oconnors_strip
Waghorn then slyly moved away so the ref forgot about him. Maybe the compliance officer will look at it...... Oops sorry forgot it was the Huns we played

emerald green

Maybe because the referee knew full well he would have to send him off?

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 03:25 PM
He got booked for the incident late on
Fair enough - I missed that then....

Aldo

But it wasn't a foul JB. Superb challenge and even that plum Walker said it was.

CO should get into it but won't.

Scott Allan Key
Any pundit who truly believes a Hibs player wouldn't have walked for that, is a deluded bigot.

Agreed and a little campaign to ensure posthumous punishment would (successfully) ensue.

Black Kyle
01-11-2015, 03:27 PM
You would like to think so. Ref dealt with the aftermath rather than the incident.

Having said that thought the ref had a fair game, gave some decisions to them, some to us and crucially some to neither team where he could easy have given spot kicks.

I thought he was itching to give the one in the first couple of minutes (Stevenson) and only didn't because his assistant didn't indicate anything amiss.

Smartie
01-11-2015, 03:30 PM
To be fair to referees I can never work out who they are meant to book when you have these "handbags" skirmishes and who they are not meant to book.

So many people are pushing and shoving each other and for so long that it would be easy to forget how it all started.

Although, when you watch it back it is clear as day that Waghorn has run a long way to get involved by pushing Fyvie and you would expect one of the referee or his two linesmen to have noticed it all kick off with a shove as blatant as that.

TBH I don't think we can have too many complaints about the referee today given that I thought he missed an absolute stonewall penalty for them in the first minute. That's more of a game changer than not sending off one of their players in the 89th minute.

KiddA
01-11-2015, 03:34 PM

Great tackle not sure why Fyvie and Bartley got booked :confused: the most annoying thing about the whole thing was those two cowards Waghorn and Halliday both acting the big hard men :rolleyes: but bottom line is both of them are a couple of soft fuds :agree:

hibbydad
01-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Ref totally bottled it with Waghorn what was the west side linesman thinking about

Steveey
01-11-2015, 03:35 PM
I would like to see the footage of where Fyvie was booked. I don't believe that he was......

100% Fyvie got booked straight after Halliday and Bartley did!

truehibernian
01-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Rather then worry about Waghorn, how good was it seeing big Marvin race across and get into them as they surrounded Fraser (who himself got stuck into them)......even big Ox was in about them............terrific team spirit in the camp at present :aok: None of The Rangers players wanted involvement after big Marv was on the scene.

Leithenhibby
01-11-2015, 03:41 PM
But it wasn't a foul JB. Superb challenge and even that plum Walker said it was.

:agree:

The ref bottled it as he even stood watching Halliday, raise his hand to Bartley.

Big 3 points today :greengrin

Aldo
01-11-2015, 03:43 PM
:agree: The ref bottled it as he even stood watching Halliday, raise his hand to Bartley. Big 3 points today :greengrin

Yip it shows that we also have strength in depth whereas they have their starting 11 and may struggle when injuries/suspensions kick in.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Rather then worry about Waghorn, how good was it seeing big Marvin race across and get into them as they surrounded Fraser (who himself got stuck into them)......even big Ox was in about them............terrific team spirit in the camp at present :aok: None of The Rangers players wanted involvement after big Marv was on the scene.

Yip a TEAM that won't get bullied.

R'Albin
01-11-2015, 03:46 PM
On a slightly unrelated note - what did Fathorn say about us again?

Onion
01-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Ref totally bottled it with Waghorn what was the west side linesman thinking about

:agree: Of course he did. Turned a blind eye to lots of Hun transgressions today.

MWHIBBIES
01-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Mutant ****.

ronaldo7
01-11-2015, 04:02 PM

That's exactly how I saw it, and said so at the time. The whole team were up for it, and were ready for the battle if it came their way today.

Great to see the Team Spirit alive, kicking, and punching at Hibernian once again.:take that

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 04:07 PM
If Fyvie was booked then I think I am correct in saying that the CO cannot take further action against him whereas if the CO has the balls to he could charge Waghorn with Violent Conduct.....

HoboHarry
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Posted this on the other thread but if Fyvie was booked then I think I am correct in saying that the CO cannot take further action against him whereas if the CO has the balls to he could charge Waghorn with Violent Conduct.....

CentreLine
01-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Watched on Hibs TV - I don't think Fyvie got booked in this particular incident - lucky not to get a red for a dangerous/stupid 2-footed tackle IMO. Waghorn should have seen a 2nd yellow ...

If you saw two feet and had the benefit of TV replay then God help us. One of the best chalanges of the day imho

PeeJay
01-11-2015, 04:28 PM
If you saw two feet and had the benefit of TV replay then God help us. One of the best chalanges of the day imho

That's certainly the way it looked to me at the time, on the TV replay too ... mind you, the referee missed it, it seems - easy to do, I suppose

Onion
01-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Can only conclude that the ref thought Waghorn's 20 yard sprint and push on Fyvie was well deserved. Not sure which rule allows that but must be one as Wag wasn't even spoken to.

gaz1875
01-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Thought both would get sent off for violent conduct, couldn't believe Waghorn escaped without another booking quite unbelievable really :confused:

Bostonhibby
01-11-2015, 04:38 PM
:agree:

The ref bottled it as he even stood watching Halliday, raise his hand to Bartley.

Big 3 points today :greengrin
Agree, just a real shame that no one has told the referee that this apparition is not the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers so he could referee the game as it is rather than how he feels he has to.

Still, big result today and we got a few breaks.

Onwards and upwards. Well done Hibs.

BoomtownHibees
01-11-2015, 04:40 PM
I think he's booked Fyvie for the tackle. If he then books Waghorn for the push then Fyvie would be booked for that as well meaning 2 reds

ehf
01-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Thought both would get sent off for violent conduct, couldn't believe Waghorn escaped without another booking quite unbelievable really :confused:

As the incident unfolded we were rueing the fact that Waghorn was going to get a second yellow, and the headlines would be about us beating 'ten man rangers'. Utterly defied belief that he was allowed to skulk off unpunished.

Holmesdale Hibs
01-11-2015, 04:47 PM

I think FF was booked for the foul, which wasn't a foul because he clearly got the ball but the ref did give a free kick.

I watched it on telly and thought it was a bad challenge at the time but replay shows differently. But I can see why the Huns and ref thought it was a bad challenge.

So it shouldn't have been a free kick and FF and ****horn should have got the same punishment, whether it's a yellow or a talking to is debatable.

Bishop Hibee
01-11-2015, 04:48 PM
What I liked about this is the players steamed in and were not intimidated by them. GIRUY!

Stantons Angel
01-11-2015, 05:38 PM

You are so right there!

Waghorn ran down that park to push wee Fyvie over without even being involved in the incident! He should have been first to be dealt with and sent off there and then!! The ref bottled it but booked Fyvie and BartIey right enough!
That wee thug HaIIiday should be dealt with by the compliance officer whether he wears a Rangers jersey or not! On the meIee he punched out at BartIey!

I heard on the radio that Warburton was complaining that the ref did not protect his "flair" players, this must be a joke then!

Sir David Gray
01-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Is anyone genuinely surprised that Waghorn avoided a sending off during that incident?

Serious question.

brog
01-11-2015, 06:14 PM

Unfortunately Fraser actually left the ground briefly when challenging. Refs are now told these are automatic yellow cards & potentially red. That's the way modern football is I'm afraid so I don't think we can argue too much with FF's card but Waghorn should have gone, if only for being an arrogant prat who thinks he's too good for this league. Great to see the Hibs players stand up to them, not seen that for some time.

Aldo
01-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Unfortunately Fraser actually left the ground briefly when challenging. Refs are now told these are automatic yellow cards & potentially red. That's the way modern football is I'm afraid so I don't think we can argue too much with FF's card but Waghorn should have gone, if only for being an arrogant prat who thinks he's too good for this league. Great to see the Hibs players stand up to them, not seen that for some time.

Compared to the kung fu kick by Ball Brog it was pretty tame! Wag horns and the Huns reaction got players booked when lets face it he should of copped a 2nd yellow.

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 06:32 PM

Exactly that. Bottled it, one rule for one, one for another as per. What was Waghorn moaning about with the booking also awful tackle.

This is the same ref that red carded Handling last season for a booking at worse tackle. The tackle by Ball was quite simply a nailed on red card.

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 06:37 PM
To be fair to referees I can never work out who they are meant to book when you have these "handbags" skirmishes and who they are not meant to book.

So many people are pushing and shoving each other and for so long that it would be easy to forget how it all started.

Although, when you watch it back it is clear as day that Waghorn has run a long way to get involved by pushing Fyvie and you would expect one of the referee or his two linesmen to have noticed it all kick off with a shove as blatant as that.

TBH I don't think we can have too many complaints about the referee today given that I thought he missed an absolute stonewall penalty for them in the first minute. That's more of a game changer than not sending off one of their players in the 89th minute.

Quite simply not a pen, no contact boy dived.

Only reason it was a stramash was Waghorn as nothing was happening until he brought his fat ass into the equations. Yet other players got booked. Joke.

JimBHibees
01-11-2015, 06:39 PM
What I liked about this is the players steamed in and were not intimidated by them. GIRUY!

Agree entirely. Great to see.

hibees 7062
01-11-2015, 06:41 PM
On a slightly unrelated note - what did Fathorn say about us again?

MARTYN WAGHORN, the striker who signed a three-year deal with Rangers on Monday, has described Hibs as “pretty basic” and “nothing great” ahead of their Petrofac Training Cup match at Easter Road on Saturday

Libby Hibby
01-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Is anyone genuinely surprised that Waghorn avoided a sending off during that incident?

Serious question.

I couldn't believe he got let off, it was him that instigated the 'handbags'...fair play for the rest of the side for being there for each other...sadly lacking in previous seasons...big Marv steaming in brought a smile to my face

Ricky Bobby
01-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Ref bottled it by not sending off Waghorn. How he can book Fyvie and not him is ridiculous. Also thought Halliday was lucky to stay on, he seemed to give Marv a dig in the face through a crowd of players.

Bayern Bru
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Waghorn could get done by Compliance Officer as no action was taken at the time. Pretty sure hands raised is a straight red for violent conduct - and Fyvie could be in trouble too if he was booked for the "foul" rather than the bust-up.

Incidentally, the referee's guidelines include this interesting extract:

If a mass confrontation occurs, manage it without directly engaging the players – keep your hands off them. Identify the responsible players and those who run from a distance to become involved.

:hmmm:

brog
01-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Let's see if we have "Trial by Sportscene" tonight or does that only apply to players not from the uglies?

Jonnyboy
01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Worth watching again

https://streamable.com/x79i

FF reacts to Waghorn running ten yards to push him in the back. Halliday striked Bartley in the face. Meanwhile, Waghorn disappears from the incident, knowing he's in the wrong and deserves a yellow.

greenlex
01-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Great tackle not sure why Fyvie and Bartley got booked :confused: the most annoying thing about the whole thing was those two cowards Waghorn and Halliday both acting the big hard men :rolleyes: but bottom line is both of them are a couple of soft fuds :agree:

I'll be honest the tackle was wreck less with studs up even though he got the ball. Yellow card challenge for me.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Let's see if we have "Trial by Sportscene" tonight or does that only apply to players not from the uglies?

Pretty sure it was Celtic and/or the original Rangers that coined the phrase "trial by Sportscene"?

Springbank
01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Pretty sure it was Celtic and/or the original Rangers that coined the phrase "trial by Sportscene"?

Check the last three Rangers match reports on either bbc or scotsman

Each one says "Rangers striker Martyn waghorn could consider himself lucky to avoid a red card after hitting out at an opponent "

It's a recurring theme now the goals have dried up

Mcpakeisgod
01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
It was great challenge aswell

Bayern Bru
01-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Check the last three Rangers match reports on either bbc or scotsman

Each one says "Rangers striker Martyn waghorn could consider himself lucky to avoid a red card after hitting out at an opponent "

It's a recurring theme now the goals have dried up

Is Tony McGlennan on holiday then?

Baldy Foghorn
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Should have been booked for tackle on Gray in first half, he hets booked for a shocker, remonstrates that he did nothing wrong, then raises his arms to Fyvie....

Stays on park, new Club, still getting away with murder though................